free bluetooth headset no joke

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ChiefMahwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ChiefMahwoo
Member since 2007 • 355 Posts

hear me out on this fellow gamers. while searching ps3 forums today I came across this offer

http://www.buy.com/retail/product.asp?sku=204549812&adid=17653&dcaid=17653

100% free deal still not sure then read these posts on the sony ps3 forums

http://boardsus.playstation.com/playstation/board/message?board.id=ps3&thread.id=2790683

i ordered mine why not you people do the same too. Oh one more thing there is a $0.72 tax for Californa people. Also choose the budget shipping method which is free shipping.

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 LtColJaxson
Member since 2005 • 3233 Posts

Yeah that actually does look real. But I don't go floating around my credit numbers online which I need to sign up for Google Checkout.

So no thanks.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
At first I thought it was spam but I was wrong. Nice.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 LtColJaxson

At first I thought it was spam but I was wrong. Nice.Duckman5
Same, I was rather suprised it was real. Most of these... Free, No joke are fake.

telefanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 telefanatic
Member since 2007 • 3008 Posts
awesome bro !!! just placed my order.
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Bruce_McGivern
Member since 2003 • 1667 Posts

Yeah that actually does look real. But I don't go floating around my credit numbers online which I need to sign up for Google Checkout.

So no thanks.

LtColJaxson

Dude... it's GOOGLE... if I'm gonna trust anyone it'd be Google.

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
it is real I ordered it and it came up to $0.00
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 LtColJaxson
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

So no thanks.

Bruce_McGivern

I don't like my credit card being registered over different websites. I will never use this google service again, and I'd rather not have my credit card registered with it.

Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bruce_McGivern
[QUOTE="Bruce_McGivern"][QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

So no thanks.

LtColJaxson

I don't like my credit card being registered over different websites. I will never use this google service again, and I'd rather not have my credit card registered with it.

Oh well, your loss.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts
thats smart actually, how do you know your item is actually going to come in the mail, not trying to be rude, but there is alot of fake website out there that wants your money and they probably wont ship you nothing.i rather be safe as well.
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 MyzeDivine
Member since 2007 • 916 Posts

thats smart actually, how do you know your item is actually going to come in the mail, not trying to be rude, but there is alot of fake website out there that wants your money and they probably wont ship you nothing.i rather be safe as well.realistic44

Well, Google Checkout is actually made exactly for what you two are worried about. You make an account with Google and store CC info there instead of giving the info to the site. Really, it's similar to a Paypal system, but it's Google, so it's probably a lot higher quality.

edit: Also, this is Buy.com, a major online retailer. I think a better question is, "Why is this thing only $10." Since it's free, though, I guess it would be worth a try.

Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Bruce_McGivern
I actually have used the 10 dollar off (insert here) Offer with Google Checkout already. There was a 20 dollar Zune A/V Combo pack on Buy.com... 7 bucks shipping... so for 17 bucks I got it. Great deal. Woulda been 27 with shipping. And It would have been 30 on Amazon. It's great because the pack was first released for 100 bucks.
Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Wow, and that's a nice headset. People, get it so we can hear people on PSN and not just a bunch of empty noise!
MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 MyzeDivine

Wow, and that's a nice headset. People, get it so we can hear people on PSN and not just a bunch of empty noise!Chaos_Bladez

Yeah, and as I said, it's very safe. Considering it's Google and the whole point is for security, I would say it's probably safer than any other CC payment site out there (Paypal, Amazon, Gamestop, etc.). You can probably expect it to become the main form of online purchases in the future, at least for large retailers. Read up on it if any of you are still skeptical. Always nice to get free stuff. ;)

ChiefMahwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ChiefMahwoo
at first i was like ya right no such thing as free. But this is WOW. When i told my parents about this they were like ya right wheres the cache. In the end they were like ok this makes sense becasue you can use it for your phone also. Win- Win situation with this
hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hishkarnib
Member since 2005 • 2625 Posts

wow, great deal.

Will it work for me, i'm in Australia?

ChiefMahwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 ChiefMahwoo

wow, great deal.

Will it work for me, i'm in Australia?

hishkarnib

if a person from canada could not buy it then i dont think you can buy it either. Im not sure on this though becasue I read this info on the official sony ps3 forums.

hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 hishkarnib

oh man. canada is mini-usa and if mini usa can't buy a usa product, how can someone from down under?

ChiefMahwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ChiefMahwoo

oh man. canada is mini-usa and if mini usa can't buy a usa product, how can someone from down under?

hishkarnib

if the person from canada could not get it then its just for U.S then. Sorry that you are missing out on this offer.

hishkarnib

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 hishkarnib
nah its alright. Already got a jabra bt150, but i thought it will be great having a second when one ran out or better sound quality
Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Alfred91
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

So no thanks.

Bruce_McGivern

Do you have any idea how easy is it to hack into anything google? You can do it through there search engine its soo unsecure, all your information.

MyzeDivine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MyzeDivine
[QUOTE="Bruce_McGivern"][QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

So no thanks.

Alfred91

Do you have any idea how easy is it to hack into anything google? You can do it through there search engine its soo unsecure, all your information.

Actually, it's not easy, but the search engine is vulnerable because of the way it works. Gmail is only "hackable" by people on the same network as you, and it's because of the way the cookies are handled, and Yahoo and Hotmail are no more secure.

When dealing with payment systems, it's completely different, especially if you are worried about someone using your CC number. As with almost any online payment that doesn't suck, your CC number is encrypted 100% of the time. Either way though, they offer full fraud protection.

Alfred91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Alfred91
Member since 2008 • 635 Posts
[QUOTE="Alfred91"][QUOTE="Bruce_McGivern"][QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

So no thanks.

MyzeDivine

Actually, it's not easy, but the search engine is vulnerable because of the way it works. Gmail is only "hackable" by people on the same network as you, and it's because of the way the cookies are handled, and Yahoo and Hotmail are no more secure.

When dealing with payment systems, it's completely different, especially if you are worried about someone using your CC number. As with almost any online payment that doesn't suck, your CC number is encrypted 100% of the time. Either way though, they offer full fraud protection.

You can easily acess security cameras powered by google through the engine. You can control the damn things through it too. I figures it wouldnt be that big a stretch of the imagination to hack financial accounts through google, but scamming the credit card companies is very stupid as they will track you.

lmblomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 lmblomas
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
Just ordered it and got confirmation e-mail hope it actually comes though.
lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts
IS it possible to get without a credit card. Because i dont have one?????
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Bruce_McGivern
Broke down, started a new account using my mom's card, and got a free one. sweet.
lordmt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 lordmt
Member since 2005 • 1067 Posts
f it im not taking the risk.
csqwared

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 csqwared
Member since 2005 • 986 Posts
Nice find man, also for those saying they don't trust these people with their credit card, why not? hell go out and get a prepaid if your that cautious, it's a nice deal, I personally won't because I have no need for another Blutooth headset, but for those who do need one this is a great opprotunity.
RMANPOWER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#29 RMANPOWER
Member since 2007 • 2734 Posts
only cost me 72 cents due to California tax, but GREAT find. Thanks
BioShockOwnz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#30 BioShockOwnz
Member since 2006 • 52901 Posts
Wow, some people...:roll: Anyways, yes, this is the real deal and it's 100% legit. I've used the Google Checkout plenty of times. It's safe and secure. It may sound too good to be true, but it's not. Buy.com and Google are not going to scam you.
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
I used gco and buy.com to buy myself a jabra headset for 3 dollars. It came in the mail and works fine.
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Bruce_McGivern

Bump

Can't wait to get mine.. I really have needed a new one.

-Renegade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#33 -Renegade
Member since 2007 • 8340 Posts
Buy.com is a legit site I buy from them all the time.
GenTom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#34 GenTom
Member since 2005 • 5945 Posts
do they ship to the UK?
Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Bruce_McGivern
Check their website.
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]At first I thought it was spam but I was wrong. Nice.LtColJaxson

Same, I was rather suprised it was real. Most of these... Free, No joke are fake.

LMAO

I just ordered a FREE head-seat!! :D

What a bunch of idiots!! They are losing sooo much money!

hahaha

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts
What a great deal. This not only applies to this headset, but you can order anything off of the website and get the 10 dollar off deal but it might not be free. I got the headset because I have been wanting one now for quite a while and I think this will make a great first headset.
svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

[QUOTE="Duckman5"]At first I thought it was spam but I was wrong. Nice.FearTheRain

LMAO

I just ordered a FREE head-seat!! :D

What a bunch of idiots!! They are losing sooo much money!

hahaha

Do you think they would have the deal if they lost money.... wonder who is the idiot...

Elann2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#39 Elann2008
Member since 2007 • 33028 Posts
Wow this is the best find by far. Thank you so much ChiefMahwoo. I just checked out and printed my receipt for record. All I had to pay in total was $0.72 cents!
FearTheRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FearTheRain
Member since 2008 • 1470 Posts

Spazz you need to do something right for a change and sticky this thread.

I can't wait to get my free headset. It didn't even cost a penny!!

FREE!

ZOMG this is the best thread on Gamespot. :D

TheCheat23k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheCheat23k
Member since 2004 • 1240 Posts
It is funny to see how many people don't know about Google Checkout's $10 off for first time users...it has been like this for quite some time now. The $10 off can be applied to anything you'd like, doesn't have to be this headset. Google Checkout is just as secure as Paypal or any other site, so there is no reason to worry about that. Buy.com is one of the most honest and respected sites I've dealt with on the internet, and their shipments always show up on my doorstep 2-3 days later...even with free shipping. It is funny how paranoid people are about sites and about getting deals like this...especially with rebates. You wouldn't believe how many free items or rebates I've got in the past....over $1000 worth. A few years back, I got over 700 blank CD-Rs at Office Max...all for free with rebates. I'm still using them today, lol. If others don't want to act on great deals, then ignore them... that's just more free stuff/rebates for the rest of us who do act on legitimate deals.
ChiefMahwoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 ChiefMahwoo
your welcome everybody but the real thanks should go to the person who posted this on the sony ps3 forum for he is the one that started this topic. I came across it and posted it here.
lmblomas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 lmblomas
Member since 2007 • 275 Posts
awsome find I really hope It comes, and I didnt get conned.
LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 LtColJaxson

It is funny to see how many people don't know about Google Checkout's $10 off for first time users...it has been like this for quite some time now. The $10 off can be applied to anything you'd like, doesn't have to be this headset. Google Checkout is just as secure as Paypal or any other site, so there is no reason to worry about that. Buy.com is one of the most honest and respected sites I've dealt with on the internet, and their shipments always show up on my doorstep 2-3 days later...even with free shipping. It is funny how paranoid people are about sites and about getting deals like this...especially with rebates. You wouldn't believe how many free items or rebates I've got in the past....over $1000 worth. A few years back, I got over 700 blank CD-Rs at Office Max...all for free with rebates. I'm still using them today, lol. If others don't want to act on great deals, then ignore them... that's just more free stuff/rebates for the rest of us who do act on legitimate deals. TheCheat23k

hehehe... Paypal, Secure? Don't use those words in the same sentence.

I lost credit card information through Pay-Pal and over 300 bucks becasue of some hacker. I eventually got the money back, but it took 2 months for them to resolve it.

The internet is not secure no matter what you think. If a hacker wants to get into something, he will (Just like how someone hacked the PSN, no one ever expected that).

svenskamerikan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 svenskamerikan
Member since 2007 • 1408 Posts

You get your money back? Then to me it is secure. Someone can look over your shoulder when you use the credit card in teh store... there are fake things they put on top of the regular atm to swipe your info etc etc etc. You get the money back if something goes wrong and it is as secure as I would call anything.

This was a good deal - I got the logitech usb headset for $5.99 shipping a few weeks ago ($20 mail-in-rebate for the $20 headset) also a good deal

airg6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#46 airg6
Member since 2006 • 4390 Posts

Nice

firebreathing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 firebreathing
Member since 2005 • 4619 Posts
[QUOTE="LtColJaxson"]

So no thanks.

Bruce_McGivern

some people are paranoid as hell.

thats smart actually, how do you know your item is actually going to come in the mail, not trying to be rude, but there is alot of fake website out there that wants your money and they probably wont ship you nothing.i rather be safe as well.realistic44

OR you could just check out a consumer reports website??? Maybe other forums and see what people say??? :o

LtColJaxson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LtColJaxson

You get your money back? Then to me it is secure. Someone can look over your shoulder when you use the credit card in teh store... there are fake things they put on top of the regular atm to swipe your info etc etc etc. You get the money back if something goes wrong and it is as secure as I would call anything.

This was a good deal - I got the logitech usb headset for $5.99 shipping a few weeks ago ($20 mail-in-rebate for the $20 headset) also a good deal

svenskamerikan

TO YOU IT IS SECURE???

Getting all my credit information stolen, then having to keep going on the phone with pay-pal for weeks - IS SECURE?

That is a joke, please tell me. I consider secure NOT GETTING ANYTHING STOLEN.

I had to cancel my credit cards that I had registered with the site, then go through all the hassle. They wouldn't have returned the money if I hadn't kept calling. That is not secure.

Maybe you are using your mommy and daddies credit card so it is no big deal for you.

BrettB7400

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 BrettB7400
Member since 2007 • 3401 Posts
[QUOTE="svenskamerikan"]

LtColJaxson

TO YOU IT IS SECURE???

Getting all my credit information stolen, then having to keep going on the phone with pay-pal for weeks - IS SECURE?

That is a joke, please tell me. I consider secure NOT GETTING ANYTHING STOLEN.

I had to cancel my credit cards that I had registered with the site, then go through all the hassle. They wouldn't have returned the money if I hadn't kept calling. That is not secure.

Maybe you are using your mommy and daddies credit card so it is no big deal for you.

If you are worried about getting your credit card information stolen, buy a cheap prepaid gift card such as american express and use that. It worked for me even though I only have about 2 bucks left on it. And also, I dont have to worry about my real credit card being stolen.

Bruce_McGivern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Bruce_McGivern
I'm gonna give this a little.... BUMP!