Franchises that just need to die!....

• 80 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Acidrain1988
Member since 2006 • 603 Posts

What franchises do you think just need to end.... (dont just have to be games)

Personally

Star Wars...... I LOVE starwars, and I think alot of the games are fun, but I think the talented devs and money that go into these games should be used to make something new and exciting.

theres lots more, but im drawing a blank...
azimiballer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 azimiballer
Member since 2007 • 1107 Posts

lol I think i know where u got this from.... X-PLAY!!!!!

games that need to die: SONIC,HALO lol

jrlc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 jrlc1
Member since 2005 • 4235 Posts

yeah, sonic is pretty bad.

some that i think that need to die are Pokemon, Megaman Battle Network ( i don't know if they still make them. I think they're at 6 and each one has two versions)

i'll think of something else....

zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
GTA....
lukemorgan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lukemorgan21
Member since 2006 • 1813 Posts

GTA....zero_cool098

that'll happen. pause not.

MagMower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MagMower
Member since 2005 • 992 Posts
Sonic. Need For Speed - sort of. They need to do something new and fresh. Im sick of story racers, Im sick of Urban Street Racing. NFS:HP2 is where its at.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#7 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts

[QUOTE="zero_cool098"]GTA....lukemorgan21

Lol borat. Your shirt is NOT black.

i think..we should just let the games live.

Avatar image for live4thepackers
live4thepackers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 live4thepackers
Member since 2006 • 13348 Posts
sonic for sure, pokemon
zero_cool098

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zero_cool098
Member since 2006 • 1886 Posts
[QUOTE="lukemorgan21"]

[QUOTE="zero_cool098"]GTA....trav_have

Lol borat. Your shirt is NOT black.

i think..we should just let the games live.

i just said it coz i cant choose one game and above all games this one is popular and its based on real life violence...... but im not interested for it to "die" lol

Psythce

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Psythce
Member since 2003 • 1173 Posts
MADDEN!! ITS CRAP I TELL YA!!!
KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts

Sonic. Need For Speed - sort of. They need to do something new and fresh. Im sick of story racers, Im sick of Urban Street Racing. NFS:HP2 is where its at.MagMower

HOLY **** Someone agrees with me!!!! Please EA go back to exotic European cars driving in backroad streets of the Italian contryside please for the love of God! Hot Pursuit 2 for the win! Also Hawaii levels were cool too.

ISA_Scum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ISA_Scum
Member since 2007 • 350 Posts

Sonic the Hedgehog. Has there been a good edition to that franchise in the last decade?

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#13 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

I think Star Wars has plenty left to give....

As long as they move away from Darth Vadar, Leia, Luke Skywalker, and Han Solo.

If they make it like KOTOR, that franchise can keep going for long time. It's just we already know the stories of the movie. They should move on to different story.

I'm still hoping they make Yoda based Star Wars game. Shows stories of Yoda during his younger years before he became highest ranked Jedi.

As for Franchises that needs to die..

Sonic definitely

Megaman also needs to go

As much as I love Romance of the Three Kingdom story and novels, Dynasty Warriors got to go or at least get some major improvement other than graphic. How long they going to keep really long mindless button mashing gameplay and keep going up numbers as sequels?

sniper_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#14 sniper_99
Member since 2004 • 2820 Posts

Sonic the Hedgehog. Has there been a good edition to that franchise in the last decade?

ISA_Scum

Not since Sonic 3 & Knuckles

biggamerhk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 54

#15 biggamerhk
Member since 2006 • 1653 Posts
mario party
caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts
WWII FPS games need to stop!!
KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#17 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts
sonic, def jam fighting games, superman games period
Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Acidrain1988

[QUOTE="MagMower"]Sonic. Need For Speed - sort of. They need to do something new and fresh. Im sick of story racers, Im sick of Urban Street Racing. NFS:HP2 is where its at.KaptainKernal

HOLY **** Someone agrees with me!!!! Please EA go back to exotic European cars driving in backroad streets of the Italian contryside please for the love of God! Hot Pursuit 2 for the win! Also Hawaii levels were cool too.

wow, i just realized right when i started to not like racing games....

I never noticed before, but I loved them when they were like what you described above (need for speed 2 SE), then they made themm all street racing urban ish.

Arisugawa00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Arisugawa00
Member since 2004 • 267 Posts
Sonic, def Jam (they suck), Madden
knicknut17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#20 knicknut17
Member since 2003 • 1987 Posts

Need for Speed. I don't know why, I just HATE this series. It's so overrated; give me Burnout 3 or Gran Turismo ANYDAY.

All "official" movie video games. The lone exception being "The Chronicles of Riddick".

The only reason I don't include Star Wars, as much as I want to, is because of KOTR. It redeems the other (MANY) wayward souls.

Turok. So much potential...I don't see N64 coming back anytime soon.

Spyro the Dragon. They should've pulled the plug when PS2 came out...but they didn't. I think the guys at Insomniac cry every time they see a new Spyro game come out. They wouldn't never tolerated such crap to come out.

Madden. It doesn't necessarily need to die. It just needs to be good for a change. 2005 on PS2 and Xbox was the last time this game was good.

Pokemon. They're going to make every friggin' color of the rainbow...

Speaking of Rainbows...it's a shame Tom Clancy is better known for the video games than his books. Sacrilege I tell you...

Project Gotham Racing and Ridge Racer...Please...Just Stop. Same mediocre games with a fresh coat of paint..

Mortal Komat...I loved these games as a kid, but when it went 3-D...it just went to hell. MK Trilogy on PS One is one of the best games EVER. They should've just stopped there...Ditto for Street Fighter.

Sonic the Hedgehog. The first three were oh so great...Wonderful games that I will never forget. Now we have Sonic and Secret Rings? VOMIT...Where the heck did Tails and Knuckles go? Dr. Robotnik? I don't keep up anymore since the games suck.

Crash Bandicoot is one of the most overrated franchises ever! The only thing about him was that he was a cool looking "bandicoot". What the hell is a Bandicoot?

Can we set a limit on how many god awful FPS are released every year? Please? I pity the fools who wasted money on Shadowrun and Call of Juarez...They're all the same damn thing nowadays...How much are you seriously going to innovate a FPS? Don't even create them...feed the children of Darfur instead of releasing the same, stale, garbage that we see on store shelves. Let's just say the only FPS worth getting this year are Bioshock, Unreal Tournament, Haze, and Orange Box.

Metal Gear Solid. Just kidding...I wanted to keep you guys honest. Seriously though, I want Snake to die. I want him to die as a hero. I want him to defeat Liquid and die in peace. And none of this cloning stuff anymore. I want him and his genes to die with him. I want one of the greatest franchises ever to end with dignity.

PSN ID: Dominus9

steelcityD36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 steelcityD36
Member since 2004 • 380 Posts

I loved bothNFS Hot Pursuit's please EA ditch this urban street racer crap.

MLB 2k and Nascar lol,need to be axed.

MGSFan27285

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MGSFan27285
Member since 2004 • 850 Posts
sports games and final fantasy. yes final fantasy, the storys always the same. i have never liked a FF game, except 12, but that one the hardcore FF fans dont like as much. yea, FF needs to die along with NFS. we need more story driven horror games. ones that can actaully scare me.
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 c0mplex
Member since 2002 • 15382 Posts

Final Fantasy needs to die simply because there is no reason to call all of those RPGs Final Fantasy. besides the lack of connection between characters and storyline, even the combat system aren't always the same from game to game.

i would rather just have them create new titles for every FF game that they make instead of whoring out that brand.

SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts
Somone needs to kill off that freaking fat Italian plumber once and for all.
Acidrain1988

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Acidrain1988

lol, i know what you mean

Square Enix has made such a name for it selves, it could make a new title and it would still sell great, they dont need to whore out the FF name anymore.

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 c0mplex

Somone needs to kill off that freaking fat Italian plumber once and for all. SmokenAshes

that plumber will jump your ***. :twisted:

freediro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 freediro
Member since 2006 • 3782 Posts

anything that has more then 3 installments gets old!

never say Star Wars needs to die! that whole literall galaxy is rittled with great story lines and characters! The Force Unleashed is somethign new there should be a new KOTOR, and even rumors about a MMORPG based on star wars!

Rockstar needs to try somethng new instead of making a GTAV if they decide to do a 5th.

TriangleHard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#28 TriangleHard
Member since 2005 • 9097 Posts

lol, i know what you mean

Square Enix has made such a name for it selves, it could make a new title and it would still sell great, they dont need to whore out the FF name anymore.

Acidrain1988

They do need to whore out that name. That's automatic extra 2 mil copies or so in sales.

However, every Final Fantasy iteration always contains certain elements to be called Final Fantasy. Might it be the music, monster design, visual style, they always contain certain elements.

kirbyfanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#29 kirbyfanatic
Member since 2007 • 2685 Posts
spyro games are all terrible now
SmokenAshes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 SmokenAshes
Member since 2005 • 1580 Posts

never say Star Wars needs to die! that whole literall galaxy is rittled with great story lines and characters! The Force Unleashed is somethign new there should be a new KOTOR, and even rumors about a MMORPG based on star wars!

Rockstar needs to try somethng new instead of making a GTAV if they decide to do a 5th.

freediro

Star Wars Galaxies??

c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 c0mplex
[QUOTE="freediro"]

SmokenAshes

Star Wars Galaxies??

i believe the next Star Wars MMO game would be made by Bioware.

Solid_Max13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#32 Solid_Max13
Member since 2006 • 3596 Posts
anything Pokemon Yugioh or One Piece $hit and as for Mario well he shouldnt die but cmon nintendo let him retire already the poor poor man!!!
chewy130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 chewy130
Member since 2006 • 643 Posts
star wars i agree. and tomb raider.
dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Any movie turned game franchises

Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts

[QUOTE="MagMower"]Sonic. Need For Speed - sort of. They need to do something new and fresh. Im sick of story racers, Im sick of Urban Street Racing. NFS:HP2 is where its at.KaptainKernal

Now that you mention it, I do miss those exotics on the backroads dodging cars left and right with cops on your tail. Ah, yes, the good'ol Hot Pursuit days. I think I might play that tonight.

...Also noticed your sig. Adam Savages quote you have is probably my favorite quote of all time. I also like "well there's your problem."

puckhead778

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 puckhead778
Member since 2006 • 232 Posts
ya whoever said it, nfs: hot pursuit was by far the best and needs to be like redone in a new game.......and wtf? pokemon games need to deff. die.....i mean come on when i had a gameboy i just remember yellow and idk there were like 3 lol but its ridiculous now......and sonic, i dont want it to die, but tony hawk is gettin old, finally glad halois ending, i mean great games but not much change has been done between all of them IMO, finally sonic just needs to get out the noose already......
Mjasurfer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Mjasurfer7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
am just glad no one said ff, that would have pissed me off, so we all coo, but sonic needs to go and some other gay ones, ratchet and clank, and stupid games like those
c0mplex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 c0mplex

am just glad no one said ff, that would have pissed me off, so we all coo, but sonic needs to go and some other gay ones, ratchet and clank, and stupid games like thoseMjasurfer7

i said FF. not the games... but just the whoring out of the franchise name.

Illmaticnyj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Illmaticnyj
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts

mario-come on how many games will he be in

need for speed-getting old

sonic-the games arent even good anymore. look at the last 2

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Sonic - Sonic died when they invented the random Sega Character Generator, spitting one out by the hour

Pokemon - Yeah, 150 originally. To what? 1000 now? (not sure, don't watch it.) But I keep seeing more and more *spawning*

STAR WARS (the biggest franchise wh0ring in the history of mankind)

Every "tricked out car Street Racing" game. It's just a fad brought by the fact that so many people seen Fast And The Furious, PERIOD.

Dynasty Warriors. Up to what now? 5 games of this? A japanese version aswell? Of THE SAME EXACT GAME?!

Mortal Kombat - Yeah, 1992 and the controversy of pixelized blood are OVER. Characters die, they suddenly come back, same old blah blah blah.

Madden - Why? They rush-created an engine for one game and each year, they fix 1 LINE OF CODE which apparently justifies a difference from buying Madden'08 over Madden'07 and so on.

MOVIE GAMES - Need I say more?

Any Hip Hop throwanythingtodrivesalesofsomemoroncommericalrapper - Look at 50 Cent Bullet Proof or Def Jam. Nuff said.

Manhunt - The first game failed. This game was soley created to raise eyebrowes. Rockstar today is like Midway was back in the early 90's. YAWN Who wants to brutally kill someone with no s t y l e at all? What's the point? Now they're making #2? (yeah cause #1 worked out so well, ratings and game wise :roll: )

Can't think of anything else at this time.... (jesus, S T Y L E is censored?!)

mvp2488

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 mvp2488
Member since 2007 • 89 Posts

HALO enough said

Mjasurfer7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Mjasurfer7
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
who cares about the name, the games are sick and should keep goin, especially a remake of ff VII, would be sick
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
Oh yeah I forgot about HALO. The most over hyped generic FPS game on the planet. If they didn't do so much marketing with Halo brain washing the masses that it's "the best game in the world", there would be no 360 today. I'm sorry but it's true. If X-Box didn't have Halo at first, X-Box 1 would be a memory and it would be just Wii and PS3 today. Halo was the only thing going for X-Box, and it seems like it still is. 1 title, Halo 3.
PapaGlide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#45 PapaGlide
Member since 2007 • 994 Posts

Sonic - not very good at all

Dynasty Warriors - too repetive

Gundam Games - there stupid

Movie Games

Def Jam

Megaman

Stupid Card games like Pokemon Yugioh

Mortal kombat

WW 2 Games

Donkey Cong- please just stop

OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

MADDEN!! ITS CRAP I TELL YA!!!Psythce

i agree

poketali

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 poketali
Member since 2007 • 90 Posts

Sonic... not necessarily die, just a complete overhaul & some serious thought into it!!

Tombraider... can't believe no one mentioned this!!

Halo... i played it last year & i really don't get it, seems really stupid... & was i drunk or were there weird talking cuddly aliens i was shooting @??

Final Fantsay... have never played any, will never play any!!

Tekken... the game is garbage!!

Street Fighter... much like sonic... complete overhaul is in order, in fact slip Mortal Kombat & pretty much every fighting games in there... when will we finally get a fighting game that plays like an actual martial arts movie??

Burnout... stupid!!

Racing games... can someone just make the end all be all racing game... take the real open streets of TDU, the graphics, closed circuit tracks, & realism of GT, the physics of Colin McRae 4 - 5, customization of... uhm, whoever is doing the best job right now, the concept of Kaido Battle w/ legal, illegal sanctioned events... racing perfection!!

KaptainKernal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 KaptainKernal
Member since 2006 • 1787 Posts

Turok will never die!!!! Just Evolution was like the worst game ever devised. The new Turok actualy looks like it will acomplish to made the series awesome again. On my favorite list of games to come.

And I will never critizize EA again if they went back to the Hotpursuit 2 style of gameplay. seriously. that game was magnifficent.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#49 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts

of course the first franchise that came to mind when i read the topic was Sonic, they either need to kill the whole thing, or go back to 2d, becasue they sure as h3ll couldn't get it right in the 3d era.

Burnout, i stopped playing after the third game becasue its just more of the same with worse mechanics.

Movie games, who are these helping? really now?

Resident Evil, i know that a lot of people really really love these games, but its just getting old, slowly walking around and shooting zombies isn't fun anymore, i think that Capcom should stop over RE5 and make a new zombie IP.

TOny Hawk series, THPS4 was without a doubt one of the best sports games ever, since then they have really gone downhill, they need to step back and look were they went from skateboarding to completely relieing on gimmicks. Skate is a breath of fresh air.

Dynasty Warriors, the yellow tuban rebellion sucks after 10 times.

Ridge Racer, don't get me wrong RR is great, but i think if they can't come up with something a hell of a lot better the next time around they just drop it completely.

lastly, it would have to be every stupid custom car game out there, NFS and all its clones have gotten out of hand, they need to stop, NOW!! Midnight Club 4 sounds like a good idea, but i think it will be just more of the same.

D-ice3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 D-ice3000
Member since 2005 • 194 Posts
i thought manhunt was great fun...
but yea i think Call of Duty/Medal of Honor need to end