Folding@Home Unit Count Erased? Life With Playstation Problems? Please read.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PseudoFinrod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 PseudoFinrod
Member since 2006 • 461 Posts

I have been using Life With Playstation since it first debuted as Folding@Home a few years ago. Recently, the system was unplugged after I pressed the shutdown button while the application was running--I'm not sure if it completely done shutting down before the power got cut. It's not the first time that the power has been shut off suddenly while the application was running, I don't think. However, when I next noticed (and it could have gotten a unit uploaded before I did), my username was PS3, my group number was blank, and my unit count had been reset to zero.

Does this make sense? I am wondering if this has happened to anyone else, and I am also wondering if it is possible to somehow recover my system/user/team data onto my PS3. I had well over 1,000 units uploaded when this happened, and while it's hardly the biggest deal if I have to start over, I would nonetheless like to find out more about the issue. I'm also hoping that this is not an indication of a larger problem with my PS3 (60 gig model, BTW)--it froze up after I quit Playstation Home a little while after this happened, and had to be reset.

It's probably nothing, though. I just hope to learn more.