This topic is locked from further discussion.

The_Waffler14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 The_Waffler14
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts

Earlier this week there was a rumor that Square Enix will remake FF7 for the PSN. I was wondering, that since I am probably one of the few people that didn't play FF7 on the original Playstation (I had the chance to buy it way back when but I bought The Emperors New Groove instead, stupid me), that maybe, if it's realesed, if I should buy it. Bottom line is I hope it does come true and is remade for the store.

Avatar image for kenshingumi2007
kenshingumi2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 kenshingumi2007
Member since 2007 • 44 Posts
Well sony did release an FF7 tech demo so maybe they will release FF7 on PSN
N-REAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 N-REAL
Member since 2003 • 2509 Posts
I'm praying for a remake of FFVII. I still have and play once a year my original FFVII. Would be an honor to see a remake with the PS3 full power! Surely would boost PS3 Sales! PS3 ID: NREAL
tootergray34

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 tootergray34
Member since 2007 • 501 Posts
no way they remake it like the tech demo...but maybe put the original on there...but if they do they really need to put some additional side quests on it...cause i've played it too many times to count. probably still buy it so i could play it on my psp though
Hive7311

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Hive7311
Member since 2004 • 333 Posts

Well they released in on the Japan PSN, so hopefully they will release the PSone version in the states. We have been getting screwed recently on PSone games for PS3/PSP.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Before you give up any hopes, trash that "remake" crap because it ain't happening.

A PSN release of the original is the only realistic thing possible and it's already happened. So I imagine it'll come here eventually. I just wonder how that whole disk swap thing would work out. Especially since you can play PS1 games on your PSP :P

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#7 ShadowBass989
Member since 2004 • 1734 Posts
i would rather have a remake of ff7 on the ps3. same story, same everything, just add more sidequests and boss's maybe. but if they refuse for some ungodly reason to remake this game, i would like to see them release it on the psn and make it available for download to either your ps3 hdd or your psp. (ff7 on the road...AWESOME!!) they did just release ff7 on japan psn accounts for download. so maybe something will happen soon.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Denji

i would rather have a remake of ff7 on the ps3. same story, same everything, just add more sidequests and boss's maybe. but if they refuse for some ungodly reason to remake this game, i would like to see them release it on the psn and make it available for download to either your ps3 hdd or your psp. (ff7 on the road...AWESOME!!) they did just release ff7 on japan psn accounts for download. so maybe something will happen soon.ShadowBass989

It's just not logical, or economical to do so. They can't make an entirely new game based on band wagon hype.

Personally, I think there are far better Final Fantasy games out there than seven. What would the difference be if I went around saying "eight should be remade" or "six should be remade"? Do you think Square should make those because I say so?

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 ShadowBass989

[QUOTE="ShadowBass989"]i would rather have a remake of ff7 on the ps3. same story, same everything, just add more sidequests and boss's maybe. but if they refuse for some ungodly reason to remake this game, i would like to see them release it on the psn and make it available for download to either your ps3 hdd or your psp. (ff7 on the road...AWESOME!!) they did just release ff7 on japan psn accounts for download. so maybe something will happen soon.Denji

It's just not logical, or economical to do so. They can't make an entirely new game based on band wagon hype.

Personally, I think there are far better Final Fantasy games out there than seven. What would the difference be if I went around saying "eight should be remade" or "six should be remade"? Do you think Square should make those because I say so?

i wouldl ike them to remake 8 and 9, or even 6. im ok with them releasing the original version on the psn. but in my defense, they have brought this on themselves, they showed the opening for ff7 on ps3 specs, its there own fault all this hype surrounds it now.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Denji

[QUOTE="Denji"]

[QUOTE="ShadowBass989"]i would rather have a remake of ff7 on the ps3. same story, same everything, just add more sidequests and boss's maybe. but if they refuse for some ungodly reason to remake this game, i would like to see them release it on the psn and make it available for download to either your ps3 hdd or your psp. (ff7 on the road...AWESOME!!) they did just release ff7 on japan psn accounts for download. so maybe something will happen soon.ShadowBass989

i wouldl ike them to remake 8 and 9, or even 6. im ok with them releasing the original version on the psn. but in my defense, they have brought this on themselves, they showed the opening for ff7 on ps3 specs, its there own fault all this hype surrounds it now.

Yeah it was a weird choice. But also, it was a great choice. Because it got everybody's attention to get a PS3. To be honest, I would've done the same thing. But I'm more honest and would've done it if I had a plan to follow through with. Maybe not a remake, but something like a spin off or something. Cause that would just cost a lot of money that won't be made back. What they pulled off in 1997 wouldn't work today. Things are different now.

Today's standards, FF7 would be completely redone with full voice work and new revamped soundtrack to say the least. That in itself equals a budget that could be better spent on a whole new game.

ShadowBass989

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 ShadowBass989

i agree 100%, but they dug a hole now by showing that. its got every ff7 fan/tycoon/nut excited and they wont stop. yeah if its in the works id like to see it. but like i said, i want everything the same. use the voices from advent children (not kingdom hearts, i hated cids voice in that), and reguarding the music, keep it the same, just have it like refreshed, if that makes sense. but like i said also, just release it to where i can have the original ff7 on my psp and ill b happy. i go to florida every year, its a 13 to 14 hour drive without stopping for breaks and suchs. that would b awesome to have for me.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
IT HAS BEEN RELEASED ON PSN IN CANADA SO IT'LL HAVE BEEN RELEASED IN THE STATES IT COSTS 9.99$ AND THEY HAVE ALSO RELEASED RESIDENT EVIL 1 WITH BETTER GRAPHICS AND STUFF LIKE THAT ! WILL BE PRIMELukeArthur94
Don't bump old threads.