FF XIII (March 9) Resonance of Fate (March 16) - Which are you getting?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 azzezino
Member since 2002 • 4570 Posts

I've always liked the Final Fantasy series and have already pre-ordered FF XIII, but Resonance of Fate looks too awesome to pass up (I even think it'll be the better game between the two). I've made up my mind and I'm getting both games. I'm gonna link up some gameplay vids of the two for everyone to enjoy and post which game interest you the most after watching them and why.

Resonance of Fate

Final Fantasy XIII

Tidbit- Resonance of Fate was scheduled to arrive in North America on May 31 (according to amazon.com), but it seems that Sega's pretty confident in the game (since it sold very well in Japan) that they move up the release date to March 16 (merely a week after the release of FF XIII). A bold move indeed! :shock:

Shirokishi_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shirokishi_
Member since 2009 • 11206 Posts

Both but RoF is my biggest priority. Bigger TriAce fan.

finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts

BOTH day 1! i'll probably play FFXIII and wont touch any other game till i get a plat on FFXIII manily like now since im planning on getting a plat on WKC and havent touched SO4 yet

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 azzezino

BOTH day 1! i'll probably play FFXIII and wont touch any other game till i get a plat on FFXIII manily like now since im planning on getting a plat on WKC and havent touched SO4 yet

finalstar2007
I'm trying to finish WKC before I start playing Star Ocean too (I'm really tempted to start sooner), but there is no way in hell I'm going to platinum WKC (it's too time consuming).
Puscifer_No1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Puscifer_No1
Member since 2006 • 2769 Posts

I've always liked the Final Fantasy series and have already pre-ordered FF XIII, but Resonance of Fate looks too awesome to pass up (I even think it'll be the better game between the two). I've made up my mind and I'm getting both games. I'm gonna link up some gameplay vids of the two for everyone to enjoy and post which game interest you the most after watching them and why.

Resonance of Fate

Final Fantasy XIII

Tidbit- Resonance of Fate was scheduled to arrive in North America on May 31 (according to amazon.com), but it seems that Sega's pretty confident in the game (since it sold very well in Japan) that they move up the release date to March 16 (merely a week after the release of FF XIII). A bold move indeed! :shock:

azzezino

You sir have just made me broke as hell :lol: Unfortunately, I already have FFXIII pre-ordered, but after seeing that videoclip (I didn't watch all of it but what I did watch, I was like " :shock:" all the way through), so now I want to go pre-order it, thankfully I got paid yesterday BUT at the same time, I'm moving into a bigger place, so priorities come first, so RoF will have to wait :( And you both suck, with the utmost respect :P I've yet to touch either WKC OR SO4 :cry: AC2 is addicting :P

AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

For me, Resonance of Fate, a game with a different style, overall more fresh instead of FF that is nothing but a shell of the early Ps2 and Ps1 era titles, linear as a piece of strig, tri ace is a better dev in my eyes.

azzezino

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 azzezino
[QUOTE="Puscifer_No1"]

[QUOTE="azzezino"]

Resonance of Fate

Final Fantasy XIII

You sir have just made me broke as hell :lol: Unfortunately, I already have FFXIII pre-ordered, but after seeing that videoclip (I didn't watch all of it but what I did watch, I was like " :shock:" all the way through), so now I want to go pre-order it, thankfully I got paid yesterday BUT at the same time, I'm moving into a bigger place, so priorities come first, so RoF will have to wait :( And you both suck, with the utmost respect :P I've yet to touch either WKC OR SO4 :cry: AC2 is addicting :P

You, Sir, made me lol.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

FFXIII... I will get Resonance of Fate later on. Only because I'm also getting Yakuza 3 that week as well. I want to support them more so they will bring over Yakuza 4. I love that series so much.

Avatar image for SalvationGift31
SalvationGift31

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SalvationGift31
Member since 2010 • 277 Posts
Eventually get both. Both are going to be great. =)
yoda4ps3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 yoda4ps3
Member since 2009 • 678 Posts

FFXIII doesn't look that great and i have FFX, VII and VIII to play through still so i'm going with RoF, it looks like the better game anyway... now if it was FFXIII Versus that'd be a different story lol can't wait for that game

Sphire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sphire
Member since 2004 • 2081 Posts
Wow, first time seeing RoF in action. Looks superb. I will have to check it out if reviews are good(or I finish ffxiii, whichever comes first). Reminds me somewhat of grandia 3, but with more freedom over control. Which can only be a good thing. And anytime a girl can layeth the smackdown is awesome, hahaha. Though it looked too flashy, jumping all around and whatnot, like it's trying to be an action rpg. And when the dude got stuck behind the wall twice must have been annoying(though it was then whoever was playing showed that you can manually control movement too, which is a plus). I'm always game for an rpg.
Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
Both but I don't plan on touching another game until after FFXIII, in which case God of War III and Mass Effect (followed by Mass Effect 2) are gonna be my top priorities so it might be a while until I get to RoF. Definitely looking forward to it though.
Ignicaeli

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Ignicaeli
Member since 2009 • 385 Posts

Both, just not on day 1...

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#14 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
Ff13 for me, I'll end up with Resonance of Fate later though.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I'm getting Resonance of Fate. I lost interest in FF13. I'm waiting for Versus 13.
Childeater10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Childeater10
Member since 2006 • 3027 Posts

Ugh i just remembered GoWIII is out that day to. Ehh it may be awhile before I even buy RoF.

taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#17 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

By March, my money is set for Battlefield: Bad Company 2 and God of War III...

I might pick up FFXIII... about Resonance of Fate, i need some more reviews and previews...

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

FFXIII only. ROF looked pretty good, but I didn't find it to be very impressive, maybe a demo would help change my mind.

Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts
Bold move? I think "insane" is the word you are looking for. It's not just one week after FF13, it's on the same day as God of War 3. I'm thinking I'll end up with both. I'm not sure though, depends on how big my tax return is.
Avatar image for SteveTabernacle
SteveTabernacle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 SteveTabernacle
Member since 2010 • 2584 Posts

FFXIII only. ROF looked pretty good, but I didn't find it to be very impressive, maybe a demo would help change my mind.

WR_Platinum
Well then, you could go make a Japanese PSN account and download it now. They've had a demo for some time now. Though over there it is called End of Eternity.
WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

[QUOTE="WR_Platinum"]

SteveTabernacle

Well then, you could go make a Japanese PSN account and download it now. They've had a demo for some time now. Though over there it is called End of Eternity.

Too lazy for that, especially for a game I didn't find very impressive. If there will be a NA demo though, I'll be glad and ready to download it and see if I change my mind about it.

GodofEmpires

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 GodofEmpires
Member since 2009 • 611 Posts
I need more monayy for February/march games!!! GOW3, Heavy Rain, and FFXII are games I need this year.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
I'll be getting both of them on day 1...
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#24 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Final Fantasy XIII. It's bad enough I'm getting Yakuza 3 along with it, I don't need another game at that time :lol:
1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

What do you think..? No question about it, FFXIII.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#26 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'll be getting both, but devoting most of my time to FFXIII. I'm happy Resonance of Fate is coming out so soon, but I think it's dumb of Sega to release it so close to some major heavy hitters. RoF might turn out like VC - a good game that gets lost in the shuffle of much bigger titles.

CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9154 Posts
final13 its must have for me i see the reviews of ROF and i buy it after
hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

Both, but I have to put off RoF till April, sadly. :(

hakanakumono

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 hakanakumono
Member since 2008 • 27455 Posts

For me, Resonance of Fate, a game with a different style, overall more fresh instead of FF that is nothing but a shell of the early Ps2 and Ps1 era titles, linear as a piece of strig, tri ace is a better dev in my eyes.

AgentA-Mi6

FFXIII is actually quite a bit different.

xionvalkyrie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 xionvalkyrie
Member since 2008 • 3444 Posts

Importing the Chinese version of FFXIII in May-ish, so getting RoF first.

Leon_Kennedy1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Leon_Kennedy1
Member since 2006 • 1030 Posts
I'll get FF XIII day one, I'll also get RoF but later.
Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Final Fantasy XIII. It's bad enough I'm getting Yakuza 3 along with it, I don't need another game at that time :lol:Flame_Blade88
oh damn! i forgot about Yakuza 3! i'm sure glad i'm getting vacation pay this month.. so many games coming out!
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

both preordered but I'll get through FF13 first

Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

i think both games look great, i wanna get RoF but i just dont like how everytime u attack or shoot the gun ur guy does like all those front flips and crap... is that really necessary?? i mean that might get a lil tiring after awhile but it is flashy and cool at first i would assume, im not gonna say much though cuz i didnt even get to play the demo, i just have seen some videos.

but i will get ff13 for sure, i liked SO4 and i wouldnt be surprised RoF is good too, ill wait for some reviews of it :)

Shoooryuken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Shoooryuken
Member since 2009 • 969 Posts
RoF Demo wasn't impressive at all :/ Felt quite boring while playing it.. but at least it was nice to look at.
Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
Both since i mainly play RPG's. Not buying heavy rain means i've got a bit of spare cash around. I just hope FF13 is a damn short game.
Avatar image for Cerberus_Legion
Cerberus_Legion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 Cerberus_Legion
Member since 2007 • 1233 Posts

Both. FFXIII for my PS3, and Resonance of Fate for my 360. :P

Barbie_Boy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Barbie_Boy
Member since 2009 • 667 Posts

if any of them it will be Resonance of Fate

Abgoj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Abgoj
Member since 2005 • 12168 Posts
FFXIII, i'll get RoF when it's cheaper and there's nothing else to play.
FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FaintRain
both,i'm buying FF and my brother is buying RoF so i'll get it to play it too :D
FaintRain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 FaintRain
Both since i mainly play RPG's. Not buying heavy rain means i've got a bit of spare cash around. I just hope FF13 is a damn short game.JustWiicredible
why short? :O i like games to be short but not RPGs
nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

I'm definitely getting FFXIII, I'm just not sure if it'll be on day one or not. I'm currently playing FFXII, and I won't buy FFXIII until I beat it, so that's what it depends on; when I'm done with FFXII.

As for RoF, to be honest, I don't have much interest in it right now. I'm unsure, if not even doubtful on it right now. One thing is for sure, and that's that even if I get some interest in it and decide to buy it, it won't be for some time after launch.

Avatar image for JustWiicredible
JustWiicredible

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 JustWiicredible
Member since 2007 • 1908 Posts
[QUOTE="JustWiicredible"]Both since i mainly play RPG's. Not buying heavy rain means i've got a bit of spare cash around. I just hope FF13 is a damn short game.FaintRain
why short? :O i like games to be short but not RPGs

I don't like playing two RPG's at once, so i have two weeks to complete the game. lols. Then ROF, Dragon age: Awakenings,SO4,3D dot game heroes, Fallout new vegas. Good year Eh?
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#44 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Final Fantasy XIII 1st day for me.
Conker36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#45 Conker36
Member since 2006 • 101 Posts

Final Fantasy XIII, it just happens to come out on my birthday!:D

I have no interest in Resonance of Fate, and I hope that Final Fantasy XIII isn't disapointing, I read a review for it and they said the story wasn't as engaging as others and I don't like the fact that there apparently aren't any side quest or towns to explore.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
Both but neither on Day 1. More interested in Resonance of Fate. Gotta get through WKC, Heavy Rain, and GoW plus a back log of about 4 titles before I pick up RoF then FFXIII later. That's if Yakuza 3 and Red Dead Redemption don't get in the way. Great year so far.
Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts
Lost interest in FF13 after learning there are no towns. Never heard of RoF, but I'll check it out.
TIGERLIONX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 TIGERLIONX
Member since 2004 • 914 Posts

definetely FFXIII, already played the ROF demo and didnt liked too much, nice graphics and an interesting gameplay system but i didnt fall in love with it.

frielock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 frielock
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts

I'm gonna check out RoF because it seems a little something old + something new. I was let down by the linear, lack of towns, lack of sidequest and lack of backtracking in FF XIII. That being said the battle system looks incredible and as a FF fan I gotta buy it. I've been thinking about being a jerk and buying it used a couple of weeks later (even thought there won't be much a price difference) just as my personal demonstration to show that I don't like the changes....yea that'll show em (they won't even notice but I'll be sticking it to the man :twisted: )

Big_Bad_Sad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Big_Bad_Sad
Member since 2005 • 18243 Posts

definetely FFXIII, already played the ROF demo and didnt liked too much, nice graphics and an interesting gameplay system but i didnt fall in love with it.

TIGERLIONX
Where is the demo?