Far Cry 3 or Hitman Absolution

This topic is locked from further discussion.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 0

#1 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Ok, I want to get both of these games but I have a feeling that I will only be able to get one, should I get Far Cry 3 or Hitman Absolution and why?

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

I don't even have to play Hitman to tell you that FC3 is a better game.

Its a open world, many guns, many ways to approach and kill enemies, there is boobs, stealth is done great, many things to do besides the story, FC3 offers way more bang for your buck.

dramaybaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 dramaybaz
Member since 2005 • 6020 Posts
FC3 is great!
megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

As someone who owns both, I'd say Hitman is the better game. Far Cry 3 may have more content, but everything other than the main missions are quite dull. You should also know that the game looks AWFUL on consoles.

shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
I got both and Far Cry 3 is phenomenal. Looks brilliant, plays brilliant and the story is engaging. Far Cry 3 by a long shot.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

As someone who owns both, I'd say Hitman is the better game. Far Cry 3 may have more content, but everything other than the main missions are quite dull. You should also know that the game looks AWFUL on consoles.

megadeth1117
AWFUL on consoles? What year is your tv from, 1995? The game looks amazing on my PS3 with my 50 LCD so I suggest you upgrade your tv. TC, get Farcry, you will not be disappointed
megadeth1117

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 megadeth1117
Member since 2010 • 1830 Posts

[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

gregbmil

AWFUL on consoles? What year is your tv from, 1995? The game looks amazing on my PS3 with my 50 LCD so I suggest you upgrade your tv. TC, get Farcry, you will not be disappointed

Nope, got an Insignia LCD TV. Hitman looks great, as do Halo 4 and Black Ops II (to compare other shooters). Ubisoft just did a poor optimization job.

blaqphantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 blaqphantom
Member since 2010 • 1829 Posts
farcry 3 not only is it the best FPS this year its a great game overall id avoid hitman til they patch it again eve nwith the dec 10/11th patch im game keeps on freezing and my save file has corrupted twice ( 1st time being when i was close to the end of the game).
Avatar image for thedarklinglord
thedarklinglord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 thedarklinglord
Member since 2003 • 1106 Posts
[QUOTE="megadeth1117"]

gregbmil

It doesn't look awful, but if you know what it can look like on the PC, on even just medium settings, then it's easy to call the console versions ugly and jerky and unforgivably subpar. However, if PC isn't an option, or you haven't seen how awesome the game can look, or you simply aren't super picky about graphics and silky smooth frame rates, then the console versions are still pretty good.
volume_three

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 volume_three
Member since 2005 • 2142 Posts

Far Cry 3.

If you wish to experience true Hitman, I'd advise picking up this instead come the new year. Absolution was overly casualised for my liking.

Sweet_Genocide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 Sweet_Genocide
Member since 2009 • 777 Posts

Depends. Do you want an open-world game with hours of replay and a terrible stupid story, or do you want a linear game with very little replay value but a decent story.

Both are good games but only you should decide what you buy.

contracts420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 contracts420
Member since 2008 • 1956 Posts

Both are fantastic games. But for you I'd say Far Cry 3 even though Hitman Absolution is an amazing title and my personal pick for GOTY. It's tough to compare the games, both offer the player a myriad of options as to how they approach and dispatch of a situation but they also have very different focuses.

Hitman is a controlled experience but also offers the player an assortment of options, weapons, mechanics, to approach or handle their target. It's a stealth focused title but gives you a very unique experience with high replayability. Being a Hitman, locating your target, watching his routine and eliminating your target skillfully. You often blend within crowds utilizing disguises or avoiding capture by police by hiding in plain sight. It's a very different experience from that of Far Cry, even though they both offer stealth and the ability to enter or avoid a situation in a number of ways.

Would you rather be stuck on an island fighting modern pirates, driving around in vehicles, slashing enemies with your machete and causing forests fires?

Or would you rather a more calculated approach, entering a hotel with workers and security as well as guests and sneaking your way past to silenty find and kill your target? One is more action heavy, the other is more deliberate.

b1ohazardzon3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 b1ohazardzon3
Member since 2010 • 82 Posts

Definitely FarCry3! This is Game of the Year 9/10

Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#14 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Get Skyrim. Oh, but get the 360 version. PS3 version is kinda fvcked!
csadhoo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 csadhoo
Member since 2004 • 1462 Posts

If you can get both I'd say go for both. Hitman however is a lot cheaper than Far Cry 3. I recommend Far Cry 3 though. It is a hybrid of SKyrim and Red Dead to me. If you have the played and enjoyed previous Hitman games though then I would recommend that. Both are awesome games.

killerband55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 killerband55
Member since 2003 • 107961 Posts

Far Cry 3 definitely, in that game you can hunt animals, sneak around, its an open world so you can explore, drive vehicles, has an amazing story with great VA's, a fun co-op mode that's separate from the campaign, and a great multiplayer as well where if you're team wins and you are the one with the most points at the end, you can either respect your opponent or taunt your opponent,

it's a blast

EastMagi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#18 EastMagi
Member since 2012 • 141 Posts

I sold my Hitman game and keeping my Far Cry 3 copy.

RageQuitter69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#19 RageQuitter69
Member since 2012 • 1366 Posts

Thanks for everyones input, despite everyone telling me too get Far Cry 3, I got Hitman Absolution, I was going to buy Far Cry 3 but something told me to get Hitman Absolution and so far I respect my choice. About the complaints about some linear levels, there were linear levels in Silent Assassin (memories are fuzzy of Codename 47 so I can't remember if it had linear levels or not).

/thread