This topic is locked from further discussion.

McA713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 McA713
Member since 2010 • 123 Posts

I'm twelve hours in to Far Cry 3, and have to say it's one of the best games I've played. If any one is wondering if they should buy it or not, buy it, It's great.

Avatar image for ristactionjakso
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#2 ristactionjakso
Member since 2011 • 6118 Posts

Ditto

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#3 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

After a tough start, the game really grows on you, and is certainly a fantastic open world game stuffed with fun things to do.

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
Game is amazing. Only some of the later story missions can be frustrating. But free roaming, sneaking, shooting exploring and driving are amazing.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
im hating it so far. i cant figure out how to unlock more weapon slots, you only get a tiny bit of ammo, tiny bit of health (can you get more health bars, or is it just two? and how do you get armor?) Traveling sucks, i wish they gave you your own personal motor cycle or something. Huge map for no real reason. I dont understand the whole crafting system, its pretty dumb and annoying. Frame rate is poor.
ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ristactionjakso

im hating it so far. i cant figure out how to unlock more weapon slots, you only get a tiny bit of ammo, tiny bit of health (can you get more health bars, or is it just two? and how do you get armor?) Traveling sucks, i wish they gave you your own personal motor cycle or something. Huge map for no real reason. I dont understand the whole crafting system, its pretty dumb and annoying. Frame rate is poor.Nengo_Flow
You have to hunt the specific animal for the bigger weapon holster and bigger ammo pouch. Once you level up you get perk points to distribute to 3 categories, and in each category has about 20-25 things to level up. I forget which one has the extra health bar, but ya you get more health bars if you decide to level that up. Cars aren't a big issue for me because I like liberating enemy camps. Once you do that then they become fast travel points and unlock side missions that give you decent amounts of money.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Venom_Raptor

im hating it so far. i cant figure out how to unlock more weapon slots, you only get a tiny bit of ammo, tiny bit of health (can you get more health bars, or is it just two? and how do you get armor?) Traveling sucks, i wish they gave you your own personal motor cycle or something. Huge map for no real reason. I dont understand the whole crafting system, its pretty dumb and annoying. Frame rate is poor.Nengo_Flow

How long have you played? 10 minutes?

Texas2089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Texas2089
Member since 2003 • 16490 Posts
The crafting system is pretty self explanatory. If it says you need 2 deer skins to craft a certain item, hunt and skin 2 deer then select to craft that item. If it says you need 2 green leaves, then pick 2 plants with green leaves and craft the item. You can craft bigger weapon holsters and ammo bags, and for upgrading health you use skill points. Body armor can be found around the map or purchased at shops. There are plenty of cars and boats around the map to use so travel really isn't that big of an issue. If you liberate outposts those become fast travel stations making things even easier. If you just PLAY the game, you could have figured all this out. On topic, I'm loving the game so far. Not that far yet, but I really like the open world. Missions have been fun, combat is satisfying, hunting is fun, and the characters are lively. The opening scene with Vaas was awesome. I can already tell I'm going to love him as a villain.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]im hating it so far. i cant figure out how to unlock more weapon slots, you only get a tiny bit of ammo, tiny bit of health (can you get more health bars, or is it just two? and how do you get armor?) Traveling sucks, i wish they gave you your own personal motor cycle or something. Huge map for no real reason. I dont understand the whole crafting system, its pretty dumb and annoying. Frame rate is poor.Venom_Raptor

4 days.....
IC3_C0LD_ZERO

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 IC3_C0LD_ZERO
Member since 2008 • 297 Posts
It's a great game, but I would certainly like some more character development and more missions. I got it Thursday Morning and by playing 2 hours/day I am already near the half of the game (the point where you go to find Buck)
PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
The game is dumb because you fail to understand it's basic mechanics?
campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
agreed
d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#13 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

For those playing the game, how does it run - have you experienced any slowdown in single player or multi-player?

ristactionjakso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ristactionjakso

For those playing the game, how does it run - have you experienced any slowdown in single player or multi-player?

d_parker

It runs smoothly. Honestly, I barely notice the screen tearing most people complain about. But if you pay attention, you can see the screen tearing. But other than that, the game runs just fine. No slow downs for me in co-op, MP, or story.

jordonj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#16 jordonj
Member since 2010 • 1069 Posts
They do have quads though be careful using those in the mountains. I managed to get more weapon slots by getting the bow (I also went for the better sights). It's nice to be able to retrieve your arrow, though once you get the quivers, you can hold more arrows. Using Hunter's Instinct is the key to hunting. The best secondary weapon when hunting is a shotgun. Believe me, a tiger, bear, or leopard is something you want to view over the barrel of your trusty M113 or 1887 (I hope the SPAS-12 is back again). Sometimes a grenade will do wonders. I don't use the bow if I plan to take a stronghold, it's good to plan your loadout accordingly. You need a goat skin to craft a better holster, then two Deer hide to add a third (the next step up is two shark skins). To get more ammo you need to craft holsters to carry more. Another trick is to use assault rifles when fighting pirates as they will have more ammo. In this shooter, you gotta fight smart. I already have 3 slots and only got it yesterday by the way. As for your framerate, the only thing I wonder is how much free space do you have on your hard drive (I have noticed no framerate issues whatsoever).
krayzieE99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 krayzieE99
Member since 2010 • 544 Posts
[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]im hating it so far. i cant figure out how to unlock more weapon slots, you only get a tiny bit of ammo, tiny bit of health (can you get more health bars, or is it just two? and how do you get armor?) Traveling sucks, i wish they gave you your own personal motor cycle or something. Huge map for no real reason. I dont understand the whole crafting system, its pretty dumb and annoying. Frame rate is poor.Nengo_Flow

4 days.....

there is a lego version of harry potter, maybe that will be easier for you.
Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

I am loving the game, It is probably one of my top 5 favorite FPS of all time. My only gripe is that it is a little too difficult in some parts, even on easy.

Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Venom_Raptor

[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

[QUOTE="Nengo_Flow"]im hating it so far. i cant figure out how to unlock more weapon slots, you only get a tiny bit of ammo, tiny bit of health (can you get more health bars, or is it just two? and how do you get armor?) Traveling sucks, i wish they gave you your own personal motor cycle or something. Huge map for no real reason. I dont understand the whole crafting system, its pretty dumb and annoying. Frame rate is poor.Nengo_Flow

4 days.....

And you're having trouble figuring out how to unlock weapon slots and upgrade health? What have you been doing, seriously?! Well I suppose it's an 18 rated game for a reason I guess.

sukraj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#20 sukraj
Member since 2008 • 27859 Posts

Its my favourite FPS this gen.:)

Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#21 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="Venom_Raptor"]

4 days.....

It explains it all in the beginning, not sure how you missed it unless you played through the game on mute.
Ballroompirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 Ballroompirate
Member since 2005 • 26695 Posts

Easily my top fav 3 FPS atm.

supern0va9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 supern0va9
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

Decent game. Nothing special. The landscapes are beautiful. That's the best part of it. I also hate realizing that the graphics in the trailer were running off a PC, not a PS3.

supern0va9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 supern0va9
Member since 2012 • 35 Posts

The voices of the pirates are cheezy as hell. I'm loling at that thread that was titled "Far Cry has the best voice acting ever!". Jason also sounds incredibly wimpy even after massacring hundreds of people.

flowersjf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#25 flowersjf
Member since 2008 • 2856 Posts
I just got it in the mail yesterday and I love it. Such a great game!!!
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

man id get it if it was a third person option. i don't like fps unless its online multiplayer and they say its skyrim with guns and all that.

NerdyChick20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 NerdyChick20
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Played this game at my cousin's house and now I'm hooked. Has to be one of the best games out right now.
Kravyn81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#28 Kravyn81
Member since 2005 • 9438 Posts
Between my backlog of games I haven't played, and the games I bought this recent holiday that I haven't played, and the games I plan to buy next year that's quickly approaching and that I won't play...I probably won't get around to Far Cry 3 until around this time next year.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i buy far cry 3 ps3 version yesterday for one of the best open world games
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
sory for my mistakes
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Venom_Raptor

man id get it if it was a third person option. i don't like fps unless its online multiplayer and they say its skyrim with guns and all that.

idunnodude

First-person is awesome, and I don't know who you've spoken to but it's not even close to Skyrim

OneInchMan99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 OneInchMan99
Member since 2012 • 1248 Posts

I'm 50 hrs into this now and loving it.Just experienced an awesome glitch... SPOILERS... on the mission where you have to get the list from the pirate captain on the bridge,after fighting my way along the river banks and ziplines and using rpg's on the bridge to break up the meeting I arrive on the bridge to find the pirate captain hanging upside down by his foot under the bridge.I thought that he was supposed to be like that but after running around for 10mins trying to figure out how to get to him I reloaded the checkpoint to find him on the bridge where he should have been!!