Far Cry 2-Who is getting it today?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 mazing87
Member since 2004 • 3881 Posts

The recent trend of devs putting out games far too early to patch up later is what is killing the gaming industry this gen. Games like Madden 09, Vegas 2, Warhawk, COD4 and other online enabled games, were clearly unpolished. What happen to the quality games that we were used to last gen? I used to get games, pop them in my PS2 and play them with hardly any issues. Now, I find myself buying a game (recently Confrontation), pop it in my PS3 and get frustrated because of the issues of not being able to connect to games. The servers improved but still why release games when they aren't even close to complete?

Anyway, I bring up Far Cry 2 because it's coming out today. I know nothing about this game. What is the strongest aspect of this game, online or offline? I saw the commercial for the game, and I wasn't too impressed with it. Will it be a hit like COD4? (I knew nothing about COD and gambled on it, and it paid off)

aandrew610

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 aandrew610
Member since 2007 • 749 Posts
im really hoping to get this game today!!! im so impaitent to wait till tomorrow haha,

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I'd get it today if it was available but today is the ship day and my local retailers typically don't get their stock until the day after.
CTR360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 CTR360
Member since 2007 • 9150 Posts
i got FARCRY2 friday with FABLE2 i cant wait
Erik729

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Erik729
Member since 2006 • 1474 Posts

Mine is pre-ordered so it should be coming by Friday. I can't wait, this game will be amazing. Don't base it off the commercial, that is just kind of about the story, the real genius will be in the gameplay. You can decide to take on any obstacle either sneaking, or full on like Rambo, or a mix between the two. If you played Farcry for PC, then you'll know that that game was amazing in every aspect at the time. This will be no different. You can say, "But you haven't even played it," but I don't care, Crytek makes great games, and this will be a great game.By the way...I'm in it for the single player.

However, there is an apparently very in-depth yet easy to use map maker for multiplayer where you can make basically whatever you want. There are some articles on gamespot, check them out.

mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 mazing87

Mine is pre-ordered so it should be coming by Friday. I can't wait, this game will be amazing. Don't base it off the commercial, that is just kind of about the story, the real genius will be in the gameplay. You can decide to take on any obstacle either sneaking, or full on like Rambo, or a mix between the two. If you played Farcry for PC, then you'll know that that game was amazing in every aspect at the time. This will be no different. You can say, "But you haven't even played it," but I don't care, Crytek makes great games, and this will be a great game.By the way...I'm in it for the single player.

However, there is an apparently very in-depth yet easy to use map maker for multiplayer where you can make basically whatever you want. There are some articles on gamespot, check them out.

Erik729
Isn't this being made by Ubisoft Montreal? The same devs who put out Vegas 2? I'm concerned if so.
finalstar2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 finalstar2007
Member since 2008 • 27952 Posts
anyone knows if far cry 2 got any tropies????
Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#8 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts
Getting mine tomorrow for PC.
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mazing87

I have to admit, Far Cry 2 looks impressive as hell. The multiplayer vids looks reminiscent of COD4. The map editor looks sick. The screens and vids are jaw dropping. I just don't know. Last time I played an Ubisoft game, Vegas 2 annoyed me and my close friends and family. I sold that game because I was so disappointed in it. I love tactical games too.

Should we put trust in Ubisoft again? I am most likely going to get the game. If Ubisoft fails again, that will be my last Ubisoft game ever.

Staryoshi87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 Staryoshi87
Member since 2003 • 12760 Posts

I hate Ubisoft tbh, but....

http://forums.gametrailers.com/showthread.php?t=556465

It looks hawt :)

Generic_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Generic_Dude
Member since 2006 • 11707 Posts
I have it queued up on Goozex. Wasn't interested, but it looks pretty sweet.
ShamrockRovers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ShamrockRovers
Member since 2006 • 1441 Posts

anyone knows if far cry 2 got any tropies????finalstar2007

Yes it does:D

sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
Meh damn gamestop. I preorder it and they said it'd be in today but they couldn't find it and said "oh yea its coming tommorow" F#@$king c@$##ksuckers.
anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts
I pre-ordered mine I thought it was suppose to come out today? Appearantly it doesn't come out 'til Friday here in Canada.:(
Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
if i get the game it will need some serious good reviews it always looked cool but it seems to have not had enough development time.. n i try to avoid ubisoft purchases n i duno the first far cry wasent overly special even in its day.. but FC2 does look damn nice... ill prolly get it after i beat resistance 2 and buy beat fallout 3 n a few other games im going to delay buying for more time on mgs4 mgo/ lbp and brothers in arms hells highway dam ubisoft but i refuse to miss a bia game especially on ps3 woot! the game is nuts
mazing87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 mazing87
Meh damn gamestop. I preorder it and they said it'd be in today but they couldn't find it and said "oh yea its coming tommorow" F#@$king c@$##ksuckers.sa10kun
Spinning, I got that code for ya. Give me your email address and I'll send it.
Cheshyre9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Cheshyre9
Member since 2007 • 221 Posts

To me, Far Cry 2's looking better and better by the second.

Yes, it does have trophies, and although MP will be fun, I think the single player sounds a bit stronger, as it's supposed to take around 80 hours to complete, unlike your usual 12-15 hour FPS. I saw a video (I think it was here on gamespot) with an interview of the creator, and he said it took him 80 hours to complete it (not including all of the side missions and weapon unlocks), and it took a director who was working with him 75 hours, and if you're trying to unlock everything and complete all of the side missions, it'll take around 100 hours. That said, I'd say single player's gonna kick arse. :)

jrock258

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 jrock258
Member since 2005 • 49 Posts
sorry if this a stupid question but did they take predator out of far cry