FALLOUT3 is ridiculously SHOOOORT!! Don't buy it! DO NOT!

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !
haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
Don't get mad because YOU rushed through the game... and don't believe this BS guys. I've been playing for 30+ hours already and I'm just now about to continue with the main quest. There's a really deep sidequest system in this game... my only complaint is that I'm nearly lvl 16 and I'm not even half way through the game yet... and the level caps at lvl 20.
milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 milan22
Don't get mad because YOU rushed through the game... and don't believe this BS guys. I've been playing for 30+ hours already and I'm just now about to continue with the main quest. There's a really deep sidequest system in this game... my only complaint is that I'm nearly lvl 16 and I'm not even half way through the game yet... and the level caps at lvl 20. haze_blaze
so d u really hv to not play the 1 and only main quest to enjoy the game??! it's really cheap! oblivion wasn't like that!! it had a lot of main quests that r also LONG!!!
Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts

[QUOTE="haze_blaze"]Don't get mad because YOU rushed through the game... and don't believe this BS guys. I've been playing for 30+ hours already and I'm just now about to continue with the main quest. There's a really deep sidequest system in this game... my only complaint is that I'm nearly lvl 16 and I'm not even half way through the game yet... and the level caps at lvl 20. milan22
so d u really hv to not play the 1 and only main quest to enjoy the game??! it's really cheap! oblivion wasn't like that!! it had a lot of main quests that r also LONG!!!

Correction, Oblivion had a bunch of crappy repetitive quests, and even though Fallout is pretty much Oblivion with guns, the mains story quests are shorter, and not as boring as having to destroying 9 Oblivion gates one after the other to progress.

Phearz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Phearz
Member since 2004 • 97 Posts
Perhaps you missed the point of open-ended gameplay. This game (much like Oblivion) isn't really designed for the "trophy gamer", by which I mean the person who says "Wow how quick can I beat this?" It's designed for somebody who enjoys taking their time and enjoying an expansive world. The replay factor in this game has a lot to do with the amount of stuff you can do apart from the main story. The main story is just a treat added on with it. The level 20 cap also encourages replayability. When one character reaches the cap, you can't have explored all the perks and skills fully so you delve into a whole new character with a different angle. I must say though, bought it for PS3 and returned it (thanks very generous EBgames employee!) and instead opted for the PC version.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
Sucks to be you man, im having a blast with the game. I taking my time and running around exploring, doing side quests and such.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Oblivion's main quest was short as hell but encouraged you to roam around the countryside doing other quests. The same deal applies to Fallout 3. You aren't supposed to do only the main quest missions.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts
Im gunna go ahead and guess you fast traveled everywhere also. Fast travel=short game and no exploration=boring.
Avatar image for ColdfireTrilogy
ColdfireTrilogy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 ColdfireTrilogy
Member since 2005 • 4911 Posts
Guess we learned that some 1337 gamers are too good for the games lolololol ... im loving the game but im also taking it casually and exploring around ... lol anyway back to other threads.
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 lusitanogamer
Member since 2006 • 9338 Posts
You're one of those guys that didn't know the game ends with the end of the main quest. I'm taking my time and doing side quests first. When i'm done with those, i will work on finishing the main one.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
[QUOTE="haze_blaze"]Don't get mad because YOU rushed through the game... and don't believe this BS guys. I've been playing for 30+ hours already and I'm just now about to continue with the main quest. There's a really deep sidequest system in this game... my only complaint is that I'm nearly lvl 16 and I'm not even half way through the game yet... and the level caps at lvl 20. milan22

Oblivion had 1 main quest and you could rush through the game in a matter of 5-6 hours tops, ending at level 2.
Cexr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Cexr
Member since 2006 • 215 Posts
Question is: once you finished the main quest in Fallout 3, can you keep playing??? Like in Oblivion i kept playing for months after finishing the main quest.
Avatar image for deactivated-5dd711115e664
deactivated-5dd711115e664

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5dd711115e664
Member since 2005 • 8956 Posts

There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !milan22

Clearly you've never played a Bethesda RPG before. You don't rush through the main quest. You explore and experience the world. You only finish the main quest when you are ready to finish the game. that's how Oblivion was. that's how Marrowind was.

Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts
You could beat Oblivion very quickly...that doesn't mean there isn't another 100 hours worth of stuff to do after the main quest...looks like your fault for rushing through.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts

If you just rush straight through the main quest you'll miss out on a lot of things that make the game so compelling. Interacting with the colourful characters, completing a glut of lengthy side quests, getting to know the world, exploring the wastes for loot, other various other treasures and missable content etc.

Theres so much content in the game that just rushing through the main quest would be a real waste.

lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lusitanogamer
Question is: once you finished the main quest in Fallout 3, can you keep playing??? Like in Oblivion i kept playing for months after finishing the main quest.Cexr
No, once you finish the main quest the game ends and you can't continue playing from that point on. Better make a save before doing the last mission.
shadowkiller11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#18 shadowkiller11
Member since 2008 • 7956 Posts
what are you talking about you rushed it, its like oblivion that main quest is quite short but its the customization and side quests and exploring and so on thats makes it great.
ck02623

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ck02623
Member since 2003 • 1534 Posts
So you did NO SIDE QUESTS WHATSOEVER and you're complaining that the game is short. Very good.
Mau-Justice

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mau-Justice
Member since 2008 • 4907 Posts

[QUOTE="Cexr"]Question is: once you finished the main quest in Fallout 3, can you keep playing??? Like in Oblivion i kept playing for months after finishing the main quest.lusitanogamer
No, once you finish the main quest the game ends and you can't continue playing from that point on. Better make a save before doing the last mission.

Are you serious? That's pretty stupid for a sandbox...

cifru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 cifru
Member since 2005 • 2211 Posts
haha, wat. :|
lusitanogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 lusitanogamer

[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"][QUOTE="Cexr"]Question is: once you finished the main quest in Fallout 3, can you keep playing??? Like in Oblivion i kept playing for months after finishing the main quest.Mau-Justice

It's true. Check out the GS review at around 2 minutes and 40 seconds.
snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#23 snakehips57
Member since 2006 • 566 Posts

There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !milan22

You are either a troll or a really really stupid person. Granted they are both practically the same thing, but I hope for your sake it isn't the latter.

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 snakehips57

[QUOTE="lusitanogamer"][QUOTE="Cexr"]Question is: once you finished the main quest in Fallout 3, can you keep playing??? Like in Oblivion i kept playing for months after finishing the main quest.Mau-Justice

It isn't really a sandbox game though is it.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts

Are you freakin serious???! Who buys an open world rpg to only play the main quest?! Fallout's world is much more immersive than Oblivion's was in terms of the way the sidequests add to the story. Oblivion only had 1 main quest as well... and a lot of similar dungeons & sidequests. I love Oblivion. The item creation and faction system are still better than Fallout's imo. But Fallouts quests & combat are far better than Oblivion's.

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

:P

email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts

[QUOTE="milan22"][QUOTE="haze_blaze"]Don't get mad because YOU rushed through the game... and don't believe this BS guys. I've been playing for 30+ hours already and I'm just now about to continue with the main quest. There's a really deep sidequest system in this game... my only complaint is that I'm nearly lvl 16 and I'm not even half way through the game yet... and the level caps at lvl 20. haze_blaze

Are you freakin serious???! Who buys an open world rpg to only play the main quest?! Fallout's world is much more immersive than Oblivion's was in terms of the way the sidequests add to the story. Oblivion only had 1 main quest as well... and a lot of similar dungeons & sidequests. I love Oblivion. The item creation and faction system are still better than Fallout's imo. But Fallouts quests & combat are far better than Oblivion's.

I agree. I mean, I bought this game for $60 and I wanna do, and get everything possible in this game. I'm not gonna sit and play the main quest and beat it in a month. Aghhhh!

Pinman_DS9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Pinman_DS9
Member since 2005 • 468 Posts

I did think that was an odd design decision, but I've only just started the game so I don't know the method to their madness. Perhaps they designed it with their concept of what the average sandbox RPG-player does. In Elder Scrolls III and IV I started the main quest to get a feel for the game, and then went off and did side-quests for 30+ hours before returning.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#29 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
So you did NO SIDE QUESTS WHATSOEVER and you're complaining that the game is short. Very good.ck02623
:lol: i guess fallout 3 isn't like a JRPG where to continue the main story quest you usually have to beat a variety of subquests
nethernova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 nethernova
Member since 2008 • 5721 Posts

so d u really hv to not play the 1 and only main quest to enjoy the game??! it's really cheap! oblivion wasn't like that!! it had a lot of main quests that r also LONG!!!milan22

Wow, you're so wrong. Google for Oblivion speedrun. You can finish Oblivion in 11 minutes.

babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

Rush FTL!

If you don't like it, you can send it to me.

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 milan22
Question is: once you finished the main quest in Fallout 3, can you keep playing??? Like in Oblivion i kept playing for months after finishing the main quest.Cexr
no u cannot play after the main quest! u can load ur game which is bad! cuz my last saved game was during the main quest!!!!!!
hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts

Sucks to be you man, im having a blast with the game. I taking my time and running around exploring, doing side quests and such.nitsud_19

haha thats exactly what im doing now, i like to explore other area and continue the story line later, im having the greatest time of my life playing this game.

---Saint---

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 ---Saint---
Member since 2008 • 125 Posts

Dude. Oblivion kinda was like that. The main quest was pretty short. But that's not the point. You rushed!!! I hate rushers!!! lol

shabazz5th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 shabazz5th
Member since 2004 • 648 Posts
my only gripe with this game is that when you beat it, you have to revert to the last saved game to do all the sidequests...other then that, it's pretty solid.
BaraChat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#36 BaraChat
Member since 2008 • 3144 Posts

Dude you're going completely mad.

You chose to go through the game fast. I played 6 hours so far and barely scratched the surface.

It's like every other game, if you rush through it'll be ridiculously short, which is a pretty obvious result.

If you wanna enjoy the game and play through it slowly and discover some stuff, I'm pretty sure it'll be at least 30-40 hours.

And the game is incredible. at least 9 out of 10 so far for me.

rdsnuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37 rdsnuke
Member since 2007 • 155 Posts
I've had this game since Friday, I've played it for about 15 hours and I've hardly got anywhere. There is so much to do in this game that it's ridiculous.
trasherhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 trasherhead
Member since 2005 • 3058 Posts

what on earth are you babling about? A main quest is a main quest, its the quest that goes on throughout the game, this quest could maybe have transitioned into something more, but the real meat is on all the side quests, which is what Oblivion also was filled of.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I'm like 12 hours in and have yet to even touch the main quest .. having to much fun roaming around and killing everything and everyone I see ..

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 420Token420

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about .. Oblivion had ONE MAIN QUEST .. the rest were all side quests .. yes Fallout doesn't have as many but man it is a lot of fun .. get your facts straights and learn to spell ..

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

LOL - you obviously missed the point of this game if you thought you were just supposed to do the main quest. By your standards Oblivion would be rediculously short as well. ;)

Exploration is what games like this are about - not the main quest.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 420Token420

[QUOTE="milan22"]There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !DataDream

LOL - you obviously missed the point of this game if you thought you were just supposed to do the main quest. By your standards Oblivion would be rediculously short as well. ;)

:lol: Oblivions Main Quest was extremely short .. without the exploration the game would have been like five hours ..

Oh and yes, I am going to be an a-hole .. it's Ridiculous .. not Rediculous .. ;)

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 DataDream
[QUOTE="DataDream"]

[QUOTE="milan22"]There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !420Token420

:lol: Oblivions Main Quest was extremely short .. without the exploration the game would have been like five hours ..

Oh and yes, I am going to be an a-hole .. it's Ridiculous .. not Rediculous .. ;)

LMAO - yeah I do know how to spell i just type really fast and don't waste time with the whole spell checker thing. :P

Thanks though Teach. :)

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

[QUOTE="milan22"]There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !DataDream

LMAO - yeah I do know how to spell i just type really fast and don't waste time with the whole spell checker thing. :P

:lol: That's what I'm here for .. just ask anyone around here .. :)

Least you took it kindly instead of lashing back at me like some people would .. :D

snakehips57

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 snakehips57
[QUOTE="DataDream"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="DataDream"]

[QUOTE="milan22"]There's only 1 main quest!!! all u hv to do is find DAD then a couple struggles after that BOOOM Casts appear!! THIS IS STUPID!! i only reached lvl 16!!! i BTW only discovered about half of the map and LOOK WHAT I GET!! disappointed about bethesda!! CRAP i waited so loong for this game!! DO NOT WASTE UR $$ ON THIS CRAP !420Token420

:lol: That's what I'm here for .. just ask anyone around here .. :)

Least you took it kindly instead of lashing back at me like some people would .. :D

You are my new favourite person on Gamespot. At last somebody else who appreciates good spelling and grammar!

OrcsP2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 OrcsP2
Member since 2006 • 900 Posts
i think the TC had a little too much pie......
Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts
Man, when I found the oasis, I was so amazed seeing GREEN and I was genuinly intrigued. The game has a lot of secrets that reward you for exploring.
George__1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 George__1992
Member since 2008 • 354 Posts

And i was going to buy it..

guess not..

maybe when it is cheap..

DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 DataDream

guess not..

maybe when it is cheap..

George__1992

LMAO - seriously?!?! You're not going to buy it now because of this one single persons "flawed" interpretation of the experience. Wow - and I thought it was silly that people made their decisions based off of GS's reviews - but to not buy based off of a random comment made by someone who completely missed the point of the game is...

well it's perplexing. :P

Don't buy it then - when this one person says the opposite of what 1000's of other gamers know to be the truth - the game is enormous and very long.

:)

Wardemon50

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Wardemon50
Member since 2005 • 1637 Posts

guess not..

maybe when it is cheap..