Fallout 3 Freezing!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

joel_c17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 joel_c17
Member since 2005 • 3206 Posts
Hey peeps is anyone having the same problem with fallout 3 freezing their system and then having to turn it of at the switch at the back? What the hell is up with this? I dont wanna keep playing this game if it can stuff up my system :(. Will the patch fix this?
Avatar image for Ang3lofD3ath666
Ang3lofD3ath666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Ang3lofD3ath666
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
Yeah mine does it alot too.... I hope they have a patch for it soon.
signore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 signore
Member since 2007 • 2122 Posts
Hey peeps is anyone having the same problem with fallout 3 freezing their system and then having to turn it of at the switch at the back? What the hell is up with this? I dont wanna keep playing this game if it can stuff up my system :(. Will the patch fix this?joel_c17
If youre playing it with your ps3 online, then thats probably the issue. Disconnect the internet from your ps3, its an offline game anyways. I have yet to have one freeze or issue with my copy
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#4 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

mine is freezing on assassin's creed, it happened twice this week for two consecutive days...

xavier1982

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xavier1982
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

Hey peeps is anyone having the same problem with fallout 3 freezing their system and then having to turn it of at the switch at the back? What the hell is up with this? I dont wanna keep playing this game if it can stuff up my system :(. Will the patch fix this?joel_c17

um, you shoulnd't reset your playstation 3 from the back. I have the game freeze on me alot too, best way to do it is a hard reset. Just hold your finger on the power button on the front till you hear it beep. Then wait a second and it turns off. Then you can turn it right back on no problems. I have heard of people ruining their PS3's from turning it off from the back when the system was not in shutdown mode.

TheGhettoDT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#6 TheGhettoDT
Member since 2008 • 196 Posts

i have the xbox version of Fallout 3 and it freezes a few times and i get a few graphical bugs where i get a bunch of flashing lights blocking my view of everything but my HUD and weapon

Trixstar99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Trixstar99
Member since 2008 • 455 Posts
Yeah it is freezed me twice already and I got this game in Christmas
Nickfury101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nickfury101
Member since 2007 • 204 Posts
Im a good 6 or 7 hours into Fallout and ive had no such problems even with the internet connected. Perhaps it's the disk?
stangen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#9 stangen
Member since 2004 • 273 Posts

It usually happens towards the end of the game. The best solution I have read is to delete your fallout 3 game data utility. It should be the top one I believe, it wont erase your saved games and fixes the freezing problems. It is a little slow for the first 5 minutes when you start the game, but then it goes back to the way it was when u first started.

I agree, I am sick of companies like Bethesda allowing such major glitches to go on for months with no patch, same thing with Treyarch...how long does it take to fix 1 glitch geez. All these companies are sitting their counting their money, laughing at the customers and working on the next glitch filled title to sell.

Pope_Ginyu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pope_Ginyu
Member since 2008 • 33 Posts

mine is freezing on assassin's creed, it happened twice this week for two consecutive days...

taplok

My AC game did the same thing , i think it froze thrice till i finished the game .. It wasn't such a big deal , sometimes i could even open the PS3 menu :)

As fory our fallout 3 , i'm sorry , can't help you .. Don't have the game .. But this guy before me has posted some tips that seem interesting :P

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts

[QUOTE="joel_c17"]Hey peeps is anyone having the same problem with fallout 3 freezing their system and then having to turn it of at the switch at the back? What the hell is up with this? I dont wanna keep playing this game if it can stuff up my system :(. Will the patch fix this?xavier1982

um, you shoulnd't reset your playstation 3 from the back. I have the game freeze on me alot too, best way to do it is a hard reset. Just hold your finger on the power button on the front till you hear it beep. Then wait a second and it turns off. Then you can turn it right back on no problems. I have heard of people ruining their PS3's from turning it off from the back when the system was not in shutdown mode.

Some times the switch is the only way to get it to go ahead and reset. ;)

taplok
Happened to me to, until I updated it. It never froze again.
kemar7856

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 kemar7856
Member since 2004 • 11783 Posts
wait for a patch
jcavy3192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jcavy3192
I got fallout 3 and mine is doing the same thing. I am right at the end just trying to get to level 20 before I do the last quest. It seems to me to me that as you use more and more memory every time you save it seems to start freezing more and more. My friends are having any problems like that with the 360 version though so maybe it is only on the ps3. But if Bethesda dont release a patch soon I will be mad. The one guy said to disconnect form the internet. But I got a question about that. If im not connected to the internet will I still be able to get trophies?
Art_games4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 Art_games4ever

I have a warning!!!! I have the same freezing problem with fallout 3 on ps3. Unfortunately, today was the last freeze for my system, because it fried...... I am already 20lv on fallout, I was playing to discover some new terains today and it froze on me for the twentief or who knows which time. After reseting my ps3 ( reseting by holding down the power button, not swithcing the back button), the console no longer read blu-ray nor any dvd discs. As if this wasn't enouth, I also found out that my warranty had expired a month ago :( . I read online that this is a pretty common occurance. I don't want to blame bethesda because I read today that it happened to others when they were playing other games, but my system never froze on other games.... Be careful with reseting your system!!!!!! Anyone has or had the same issue???

amob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 amob
Member since 2006 • 596 Posts
i have the other version and it always freezes when i use the railway rifle. so, i just sold it and never used it agian.
jcavy3192

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jcavy3192
Thanks for the warning but don't you think it might just be a coincidence? I hope it was because if my ps3 fried I don't know what I would do lol.
mikeoxlong182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 mikeoxlong182
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts
yep it froze on me twice today and once yesterday and its not because ur connected to online (that used to be a problem when friends would go on and off line but was ficked in the patch)
Art_games4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Art_games4ever

I

Thanks for the warning but don't you think it might just be a coincidence? I hope it was because if my ps3 fried I don't know what I would do lol.jcavy3192

From what I read on other forums it's not a coincident. I wish it was because I don't trust sony anymore. Today I was at gamestop and one clerk told me that his ps3 fried recently too heh.... I blame myslef only because I didn't buy the 3 year waranty, gotta do that next time!!!

bogartp_2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 bogartp_2000
Member since 2003 • 87 Posts

I [QUOTE="jcavy3192"]Thanks for the warning but don't you think it might just be a coincidence? I hope it was because if my ps3 fried I don't know what I would do lol.Art_games4ever

From what I read on other forums it's not a coincident. I wish it was because I don't trust sony anymore. Today I was at gamestop and one clerk told me that his ps3 fried recently too heh.... I blame myslef only because I didn't buy the 3 year waranty, gotta do that next time!!!

A game will not break your PS3.
nunnyd69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nunnyd69
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
Will this work with the downloaded add ons though?. I thought the downloads booted the game from a server instead of the disk for the main game.
Eveco

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Eveco
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

the same thing happens with my copy too, whether i'm hooked up to the internet, offline, or i have the latest patch. it's problem that they are overlooking

Ronaldo27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Ronaldo27
Member since 2005 • 196 Posts

I am suffering the same problem. And to think I moved from the PC to the consoles in the mid 90s because I couldn't stand Windows freezing all the time. I will include Bethseda in my black list till I heard they can actually release a playable game. That's sad, because Fallout 3 is great and I would like to play Oblivion too, although I heard there are a lot of bugs in this one too.

73raiders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 73raiders
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
yea you will still get trophies