Etiquette While Playing COD4: Camping

• 64 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 Reisling
Member since 2007 • 268 Posts

Ok so here is what happened. I am trying to lvl up the POS G3 for the marksmanship challenge. I was doing this mostly by kinda trying to snipe folks out,

I found myself a nice little spot overlooking a street on the Strike map ( If your team starts up by A it is the house that you reach by going right while going down the hill then go round back the house and climb up the steps, then overlooking C ) and set up my claymores and was having a nice little time. Picking shots carefully trying not to draw too much attention to meh spot and all.

Everything was going just swimmingly... Then here comes lvl 14 homeslice and his pal lvl 12 homeskillet. They come in the room and just start blasting out all the windows with their AK's or wtf ever they were using. Like completely blowing any type of cover I might have had.

Needless to say I was *mad* pissed and I asked them if they could find someplace else to go cause i was trying to camp out there. Well you can guess their responses " F U man we can be here if we want etc etc etc..."

Now I realize they have just as much right to be there as I do. Even if I was there first and had obviously put a little effort into securing the spot. But MAN it pissed me off. Like, I am aiming out a window and the guy stands RIGHT next to me and aims out the same window...

My question is this. When you guys are in situations like this what do you do ? Do you ask them to leave ? Do you curse @ them ? Do you hang there with them ? Do you abandon your little camp and let them have it ? I really don't wanna be rude to other people in the game but it's just so irritating.

So yeah anyway tell me what you think.

Dawson82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Dawson82
Member since 2007 • 926 Posts
i use uav jammer so it pises me off
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#3 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
I'll ask if they can move...Most of the time I don't really care if someone camps out with me it adds some protection or an 50-50 chance of survival if someone sneaks up behind me. But in your situation I would have just left to find a better spot. BTW I have Claymores as one of my perks but I don't know how to use them can some help please.
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

STFU, camper. You make the game less enjoyable for everyone else, and get pised someone is ruining your camping time?

/yourself.

Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Reisling

Unless the enemy running through them like actually stops, the claymore rarely kills them. It really irks me. One thing I have tried with some success is setting one in a doorway where they can see it but hopefully not shoot it. Then they tend to run through it really fast.

You want to plant your second one a little farther inside and point it towards the door where the guy will be running in. Hopefully the first one will have weakened him enough for the 2nd one to take him out.

Also using them on steps / ladders works quite well

Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Reisling
I don't normally camp much, but with the POS G3 it was really the only way i was getting kills to complete the challenge. Thanks for the nice comments tho =]
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

Unless the enemy running through them like actually stops, the claymore rarely kills them. It really irks me. One thing I have tried with some success is setting one in a doorway where they can see it but hopefully not shoot it. Then they tend to run through it really fast.

You want to plant your second one a little farther inside and point it towards the door where the guy will be running in. Hopefully the first one will have weakened him enough for the 2nd one to take him out.

Reisling

No I meant lol how do I plant claymores. When I press left it's C4 for some reason...

linktheworld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 linktheworld
Member since 2006 • 679 Posts

I dont mind campers, they wont win. They may end up with stats like 11 kills and 3 deaths, but I will have 25 and 9, so I win. Everyone has their own idea of fun, mine is running around killing people with head shots, theres is pretending like it is real life and being safe. So be it, play the game how you want to, they paid $400 for the ps3 and $60 for the game, let them play it how they want.

But to answer the TC's question you cant really get mad or do much, you could ask them to leave, and if it was me I would of let you have your spot, but in that case just let the babies cry and complain and leave the lobby next game so you wont have to play with them again.

TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts

STFU, camper. You make the game less enjoyable for everyone else, and get pised someone is ruining your camping time?

/yourself.

Tlahui
Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Reisling
you need to set it as your perk 1 to have claymores. You need to be a certain lvl to unlock the perk i think it is somewhere in the 20s i could be wrong tho
TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#12 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts

The G3 ain't no POS, I atually like using it...

Usually if someone takes the same spot as me i'll just leave and find another. I know what you mean about it getting annoying though, i'll be taking up a sneaky hiding place (Along with UAV jammer + silenced G3)under the trucks on the countdown level when someone gets under with me and starts spraying bullets randomlyas if to say 'We're over here! Comekill us!'

As for the question on how to use claymores, you select it by pressing left on the d-pad. Same works for other stuff like RPGs too.

Dawson82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Dawson82
i camp,i dont wanna die,isnt that what wars about,kill or be killed,works for me
rhyumavampire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rhyumavampire
Member since 2004 • 110 Posts

Tlahui...campers don't make the game worse for me. That's like saying that airstrikes and helicopters make the game worse for everybody. It's part of the game!!! Everybody plays games differently. Some people aren't as good at the close and personal action so they choose to hang back and camp and/or snipe. Maybe you just suck and get picked off by campers all the time.

As far as the topic issue goes, you can't be overly pissed at someone for aiming out the same window. It might be annoying but they do have as much right to be there as you. Some people just don't have the common courtesy to go elsewhere when they see that someone is already there.

IllegalGamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 IllegalGamer
Member since 2005 • 1178 Posts

/yourself.

Tlahui

dont double post...

anyways, him trying to snipe people from a high location does not make him a camper. Being a little noob with an ak in a corner shooting people in the back when they run by, a camper!

@Reis, i usually use the people has a shield and as soon as they die, i move. Learn the map and find 2 or 3 spots which you can snipe from and just move. This way it'll be harder for people to find you.

Dawson82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Dawson82
i think to a certain extent,camping is quite tacticle
Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Reisling

Usually if someone takes the same spot as me i'll just leave and find another. I know what you mean about it getting annoying though, i'll be taking up a sneaky hiding place (Along with UAV jammer + silenced G3)under the trucks on the countdown level when someone gets under with me and starts spraying bullets randomlyas if to say 'We're over here! Comekill us!'

As for the question on how to use claymores, you select it by pressing left on the d-pad. Same works for other stuff like RPGs too.

TheLordHimself

I suppose it isn't that bad of a gun. Actually it is like heaven comparing to having to lvl the #$*&# M14 omg.

But yeah some time it is fun to stealth around and not just run and gun. Sure you might not get as many kills but it is fun to change it up sometimes. ( I find I usually do it when I am, erm, stoned lol )

Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Reisling
[QUOTE="Tlahui"]

/yourself.

IllegalGamer

dont double post...

anyways, him trying to snipe people from a high location does not make him a camper. Being a little noob with an ak in a corner shooting people in the back when they run by, a camper!

@Reis, i usually use the people has a shield and as soon as they die, i move. Learn the map and find 2 or 3 spots which you can snipe from and just move. This way it'll be harder for people to find you.

Good call mate. I know most of the spots but it just makes me mad that I have to move because some choaders have no respect for other players.

TheLordHimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#19 TheLordHimself
Member since 2005 • 3316 Posts
[QUOTE="TheLordHimself"]

Reisling

I suppose it isn't that bad of a gun. Actually it is like heaven comparing to having to lvl the #$*&# M14 omg.

But yeah some time it is fun to stealth around and not just run and gun. Sure you might not get as many kills but it is fun to change it up sometimes. ( I find I usually do it when I am, erm, stoned lol )

I like changing up play styles too.

50% of the time i'm a run and gunner with an LMG.

30% of the time i'm a stealthy character with silenced G3, UAV jammer and Dead silence perk.

20% of the time i'm a sniper.

I think it's better to mix and match play styles every now and again.

Reisling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Reisling
/agree
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts
im more more of the front line guy (except in bloc 24 ks 3ds ftw) i actually like to use the single shot weapons like the g3 and m14 3 well placed shots and you get the kill. the only time i do what the tc does in headquarters in ambush? I set up shop in the side buildings overlooking the middle building when the hq is there using the m14. got a 20 kill streak doing that
sonydbz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 sonydbz
Member since 2004 • 552 Posts
I was getting bored of just using assault rifles so I decided to use shotguns and RPG's. Oh man now I just love running around and shooting people up close with the RPG. Trust me..it is really quite fun and hilarious. I don't like to stay in the same spot so I am always on the move with those weapons.
CyanX73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CyanX73
Member since 2004 • 3389 Posts

Here's what happened to me:

I was on that same stage, strike I think. I found a nice nice nicceeee spot to snipe from. Had Claymores set up covering my back and my teammates were always between me and the enemy. I got to 25 kills in a row when some sergeant comes in there wanting to get in on the action. Well he's not low key at all. he's trying to snipe with a friggin AK47. No silencer mind you. So 4 grenades later I'm dead and cursing up a storm.

I realize they have the right to be there but I sorta wish guys would respect a player who's sniping. If you want a piece of the action, equip a sniper rifle and come claymores and rack up the kills.

tincho04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 tincho04
Member since 2004 • 61 Posts

I dont mind campers, they wont win. They may end up with stats like 11 kills and 3 deaths, but I will have 25 and 9, so I win. Everyone has their own idea of fun, mine is running around killing people with head shots, theres is pretending like it is real life and being safe. So be it, play the game how you want to, they paid $400 for the ps3 and $60 for the game, let them play it how they want.

But to answer the TC's question you cant really get mad or do much, you could ask them to leave, and if it was me I would of let you have your spot, but in that case just let the babies cry and complain and leave the lobby next game so you wont have to play with them again.

linktheworld
Great response dude, couldn't have said it better.
-L-U-I-S-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#25 -L-U-I-S-
Member since 2006 • 3665 Posts
I dont hate it when people take a spot I use, I hate it when they blow away my position because of not knowing how to use that spot to our advantage by using a weapon other than a sniper rifle to snipe people. When that happens I just move away covering the entrance to that building protecting the guy inside (sort of) though sometimes they piss me off and just leave them to their own :)
rahul_batta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 rahul_batta
Member since 2004 • 1363 Posts
Wait I'm confused, were they on your team?
CJL182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 CJL182
Member since 2003 • 9233 Posts
They're too stupid to understand, so I'd probably just leave right away. I love my silenced G3 btw lol.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Meh, I don't really care. I try to stay as concealed as possible, but I also don't really play with random people anyways. Not team wise anyways. But sometimes we get a few random people, but there was never a problem.

The thing that makes me laugh is how much people whine about campers. They only whine cause they get their arse whooped and they can't figure out anything to do about it. Killing campers aren't hard, and they don't ruin the game at all. Besides, Snipers camp. GET OVER IT.

Though when I do come across a spot with another sniper, I try my best not to paint a neon sign over our location. I'd much rather work with the sniper I happen to be with to hold the area.

yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts
even though i HATE campers, and i dont condone it (well maybe a little, but playing the whole game like that sux lol) but those guys you mentioned were out of line, i dont know what you couldve done except leave and find a new camping position,,...some guys are just idiots..remember rinternet communities are full of peopel who act tough, the internet adds 50 pounds of pure muscle you know lol
yungswift44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 yungswift44
Member since 2003 • 1614 Posts

Meh, I don't really care. I try to stay as concealed as possible, but I also don't really play with random people anyways. Not team wise anyways. But sometimes we get a few random people, but there was never a problem.

The thing that makes me laugh is how much people whine about campers. They only whine cause they get their arse whooped and they can't figure out anything to do about it. Killing campers aren't hard, and they don't ruin the game at all. Besides, Snipers camp. GET OVER IT.

Though when I do come across a spot with another sniper, I try my best not to paint a neon sign over our location. I'd much rather work with the sniper I happen to be with to hold the area.

Denji
i never got my a$$ whooped by a camper..i hate them though, i mean they kill me (as any other player would) but they end up dying in the worse way right after lol often more then once i think campers just make the game boring..hiding and shootin for 30 minutes in the same spot, ..id rather have an all out battle IMO ..but then again im more of a predator or hunter type of guy so yea
dholmes19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 dholmes19
Member since 2006 • 1805 Posts

Denji

i agree for the most part. Usually if i run across one of my teammates that are in a good sniping position i let them camp there and ill either watch their back or take cover somewhere where i know he is watching that way he watches mine....
and when people camp out on the other team, its not that hard to find out where they are after they kill you...watch the KILLCAM! thats why its there! then you can find out where they are and sneak up to them and blow their head off.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Denji
[QUOTE="Denji"]

dholmes19

i agree for the most part. Usually if i run across one of my teammates that are in a good sniping position i let them camp there and ill either watch their back or take cover somewhere where i know he is watching that way he watches mine....
and when people camp out on the other team, its not that hard to find out where they are after they kill you...watch the KILLCAM! thats why its there! then you can find out where they are and sneak up to them and blow their head off.

That's the joys of a complete stealth cl@ss That's what I do, UAV jammer, Dead silence and a silenced weapon. They never know you're comming.

ratmxrebel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 ratmxrebel
Member since 2006 • 37 Posts
I always get the most satisfaction from killing snipers...especially in pipeline when they're on that grassy hill. Theres ALWAYS a sniper there hahaha...I never snipe because I suck so bad, but I usually use a silencer and sometimes sit in a building for a few seconds before I run back outside. I get so annoyed (like you do) when people run up and spray thier LMGs outside. I always GTFO of the house...it never fails, a few minutes after they run in and start shooting, either A) A grenade rolls in and kills them, or B) Everyone outside starts shooting at the house. Either way they almost always die, which I feel is what they sometimes deserve:) Thats what I suggest, just get up and find a different spot, chances are you'll be the survivor in that situation...I wouldn't think of it as letting them win because they took your spot with guns blaring, they're letting the other team know where you are.
Krevnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Krevnator
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
If they kill you they have a right to be there. Thats just how the game works, get used to it and stop being such a baby. Besides camping is boring and I enjoy killing campers so I have no sympathy for you. I will only camp in a group match if it is will help my group win (ie getting into a sniper point right after my team plants a bomb on sabotage and picking off the people that try and defuse it.)
Krevnator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Krevnator
Member since 2006 • 137 Posts
[QUOTE="dholmes19"][QUOTE="Denji"]

That's the joys of a complete stealth cl@ss That's what I do, UAV jammer, Dead silence and a silenced weapon. They never know you're comming.

Denji

Nice, though I am a bit confused about UAV jammer, does it prevent UAV from just when the person has a UAV scan ordoes it also cover when you fire your weapon?

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Denji
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="dholmes19"][QUOTE="Denji"]

Krevnator

Nice, though I am a bit confused about UAV jammer, does it prevent UAV from just when the person has a UAV scan ordoes it also cover when you fire your weapon?

Well you're completely hidden from the UAV when they bring it online, but I'm not sure about the weapon part. That's why I pack silencers just incase.

Shmoe82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#37 Shmoe82
Member since 2003 • 672 Posts

It doesn't matter to me if you are using a usp 45 or a sniper rifle, camping is camping and it is the closest thing to cheating without typing in codes. Imagine being on the other team and being hit by the same guy numerous times because he won't move and hasbarrackedhimself in a cubby hole. I am happy the other people on the team ruined your spot. This isn't directedsolelyat you but I have seen too many games ruined because they just became camping festivals (Half-life, counter strike, halo 1, warhawk is on its way to being that, and GRAW 2) where anyone not camping is instantly dead. Being a sniper is a complete different story, they stay hidden just long enough to get 2 or so shot then move on to a different place; if your gun sucks that much try doing that. If youtrulymust camp, do it in anaccessibleplace such as the middle of an open field.

Please continue to play but don't camp.

PrimordialMeme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 PrimordialMeme
Member since 2007 • 1279 Posts

Your problem is that you're roastin ****** marshmellows and tellin stories.

Don't blame someone else because you're a shameless camper.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Denji

It doesn't matter to me if you are using a usp 45 or a sniper rifle, camping is camping and it is the closest thing to cheating without typing in codes. Imagine being on the other team and being hit by the same guy numerous times because he won't move and hasbarrackedhimself in a cubby hole. I am happy the other people on the team ruined your spot. This isn't directedsolelyat you but I have seen too many games ruined because they just became camping festivals (Half-life, counter strike, halo 1, warhawk is on its way to being that, and GRAW 2) where anyone not camping is instantly dead. Being a sniper is a complete different story, they stay hidden just long enough to get 2 or so shot then move on to a different place; if your gun sucks that much try doing that. If youtrulymust camp, do it in anaccessibleplace such as the middle of an open field.

Please continue to play but don't camp.

Shmoe82

Are you kidding me? Where's the tissue cause I think someone needs to wipe your tears away. It sounds to me that you just suck at games and you want someone to give you a handicap and hold your hand just so you can feel better. If you can't figure out a way around it, then stop crying and don't play. Problem solved.

Mujambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Mujambo
Member since 2007 • 1039 Posts
In all honesty, I really don't have any sympathy either since you're camping :P I snipe once in a while, but snipers can camp, unless they're team is losing and needs some help or the game mode doesn't fit snipers. In some matches when I snipe, yes, guys will blow my cover. Sometimes I stay and hope that they get shot which leads the enemy to believe they got rid of the threat - and now I'm free to snipe if I keep quiet 10 secs or so. But usually go find a new spot. The only time I ever express frustration over the mic with teammates is if people aren't helping when we play sabotage or headquarters for example. The point is not to kill people, but to plant the bomb or capture a location. If you're playing TDM, you tend to have spawn points change, right? So I never camp and never snipe because it's not worth it.
bahamut450

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#41 bahamut450
Member since 2006 • 160 Posts

I'll ask if they can move...Most of the time I don't really care if someone camps out with me it adds some protection or an 50-50 chance of survival if someone sneaks up behind me. G-Legend

There is a quote i like in COD4 kinda the same as this "teamwork is important, it gives them someone else to shoot at" but mostly use these guys like a lure I guess and on the topic of camping i don't like shotgun in the corner campers but ur gonna have them so learn to out play them

snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
camping is so freaking boring to me. i run around a lot looking for people to kill especially the campers
mattyomo99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 mattyomo99
Member since 2005 • 3915 Posts

i play with 5 of my clan mates at all times to avoide this crap

or if nobodys on i rape in free for all and cage matches

Avatar image for masterchief2512
masterchief2512

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 masterchief2512
Member since 2005 • 1044 Posts

Nope, can't say I can sympathize with you. I hate camping and I hate sniping. I just can't have any fun doing things like that and when I get mowed down by people doing it I have a hard time understanding how they could find it fun. It seems like (and I realize I'm probably wrong here and you probably find it fun for good enough reasons. This is just how it seems to me) the only reason to do it isif you're one of those obnoxious people who can't have fun unless he's winning.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

When will people understand that camping is just another strategy? My guess is that you guys (like myself) get angry because campers kill you from behind. Yes camping is lame but is a way of playing.

To TC, if you can Team kill,kill them for being such Aholes. That or stick around, that way you have more chances to survive.

shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts
smoke em out. its so funny
lazzy102

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 lazzy102
Member since 2004 • 455 Posts

/yourself.

Tlahui

every1 has the right to play as they like... if they like camping fine.... campers dont make the game less enjoyable... just kill them, i personally dont like camping... because i wont get too many kills...without camping I get alot more kills.. and few more deaths.....anyway... just see were the camper is hiding.. and sneak up behind him and knife him, thats what i do

NinjaMunkey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 NinjaMunkey01
Member since 2007 • 7485 Posts
[QUOTE="Tlahui"]

/yourself.

lazzy102

every1 has the right to play as they like... if they like camping fine.... campers dont make the game less enjoyable... just kill them, i personally dont like camping... because i wont get too many kills...without camping I get alot more kills.. and few more deaths.....anyway... just see were the camper is hiding.. and sneak up behind him and knife him, thats what i do

how is a sniper meant to do well if it does not camp? I doubt a sniper will slast long running around. Even so |I move a bit when sniping, shoot then move, otherwise you get spotted.

ratchet200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 ratchet200
Member since 2005 • 1623 Posts

When will people understand that camping is just another strategy? My guess is that you guys (like myself) get angry because campers kill you from behind. Yes camping is lame but is a way of playing.

To TC, if you can Team kill,kill them for being such Aholes. That or stick around, that way you have more chances to survive.

rogerjak

Finally someone who understands that camping is a strategy.

But you should have said it is lame only because you got killed by the camper. The camper wont think it's lame nor will his team mates.

milan22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 milan22
Member since 2007 • 840 Posts
[QUOTE="Reisling"]

G-Legend

No I meant lol how do I plant claymores. When I press left it's C4 for some reason...

choose claymores as one of ur perks..