Error 80029564 - has occured - Downloaded Game will not install

This topic is locked from further discussion.

kier1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 kier1992
Member since 2006 • 713 Posts
Ive just downloaded stranglehold (which took me 2-3hours!!!) and when i try to install it i get this error "80029564" is there any way to fix error? maybe trying to install it later on or do i have to download it again?
does anyone else been getting this error lately?
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Delete the download and do it again. Sometimes when transferring a lot of data can be corrupted and errors will occur, or the server will go spastic and you may miss a chunk of the download. This sucks when it happens but it doese, so the easiest way will be to start it over, and if it happens again then call Sony.
tehpiecemaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 tehpiecemaker
Member since 2006 • 1665 Posts
I got the same error with the darkness demo. Downloaded it again and it worked perfectly.
Jedi214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Jedi214
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts
I'm having this problem with Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IN BACKGROUND!!! That's an option I've found online so far.
njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

I'm having this problem with Ratchet and Clank Quest for Booty. DO NOT DOWNLOAD IN BACKGROUND!!! That's an option I've found online so far.Jedi214

man i would be mad if that had happened to me it took me 6 hours to download that game great game btw.

ez_moneymaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ez_moneymaker
Member since 2006 • 1211 Posts
Ive been having that message when ive been trying to dl star wars. I deleted it and tried reinstalling it but still same thing every time. I have done this twice. Also i got it when i downloaded a hockey game, but it worked the second time. It did it to another game too. Mostly it seems the older the demo is the harder it is to install. I think i screwed up the star wars demo cuz my ps3 froze when it was downloading. so i prolly corrupted it. :cry: Oh well, no need to test it cuz its prolly gonna be awesome.
sMeAgOl_VaDeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#8 sMeAgOl_VaDeR
Member since 2008 • 331 Posts
I am also having the problem in downloading the star wars demo... it downloaded 100% but when i try to install it doesn't work. i tried three times and this is my fourth time... but now i am not downloading it in the background. i am still waiting to see what will happen and i hope i get some good results... does any1 else have any other ways of fixing it other than the myth of not downloading it in the background?:?
Jedi214

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Jedi214
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts

After all the work, I've discovered that there are usually two problems. One is that if you have wireless internet, the PS3 could be too far from the modem taht recieves the internet from the tower/satellite/etc. The other solution is that the internet just ran too slowly. You pretty much just have to download it when your internet is running really fast and hope for the best.

Anton5000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Anton5000
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Ive just downloaded stranglehold (which took me 2-3hours!!!) and when i try to install it i get this error "80029564" is there any way to fix error? maybe trying to install it later on or do i have to download it again?
does anyone else been getting this error lately?kier1992
I jusd this same problem and FIXED it by enabling Priority and Vlan in my adapter properties. my connection quality was at poor.
5m3lly3ftp05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 5m3lly3ftp05
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
I also have this problem: after downloading demos @100% then installing @14% ps3 gives error 80029564. Country: Australia My system: ps3-slim 250GB and PS3-Fat (launch) 60GB Firmware 3.21 (the latest one) ISP: bigpond ADSL2+ 50GB liberty Router/Gateway: Thompson TG782T(bigpond issued) Connection: Wired or Wireless Use to work fine, problem only started 2 days ago after installing new Firmware release. But I dont think thats the culprit as I hav read numerous posts referring to this problem and it exists on many different fw releases, in many different countries, on different routers on many different ISP's. Some ppl claim it is RAM problem, but I dont think so, as that would show symptoms in games etc also Some ppl claim router isues (doesn't make sense either) Some ppl claim its wired vs wireless isssues (thats bs, as I have tried both - so hav many others) Some ppl claim its ISP's (hmmm... why then is it happening to different ppl on different ISP's then?) Some ppl claim its caused by D/L file in the background (testing this one out as we speak) - NO SUCCESS! Hav tried numerous different solutions and none have worked as yet. Have tried numerous different d/l's and get the same problem (nb. All d/l's to date have been greater than 1GB each) Hav put my ps3 in a DMZ... didnt make any difference. NOTE: After weeks of trying to fix this problem... I HAVE THE FOUND SOLUTION!!! CAUSE: It seems to be an environmental issue eg. Cross-talk interference with wires/cabling and or emf interference with modem/router. SOLUTION: Seperate all cables/wires eg DON't have them loomed together (cable tied etc) also try to keep power and data cables as far apart as possible. Move modem/router as far as practical away from any other electrical devices, ESPECIALLY sub woofers & speakers. Fixed both of mine(PS3's) now they both work as they should (already d/l and installed over 10Gig without any errors what so every.) Hope this helps some ppl. ;)
tirralirra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tirralirra
Member since 2009 • 2261 Posts
PS3 has a problem with downloading, turning off ps3, then resuming download. You have to download file in one go, otherwise it usually goes wrong when installing.
gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#13 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts
Wow, another error. How many variations of these errors does the PS3 have? My laord!
savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

I have had this happen to me & it sucks.

I have tried downloading God of War 3 three times now with no sucess. Then I download Modnation with no problem. This has happened before & I just deleted the file & the corrupted file & started again. For some reason however it will not allow me to download GW3 @ all even after I delete & start again.

Pedriux

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Pedriux
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts
I'm gonna try that. I DO HAVE ALL THE CABLES AS IF THEY WERE SPAGHETTI. I also got that problem at 14% What I've done is reset the settings. Sometimes it work sometimes it doesn't.
savagetofu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 savagetofu
Member since 2006 • 498 Posts

i have found that if I just download & do not do it in the background I am fine. I finally god GoW3 to download just couldn't do so in the background.

tekken220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 tekken220
Member since 2008 • 5105 Posts
Lock this thread, it's been bumped several times already.