Erase vita save data?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Physorac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Physorac
Member since 2011 • 373 Posts

Im selling my vita games on ebay and I saw some guy saying in his bid description that he will tell buyers how to erase save data. I thought save data was saved to the vita mem card, not the game card? So if im to sell my vita games I guess im gonna have to do this, anyone know how?

KurodaMurasaki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KurodaMurasaki
Member since 2008 • 1670 Posts
If the game saves the data onto the cart itslrf, you should be able to erase the save data by just deleting the file from the game's menu itself. If that isn't an option,as its up to the developer's discretion how they want to handle saves, then it's likely it saves the data onto the memory card instead of the game cartridge itself, so you wouldn't need to worry about it in that case. If I were you, I would just attempt both to be sure. You can usually find out where the game saves the data to (physical cart or memory card) in the game manual. And just so I can get on my soapbox, it's a really bad situation for digital games. Because obviously at that point it will only save on the memory card. And you when you delete the game to save space, you are forced to delete the saves as well. Sure you can back the saves up to a PS3 or PC, but that's just unintuitive. They should have done it like the PSP or PS3.
danish-death

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 danish-death
Member since 2004 • 5314 Posts
If the game saves the data onto the cart itslrf, you should be able to erase the save data by just deleting the file from the game's menu itself. If that isn't an option,as its up to the developer's discretion how they want to handle saves, then it's likely it saves the data onto the memory card instead of the game cartridge itself, so you wouldn't need to worry about it in that case. If I were you, I would just attempt both to be sure. You can usually find out where the game saves the data to (physical cart or memory card) in the game manual. And just so I can get on my soapbox, it's a really bad situation for digital games. Because obviously at that point it will only save on the memory card. And you when you delete the game to save space, you are forced to delete the saves as well. Sure you can back the saves up to a PS3 or PC, but that's just unintuitive. They should have done it like the PSP or PS3. KurodaMurasaki
It really is stupid, but I suspect we'll see an update on that at a later point in time, :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
If you want to delete data off a physical card, make sure its in the vita. You can remove the icon without the card in the system, but without access to the save data on the card, it obviously won't be erased.
Physorac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Physorac
If the game saves the data onto the cart itslrf, you should be able to erase the save data by just deleting the file from the game's menu itself. If that isn't an option,as its up to the developer's discretion how they want to handle saves, then it's likely it saves the data onto the memory card instead of the game cartridge itself, so you wouldn't need to worry about it in that case. If I were you, I would just attempt both to be sure. You can usually find out where the game saves the data to (physical cart or memory card) in the game manual. And just so I can get on my soapbox, it's a really bad situation for digital games. Because obviously at that point it will only save on the memory card. And you when you delete the game to save space, you are forced to delete the saves as well. Sure you can back the saves up to a PS3 or PC, but that's just unintuitive. They should have done it like the PSP or PS3. KurodaMurasaki
I did it, but it was very strange. On Dungeon Hunter I had to go on the game and delete the saves, but for Uncharted I had to format the mem card :S Thanks for the help though :)
tjoeb123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 tjoeb123
Member since 2004 • 6843 Posts
[QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]If the game saves the data onto the cart itslrf, you should be able to erase the save data by just deleting the file from the game's menu itself. If that isn't an option,as its up to the developer's discretion how they want to handle saves, then it's likely it saves the data onto the memory card instead of the game cartridge itself, so you wouldn't need to worry about it in that case. If I were you, I would just attempt both to be sure. You can usually find out where the game saves the data to (physical cart or memory card) in the game manual. And just so I can get on my soapbox, it's a really bad situation for digital games. Because obviously at that point it will only save on the memory card. And you when you delete the game to save space, you are forced to delete the saves as well. Sure you can back the saves up to a PS3 or PC, but that's just unintuitive. They should have done it like the PSP or PS3. Physorac
I did it, but it was very strange. On Dungeon Hunter I had to go on the game and delete the saves, but for Uncharted I had to format the mem card :S Thanks for the help though :)

Wait, huh? Delete saves in-game? Format memory card? Why'd you have to do that? Also, FYI, you really do have to uninstall the game if you're selling the game cards. Otherwise, the game will only be linked to your PSN account (I.E. only YOU can obtain Trophies) unless the other person uninstalls first before starting the game. I bought Dynasty Warriors NEXT used, and that's the notice I got when I first tried to launch the game.
Physorac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Physorac
[QUOTE="Physorac"][QUOTE="KurodaMurasaki"]If the game saves the data onto the cart itslrf, you should be able to erase the save data by just deleting the file from the game's menu itself. If that isn't an option,as its up to the developer's discretion how they want to handle saves, then it's likely it saves the data onto the memory card instead of the game cartridge itself, so you wouldn't need to worry about it in that case. If I were you, I would just attempt both to be sure. You can usually find out where the game saves the data to (physical cart or memory card) in the game manual. And just so I can get on my soapbox, it's a really bad situation for digital games. Because obviously at that point it will only save on the memory card. And you when you delete the game to save space, you are forced to delete the saves as well. Sure you can back the saves up to a PS3 or PC, but that's just unintuitive. They should have done it like the PSP or PS3. tjoeb123

Wait, huh? Delete saves in-game? Format memory card? Why'd you have to do that? Also, FYI, you really do have to uninstall the game if you're selling the game cards. Otherwise, the game will only be linked to your PSN account (I.E. only YOU can obtain Trophies) unless the other person uninstalls first before starting the game. I bought Dynasty Warriors NEXT used, and that's the notice I got when I first tried to launch the game.

I restored everything to factory defaults anyway
philipi96

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 philipi96
Member since 2011 • 129 Posts

all you have to do is delete the game bubble thats in the live area and there u go