Dungeon Crawlers for psp.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sly_Boogy07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 0

#1 Sly_Boogy07
Member since 2009 • 63 Posts

Hey guys i just want to know if there are any cool old school style dungeon crawlers on psp. something like class of heroes ,or the dark spire on the DS. I'd get class of heroes but i really don't want to spend $40 bucks right now. persona is another one but again its $40.

Yandere

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Yandere
Member since 2009 • 9878 Posts

Most (true) Dungeon Crawlers for the PSP are Japanese only, unless you want some Diablo crap your going to have to import. If you really want good Dungeon Crawlers the PC is the best place.

ston3henge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 ston3henge
Member since 2007 • 2732 Posts

Hey guys i just want to know if there are any cool old school style dungeon crawlers on psp. something like class of heroes ,or the dark spire on the DS. I'd get class of heroes but i really don't want to spend $40 bucks right now. persona is another one but again its $40.

Sly_Boogy07

Try "Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade". It's like "Bauldur's Gate"... 3/4 over-head view, you make a character from one of four classes and you crawl. The story is forgettable and there's no voice acting, but the gameplay is solidly what you're looking for with plenty of customization like making your own magic weapons and armor by combining jewels with said pieces of equipment. Not a classic, but exactly what you're asking for and it can be picked up really cheap at re-sale (I got mine for $5!!!)

millerjs1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 millerjs1986
Member since 2009 • 993 Posts
Dungeon Siege rocks. It's actually a really good DC
jedinat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 jedinat
Member since 2003 • 3560 Posts
I guess Vagrant Story (PS1) is out now in the European playstation store. If you can get a hold of that, that's definitely a dungeon crawler. (and a highly rated one too)
Chaay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Chaay
Member since 2007 • 320 Posts

If you're looking for a Diablo style dungeon crawler, there are a few, and they should be cheap by now. The three action-oriented ones that come to mind are Untold Legends: Brotherhood of the Blade and its sequel, and Dungeon Siege: Eye of the Beholder. There's also X-men Legends II and both Marvel: UA games. However I really don't recommend any of the games I listed because they are either sub par ports of console versions or just aren't well done. X-men Legends II was pretty good, but outdated by today's standards.

There's also Dungeon Maker and its sequel, which have you build up a dungeon and then kill the monsters in them in order to acquire more parts to expand your dungeon, or something like that. There's supposed to be depth and strategy as the way you build determines how many monsters will come to live in your dungeon, but I've never played either so I cannot comment. Poor to average reviews scores from what I have seen, though.