Dragon Age (PS3 Version) has low frame per second?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 NicolasBai
Member since 2009 • 153 Posts

I heard that PS3 version of Dragon Age is not good in presentation. You can often notice low FPS or lag when complex scene appears. Sometimes it can really bother you and frustrates your gaming experience. Is that true??

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts

You'll notice it as you play, but it doesn't make the game anywhere near unplayable. I'm about 7 hours in, and the inconsistent framerate hasn't been an issue for me.

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
The frame rate slows at times but overall it's not a big issue.
NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NicolasBai

You'll notice it as you play, but it doesn't make the game anywhere near unplayable. I'm about 7 hours in, and the inconsistent framerate hasn't been an issue for me.

rragnaar
Does it (inconsistent framerate) happen from time to time? My PC sucks and I don't want same feeling if I play PS3 version in the future.
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts

You can often notice low FPS or lag when complex scene appears. P>NicolasBai

Lag, in a singleplayer campaign? Wow.

rragnaar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 rragnaar
Member since 2005 • 27023 Posts
[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

NicolasBai
Does it (inconsistent framerate) happen from time to time? My PC sucks and I don't want same feeling if I play PS3 version in the future.

The framerate dips from time to time, but for the most part, the game runs smoothly. I don't think you'll regret playing the PS3 version based on my experiences with it.
Agent_Kaliaver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#7 Agent_Kaliaver
Member since 2004 • 4722 Posts

[QUOTE="NicolasBai"]

You can often notice low FPS or lag when complex scene appears. P>blabbyboy

Considering how you can experience the same effect with both low fps and lag it is fully understandable to say that. And yeah.... it is said quite often. And lagging doesn't have to mean anything with an internet connection. If you are running slower than anyone else... you are lagging so it do work for singleplayer.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#8 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts

Hopefully Bioware can patch that up.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#9 raven_squad
Member since 2007 • 78438 Posts
It's certainly noticeable, and for a game with such poor visuals overall, and no other real reason I can imagine for it to run this way (the levels aren't overly massive or detailed or anything), it's pretty damn sad. Fortunately the games deeply moving story and well designed gameplay are a saving grace. Definitely check the game out, because the framerate dips aren't enough to warrant skipping it if your an RPG fan.
SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

If you guys read some reviews you would see that the Xbox version looks like crap, but runs fine, the PS3 version looks great but has framerate issues and if you have a STELLAR PC, you should be able to run the game with good graphics and constant framerate! The question is, do you have a machine that can run it? Most people on the Dragon age board are having issues running the game.

The framerate takes nothing away from the experience BTW! So if you cant run it on PC, buy it on Xbox or PS3. Done deal.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 raven_squad

If you guys read some reviews you would see that the Xbox version looks like crap, but runs fine, the PS3 version looks great but has framerate issues and if you have a STELLAR PC, you should be able to run the game with good graphics and constant framerate! The question is, do you have a machine that can run it? Most people on the Dragon age board are having issues running the game.

The framerate takes nothing away from the experience BTW! So if you cant run it on PC, buy it on Xbox or PS3. Done deal.

SRTtoZ
Looks great? I shudder to think of what the 360 version most look like then. Because Dragon Age is far from a great looking game.
NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 NicolasBai
[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

I've a Pentium 4 with 2 gigabyte ram and x1950 gfx card PC and a PS3. Which copy should I pick up?
blabbyboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 blabbyboy
Member since 2008 • 2614 Posts
[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"][QUOTE="blabbyboy"]

[QUOTE="NicolasBai"]

You can often notice low FPS or lag when complex scene appears. P>

Considering how you can experience the same effect with both low fps and lag it is fully understandable to say that. And yeah.... it is said quite often. And lagging doesn't have to mean anything with an internet connection. If you are running slower than anyone else... you are lagging so it do work for singleplayer.

Yeah i know, its just the only time i lag on games is when im playing online.
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

Ive played for 20 hours or so and you can notice it here and there but its an amazing game and I for one can look over those small problems.

KillerJuan77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 KillerJuan77
Member since 2007 • 3823 Posts

[QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

NicolasBai

I've a Pentium 4 with 2 gigabyte ram and x1950 gfx card PC and a PS3. Which copy should I pick up?

PS3 version, you may be able to play the PC on a very low res with everything on low with 3-10FPS, and it's unplayable at that point, but you could always build a new PC.

punchultimate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 punchultimate
Member since 2009 • 138 Posts

the gamespot review said that the PC version played and looked the best, but that the ps3 was second. They said the textures were better than 360, but that there were a few glitches and frame rate drops. It doesn't make it unplayable.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 raven_squad
[QUOTE="NicolasBai"][QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

Not to be rude, but you can forget about the PC version. PS3 is your only option unless you feel like buying a new computer, or heavily upgrading your current one. But the problems with the PS3 version certainly wouldn't warrant even a minor upgrade.
Lantern-Cusp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#18 Lantern-Cusp
Member since 2009 • 739 Posts

I heard that PS3 version of Dragon Age is not good in presentation. You can often notice low FPS or lag when complex scene appears. Sometimes it can really bother you and frustrates your gaming experience. Is that true??

NicolasBai

its actually been proven the better console version all round.

cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts

rragnaar
Have you (or anyone else for that matter) tried out the 360 version yet? I'm getting a PS3 soon but currently own a 360. If anyone has tried out the 360 and PS3 versions, could you see a big difference between the graphics and performances? The GT video is too small to make a judgement. All the fanboyism is clogging up honest discussions between the two consoles and I can't get a good idea of whether it'd be worth the small graphical difference (if it is small) to avoid performance problems, or if the performance problems are minor (only once in a while having an FPS drop). What's your estimate the frames per second drop to during these hiccups and how often? 25 fps, 20? down to 10 fps? Any info you all can provide would be greatly appreciated! :)
Rusteater

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#20 Rusteater
Member since 2004 • 4080 Posts

[QUOTE="NicolasBai"]

Lantern-Cusp

its actually been proven the better console version all round.

Did you read the reviews????!???!!!?

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#21 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
[QUOTE="blabbyboy"]

[QUOTE="NicolasBai"]

You can often notice low FPS or lag when complex scene appears. P>Agent_Kaliaver

no, lag has nothing to do with any thing you exp in offline single play. lag has every thing to do with online. it is caused normaly by slow or poor net connection speed and iirc packet loss. offline stutters are caused by low frame rates ect.
keabrown79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 keabrown79
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

[QUOTE="rragnaar"]

cametall

Have you (or anyone else for that matter) tried out the 360 version yet? I'm getting a PS3 soon but currently own a 360. If anyone has tried out the 360 and PS3 versions, could you see a big difference between the graphics and performances? The GT video is too small to make a judgement. All the fanboyism is clogging up honest discussions between the two consoles and I can't get a good idea of whether it'd be worth the small graphical difference (if it is small) to avoid performance problems, or if the performance problems are minor (only once in a while having an FPS drop). What's your estimate the frames per second drop to during these hiccups and how often? 25 fps, 20? down to 10 fps? Any info you all can provide would be greatly appreciated! :)

The graphical difference is less then the fps difference between the two

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Wild_Card

NicolasBai
the frame rate dips on the ps3 must not have been that bad considering the game still scored higher than the other console version.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="cametall"][QUOTE="rragnaar"]

keabrown79

The graphical difference is less then the fps difference between the two

then why did the ps3 score higher ? ;)
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 raven_squad

[QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"][QUOTE="blabbyboy"] Lag, in a singleplayer campaign? Wow.

Wild_Card

no, lag has nothing to do with any thing you exp in offline single play. lag has every thing to do with online. it is caused normaly by slow or poor net connection speed and iirc packet loss. offline stutters are caused by low frame rates ect.

And pray tell, what is the significant difference between the effects of the two? Slowdown is really the only thing the player experiences in either of them. The technical nature certainly isn't the same, but the aftermath is. I often find myself referring to FPS dips as lag, just because it's simpler, and the difference is inconsequential.

NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 NicolasBai
[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

[QUOTE="NicolasBai"][QUOTE="SRTtoZ"]

PS3 version, you may be able to play the PC on a very low res with everything on low with 3-10FPS, and it's unplayable at that point, but you could always build a new PC.

I've already played PC version. Not that bad(15~20FPS). But I'm expecting PS3 version could be much smoother than the PC version on my PC...
feryl06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 feryl06
Member since 2006 • 4955 Posts

To be honest, I own the PS3 version and I've watched my friends play it on their 360, and I really didn't notice enough to say that one was much superior than the other. They both had minute issues, but nothing that would deter anyone from getting it on any console version.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
The game is awesome .. and HUGE. The framerate was something I noticed right away. But considering the type of game I'm playing and the quality that has gone into every other aspect, I'm not at all dissapointed. I think Bioware did an excellent job and those that whine about the framerate will just end up whining about anything anyways.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 raven_squad
[QUOTE="KillerJuan77"]

[QUOTE="NicolasBai"] I've a Pentium 4 with 2 gigabyte ram and x1950 gfx card PC and a PS3. Which copy should I pick up?NicolasBai

I've already played PC version. Not that bad(15~20FPS). But I'm expecting PS3 version could be much smoother than the PC version on my PC...

Doesn't seem even remotely possible to me that you pulled in 15-20 FPS on anything above 800x600 with all low settings...
Panosola

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Panosola
Member since 2006 • 2150 Posts
I have play the game on the PS3/360 and the framerate on the PS3 is problematic and annoying.The XBOX 360 it haven't that problem.Better get the 360 version.
Avatar image for sinistergoggles
sinistergoggles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#31 sinistergoggles
Member since 2005 • 9919 Posts

I'm about 6 hours into the game and I have noticed some frame rate problems.

It can be a bit annoying at times, but it shouldn't stop anyone from purchasing the PS3 version of the game.

NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 NicolasBai
It looks like framerate problem is mostly depending on people's own feeling~Considering to buy PS3 version.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

There are definitely framerate inconsistencies, but it is nowhere near bad enough for me to complain about.

rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#34 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts
it can be a bit jumpy from time to time on PS3, but it doesn't really matter. If you let something as minor as a few drops in framerate here and there deter you from experiencing and enjoying a great game such as this then that's your own foolish mistake. However, one issue I've come across that's a little inexcusable is from time to time when a character is talking... they aren't. Basically, their mouths move, the camera gets all dramatic, their emotions change on their faces... and no voice. I feel this a bit more of an issue than a tiny amount of stuttering because you could be potentially missing out on important plot information because the character suddenly decided to become mute. One thing that's strange about the voice drop outs is that it's not always in the same spot with the same characters. At one point I had a dropout from character A, went on a bit, got murdered and had to reload. Then when they got to the same point in the dialogue, they had no problems speaking freely. Probably just some kind of programming bug, nothing a patch can't fix (but annoying nonetheless). TL;DR some sound issues detract from the story and may cripple playability/enjoyment a bit, but the FPS issue is quite the contrary... a non-issue. OH GOD IT SLOWED DOWN A BIT AND I HAD TO WATCH MY DUDE SKIP HIS STEP AND JUST APPEAR A FOOT AHEAD OF WHERE HE WAS! ALTHOUGH THIS TAKES NOTHING AWAY FROM THE STORY OR REAL GAMEPLAY... SCREW THIS GAME! I'LL JUST GO OUT AND SPEND BUTTLOADS ON AN OVER THE TOP PC GAMING RIG TO GET STEADY 60FPS! IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT LULZ
NicolasBai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 NicolasBai
I just watched PC/PS3/360 comparison video from Game Trailers. PS3 version definitely has lower framerates than 360 version ( not to mention )and I didn't notice any sharper textures than 360 version (which Gamespot says so) in this video. This makes me disappointed when I only have PS3 and a suck PC. Whether or not can this framerates issue disturb my game experience?
KapG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 KapG
Member since 2007 • 1037 Posts

it can be a bit jumpy from time to time on PS3, but it doesn't really matter. If you let something as minor as a few drops in framerate here and there deter you from experiencing and enjoying a great game such as this then that's your own foolish mistake. However, one issue I've come across that's a little inexcusable is from time to time when a character is talking... they aren't. Basically, their mouths move, the camera gets all dramatic, their emotions change on their faces... and no voice. I feel this a bit more of an issue than a tiny amount of stuttering because you could be potentially missing out on important plot information because the character suddenly decided to become mute. One thing that's strange about the voice drop outs is that it's not always in the same spot with the same characters. At one point I had a dropout from character A, went on a bit, got murdered and had to reload. Then when they got to the same point in the dialogue, they had no problems speaking freely. Probably just some kind of programming bug, nothing a patch can't fix (but annoying nonetheless). TL;DR some sound issues detract from the story and may cripple playability/enjoyment a bit, but the FPS issue is quite the contrary... a non-issue. OH GOD IT SLOWED DOWN A BIT AND I HAD TO WATCH MY DUDE SKIP HIS STEP AND JUST APPEAR A FOOT AHEAD OF WHERE HE WAS! ALTHOUGH THIS TAKES NOTHING AWAY FROM THE STORY OR REAL GAMEPLAY... SCREW THIS GAME! I'LL JUST GO OUT AND SPEND BUTTLOADS ON AN OVER THE TOP PC GAMING RIG TO GET STEADY 60FPS! IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT LULZrikguenther

Ive experienced that talking glitch you speak of too. The way I fixed it so that I wouldnt miss any dialogue was just to put subtitles on when talking with another character.

rikguenther

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#37 rikguenther
Member since 2007 • 329 Posts

[QUOTE="rikguenther"]it can be a bit jumpy from time to time on PS3, but it doesn't really matter. If you let something as minor as a few drops in framerate here and there deter you from experiencing and enjoying a great game such as this then that's your own foolish mistake. However, one issue I've come across that's a little inexcusable is from time to time when a character is talking... they aren't. Basically, their mouths move, the camera gets all dramatic, their emotions change on their faces... and no voice. I feel this a bit more of an issue than a tiny amount of stuttering because you could be potentially missing out on important plot information because the character suddenly decided to become mute. One thing that's strange about the voice drop outs is that it's not always in the same spot with the same characters. At one point I had a dropout from character A, went on a bit, got murdered and had to reload. Then when they got to the same point in the dialogue, they had no problems speaking freely. Probably just some kind of programming bug, nothing a patch can't fix (but annoying nonetheless). TL;DR some sound issues detract from the story and may cripple playability/enjoyment a bit, but the FPS issue is quite the contrary... a non-issue. OH GOD IT SLOWED DOWN A BIT AND I HAD TO WATCH MY DUDE SKIP HIS STEP AND JUST APPEAR A FOOT AHEAD OF WHERE HE WAS! ALTHOUGH THIS TAKES NOTHING AWAY FROM THE STORY OR REAL GAMEPLAY... SCREW THIS GAME! I'LL JUST GO OUT AND SPEND BUTTLOADS ON AN OVER THE TOP PC GAMING RIG TO GET STEADY 60FPS! IT'S TOTALLY WORTH IT LULZKapG

Ive experienced that talking glitch you speak of too. The way I fixed it so that I wouldnt miss any dialogue was just to put subtitles on when talking with another character.

Yeah, I did that earlier today. The logical fix lol and it only took me a couple days to actually do it. Don't get me wrong, it was one of those "someone should do something" kind of moments where I saw the problem, knew i could fix/remedy/get by, and I just sat there complaining lol. Oh to be American...
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="Agent_Kaliaver"] Considering how you can experience the same effect with both low fps and lag it is fully understandable to say that. And yeah.... it is said quite often. And lagging doesn't have to mean anything with an internet connection. If you are running slower than anyone else... you are lagging so it do work for singleplayer.raven_squad

And pray tell, what is the significant difference between the effects of the two? Slowdown is really the only thing the player experiences in either of them. The technical nature certainly isn't the same, but the aftermath is. I often find myself referring to FPS dips as lag, just because it's simpler, and the difference is inconsequential.

ok i'll "prey tell" you .The end result may apear to be the same in some respects, but the resons for it are not. and saying there the same thing just because you do not know the def does not make it right. Also in reference to "lag" slow down is not the only thing the player can exp. with lag YOU exp a slow down or chopeness simular to low frame rates but often resulting in the apperance of other players warping or moveing far faster than normal and other players will see you character warp ect,Getting shot even though from your view point no one is around ect. And as i said the resones for lag and low FPS are cuased by completly def resones. But hay if you want to call something the wrong thing then be my guest.
raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 raven_squad
[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]no, lag has nothing to do with any thing you exp in offline single play. lag has every thing to do with online. it is caused normaly by slow or poor net connection speed and iirc packet loss. offline stutters are caused by low frame rates ect. Wild_Card

ok i'll "prey tell" you .The end result may apear to be the same in some respects, but the resons for it are not. and saying there the same thing just because you do not know the def does not make it right. Also in reference to "lag" slow down is not the only thing the player can exp. with lag YOU exp a slow down or chopeness simular to low frame rates but often resulting in the apperance of other players warping or moveing far faster than normal and other players will see you character warp ect,Getting shot even though from your view point no one is around ect. And as i said the resones for lag and low FPS are cuased by completly def resones. But hay if you want to call something the wrong thing then be my guest.

And as I said, of course they are caused by different reasons (guess you can't read), but honestly to nit pick someone for using the term "lag" to describe a drop in frame rate is just being a complete fool.
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Wild_Card

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"][QUOTE="raven_squad"] And pray tell, what is the significant difference between the effects of the two? Slowdown is really the only thing the player experiences in either of them. The technical nature certainly isn't the same, but the aftermath is. I often find myself referring to FPS dips as lag, just because it's simpler, and the difference is inconsequential.

raven_squad

And as I said, of course they are caused by different reasons (guess you can't read), but honestly to nit pick someone for using the term "lag" to describe a drop in frame rate is just being a complete fool.

I read just fine. Its you who seem to have a problem with your reading comprehension .Seeing as i explained that lag gives more effect than just the perception of low FPS. The fact is your just plain wrong but you are to big of a child to accept it but would rather run off at the mouth with your pathetic attempts at insult. Wich makes you by far the bigger "fool". especially seeing as you dont even know the def between lag and low FPS to begin with lol. But as i said, if you want to keep sounding ignorant and acting like a child have at it, your not hurting me one bit.

raven_squad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 raven_squad

I read just fine. Its you who seem to have a problem with your reading comprehension .Seeing as i explained that lag gives more effect than just the perception of low FPS. The fact is your just plain wrong but you are to big of a child to accept it but would rather run off at the mouth with your pathetic attempts at insult. Wich makes you by far the bigger "fool". especially seeing as you dont even know the def between lag and low FPS to begin with lol. But as i said, if you want to keep sounding ignorant and acting like a child have at it, your not hurting me one bit.

Wild_Card

May I ask where you come of saying that I don't know the difference between the two? What could give you such a notion? Simply the fact that I think it's asinine to correct someone for using the term "lag" in the stead of framerate dips? Because I stated from the very beginning I knew the difference between the two.... but that the difference between the TC using the term lag to describe frame rate dips, when you know very well what they're talking about, is inconsequential. Anyhow, I don't need to argue this any more, it's ridiculous that I'm even replying to you now. You obviously are irrational.

canoecamue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 canoecamue
Member since 2004 • 709 Posts

Offical Q&A

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Wild_Card
[QUOTE="raven_squad"]

[QUOTE="Wild_Card"]I read just fine. Its you who seem to have a problem with your reading comprehension .Seeing as i explained that lag gives more effect than just the perception of low FPS. The fact is your just plain wrong but you are to big of a child to accept it but would rather run off at the mouth with your pathetic attempts at insult. Wich makes you by far the bigger "fool". especially seeing as you dont even know the def between lag and low FPS to begin with lol. But as i said, if you want to keep sounding ignorant and acting like a child have at it, your not hurting me one bit.

May I ask where you come of saying that I don't know the difference between the two? What could give you such a notion? Simply the fact that I think it's asinine to correct someone for using the term "lag" in the stead of framerate dips? Because I stated from the very beginning I knew the difference between the two.... but that the difference between the TC using the term lag to describe frame rate dips, when you know very well what they're talking about, is inconsequential. Anyhow, I don't need to argue this any more, it's ridiculous that I'm even replying to you now. You obviously are irrational.

here let me start by quoteing your first post addressed to me "And pray tell, what is the significant difference between the effects of the two? Slowdown is really the only thing the player experiences in either of them." Right there tells me you dont know the def. because as iv said,slow down is NOT the only effect significant or other wise the play can exp with lag. i come of saying you dont know the def because going by what YOU have said you dont know the def. you claim the end result between poor FPS and lag are the same. Well as iv said its not the same. there are a number of other effects you get with lag that you do not get with simple low FPS.One issue is LAG the other is a frame rate issue. there completly def things caused by completly def things . And whats "asinine" is you tring to continue to argue the point.
jroc15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jroc15
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts

you should absolutely pick up the PC version. my roommate and i just picked up both a ps3 and x360 copy, and the ps3's framerate is disgusting. walking and looking around at the environments at the same time looks choppy horrible (on ps3, 720p), especially for a game that isnt ripe with amazing visuals in the first place. i literally am taking the ps3 version back and just playing it on xbox. also, the ps3 version cant output in 1080(i or p) for some ridiculous reason. get it on pc, because you get both a smooth framerate and much more detailed visuals than 360.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
[QUOTE="NicolasBai"]I just watched PC/PS3/360 comparison video from Game Trailers. PS3 version definitely has lower framerates than 360 version ( not to mention )and I didn't notice any sharper textures than 360 version (which Gamespot says so) in this video. This makes me disappointed when I only have PS3 and a suck PC. Whether or not can this framerates issue disturb my game experience?

In GT's comparison video, I think it's most notable during the short gameplay section when the character walks across the stone bridge. When you look at the stone textures, the 360's look a bit flatter and less detailed. Also, as far as I read, the 360 version has much longer load times. Also, I thought you were debating PS3 vs PC, what does the 360 version have to do with this?
joseangelhe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 joseangelhe
Member since 2005 • 151 Posts
Just finished today as a Warrior. Noticed some drops in frame rate, but nothing that'll make you quit playing. Absolutely amazing game.