Dragon Age Origins on PS3

This topic is locked from further discussion.

CaptainAhab13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 CaptainAhab13
Member since 2010 • 5121 Posts

Does this game run/play well on the PS3? I "game" on my Mac (WoW, various Steam games, soon some LoL). However, I don't want to download this game onto my computer for 19GB of space, good God. How does this game run on the PS3? I figure it's still an amazing game, should still be awesome. Just wanted the opinion of people that have played it on a PS3/own it for the PS3.

JohnF111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 JohnF111
Member since 2010 • 14190 Posts
http://www.lensoftruth.com/?p=16618 Sorry can't link it i'm on my mobile plus LoT aint the greatest site in the world for comparisons.
cametall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 cametall
Member since 2003 • 7692 Posts
It ran decently for me on PS3. It is an ugly ugly UGLY game though (graphic wise).
sturshel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 sturshel
Member since 2007 • 177 Posts

To be honest, due to the broken graphics - I sold my brand-new-release-day copy after just a couple of hours of game play.

To be fair, there is a large following here on gspot, so well, I guess you need to make up your mind, read / watch the reviews, and check out the forums.

I honestly could not play it and was furious that they called that pile of garbage - a finished product ready for the public.

Yes, but the story is amazing (so they say), but I did not get to experience that, I had to control myself as not to break the disk - hate being ripped off you know.

The game might as well been released on the ps2 - as it had worse graphics than all of the ps3 release titles

Bla, bla, bla rant rant rant.......................................................

Bottom line:

IT SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!! :x

PetJel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 PetJel
Member since 2009 • 3725 Posts
It's ugly and in some places there are terrible low framrates, close to stuttering really. It's one of the main reasons I got sick of it after 20 hours and have yet to pick it up again.
bussinrounds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bussinrounds
Member since 2009 • 3324 Posts
Since when were rpg fans so obsessed over graphics anyways ?
oajlu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#7 oajlu
Member since 2006 • 2652 Posts

it's ugly because you play it on ps3...

man, dragon age should be played it on pc anyway, and its system requirement is pretty low.

i_H_U_R_D_u

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#8 i_H_U_R_D_u
Member since 2011 • 60 Posts
If you don't care about the graphics, Ps3 is the way to go.
kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

xbox 360 framerate is super smooth, but has bland textures.

corigan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 corigan
Member since 2004 • 586 Posts

Stuttering framerates when there is alot of casting, particles, action going on. Really Really choppy where it was like super slo-mo cam at times. I didn't really care for the game either, put it down after about 15-20 hrs and then just eventually sold it.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

Check the review on gamespot and digital foundry they will tell you the ps3 version is the best one.

frostybanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 frostybanana
Member since 2010 • 5523 Posts
I'll put it this way, it's way better on PC than it on PS3. The graphics are technically better, but like some people are saying there are a lot of nasty looking textures and various other annoyances like choppy framerates in areas and some technical bugs. The PC version looks smoother and plays smoother. So, if you can, go with that.
Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#13 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts

kungfool69
No it isn't. It has horrible framerate and is the worst out of all the copies to own.
Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

The game runs just fine on PS3.

kungfool69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 kungfool69
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

Foulcry

No it isn't. It has horrible framerate and is the worst out of all the copies to own.

mine runs great. perhaps u've missed a patch? played 50 hours of main game, and most of the ultimate edition extras. i'f i had to complain about MY game, framerate issues wouldnt be on my mind.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
The game looks like total crap anyway, so it really shouldn't matter. Personally, I had it on the PS3 when it first came out and took it back, but later I tried it again on the PC. I still haven't finished it (just can't get into the boring story), but it looks and runs just a bit better on PC. I have an excellent gaming PC, though, so it could run like crap for you. Just go with the PS3 version to be safe, I guess.
idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

its a good game but yeah it does look pretty ugly. and the battle system sucks imo. i have it, and i beat the game, but to be honest i just played it for the story. lol i switched the difficulty to the easiest on the last level cuz i just wanted to get it over with.

Foulcry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 Foulcry
Member since 2008 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="kungfool69"]

[QUOTE="Foulcry"][QUOTE="kungfool69"]

mine runs great. perhaps u've missed a patch? played 50 hours of main game, and most of the ultimate edition extras. i'f i had to complain about MY game, framerate issues wouldnt be on my mind.

Maybe you just don't care to see how badly it runs which is fine whatever if you like it on the 360 then you like it on the 360 but I'm not the only one to think the 360 version is horrible. Not saying the PS3 is any better but it definately has a way better framerate and it definately runs smoother. PC obviously is the best choice to play it on if you care about those sort of things.
Whybanme1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Whybanme1
Member since 2010 • 118 Posts

Since when were rpg fans so obsessed over graphics anyways ?bussinrounds

Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#20 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
I thought the story was pretty bland and basically follows the Lord of The Rings. The graphics are a bit of a let down and the frame rate can be frustrating as it chugs along and even crawls at certain points. Character and class development is fun, as well as building relationships with party members. Combat can be somewhat rewarding and there is plenty of content to keep those who are already interested satisfied. In RPG terms, DA is nothing new that neither nails anything perfect nor damns itself for any major flaw.
CheekyIchi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#21 CheekyIchi
Member since 2010 • 739 Posts

I have Dragon Age Origins and it runs smoothly every time I play it.

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#22 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
PS3 version is more than playable (it was my first platinum) but it does have some issues: -Ugly. Really ugly. It's not as ugly as the 360 version but it's not far off. -Extremely inconsisetent framerate, usually low. The game almost makes Perfect Dark for the N64 look smooth. -Functional but limiting wheel input and six-item quickbar for spells/items/etc. -Long load times - upwards of a minute as you progress further in the game -Long save times. The game allows you to continue gameplay while the save completes (10-20 seconds worth) but the game runs even worse while it continues to save so it's not much of a bonus. The PC version shouldn't be 19GB - I believe my Steam install is 15GB including Awakening (still huge though). The PC version also has none of the issues the PS3 version has, assuming your hardware is adequate enough. It looks great, runs extremely well (near 60fps at 1080p, all details cranked on my two year old PC), and loads and saves very fast - saves in particular take about two seconds compared to 30+ seconds on the PS3. Yet there's still something nice about being able to play the game with a controller on your couch that made me forgive some of its flaws.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#23 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts
the biggest difference is that the camera for the console versions is a lot closer. you dont get the tactical viewpoint of the pc version and the balance is that you get a closer look at the unimpressive graphics. yeah, its a more personal viewpoint, but youre also forced to stare at health bars rather than look for the threats themselves.