Do you want FF13 to be turn or real time based? Poll Inside

• 86 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 alucardio
Member since 2004 • 298 Posts
turn FTW
metallicaband

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 metallicaband
Member since 2004 • 286 Posts
Turn based.
aznfool07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 aznfool07
Member since 2005 • 3552 Posts
Both.
Caveman626

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Caveman626
Member since 2004 • 542 Posts
Turn based durrrrrr. It's what FF is known for, it just wouldn't feel right for it to be real time.
Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
Whatever that suits the game. Both style have their cons and pros
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
Both.aznfool07
alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 alucardio
I would really like to know, since i kinda feel like i was the only one who didn't like FF12... the critics, the players, just about everyone seems to love every single detail of that game. I for one hated that board system, or the gambit system. But nothing compares to that horrible real time fights... i mean, if i wanna play a MMORPG i play WOW, not FF. Well maybe i'm just way off
l8bitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 l8bitz
Member since 2004 • 3251 Posts
turn FTWalucardio
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
I want it to be real-time. Faster game-play.
Pugtrug

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 Pugtrug
Member since 2004 • 1882 Posts
both
FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts
Turn Based, and I miss random battles, but i know it's not coming back.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts
depends. if it's like ff12s realtimecombat then turnbased BUT i'd like them to get rid of random encounters.
king23_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#13 king23_
Member since 2007 • 18169 Posts
Real time. I don't like turn based much.
Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts
turn based isnt really my thing
alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 alucardio

Real time. I don't like turn based much.king23_

Then you are not a FF fan. My point is, if people who never played FF wants an action game, i believe square enix can deliver some sort of action game with some RPG elements to it and name it whatever they wish. But FF is all about random encounters, hard boss fights, leveling up, great story, good character customization, turn based fights, and so on

Avatar image for deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 deactivated-5e7d3c08ed601
Member since 2007 • 6696 Posts

[QUOTE="king23_"]Real time. I don't like turn based much.alucardio

Then you are not a FF fan. My point is, if people who never played FF wants an action game, i believe square enix can deliver some sort of action game with some RPG elements to it and name it whatever they wish. But FF is all about random encounters, hard boss fights, leveling up, great story, good character customization, turn based fights, and so on

ive never even played FF before
hailltoyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 hailltoyou
Member since 2005 • 1493 Posts
Well FF13 looked something like MMORPG combat stile , something new in to FF universe , but FF is not about that its about the roots of its game-play. FF7 to FFX had that turn based combat and ppl liked it , with FFXII they decided to bring something new in some way that worked ( well at least for me ), but FF is not about something so different and new its about the core game-play that it had in previous games. They should only concentrate to make the leveling-up strange and different from other games and leave the combat system as it was turn based.
LoG-Sacrament

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

#18 LoG-Sacrament
Member since 2006 • 20397 Posts

definately turn based. vs. will be squares action rpg so i want ff13 to be very deep and strategic.

RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
I would really like to know, since i kinda feel like i was the only one who didn't like FF12... the critics, the players, just about everyone seems to love every single detail of that game. I for one hated that board system, or the gambit system. But nothing compares to that horrible real time fights... i mean, if i wanna play a MMORPG i play WOW, not FF. Well maybe i'm just way offalucardio

Ditto on that... I still have yet to get out of the first city :P
alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 alucardio
finally someone thinks like me :D
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts
[QUOTE="alucardio"]

[QUOTE="king23_"]Real time. I don't like turn based much.wizzardjeff

Honestly, where were all you people back in the day? I'm seriously astounded by how many people only started playing consoles this generation because it seems like no ones played the first metal gear solid or even Final Fantasy (anytihng lower then 9)
bboycookie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 bboycookie2
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
turn based and random encounters.i miss the good ole days.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
turn based and random encounters.i miss the good ole days.bboycookie2
me too. or maybe even kingdom hearts style. but the thing with real time. no real sense of scale. i want it like FF7 you now turn and timed.
slyydevil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 slyydevil
Member since 2004 • 494 Posts
[QUOTE="wizzardjeff"][QUOTE="alucardio"]

[QUOTE="king23_"]Real time. I don't like turn based much.RoganSarine

Honestly, where were all you people back in the day? I'm seriously astounded by how many people only started playing consoles this generation because it seems like no ones played the first metal gear solid or even Final Fantasy (anytihng lower then 9)

I feel you on that statment man, but these times are changing. Just the other day I heard a rap song that sounded like it was being looped and I officailly declared myself old. I grew up during the atari era so that truly dates me some. Alot of the new gamers today started on the PS2 so they will be out of touch and us OG gamers need to show them how it all began when it wasn'y always about textures and polygons. Sprites and vextor graphics for life, lol...

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

I would really like to know, since i kinda feel like i was the only one who didn't like FF12... the critics, the players, just about everyone seems to love every single detail of that game. I for one hated that board system, or the gambit system. But nothing compares to that horrible real time fights... i mean, if i wanna play a MMORPG i play WOW, not FF. Well maybe i'm just way offalucardio

I agree wholeheartedly. The fighting system was a mess cuz it felt like a hack and slash rather than a strategy based endeavor. They should stick to turn based. (Somethings should never change) The story, however, was top notch.

netforce0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 netforce0
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

if itsexactly like final fantasy 12 i garuntee you it will be the best one yet. Yeah i love the old games all the way up through X-2, havent ever played 11 but hey, but yeah seriosly i can't find a single thing wrong with 12 other than it's different.

The only reason anybody wouldn't like these games is because of CHANGE. People fear CHANGE!

tfaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 tfaa
Member since 2003 • 362 Posts
I would be so happy if they went with the same battle system that they used in 12. I loved what they did with mixing it up a bit.
alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 alucardio
Can't we sign some sort of petition or something? I just don't want SE to **** it up again with XIII. I wish they listened to their fanbase (assuming the fanbase behaves somewhat like this poll, turn based 63% against real time 37%. And there are some people who never played a FF in their life in that 37%)
urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

I want it to be real-time. Faster game-play. Thomas-Crown

HELLZ YEAH!!!! Look at Kingdom Hearts.... best RPG ever imo... honestly i'd take it over FF anyday.... turn based gets so annoying at timez.... it's doesn't have enough action for me... idk Final Fantasy might not be better if it was real-time and then again maybe it could... but i will get number 13 no matter wat... it looks awesome!!

netforce0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 netforce0
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

THats probably why they are releasing 2 games this time around. 1 might be the real-time turn base mixed adventure while the other will be the action rpg with no turn based parts at all.

alucardio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 alucardio

THats probably why they are releasing 2 games this time around. 1 might be the real-time turn base mixed adventure while the other will be the action rpg with no turn based parts at all.

netforce0

I hope your right

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
FF13 will be a hybrid of action and turn based something more than FF12 was. Whereas FFv13 will follow a more "kingdom hearts" approach to combat, the team on versus hopes to achieve something that has been seen in Advent Children.

http://finalfantasyversusxiii.net/ thats where I look for my info and follow the links they have to other FF13 sites.
Thrice_III

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Thrice_III
Member since 2004 • 1539 Posts
Nothing wrong with turn based, if they can make it cool
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts
i want them to make an option to pick whether you want real time or turnbased.
jw_burrell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jw_burrell
Member since 2005 • 374 Posts

Turn based. I wasn't a big fan of FF12's real time battle system. Not enough control over all the characters.

WongB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 WongB
Member since 2004 • 1701 Posts
I hope it is turn based, I was disgusted by FFXII's gameplay and it really was a turn off.
Neo1O1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#38 Neo1O1
Member since 2003 • 845 Posts
Turn-based is the way to go when it comes down to Final Fantasy.
Robotron92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Robotron92
Member since 2007 • 520 Posts

i hated 12 as well. they got versus to do real time
leave FF13 out of this and keep it turn based like 10 and everything b4

FusionApex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 FusionApex
Member since 2006 • 1151 Posts

[QUOTE="bboycookie2"]turn based and random encounters.i miss the good ole days.coolasj19
me too. or maybe even kingdom hearts style. but the thing with real time. no real sense of scale. i want it like FF7 you now turn and timed.

You are the man, or woman.

TheMatrix25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TheMatrix25
Member since 2007 • 171 Posts

i finished all the Final Fantasies' 1 through 10, i played 11 well theres no actually finish to it cuz its online. but when i got 12 i really lost interest going through the game, maybe the real time based battle didn't get to me that much. so yeah i like turned based battle.

anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts

if u want real time Versus 13 will have that

if u want turn based Regular FF13 will have that so u guys got a choice

MalcolmYuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 MalcolmYuy
Member since 2006 • 118 Posts

I want XIII to be...a more refined version of XII's battle system.

Personally, I thought XII was...okay. Even though the story was "adult," Ididn't care about the characters enough...which I usually find a handful in every one I've played thus far (VII-VIII-IX-X-X2-XII, Tactics)...the battle system had its pros and cons...I liked not having random encounters...and the soundtrack, though nice, I couldn't really find any song as my fav. for that game (the closest being the theme for Mt. Bur-Omisace)...

I'll probably have to replay XII again to re-assess my thoughts on it...all I hope for is that XIII and Versus XIII turn out to be great games, with really engaging characters (especially the protagonists, because I'd like to relate to the main characters), epic story,and fun gameplay that the Final Fantasy series is known for.

Avatar image for IsNotInterestes
IsNotInterestes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 IsNotInterestes
Member since 2007 • 1836 Posts
Both. I'd love to have a Vagrant Story/Parasite Eve type of battle system.
Avatar image for DarkheroLaShade
DarkheroLaShade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 DarkheroLaShade
Member since 2007 • 215 Posts
Turn all the way.
bboycookie2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 bboycookie2
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts

[QUOTE="coolasj19"][QUOTE="bboycookie2"]turn based and random encounters.i miss the good ole days.FusionApex

You are the man, or woman.

i am a man.
xDonRobx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 xDonRobx
Member since 2007 • 1586 Posts
[QUOTE="RoganSarine"][QUOTE="wizzardjeff"][QUOTE="alucardio"]

[QUOTE="king23_"]Real time. I don't like turn based much.slyydevil

I feel you on that statment man, but these times are changing. Just the other day I heard a rap song that sounded like it was being looped and I officailly declared myself old. I grew up during the atari era so that truly dates me some. Alot of the new gamers today started on the PS2 so they will be out of touch and us OG gamers need to show them how it all began when it wasn'y always about textures and polygons. Sprites and vextor graphics for life, lol...

Amen!

I'm only 17, turning 18 in a few months. But I consider myself OG :lol:

I started gaming at around 3 or 4. My dad was mid 20's so he was still into gaming, thats how I got into it.

I loved those days, now everyone goes :cry: over textures. Every game has to score a 9 for it to be consideredgood and it has to be photorealistic with absolutely no flaws. Sad they dont understand that gaming is about having fun. Their missing out on alot.

urio1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 urio1
Member since 2007 • 1576 Posts

FF13 will be a hybrid of action and turn based something more than FF12 was. Whereas FFv13 will follow a more "kingdom hearts" approach to combat, the team on versus hopes to achieve something that has been seen in Advent Children.

http://finalfantasyversusxiii.net/ thats where I look for my info and follow the links they have to other FF13 sites.
TelcharXI

yay!!! AWESOME!!!! I was already leaning more on the side of Versus anyway lol

ultima-flare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#49 ultima-flare
Member since 2003 • 2259 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing the XII battle system(not turn based, but not action either) again, but with more balance(make magic more useful and weaken the effectiveness of normal attacking).
AuthenticM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AuthenticM
Member since 2007 • 748 Posts

FFXIII: turn-based

FFVersusXIII: real-time

(which is pretty much what we are getting)