Do you thik Platinum Trophies should include getting online trophies?

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordsLoss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LordsLoss
Member since 2006 • 2584 Posts

No, discuss.

WhorrorLoLz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 WhorrorLoLz
Member since 2011 • 218 Posts
Yes. You're rewarded for getting every Trophy in the game. Online Trophies are part of that.
NaughtyRag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NaughtyRag
Member since 2009 • 2309 Posts

No, online trophies are too dependent on the life of the community and the life of the servers. Platinums should be attainable at any point in time, online trophies make it impossible for some games if you're late to the party, or even if the game just isn't very popular.

Slashkice
Agreed with this..
xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 xGho5tx
Member since 2008 • 768 Posts

No, online trophies are too dependent on the life of the community and the life of the servers. Platinums should be attainable at any point in time, online trophies make it impossible for some games if you're late to the party, or even if the game just isn't very popular.

Slashkice
I agree
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
If the online is a big part of the game then yes but it shouldnt be made too dependent on having other players help or take forever or be very hard to do. GTA IV's reach level 10 is alot of stupid grinding, BFBC2 20 demo 2.0 kills require you to get lucky enough to bring a building down on someone, KZ2 had several trophies where you had to be a certain rank.
slaves

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7 slaves
Member since 2004 • 1443 Posts

No.

Batang_X990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Batang_X990
Member since 2010 • 939 Posts
no unless the game is multipayer-only like warhawk.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
No, I think online trophies should not count toward the platinum. Online trophies count on the community too much, also after a couple years the servers are shut down and no chance of getting it then.
hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

Why complain about servers being shut down? You have about 2 years at least on any given online title to obtain online trophies...play it somewhere in that timeline.

Anyway, I would rather go for a platinum without having to worry about playing online. However, if i really want to get a plat, i wont let online play stop me.

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts

No they should not be any online trophies for games. I don't buy my games to play online, I buy them to play by myself when I have time to relax.

degenxerate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 degenxerate
Member since 2003 • 764 Posts

No absaloutly not. In my experiance with online trophies they dont take as much skill as other trophies. Some do, but a lot of them just want you to "Win blahblah 50 times" "win team blahblah 50 times" and so on where as other trophies usually want you to complete something that actually takes skill and is less of just playing the same thing online over and over.

chathuranga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 chathuranga
Member since 2003 • 3549 Posts
Oh and a lot of the times it seems like the only reason online trophies are there is because the devs are lazy and online trophies are the easiest way to get people to keep playing their game.
NylaMandisa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#14 NylaMandisa
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts

I'd like two seperate trophy lists for future games and on our psn account. One for offline/single player trophies and plats, the other for online ones. :) With things being how they are now though, I'd throw my vote in with the no crowd. I'll never get the AC:B plat because I don't really enjoy the multiplayer enough to play it which is a shame, as I've done everything in single player besides the glyphs. :(

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#15 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
No, no, no, and NO. Not only are they annoying but people spend more time playing a match trying to get the specified trophies rather than actually playing.
enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

Depends really. If the majority of the game is online based, yes.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I hate having to get online trophies for a platinum. they should be seperate

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#18 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I don't think there should be online trophies or achievements of any kind on any system. They don't make multiplayer more enjoyable - the only purpose they serve is to boost a population of trophy/achievement-whoring gamers who pop in games to beg for kills or whatever in order to earn trophies. I don't even care so much about completion percentages and servers going down (or small communities making trophies hard to get), it's just that multiplayer trophies disrupt the flow of the actual multiplayer.
Kurushio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Kurushio
Member since 2004 • 10485 Posts
Some of the online trophies basically require you to suicide yourself multiple times to do a certain achievement which is most annoying of all.
Elitro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Elitro
Member since 2009 • 578 Posts

No.

I never got a plat trophy but i don't like that especially since some servers are already going down and i do have a friend that likes to collect them but online trophies kinda put him off.

jocaju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 jocaju
Member since 2007 • 853 Posts

I hate online trophies, game like Killzone 2 is just a pain to get it, also Resistance 2 and BF Bad Company 1 with their 10000 kills. If they gonna include online trophies for the platinum, should be like Uncharted 2 and even the Call of Duty games, just a few online trophies.

The last game I was playing is Red Dead Redemption, one of the online trophies was the posse up (have 7 other players on your posse), the problem was having players accept your invitation. When devs make a trophy like that, they're just asking the players to do boosting, cause doing legit is very hard, or better yet, this trophy shouldn't be a part of the platinum.

colibriosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 colibriosis
Member since 2010 • 598 Posts
But games that you know will be popular, like the COD series, should at least have one or two, cause I hate that I've been playing the game for half a year now and there is nothing to award me for reaching 15 prestiege excerpt for the great amount of respect from my lower ranked "losers" (if you will).
xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 xGho5tx

I hate online trophies, game like Killzone 2 is just a pain to get it, also Resistance 2 and BF Bad Company 1 with their 10000 kills. If they gonna include online trophies for the platinum, should be like Uncharted 2 and even the Call of Duty games, just a few online trophies.

The last game I was playing is Red Dead Redemption, one of the online trophies was the posse up (have 7 other players on your posse), the problem was having players accept your invitation. When devs make a trophy like that, they're just asking the players to do boosting, cause doing legit is very hard, or better yet, this trophy shouldn't be a part of the platinum.

jocaju
Yeah, that posse up trophy was a pain to get. The Mortal Kombat platinum is insane, you have to put in 700+ hours to attain it.
Homicide___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#24 Homicide___
Member since 2011 • 79 Posts
[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"]No, no, no, and NO. Not only are they annoying but people spend more time playing a match trying to get the specified trophies rather than actually playing.

This!! BF:BC2 is a great example of this.
Homicide___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Homicide___
[QUOTE="jocaju"]

xGho5tx
Yeah, that posse up trophy was a pain to get. The Mortal Kombat platinum is insane, you have to put in 700+ hours to attain it.

Really 700 hours???? What do you have to do?
xGho5tx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 xGho5tx

[QUOTE="xGho5tx"][QUOTE="jocaju"]

Homicide___

Really 700 hours???? What do you have to do?

My Kung Fu Is Stronger: Gain Mastery of All Fighters

This is the most time consuming trophy in the game, and btw is the ONLY gold trophy in the game, like "My Kung Fu Is Strong" trophy you need to reach the mastery of ALL 28 fighters!. This is the total objetives that you need to complete
OVERALL MINIMUM:
2,800 wins
2,800 -alities (fatalities and/or babalities)
4,200 X-Rays moves
280,000 liters of blood
672 NET HOURS!! of play

And that is just one trophy. Winning 10 in a row is hard as well. Really time consuming trophies.

Homicide___

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Homicide___

LOL OMFG that sucks :(

drummer131

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#28 drummer131
Member since 2004 • 3210 Posts
I don't mind the inclusion of online trophies in the requirements for a Platinum trophy, so long as they aren't difficult to obtain, there aren't a ton of them, and aren't heavily dependent on others. Uncharted 2 only requires two online trophies as part of its reqs for Platinum; they just want you to try out the online. NFS Hot Pursuit goes a little further by having you play around with Photo Mode, the Autolog features, and the online multiplayer modes. However, you just need to play the MP; you don't need to be super fantastic at it personally. Games like MNR are crazy though, but that's because online is a major component of the game's gameplay. It makes sense in LBP and MNR's case, but elsewhere it can definitely be annoying. I remember when my internet connection was pretty unreliable. I dreaded online trophies. Now, I try to get them done as quickly as possible, just in case the community goes dry.
Venom_Raptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 124

#29 Venom_Raptor
Member since 2010 • 6959 Posts

Definitely not, multiplayer trophies shouldn't exist.

DrRockso87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 DrRockso87
Member since 2010 • 2647 Posts

Hell no! That's why I'm glad Uncharted 2's platinum isn't connected to online trophies (well, except for one easy to grab trophy). If only other developers developed games that way.

shaunchgo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 shaunchgo
Member since 2006 • 4605 Posts
No. I prefer to play offline and never seek out online trophies/achievements.
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

Slashkice

I feel the same way.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i say no but only for reason that some less popular games or old games with dead servers if the person needs to plat the game it wont be possible or impossible and thats not fair
jackozz15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#34 jackozz15
Member since 2010 • 264 Posts

I'd say no, since not everyone has access to online capabilities, or don't have a good enough connection to get them. I like how it was done in Uncharted 2. 2 simple trophies for playing a co-op and a tournament style match. All others are included with DLC.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#35 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

No. Developers have demonstrated time and time again that they can't do online trophies. They either make them impossible, because they require more people than were EVER playing the game online, or they make them such a horrible chore that no one in their right mind would want to do that just for a trophy. They apparently don't know that a whole lot of the online community consists of rotten little turds who can only get enjoyment by ruining the game for others, never by actually playing it themselves.

RoOodriGowW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 RoOodriGowW
Member since 2008 • 3309 Posts

To some extent , has anyone here plat'd NFS Hot Pursuit?Those online trophies were a piece of cake and just introduced you to the online modesd and the online counterpart as a whole , which I found very cool since I probably wouldn't play it online , I tendo to get very nervous in online racing games lol.

Now as for AC:B for example , I mean I had 100% in both the first and the second , now they decide to put online in their game and I won't be able to plat unless I reach the godamn MAXIMUM level?That's BS IMO.Same applies for Bioshock 2.

caseystryker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#37 caseystryker
Member since 2005 • 5421 Posts

No, becuase in the end you just have a bunch of people online just to boost for the trophies and not even bothering to play the game.

Avatar image for InstantKlassick
InstantKlassick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#38 InstantKlassick
Member since 2010 • 1161 Posts

I won't go as far as saying I hate the idea of online trophies, because the online community does deserve their own trophies and accomplishments as well as us offliners. However, I hate the idea of ONLINE in general; I will be the first to tell you that I suck at online. The Only Game I play online is RDR and that is in the free roam. I feel there is too much of a learning cuvre. I feel that getting to rank 5320 in COD for a lousy bronze trophy is ridiculous. I feel games shoulg have 52 trophies. 2 platinum; 1 online and 1 offline then 25 online and 25 offline for the heavy online based games. i.e. COD, BF, etc...

good_sk8er7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 good_sk8er7
Member since 2009 • 4327 Posts

I would have the platinum for BC2, but those last stupid trophies got me stuck. (Stab 5 frends and demolition!) I gave up on the platinum a long time ago

chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#40 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

No because games like Mortal Komba5t some can be very difficult to get 10 match wins in a row is hard plus Ranked Mode its impossible to get a match. If it is a online game like say Modern Warfare then yes but for games like Uncharted 2,Street Fighter,MK and so on then no.

Cheesehead9099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#41 Cheesehead9099
Member since 2008 • 2849 Posts

No because it's not fair to those gamers who can't play online.

commonfate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 commonfate
Member since 2010 • 13320 Posts

Eh it's kind of yes and no. I mean I'm just now thinking of going back to KZ to get the single player trophies and all but there is no way with just experts playing now and a newbie like me will I ever get in the top 1% to get those damn trophies. :(

I don't really know, I mean I think it is more or less dependent on a case-by-case scenario. Some online trophies aren't that bad, like say get to the highest rank possible, isn't that bad of a trophy in some games if you like it but for the people who just want trophies they may just force themselves to play the game for hours on end even if they don't really like the game (which is their own choice, no one forces anyone to get trophies).

In the end I think online trophies are fine as they are a bit of incentive to trophy hunters to maybe get the game at release date or before the online community goes dead and that gets the developer a bit more money. However, now DLC trophies... that's a whole 'nother matter all together :P

Chris_Williams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Chris_Williams
Member since 2009 • 14882 Posts

man i was thinking of making a topic like this, glad i'm not alone, online trophies can be additional but should not go towards getting a platinum in a game

coasterguy65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#44 coasterguy65
Member since 2005 • 7133 Posts

If it's like Uncharted 2's and you basically just have to play a few online games I don't have a problem with it. If it's some kind of dumb crap like win 600 matches then no.

Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
Yeah,only if it pertains to utilizing the games features. Like get kills with all weapons, kill 10 with each,reach max rank, unlock all..., and easy things that any average player can do. I don't think so when it's stuff like be top ten % or win five games in a row. I mean if I can't complete 50% of the online trophies in one setting then that's over overboard.
chocolate1325

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 306

#46 chocolate1325
Member since 2006 • 33007 Posts

As long as they are achieveable and not some insane thing you have to do.

MajinSquall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 MajinSquall
Member since 2011 • 261 Posts

no i dont think they should i think online trophies should be extra and not need for a platinum but still needed for 100% completion

wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I like when people make topics and dont discuss. I am not really a fan of achievements or trophies because there are stupid ones that make you jump in the first pit of the game or what ever. Back on topic though I think a platinum should include all trophies because you earn it for doing every in the game and completeing all goals.
da_nibbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 da_nibbler
Member since 2011 • 97 Posts

In general I would say NO. But there are games that are basically ONLY online multiplayer games and don't they have a right to have trophies as well (like COD)?

I think devs should just make a difference between offline platinum and online platinum trophies. So people who can't or won't play online still have a chance to platinum the game that they want without having to get the online trophies. Someone who does the off- and the online trophies will get 2 platinums, the offline and the online one. Would be an easy fix and sounds fair imo. A lot of people can't play online for whatever reason and cos of that they will never have a chance at getting the platinum for one of their fav shooters.... not fair!

Also after some time, and depending on how successful the game is, devs might turn off the servers so people will not be able to play online and get any of these trophies.

*abrupt end of thought*

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
No, there are alot of crappy, uber time consuming online trophies for games that have little to no userbase.. Multiplayer trophies shouldn't be included for any game (unless its couch co-op or can be done offline) some trophies are just ridiculous, Portal 2 is a good example of how having online co-op trophies is freaking stupid, playing that game online is a nightmare...