Do you like the Prince from 2008's Prince of Persia?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 0

#1 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts

I just beat that game 30 minutes ago, and I must say I love that guy. He' so reckless. But he evolves into a more likable person as his relationship with Elika grows stronger. I laughed my ass off at his wisecracking.

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
Yeah, I liked his character.
Avatar image for masterpinky2000
masterpinky2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 95

#3 masterpinky2000
Member since 2004 • 1955 Posts
I was a fan of the game, largely because of the characters, who I found to be a notch above your standard game protagonists. I'm a little sad that it looks like POP (2008) won't be getting a sequel, and that Ubisoft's returning to the Sands of Times universe for the series.
newhighscore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 newhighscore
Member since 2008 • 2037 Posts

i thought he was great. im pretty sure its the same guy that does drake from uncharted. i liked the game. a little easy, but the platforming and the fighting engine were really fun.

zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts
Yea sure he was likable, amazing dialogue; but only if the game itself was as likable. I'm surprised you're so positive right after finishing the game. Man i was pissed caused of the ending. Worst ending IMO for 2008.
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

i thought he was great. im pretty sure its the same guy that does drake from uncharted. i liked the game. a little easy, but the platforming and the fighting engine were really fun.

newhighscore
Yup, Nolan North does a lot of game voice overs these days lol
hexashadow13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#7 hexashadow13
Member since 2010 • 5157 Posts
He was decent. I like the Two Thrones one better though.
DragoonSaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DragoonSaber
Member since 2009 • 536 Posts
[QUOTE="newhighscore"]

Flame_Blade88

dont forget assassin creed and dark void :P
Elian2530

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#9 Elian2530
Member since 2009 • 3658 Posts
I like the Prince of Persia Trilogy a lot more and I can't wait for POP: Forgotten Sands... BUT... the new Prince from 2008 was charming and he had personality. I liked how you could press a button to start up a short conversation with Elika anytime during the game. But his badass attitude/personality got old after a while. Sometimes, you just want a more mature Prince, who has his gameface on, and wants to get the job done. This guy is more like an overgrown schoolyard kid, that never stopped picking on his younger brother. Art direction was superb, but the gameplay was stale and repetitive. I couldn't wrap my mind around how they just copy and pasted temple after temple.. It was really lazy work, compared to the other beautiful aspects of the game.
Cloud418

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Cloud418
Member since 2005 • 1969 Posts

Wait, so they're just going to abandon the story and move on to a new trilogy? POP 2008 had one of those endings where I thought there would be a sequel.

Foxh0und666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Foxh0und666
Member since 2008 • 479 Posts

I liked the prince from the original Prince of Persia game from way back when, but the latest one was kind of lame imo. Hopefully the next Prince will be better than the last.

20fox05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 20fox05
Member since 2006 • 452 Posts
Hopefully they will work on them both as separate projects. I liked the Sands of Time trilogy, but I'm one of the very few who actually enjoyed POP 2008 even more.
Xongu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Xongu
Member since 2008 • 531 Posts

[QUOTE="Flame_Blade88"][QUOTE="newhighscore"]

DragoonSaber

dont forget assassin creed and dark void :P

In both Prince of Persia and Uncharted: Drake's Fortune, he says "you're heavier than you look" as he catches Elika/Elena. That line must have be taken straight fromUncharted as it sounds the exact same!

Avatar image for brownpriderider
brownpriderider

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 brownpriderider
Member since 2004 • 311 Posts

i agree with working on both projects for the fans of each, i very much prefer the originals and found the new one disappointing being an original PoP player but can't deny it looked nice and its great some found enjoyment in it

ArT33_7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 ArT33_7
Member since 2009 • 608 Posts

Yeah I liked his character. I wish ubisoft would work on the sequel because I actually really enjoyed that game, but it looks like we won't be getting it. At least not any time soon.

hawk549

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 hawk549
Member since 2007 • 1220 Posts

guess im the odd man out....i couldnt stand him. It didnt fit the character at all. I suppose im just used to the other PoP characters....from the PS2 games.

StealthMonkey4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#17 StealthMonkey4
Member since 2009 • 7434 Posts

Nope, hated the game itself and him.

MrScreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MrScreams
Member since 2010 • 42 Posts

Yeah, the prince was hot.

kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

I just beat that game 30 minutes ago, and I must say I love that guy. He' so reckless. But he evolves into a more likable person as his relationship with Elika grows stronger. I laughed my ass off at his wisecracking.

A-l-g-r-e-n
I hated him so much and everytime I went to a cliff, i just jumped off but that stupid girl always saves me!!!!
kris9031998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#20 kris9031998
Member since 2008 • 7554 Posts

Nope, hated the game itself and him.

StealthMonkey4
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Wait, so they're just going to abandon the story and move on to a new trilogy? POP 2008 had one of those endings where I thought there would be a sequel.

Cloud418
There will likely be a sequel, Ubisoft probably just put it on the backburner for the movie cash in. And yes I liked the Prince's character and loved the game.
Young_Charter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 62

#22 Young_Charter
Member since 2009 • 20067 Posts
Nolan North did a pretty good job with the prince. But ever since Uncharted, Nolan North's career was on a higher level
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

I played Sands of Time and enjoyed the prince a lot. I played the new one and the Prince was even better. Although I thought Elika was even better than the Prince in the new game. The dialogue just had me rolling nearly all the time. Games need more comedy these days and the Prince and Elika exchanging insults were priceless.

shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

newhighscore
Nolan North does pretty much everyone, he's also Desmond in Assassin's Creed.
danduron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 danduron
Member since 2008 • 319 Posts

i really really enjoyed the game and the way it plays... the prince himself was kind of a dick but i loved Nolan North's voice. it was a bit weird playing PoP as Drake ha ha but i enjoyed him. truthfully though, i enjoyed Elika waaay more! i really hope they continue the story after this year's game. i can't imagine they'd leave her story unresolved :-(

A-l-g-r-e-n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 A-l-g-r-e-n
Member since 2007 • 649 Posts
Yea sure he was likable, amazing dialogue; but only if the game itself was as likable. I'm surprised you're so positive right after finishing the game. Man i was pissed caused of the ending. Worst ending IMO for 2008.zaibutzu
Dude, the ending was the redefining of epic. Did you really expect him to leave Elika (SPOILERS) dead? Damn, I was so surprised that the character reacted exactly like any other human being would to save the one he loved. It was really awesome.
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

I love the "Sands of Time" trilogy BUT I really hate the last (2008's) "Prince of Persia". Just a horrible game, IMO.

However, I am definitely going to buy "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands", the sequel of the trilogy.

zaibutzu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#28 zaibutzu
Member since 2004 • 1276 Posts
[QUOTE="zaibutzu"]Yea sure he was likable, amazing dialogue; but only if the game itself was as likable. I'm surprised you're so positive right after finishing the game. Man i was pissed caused of the ending. Worst ending IMO for 2008.A-l-g-r-e-n
Dude, the ending was the redefining of epic. Did you really expect him to leave Elika (SPOILERS) dead? Damn, I was so surprised that the character reacted exactly like any other human being would to save the one he loved. It was really awesome.

It made you the player feel like he had wasted all of his actions throughout the course of the game. Back to square 1. Usually when you play the game at the end you're supposed to feel accompalished. (SPOILERS) The worst part is, it shows a sand cloud comsuming them at the end. Then credits. Now you spent your hard earned cash playing repetitive stages and platforming, it's already bad enough. Then u have to pay more money to purchase a dlc to find out what happened after that. Ubisoft ripping us off.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

I love the "Sands of Time" trilogy BUT I really hate the last (2008's) "Prince of Persia". Just a horrible game, IMO.

However, I am definitely going to buy "Prince of Persia: The Forgotten Sands", the sequel of the trilogy.

ks1990steelman
Why, you haven't noticed the similarity between the two games? Platforming, courtesy of magic effects. Well I would say its more of a balance between the two, the level design and platforming style is similar to the SoT trilogy but the reliance on magic to do is like the newest game. I don't like the look of the combat, they seem to have taken the acrobatics out of it and turned it into button mashing. And what happened to the Dahaka?
Avatar image for Canvas_Of_Flesh
Canvas_Of_Flesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Canvas_Of_Flesh
Member since 2007 • 4052 Posts
Yeah, the whole cast of characters was pretty good. I enjoyed the game a lot.
zmbi_gmr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 zmbi_gmr
Member since 2008 • 3590 Posts

good game with a very likeable character.

DEATH775

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#32 DEATH775
Member since 2005 • 4216 Posts
Yeah the new prince is a very funny guy, I like him