DNS Problem, Please Help!?!?!?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

klangley32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 klangley32
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I just got a PS3, and I am having trouble login online to play games. I can use the browser and get into the PS Store, but cant login from a game. When i try, it says "This is a DNS error. (80710102)." The only time I can login to a game is when I am connected directly through a modem, but our modem is closest to the family room TV... a no-go with the wife. When I run a connectivity check, everything succeeds, just cant login to plays games online. Can anyone help with this? I use a wireless router (Linksys WRT54G) ISP is Wave Broadband (in Canby, Oregon) Thanks, Frustrated PS3 Owner
kasumifan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#2 kasumifan
Member since 2004 • 5553 Posts
I had the same thing for a while, what I suggest you do is just connect your modem to your PS3 that's how I did it, it gives basically perfect connection with no lag
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="shabab12"]

I have a fix which worked for me. Do manual internet set up and do:

IP Address any ip address that is not used in your house

Subnet Mask Your computers subnet mask: Usually 255.255.255.0

Defualt Gateway your Main PC's IP address, usually ending in 0.1

DNS1 208.67.222.222 < These 2 are the ost important. Do exactly that.

DNS2 208.67.220.220

If you need more help, Message me. Im happy to help. https://www.opendns.com/start/

shabab12

klangley32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 klangley32
I had the same thing for a while, what I suggest you do is just connect your modem to your PS3 that's how I did it, it gives basically perfect connection with no lagkasumifan
I can't do that cause the modem is in the TV room, wife and kids wont have it... haha. I did try it just to see if that works, and it did. Thanks for the suggestions though!
klangley32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 klangley32

[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="shabab12"]

DNS2 208.67.220.220

If you need more help, Message me. Im happy to help. https://www.opendns.com/start/

shabab12

K I'll try this. I can make up any IP address? It doesnt have to be the one that it shows on my computer?
kasumifan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 74

#6 kasumifan
Member since 2004 • 5553 Posts

[QUOTE="kasumifan"]I had the same thing for a while, what I suggest you do is just connect your modem to your PS3 that's how I did it, it gives basically perfect connection with no lagklangley32
I can't do that cause the modem is in the TV room, wife and kids wont have it... haha. I did try it just to see if that works, and it did. Thanks for the suggestions though!

since its wireless even if you plug it to ur PS3 it will stay wireless with other things, unless you have a computer that uses that modem as the land line then the internet for that wont work

klangley32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 klangley32

[QUOTE="klangley32"][QUOTE="kasumifan"]I had the same thing for a while, what I suggest you do is just connect your modem to your PS3 that's how I did it, it gives basically perfect connection with no lagkasumifan

since its wireless even if you plug it to ur PS3 it will stay wireless with other things, unless you have a computer that uses that modem as the land line then the internet for that wont work

The router is connected to the land line, and there is a computer that is directly plugged into the router. So just make up any old IP address for the PS3, enter the default IP address from the main comp, subnet is 255.255.255.0, and the DNS 1 & 2 are the ones u posted? How do I run a "ipconfig'?
klangley32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 klangley32

[QUOTE="shabab12"][QUOTE="shabab12"]

DNS2 208.67.220.220

shabab12

DUDE IT WORKED!!! Thanks a lot man! I have done everything, and I think what it was was the Giving My PS3 It's Own IP Address... cause I have used those DNS numbers before and it never worked. Thanks again man! really appreciate it!
shabab12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#9 shabab12
Member since 2007 • 2613 Posts

[QUOTE="shabab12"]

[QUOTE="shabab12"]klangley32

DUDE IT WORKED!!! Thanks a lot man! I have done everything, and I think what it was was the Giving My PS3 It's Own IP Address... cause I have used those DNS numbers before and it never worked. Thanks again man! really appreciate it!

no problem man