Dissapointing Darkness

• 54 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

notoriousmatty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 notoriousmatty
Member since 2004 • 470 Posts

After playing this game for a couple of hours my first impressions are...Dissapointing. I had high hopes for this game and maybe too high. First off let me say this game plays AWFUL on the ps3, i dont know if it does the same for xbox but the framerate is about as choppy as it gets. Jaggies riddle this game even on my high end hdtv. The music, voice acting and story are the only thing that keeps me playing this game, they are simply the best in the business. Save your money for NGS.

ngoniko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 ngoniko
Member since 2007 • 782 Posts
I knew it all along, it looked like fear
Thomas-Crown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Thomas-Crown
Member since 2006 • 30371 Posts
Seriously? Well, I will still get the game when it get release in the EU.
_DeatH-MetaL_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 _DeatH-MetaL_
Member since 2007 • 651 Posts

i was never planning to get the darkness in the first place. now hearing the reviews people have been writing im definitely not changing my mind. im saving up for fall. soooo many great games.

back to the point. multiplayers normally the thing that keeps me hooked on a game ( unless its like ratchet and clank. uncharted and heavenly sword. well basically multiplayer keeps me hooked on shooters.) and the multiplayer on the darkness looks incredibly disappointing. turning into those creatures would probably push it back further. well it had potential but i think its gona be safe to say that the single player is better than the multiplayer.

P.S. im not a darkness hater. i was gona get the game when it was first anounced. i expect the darkness on PS3 and other console to get about a 7.5 - 7.9.

soulsdeparting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 soulsdeparting
Member since 2006 • 1537 Posts
whats ngs? do you mean mgs?
Teyon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Teyon
Member since 2004 • 678 Posts

NGS = Ninja Gaiden Sigma

MGS = Metal Gear Solid

SirSkilz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SirSkilz
Member since 2006 • 218 Posts

i was never planning to get the darkness in the first place. now hearing the reviews people have been writing im definitely not changing my mind. im saving up for fall. soooo many great games.

back to the point. multiplayers normally the thing that keeps me hooked on a game ( unless its like ratchet and clank. uncharted and heavenly sword. well basically multiplayer keeps me hooked on shooters.) and the multiplayer on the darkness looks incredibly disappointing. turning into those creatures would probably push it back further. well it had potential but i think its gona be safe to say that the single player is better than the multiplayer.

P.S. im not a darkness hater. i was gona get the game when it was first anounced. i expect the darkness on PS3 and other console to get about a 7.5 - 7.9.

_DeatH-MetaL_

Your Just like me. To many good games this fall to justify the purchase of a multi-plat like the darkness

CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 CRUNK3050
Member since 2006 • 2449 Posts
Yeah I decided not to get TD after hearing the mp was a gimmick. Ima pick up NGS next week instead.
jimmarko21876

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 jimmarko21876
Member since 2004 • 429 Posts

Yeah I decided not to get TD after hearing the mp was a gimmick. Ima pick up NGS next week instead.CRUNK3050

Yes, because releasing a game for the 3rd time is nowhere near a gimmick :)

TheWiikestLink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TheWiikestLink
Member since 2006 • 1730 Posts
game looked crappy to begin with.....unless its a AAA title i would never buy/pre ordera new ip...specially a multiplat one.
-oG-ShAdY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#11 -oG-ShAdY
Member since 2006 • 1385 Posts

First time on the PS3. ^^^

namcoman67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 namcoman67
Member since 2003 • 633 Posts
thats weird the PS3 version got a 9.1 at 1up.com
AgentA-Mi6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#13 AgentA-Mi6
Member since 2006 • 16713 Posts

thats weird the PS3 version got a 9.1 at 1up.comnamcoman67

Lets wait for gs's hateful review

TheYellowYeti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 TheYellowYeti
Member since 2006 • 438 Posts
i just rented the game a couple minutes ago, i'll be playing it later tonight.
danneswegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 danneswegman
Member since 2005 • 12937 Posts

thats weird the PS3 version got a 9.1 at 1up.comnamcoman67

9.0 i think... and there is one review for two consoles.....

negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts
I'm not worried about what one guy has to say about this game, it looks like it'll be fun for me. I have deep enough pockets that $60 is a chip in that stack of High Society so I'll be picking this game up in a matter of hours, if it sucks it'll be good trade bait for the Fall/Winter releases.
coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

i just rented the game a couple minutes ago, i'll be playing it later tonight.TheYellowYeti

why not now??

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts
i just bought this game and its actually not that bad. i think the framerate is fine, nothing like splinter cells framerate. the graphics are awesome and gameplay is actually pretty fun.the only thing is the multiplayer, its nothing special.
Kaine666_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 Kaine666_2
Member since 2006 • 474 Posts
weird 1up and several reader reviews gave it 9.0s and more, but suppose will have to wait for the GS review, hopefully a video review.
JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
umm actually i bought this game and i been playin it for about 5 hrs now, and its pretty good, its not 'Dissapointing' but at the same time its not the greatest, its an OK game, online was pretty good, played few ppl, not used to few things but im workin on it, and im sorry notorious but maybe its not ur type of game? but this game isnt as bad as u say it is, so ima have to disagree with u, and in my honest opinion this game is OK and im glad i bought it, besides ima get NGS and Rainbow 6: vegas, so im good either way
CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 CRUNK3050
I predict 7.5 from GS.
tomdevos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 tomdevos
Member since 2002 • 143 Posts
is it actually out on ps3? i thought it was delayed. its out in july now in europe. Anyone been able to compare 360/ps3 versions? do we get another crappy port?
CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 CRUNK3050

is it actually out on ps3? i thought it was delayed. its out in july now in europe. Anyone been able to compare 360/ps3 versions? do we get another crappy port?tomdevos

Its not a port. Though it still may be crappy.

deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts

I just got the game and there are some bugs with the framerate but most people won't notice, the dark powers are cool the darklings are about as smart as a box of nails, but other that I thinks fine, much more fun than fear was which got very repetitive after awhile. So far I would give it an 8.5. Given the lack of games we have on the ps3 this game is as good as any other you can find right now.

I just wanted to add I too will be picking up NGS next week who knows maybe I'll trade in Darkness to get it or keep I don't know.:?

I have one question about darkness how do you use the dark arm or is it a power you get later in the game, because I'm sick of using my bullets to take out the lights.

treelog187

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 treelog187
Member since 2005 • 2111 Posts

I'm not worried about what one guy has to say about this game, it looks like it'll be fun for me. I have deep enough pockets that $60 is a chip in that stack of High Society so I'll be picking this game up in a matter of hours, if it sucks it'll be good trade bait for the Fall/Winter releases.negtegra

LOL! Dude $60 isnt much to me either but thats no reason to act like your Bill Gates or something. "High Society" LMFAO! XD

da1on2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 da1on2
Member since 2006 • 4885 Posts
game looked crappy to begin with.....unless its a AAA title i would never buy/pre ordera new ip...specially a multiplat one.TheWiikestLink
What game is that in ur sig?
hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
I'm just wondering if the frame-rate issues and jaggies mean it is a port. This game was first shown back at that mtv xbox special *the show that basically announced the 360s arrival* 2 years ago, and perhaps it did just get ported to the ps3?
babystapler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 babystapler
Member since 2005 • 1679 Posts

[QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"]game looked crappy to begin with.....unless its a AAA title i would never buy/pre ordera new ip...specially a multiplat one.da1on2

I was thinking the same thing. Probably a PC tech demo? Whatever it is, it looks pretty badass.

coolasj19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 coolasj19
Member since 2005 • 2758 Posts

[QUOTE="da1on2"][QUOTE="TheWiikestLink"]game looked crappy to begin with.....unless its a AAA title i would never buy/pre ordera new ip...specially a multiplat one.babystapler

I was thinking the same thing. Probably a PC tech demo? Whatever it is, it looks pretty badass.

its crysis he told me so.

Rhaxdric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Rhaxdric
Member since 2006 • 2864 Posts
I was pretty wary of this game, glad I didn't sheel out 60 bucks right away, I'll wait till LAIR.
resistancemang

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 resistancemang
Member since 2007 • 430 Posts
definately gameflyin this one
d3cus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 d3cus
Member since 2007 • 217 Posts

aw are u serious? i was really lookin forward to gettin this game..thanks for the heads up. i guess ill get NGS next week

PEACE

KurupSoldr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#33 KurupSoldr
Member since 2006 • 4094 Posts

After playing this game for a couple of hours my first impressions are...Dissapointing. I had high hopes for this game and maybe too high. First off let me say this game plays AWFUL on the ps3, i dont know if it does the same for xbox but the framerate is about as choppy as it gets. Jaggies riddle this game even on my high end hdtv. The music, voice acting and story are the only thing that keeps me playing this game, they are simply the best in the business. Save your money for NGS.

notoriousmatty

What are you talking about choppy framerate, jaggies i see none of that BS it runs smooth as butter on my tv i think thegame is fun and will hold me over until Superb September, but i like this much better than fear and it looks better too

anshuk20002

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 anshuk20002
Member since 2004 • 3523 Posts
get rainbowsix ;)
Avatar image for whitelightnin27
whitelightnin27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 whitelightnin27
Member since 2005 • 223 Posts
gotta disagree, i cant say its and epic, but it runs smoothly, looks great, and the minions are awesome, multiplayer is nothing great but the story mode does not make me feel like i wasted my money
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#36 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts
[QUOTE="_DeatH-MetaL_"]

SirSkilz

Your Just like me. To many good games this fall to justify the purchase of a multi-plat like the darkness

Add me to that list boys :D

k2dart2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 k2dart2k
Member since 2007 • 241 Posts

[QUOTE="namcoman67"]thats weird the PS3 version got a 9.1 at 1up.comdanneswegman

9.0 i think... and there is one review for two consoles.....

1up overrates everything

Dr_DudeMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Dr_DudeMan
Member since 2006 • 2794 Posts

notoriousmatty

Wow, you must have a really crappy hdtv is you are seeing jaggies. I have no idea what jaggies you are talking about in 1080p. I also have yet to experience slowdown and i have put over 10 hours in. About 5 in MP and about 5 in SP.

xMAVx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 xMAVx
Member since 2007 • 183 Posts

i still have the game wrapped but it does support 1080p resolution wee. i dont think any of the other ps3 games i own officially supports a 1080p game just 720p

P.s. btw i just went to gamecraze today and theyve marked down some PS3 games to $39 (Virtual Fighter 5, Gundam Crossfire, Ridge Racer 7 to name a few)

casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
Funny, I own The Darkness and I don't see how it could be any better. Graphics are great and the game is smoothe. It is exactly as I pictured it being.
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
[QUOTE="notoriousmatty"]

KurupSoldr

What are you talking about choppy framerate, jaggies i see none of that BS it runs smooth as butter on my tv i think thegame is fun and will hold me over until Superb September, but i like this much better than fear and it looks better too

The Darkness has way better graphics than FEAR and storyline too. It does run very smoothe and jaggies?! WTF?

deebo_x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 deebo_x
Member since 2003 • 941 Posts
Please help how do you use the demon arm or is aquiredlater on inthe gameI'm 2 hours in
negtegra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 negtegra
Member since 2006 • 695 Posts

LOL! Dude $60 isnt much to me either but thats no reason to act like your Bill Gates or something. "High Society" LMFAO! XDtreelog187

Not gonna lie that did sound very arrogant. I just don't think people should gripe about price anymore like it's unexpected or something. I got the game yesterday and I thought it was great, my only thing is the multiplayer seems like it was rushed out and shouldn't have even been in the game, and the fact that there isn't any AA which makes jaggies more apparent. The textures are amazing though, best of any game I have to date. And yes I have Oblivion, Resistance and Motorstorm.

Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#46 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
I don't what people are complaining about, the game is awsome, the gunplay is extremely solid, and the darkness powers are truly a sight to behold. THe game is even better if you've read the comic books.
Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

good thing i wasn't looking forward to this game

manny203

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 manny203
Member since 2004 • 350 Posts

I don't what people are complaining about, the game is awsome, the gunplay is extremely solid, and the darkness powers are truly a sight to behold. THe game is even better if you've read the comic books.americahellyeah

yup it's pretty good game in SP and GS even gave it 8.5

aka_aj03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 aka_aj03
Member since 2004 • 5911 Posts
I guess it not dispointing anymore since gamespot gave it a 8.5 lol.
ultimameteora

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ultimameteora
Member since 2003 • 2573 Posts

I played it in 1080i first and noticed some framerate issuses, it plays alot better in progressive format (720p,1080p).

The only thing really bad I can say about it is controlling the "creeping dark" takes awhile to get used to and shooting out light bulbs can get tedious.