Devil's Crush (Turbografx 16 game on PSN) controls?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MrSaturn33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#1 MrSaturn33
Member since 2007 • 568 Posts

It's time to celebrate, Turbografx 16 fans, because the collection (albeit a small one) of PC Engine games on the Japanese Playstation Netowrk has finally come stateside. Finally Westerners can enjoy the excellent pinball games Alien Crush and Devil's Crush in 1080p HD.

However, a question comes with this. These games were originally made for the PC Engine/Turbografx 16 controller, and as such left on the d-pad moved the left bumper and the "I" button (The farthest right) operated the right bumper. There wasn't a better way to do it back then and this was standard for the time, but now that the games can utilize a Playstation 3 controller with FOUR SHOULDER BUTTONS, logically the games would have the option to use L1 and R1, L2 and R2, or ideally an option for either...But do they? I couldn't find any information or anyone to ask. All I know is that on the Wii versions of Alien Crush and Devil's Crush, if you play with a standalone Wii Remote left is left and 2 is right, and I only know that from reviews on this very site for the two games.

Personally, I want to go with Devil's Crush due to its scrolling and over-all improved design.

This should be pretty simple. If you don't have Devil's Crush, you can't help me, if you do, you can end this topic.

Thank-You!!!

lyndonAPI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2 lyndonAPI
Member since 2002 • 2794 Posts

I'm afraid you are stuck with the control scheme that is set up by default (left on d-pad for left flipper, circvle for right flipper, x to launch ball). No options to change the set up as far as controller options.