This topic is locked from further discussion.

bigredman3000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bigredman3000
Member since 2006 • 1935 Posts
when are they gonna give us some more demos? a friend in school told me that he got the new def jam icon demo for the 360 and was hoping if sony had gave us that demo. I check the PSS and there was not one new demo and was hoping when the heck are we gonna get any new demos?
sinabun12si

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 sinabun12si
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts

yea im wondering that too.. but you have to remember that the psn is still in development.. xbox live was nowhere near how it runs today the day it came out.. maby by the march launch things would get better

Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts

Patience young grasshoppa...Seriously.  Like the fella before me stated.  Give it time.  Things are still new, and fresh.  Not only is the system fresh off the company line, but so is the online service.  As with all things, they need time to mature.  Trust me...Things'll get added in there, as the game developers hand over their loot.  ie; demos, and the like..  Just give it time.

menduco76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 menduco76
Member since 2006 • 650 Posts

when are they gonna give us some more demos? a friend in school told me that he got the new def jam icon demo for the 360 and was hoping if sony had gave us that demo. I check the PSS and there was not one new demo and was hoping when the heck are we gonna get any new demos?bigredman3000

ive said it before and im gonna say it again....get used to it.  you get what you pay for.

Ps2stony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Ps2stony
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts

[QUOTE="bigredman3000"]when are they gonna give us some more demos? a friend in school told me that he got the new def jam icon demo for the 360 and was hoping if sony had gave us that demo. I check the PSS and there was not one new demo and was hoping when the heck are we gonna get any new demos?menduco76

ive said it before and im gonna say it again....get used to it.  you get what you pay for.

We paid $500+... We better get what we payed for by June at most.
lil50cent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 lil50cent
Member since 2003 • 2741 Posts
yea thats wht im saying..on live u get wht u PAY for..man sony needs to start charging...to make there online better
SirRaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 SirRaven
Member since 2005 • 934 Posts
We paid $500+... We better get what we payed for by June at most.Ps2stony
which is still a net loss to Sony. Meanwhile, their online network is free. XBL wasn't running as it does now when it first started and they were PAYING for it. I expect PSN to be very slow running for a while since it's the last of their worries right now.
Imallvol7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#8 Imallvol7
Member since 2003 • 7566 Posts
i think they are really focused on the march release of ps3 in europe right now. When that happens and the huge PS3 update hits, i expect things to start rolling nicely
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Alpha2
Member since 2003 • 3203 Posts
It's fun-- no actually its' actually SAD how people think paying for demos is somehow going to make the download speeds faster. If sony were serious about their online set up being free dont you think they would have servers set up to handel the information load? The speed issue has nothing to do with money, Sony has plenty of it and they can put as many servers on the case as they want. Paying isn't going to magically fix the problem.

You know I've hears people say they downlaoded some demos in under and hour while I heard that the crackdown demo for 360 took roughly 2 hours to download from several coworkers. Also many time I've hear d them talk about how horribly their game play experiance was do to lag and slow server reaction yet I've heard next to NO complaints about Online play in resistance. Infact all that's ever been said is that it's some of the smoothest online gameplay anyone has ever experienced. So my question is what is MS's excuse when their network sucks? Are you getting what you pay for where THEIR service has an off day? Every server related infrastructure has it's issues even the ones you pay for, Try playing a MMORPG for a year and see how much down time you experience for you 15 bucks a month and you'll see what I'm saying.
lostzoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 lostzoulz
Member since 2005 • 61 Posts

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. You clearly havent got a xbox360 with xbl so please stop making comments based on some co worker that has bad luck or tried to play someone on the other side of the world.

xbl is outstanding for online play

Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Alpha2
I dont have to have a 360 to relate what I've heard from people that DO have one. Also you have no idea who they were playing so to claim they were playing someone "on the other side of the world" shows YOU are the one who knows nothing about what they're talking about.
general_KDI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 general_KDI
Member since 2003 • 1068 Posts

Sony clearly said that they were selling the console with the game and the bluray and all , then, the network. Instead of something like microsoft, which sells the console, Xbox live and THEN the games and the HD-DVD drive...

lostzoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lostzoulz

1: i can download hugh demos in 5min, sometimes 15min but never longer.

2: i do have an xbox360 with xboxlive and no lag (no im not uploading or downloading when i go online)

3: i have 15games and play them online with no lag AT ALL

4: i have over 10 friends in my list that i play with allot and they also have great lagless online play.

5: maybe its only in your area or just usa, but in europe its not as crappy as you say.

6: guess i clearly do know what im talking about.

glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I dont have to have a 360 to relate what I've heard from people that DO have one. Also you have no idea who they were playing so to claim they were playing someone "on the other side of the world" shows YOU are the one who knows nothing about what they're talking about.
Alpha2

Nice logic. :)

Mark2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15 Mark2099
Member since 2006 • 1008 Posts
because we pay for Live, demos are free and come out at an amazing rate. PSN is more difficult.
glitch2424

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 glitch2424
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

1: i can download hugh demos in 5min, sometimes 15min but never longer.

2: i do have an xbox360 with xboxlive and no lag (no im not uploading or downloading when i go online)

3: i have 15games and play them online with no lag AT ALL

4: i have over 10 friends in my list that i play with allot and they also have great lagless online play.

5: maybe its only in your area or just usa, but in europe its not as crappy as you say.

6: guess i clearly do know what im talking about.

lostzoulz

1) It depends on what demos you're talking about. If you're talking about the mini/arcade demos, the PS3 can do that too in the exact same amount of time. Don't twist teh truth.

2) Of course you're not gonna have any lag with no background dling...silly.

3) I'm sure you do...I believe you, I do. I DID hav XBL, btw, and even with a DIRECT connection, I STILL had lag while playing Halo 2.

4) Friends that live near to you...? They're not on the other side of teh world...?

5) Why would Europe have crappy online play...! It makes no diff...!

6) Uhhh no you don't...

lostzoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 lostzoulz

oh please, ofcourse some people will have problems but saying ms network sucks because some dude hears stuff at work and not even having xbl, zzzzzz.

And yes everything i stated before is true in my case so for me it doesnt suck. Witch means there are allot more out there with a nice ISP witch makes playing on xbl allot better. So sorry for everyone that doesnt have the smooth online play that you should have on xbl. But dont bash something with a comment like, well resistance fall of men has the smootest online play ever (not even gonna start about this one)

Radiozo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Radiozo
Member since 2006 • 2413 Posts
Sony doesnt create the demos. The games studios does. They probably dont wanna spend the extra time to create demos for the PS3 since 360 has sold more consoles.
Avatar image for darkangel_78589
darkangel_78589

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 darkangel_78589
Member since 2003 • 205 Posts
Can someone enlighten me on how quickly demos, and the like came through for that other system's online ordeal?  I'm talking Day-One...As for the rate of speed of downloads...As it was said before, servers aren't all the same.  Just because person A. has speedy downloads on Server A, does not mean that person B, on Server B will be at the same rate of speed.   But, anyway...Go ahead...Blame Sony for that.  Anyway, I can pretty much bet that the competition's online service was no different than it is with the PSN.  So...Yeah.  I guess ignorance is bliss for a good handful, huh?....
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 shady_825
Member since 2003 • 1000 Posts

PSN had and did more out of the box than any online service in existence. It's not the best (yet) but it's certainly better at this point in time than any of its competitors were in the same length of time. 360 owners were patient, PS3 owners will have to be too.

As far as this lag issue goes, I have noticed less lag over PSN games than over any other online network. I'm not saying and was and will always be this way, but I have yet to see game with online play work as well as Resistance. Even the all-powerful Gears lags hard in 2v2 matches.

timster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 timster118
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
In the long run PSN will dominate and half of you XBox people will have a PS3 because.... how long can you play the same 3 good games that suck-box is going to put out.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts

Dude you have no idea what you are talking about. You clearly havent got a xbox360 with xbl so please stop making comments based on some co worker that has bad luck or tried to play someone on the other side of the world.

lostzoulz
hey man ive got a 360 and experience what he said...my demos take about an hour to download on 360 and like 30 minutes at most on ps3...i also get a lot of lag when playing some games on 360 but ZERO on resistance
timster118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 timster118
Member since 2005 • 259 Posts
Amen brother......Playstation network will get better and better and XBL will keep getting more expensive. And by the way Sony's next update will allow you to download in the background so you can do other things while you wait.
TJSAGE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 TJSAGE
Member since 2006 • 3540 Posts
I have been wating patiently, very patiently.  If its not demos of new games, I am really looking foward to the old vintage downloads like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter 2 and nes, snes, tubo graphics games.  I really hope they are motivated to build a big library of games from the old school.  I would love to play street fighter 2 online against the world. 
clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 clubside
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts

PSN had and did more out of the box than any online service in existence. It's not the best (yet) but it's certainly better at this point in time than any of its competitors were in the same length of time. 360 owners were patient, PS3 owners will have to be too.

As far as this lag issue goes, I have noticed less lag over PSN games than over any other online network. I'm not saying and was and will always be this way, but I have yet to see game with online play work as well as Resistance. Even the all-powerful Gears lags hard in 2v2 matches.

shady_825

I try to keep out of these threads, honest, but I hate misinformation. While I am happy with my PS3, PSN is barely a network, and just baby steps pas where the PS2 was. Feature-wise (and I don't consider downloads a feature) PSN isn't even where Xbox Live was when it launched nearly four years ago, when voice chat in every game, seeing which friends were online in every online game or dashboard, and sending game invites were all standard from launch.

This whole background downloading thing is so trivial, it is not a feature important to multiplayer gaming. For networking I want to see what my frinds are doing if they are online at any time in any gameor at the dashboard. I want to be able to chat with someone any time without being in the same place. I want to send messages and invites from wherever I am, and receive them. I want voice chat in every game. These are features the 360 had at launch and PSN doesn't have.

The thing I'm worried about is whether Sony can ever add these features given their infrastructure. Microsoft made a big switch from the original Xbox by placing Live withing the operating system so at any time you can press the XBOX button and access all the features, and every game knows this happens. Currently on the PS3 all we can do is turn off the controller or PS3. Can this interface be expanded? Will older games be "fixed" if these features come? I guess I'm waiting to see.

stlcardinals

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 stlcardinals
Member since 2003 • 108 Posts
i don't know, but to me the most important thing about online is how the games run online.  So far, everything i've played has been great.  once the future updates come, and you can download in the background, or while playing games, and the speed improves, i don't have a problem with it.
sun_devils23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 sun_devils23
Member since 2005 • 128 Posts
anyone know when the new demos are gonna be put up and which demos are going up
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#28 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
[QUOTE="lostzoulz"]

Miguel16
hey man ive got a 360 and experience what he said...my demos take about an hour to download on 360 and like 30 minutes at most on ps3...i also get a lot of lag when playing some games on 360 but ZERO on resistance

An hour? Maybe Crackdown when it first hit --- but I've not had demos take more than a few minutes.

Hour? Never. Not even close.

It did take hours for demos on the PSN.
-=Mike
gawnn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 gawnn
Member since 2003 • 312 Posts
With the PS3's online gaming is ran by the game developers PSN requires less upkeep than a website.  XBL is a network that one can download movies, tv shows, demos, ect.
MikeinSC2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#30 MikeinSC2
Member since 2005 • 739 Posts
That's why I'll never complain about PSN's speed. I'm paying nothing for it. It'd silly for me to expect XBL-level quality with no cost.
-=Mike
god_of_shawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 god_of_shawn
Member since 2005 • 559 Posts
Def Jam Icon demo sux. Its not even fun at all. ~.~ And PSN's demo can last me hours. GTHD roxs. XD
DoctorWan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 DoctorWan
Member since 2007 • 463 Posts
Calm down guys, each system does things a little differently and has their strength and weaknesses.

For now, enjoy your blue ray, play your new games, and free contents. The pS3 is still in its Launch phase. its not even one day old yet by European standard. Just sit back and relax.

I am glad each company is kind of have its own strenght and weaknesses, it will be fun to see what happens, for xbox it is obviously enjoying some unique games because it came out earlier and jacking some exclusives for now because game dev needs to make money somehow and stay in business and its online thing that it has going for itself.

For Sony it is obviously functionality and potential, packed in HDD, blue ray, the new Cell algorithm, linux, some returning system movers in the future (ffxiii, mgs, dmc, and so on). and of course, the higher price tag..Give it time.

and wii's different approach.

Let them duke it out!! This generation, i think you can pick up anyone of the three machines and you will NOT end up with a dead dreamcast, i gurantee!!! stop fighting over things on virtual space, peace out.
terrellpakeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 terrellpakeman
Member since 2003 • 1326 Posts

Def Jam Icon demo sux. Its not even fun at all. ~.~ And PSN's demo can last me hours. GTHD roxs. XDgod_of_shawn

WOW. That's absurd.

RabbidDawg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#34 RabbidDawg
Member since 2006 • 960 Posts
[QUOTE="lostzoulz"]

Miguel16

Im actually the opposite. My 360 DLs take 15 minutes on the 360, and my PS3 DLs take over 2 hours. As far as lag goes I havnt experienced it on either console,,,Lucky maybe? lol. Theres no doubt at the moment I like still like LIVE better than the PSN but hopefully PSN will get better with age....like a fine wine.

Also to clear some things up for people, we pay $50.00 a year to get dedicated servers for online play. LIVE silver is free and we can still DL demos and content and stuff. But paying for gives us access to the multiplayer on usually lag free servers, with great voice chat etc. While it seems Sonys online while free..(thank god)..isnt much of an upgrade from the PS2. No unified friends list, and does Sony handle the servers or is it each individual company like the PS2? Why is that Dark Kingdom uses xfire, while Resistance doesnt?

Thats my biggest beef with the PSN is the fact that there is pretty much a seperate friends list for every game.Xbox LIVE makes it so you can invite your friends into anygame and not have to add them seperatley for every game, just one friends list to take into every game....Hopefully Sony fixes this as LIVE may be the best online experience but the PS3 right now is leaving my 360 dusty...the PS3 is all I play anymore lol.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
[QUOTE="Miguel16"][QUOTE="lostzoulz"]

RabbidDawg

Im actually the opposite. My 360 DLs take 15 minutes on the 360, and my PS3 DLs take over 2 hours. As far as lag goes I havnt experienced it on either console,,,Lucky maybe? lol. Theres no doubt at the moment I like still like LIVE better than the PSN but hopefully PSN will get better with age....like a fine wine.

Also to clear some things up for people, we pay $50.00 a year to get dedicated servers for online play. LIVE silver is free and we can still DL demos and content and stuff. But paying for gives us access to the multiplayer on usually lag free servers, with great voice chat etc. While it seems Sonys online while free..(thank god)..isnt much of an upgrade from the PS2. No unified friends list, and does Sony handle the servers or is it each individual company like the PS2? Why is that Dark Kingdom uses xfire, while Resistance doesnt?

Thats my biggest beef with the PSN is the fact that there is pretty much a seperate friends list for every game.Xbox LIVE makes it so you can invite your friends into anygame and not have to add them seperatley for every game, just one friends list to take into every game....Hopefully Sony fixes this as LIVE may be the best online experience but the PS3 right now is leaving my 360 dusty...the PS3 is all I play anymore lol.

yea i like live better simply because its a lot eaier to user and its multitasking
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 shady_825
I try to keep out of these threads, honest, but I hate misinformation. While I am happy with my PS3, PSN is barely a network, and just baby steps pas where the PS2 was. Feature-wise (and I don't consider downloads a feature) PSN isn't even where Xbox Live was when it launched nearly four years ago, when voice chat in every game, seeing which friends were online in every online game or dashboard, and sending game invites were all standard from launch.

This whole background downloading thing is so trivial, it is not a feature important to multiplayer gaming. For networking I want to see what my frinds are doing if they are online at any time in any gameor at the dashboard. I want to be able to chat with someone any time without being in the same place. I want to send messages and invites from wherever I am, and receive them. I want voice chat in every game. These are features the 360 had at launch and PSN doesn't have.

The thing I'm worried about is whether Sony can ever add these features given their infrastructure. Microsoft made a big switch from the original Xbox by placing Live withing the operating system so at any time you can press the XBOX button and access all the features, and every game knows this happens. Currently on the PS3 all we can do is turn off the controller or PS3. Can this interface be expanded? Will older games be "fixed" if these features come? I guess I'm waiting to see.

clubside
The key words are "out-of-the-box". Live is better now, and Live on 360 is a lot better, but out of the box, PSN does/did more. Four years ago, when XBL began, it was nowhere near what it is now. PSN, which began about three months ago, is far beyond where XBL was in four months.
Theempire30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Theempire30
Member since 2006 • 2420 Posts

Amen brother......Playstation network will get better and better and XBL will keep getting more expensive. And by the way Sony's next update will allow you to download in the background so you can do other things while you wait.timster118

And how do you know that? You got a link?

DipSetOfiicial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 DipSetOfiicial
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
It's fun-- no actually its' actually SAD how people think paying for demos is somehow going to make the download speeds faster. If sony were serious about their online set up being free dont you think they would have servers set up to handel the information load? The speed issue has nothing to do with money, Sony has plenty of it and they can put as many servers on the case as they want. Paying isn't going to magically fix the problem.

You know I've hears people say they downlaoded some demos in under and hour while I heard that the crackdown demo for 360 took roughly 2 hours to download from several coworkers. Also many time I've hear d them talk about how horribly their game play experiance was do to lag and slow server reaction yet I've heard next to NO complaints about Online play in resistance. Infact all that's ever been said is that it's some of the smoothest online gameplay anyone has ever experienced. So my question is what is MS's excuse when their network sucks? Are you getting what you pay for where THEIR service has an off day? Every server related infrastructure has it's issues even the ones you pay for, Try playing a MMORPG for a year and see how much down time you experience for you 15 bucks a month and you'll see what I'm saying.
Alpha2
woooh buddy 2 hours for the crackdown demo? thats a lil hard to believe.... it only took me 30 minutes
DipSetOfiicial

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DipSetOfiicial
Member since 2006 • 341 Posts
[QUOTE="clubside"] I try to keep out of these threads, honest, but I hate misinformation. While I am happy with my PS3, PSN is barely a network, and just baby steps pas where the PS2 was. Feature-wise (and I don't consider downloads a feature) PSN isn't even where Xbox Live was when it launched nearly four years ago, when voice chat in every game, seeing which friends were online in every online game or dashboard, and sending game invites were all standard from launch.

shady_825
The key words are "out-of-the-box". Live is better now, and Live on 360 is a lot better, but out of the box, PSN does/did more. Four years ago, when XBL began, it was nowhere near what it is now. PSN, which began about three months ago, is far beyond where XBL was in four months.

yea and where is sony getting there ideas from.....i wonder         dude whate year are we in 2007 right? and what year did XBL launch? around 2002 how long ago was that? and how far in technology have we advanced since then.....obviously the ps3 online is  better then  what XBL  was when it came out becouse of technology so stop using that as an exuse
sinabun12si

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 sinabun12si
Member since 2007 • 69 Posts
lmao you guys are stubborn.. yes it takes long for sumone else then you... evry one has differnt isp... thier speed are different... its not sony's or ms prob..i know it takes me about 15-20 min for demos on my ps3 but you wont see people with the same kind of luck as me.... also you have to remember SONY is competeing against microsoft in the online depatment.. the thing that separates them two is the fact that sony will remain free.. thats their key.. its not a fact of "your getting what you pay for" because sony promises to bring the same quality or better of xbl..
jdt532

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 jdt532
Member since 2003 • 4236 Posts
Everyone keeps talking about how new the PSN is and how we need to wait. Wait on what? It's already possible to DL demos off of the PS Store but for some reason there are only first party demos... Now if it wasn't technically possible and there wasn't a PS Store to DL content from I would buy that argument but that's not the case. You can't compare the PSN to the original XBL on the Xbox either cause bake then it wasn't technically possible for developers to put demos on XBL cause their was no store like area to DL content from.

Also to whoever said "you get what you pay for" is way out of line cause you can DL demos off XBL whether you have the free silver service or the none free gold service so it doesn't matter if the PSN is free...
alex1889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 alex1889
Member since 2006 • 1633 Posts

Alpha2

my cousins rainbow six vegas demo took 3 hours just to reach 30% and it wouldnt let him play games while downloading for some reason

PSPlayer24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 PSPlayer24
Member since 2005 • 1280 Posts
yea thats wht im saying..on live u get wht u PAY for..man sony needs to start charging...to make there online better lil50cent
i don't mind spending 50 liek on live in order to make the service better.
clubside

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 clubside
Member since 2004 • 667 Posts
[QUOTE="clubside"] I try to keep out of these threads, honest, but I hate misinformation. While I am happy with my PS3, PSN is barely a network, and just baby steps pas where the PS2 was. Feature-wise (and I don't consider downloads a feature) PSN isn't even where Xbox Live was when it launched nearly four years ago, when voice chat in every game, seeing which friends were online in every online game or dashboard, and sending game invites were all standard from launch.

shady_825

I don't know if you have reading comprehension problems, so I'll try to be more direct.

When XBL launched, it had a common friends list, invites and notifications from any online game, and voice chat in every game. These three features aren't on PSN today, yet are the heart of online multiplayer.

Okay, so XBL on the Xbox wasn't "out-of-the-box" you say? Let's move on the 360's "out-of-the-box" features not on PSN: common friends list, invites and notifications from any game whether it supported multiplayer or not, voice chat in every game, messaging from any game with voice recording option, downloadable customizations for the dashboard, voice conferencing regardless of where the two users were, friends and recent player browsers including achivements and games owned, and a game with online co-op. Most every online feature listed here is avalable at the press of one button no matter wht you are doing.

Once again, I hope for improvements to PSN games. I like dedicated servers (though I also like the option of hosting my own). My time online with PSN has been limited because Full Auto 2 doesn't support voice and while Resistence can be fun, I just have more options on my 360. Given Sony's continued reliance on third parties to "cook their own" we're more than likely to get more games with unique friends lists (like Resistence), even more games that don't support voice, and never get the sort of "I wonder what my friends are doing, I just hit this one button, there you go!" online experience of XBL.

Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Alpha2

oh please, ofcourse some people will have problems but saying ms network sucks because some dude hears stuff at work and not even having xbl, zzzzzz.

And yes everything i stated before is true in my case so for me it doesnt suck. Witch means there are allot more out there with a nice ISP witch makes playing on xbl allot better. So sorry for everyone that doesnt have the smooth online play that you should have on xbl. But dont bash something with a comment like, well resistance fall of men has the smootest online play ever (not even gonna start about this one)

lostzoulz
Take your own advice dude. you're bashing the PSN based on nothing but a couple of people's displeasure with a few demos.
Alpha2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Alpha2

When XBL launched, it had a common friends list, invites and notifications from any online game, and voice chat in every game. These three features aren't on PSN today, yet are the heart of online multiplayer.

-PSN has a common friends list, Resistance just dosent use it.
-You are notified when your firends are online, you are notified of in game and out of game emails even in Resistance dispite this
-Voice chat is in the hands of the developer. If it's not inthe game it's because the Develeloper had not implemented it or removed it because it did not work within their game. It's called developer freedom.
shady_825

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 shady_825
I don't know if you have reading comprehension problems, so I'll try to be more direct.

Okay, so XBL on the Xbox wasn't "out-of-the-box" you say? Let's move on the 360's "out-of-the-box" features not on PSN: common friends list, invites and notifications from any game whether it supported multiplayer or not, voice chat in every game, messaging from any game with voice recording option, downloadable customizations for the dashboard, voice conferencing regardless of where the two users were, friends and recent player browsers including achivements and games owned, and a game with online co-op. Most every online feature listed here is avalable at the press of one button no matter wht you are doing.

Once again, I hope for improvements to PSN games. I like dedicated servers (though I also like the option of hosting my own). My time online with PSN has been limited because Full Auto 2 doesn't support voice and while Resistence can be fun, I just have more options on my 360. Given Sony's continued reliance on third parties to "cook their own" we're more than likely to get more games with unique friends lists (like Resistence), even more games that don't support voice, and never get the sort of "I wonder what my friends are doing, I just hit this one button, there you go!" online experience of XBL.clubside

First point of interest: I planned to keep this discussion on a mature level and not insult anyone just because they disgareed with me. I think everyone should take that into consideration.

Moving along, I was referring to out of the box features because PSN was new just as XBL was. It IS comparable to XBL on the original Xbox, but not to XBL on the 360 because when 360 was released, the service was already available.

It's also worth mentioning that not every game on XBL had voice chat. I recommend you read Alpha 2's post.

lostzoulz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 lostzoulz
Dude, actually im not bashing psn or live, please dont try to act smart by replying a little to fast. Next time take your time when you read.
donalbane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

#49 donalbane
Member since 2003 • 16383 Posts

yea im wondering that too.. but you have to remember that the psn is still in development.. xbox live was nowhere near how it runs today the day it came out.. maby by the march launch things would get better

sinabun12si
Actually Live was pretty similar on day one to it's present condition, at least with regard to demos. And It had a lot more demos than PSN has now when it first launched. They came out with greater frequency too.