Dead Space 2 Extraction only TRIAL - WTH?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for NeedMyDigitalDs
NeedMyDigitalDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NeedMyDigitalDs
Member since 2009 • 389 Posts

I finally wanted to try out Dead Space Extraction, but after install it only gives me the trial version. I bought the Limited Edition and on the back it says FULL GAME, yet I can't get it to work. Is there a trick or did the HMV guy put the wrong disc in there? Should the disc also say Limited Edition or only Dead Space 2?

hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts

did you put in the activation code and download the 1.01 patch? Onl reason why i would think it wouldn't work is because that copy was used by someone else.

JohnBean42

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JohnBean42
Member since 2008 • 2810 Posts

I just bought the game this week. I installed it, downloaded the patch and it works.

Avatar image for NeedMyDigitalDs
NeedMyDigitalDs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 NeedMyDigitalDs
Member since 2009 • 389 Posts

I've downloaded the patch, put in activation code for online pass (not that I think that has anything to do with Extraction not working), but Extraction is still only offering me the TRIAL level and doesn't work with MOVE at all.

Are there any other steps I am missing? Maybe I need a step-by-step as I can't get it to work. I bought this brand new from HMV. This is not a used copy. I'm stumped.

Any further help appreciated. ;)

ColonelVodka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 ColonelVodka
Member since 2011 • 360 Posts

I've downloaded the patch, put in activation code for online pass (not that I think that has anything to do with Extraction not working), but Extraction is still only offering me the TRIAL level and doesn't work with MOVE at all.

Are there any other steps I am missing? Maybe I need a step-by-step as I can't get it to work. I bought this brand new from HMV. This is not a used copy. I'm stumped.

Any further help appreciated. ;)

NeedMyDigitalDs
Contacting EA or Sony would be your best bet.
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts
Check if you missed a code or something in your packaging that unlock it. Otherwise I would find your receipt and contact EA.
Molecat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Molecat
Member since 2010 • 90 Posts
Thanks guys for your suggestions (I'm NeedMyDigitalDs OH btw). Guess we aren't doing anything wrong - good to know - and will take this up with EA. Thx again for the advice :) MC