Crysis 2 demo has some HUGE problems

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-59b71619573a1
deactivated-59b71619573a1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-59b71619573a1
Member since 2007 • 38222 Posts

I admit that I do actually like the gameplay and flying around killing people but there are some huge problems that kill the enjoyment several times. There were numerous times I have been shooting someone emptying a whole clip into them with no effect. Also I got shot through walls and was confirmend when I watched the killcams. Also confirmed through a killcam I was melee'd from a huge distance away and the guy didn't even touch me. I will still buy the final game as these will most likely be ironed out on release or with a patch. But the demo really wouldn't convince anyone to buy it

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts
Maybe your just experiencing a bad lag.
2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#4 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts
Sounds like they succeeded at making a Call of Duty clone since all those problems are present on Black Ops. (especially the "meleed from huge distance away"). I had very little interest in multi-player anyway, after the demo I have ZERO interest in multiplayer. Just none whatsoever.
email2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 email2003
Member since 2004 • 3529 Posts
Playing the demo felt like playing Killzone's multiplayer.
fsurb28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 fsurb28
Member since 2008 • 1329 Posts

i'm sure most of the problems will be fixed eventually, but after playing for a couple of hours the idea of jumping and prancing around just doesn't seem like my cup of tea but i hope you guys enjoy it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Maybe your just experiencing a bad lag. risako9

This stuff happens in every single round. I have no problems with any other games at all.

tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts

I admit that I do actually like the gameplay and flying around killing people but there are some huge problems that kill the enjoyment several times. There were numerous times I have been shooting someone emptying a whole clip into them with no effect. Also I got shot through walls and was confirmend when I watched the killcams. Also confirmed through a killcam I was melee'd from a huge distance away and the guy didn't even touch me. I will still buy the final game as these will most likely be ironed out on release or with a patch. But the demo really wouldn't convince anyone to buy it

seanmcloughlin
I can add bad framerate, lots of pop-ins, host migrations etc. Core gameplay was fun though but Im not sure about getting this game.
Bow-T_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Bow-T_88
Member since 2007 • 1544 Posts
Playing the demo felt like playing Killzone's multiplayer.email2003
Like the KZ3 beta, I cant get into a damn match in CRYSIS 2. This game will SUCK !
bpw8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 bpw8
Member since 2002 • 558 Posts
i kept getting disconnected and my ps3 is on my router's DMZ... so no idea what to do.
cdragon_88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 cdragon_88
Member since 2003 • 1842 Posts

Oh snap Wow! I thought I was the only one who didn't like it. It felt like a COD-Clone. I was afraid if i said I didn't like it I'd get flamed. Guess that'll only happen on the PC boards......but yea I was really looking forward to Crysis since I've never played part one and since it was one of the best known PC game titles of all time. Now im left with a "meh" impression.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 crashndash
Member since 2007 • 1171 Posts
has anyone had the problem of not being able to throw a grenade? because i have been killed by them several times, but i have tried everything and i cant throw a single grenade? like wtf?
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#13 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
The 360 demo sucked big when I played it weeks ago. Not surprised the PS3 demo is any different.
-Hoax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 -Hoax-
Member since 2008 • 5331 Posts
It looks very pretty but the MP was pretty Meh.
Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

Not really an issue for me. Im gameflying it to play one MP match ( before sending it back ) and then buying it at a reduced price in 6 months when you can get the platinum trophy. By that time all the problems will be as fixed as they are ever going to be.

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I think we need to make a distinction here: What is being played is NOT the actual game "Crysis 2" - This is a MP beta and it doesn't reflect the GAME. It shows a part of the game used for a bastardized purpose of allowing players to shoot other players. In recent months, I feel like jumping into a time machine and visiting John Romero on that fateful first night when two computers were networked to play "DOOM" as a deathmatch in Texas, and tell him to knock it off.

The focus on multiplayer aspect of any given title these days is absurd, and the devs need to be sent a message that they're killing their own fields of creativity because of the attention given to a game's multiplayer side. "Halo" and "Call of Duty" have brought a blight on the gaming industry, where if you don't have a tremendously, over-blown, played 24/7 multiplayer community, your game is considered a failure.

Well, some of us don't game to be on leaderboards, join a clan, and interact with other human beings. Some of us play games to get AWAY from the racists and foul-mouthed yobs of the world. And we want CAMPAIGNS, STORIES, and ESCAPISM.

None of us know what "Crysis 2" is like, because we haven't been given the actual game to play yet. I agree that this MP demo is crappola, I agree with every criticism leveled in this thread... But it's not the game. It's a side-bar.

Let's hope the actual game is as good as the trailers make it look. "Singularity" was a good game, and you never hear anyone talk about the MP - Same with the first "BioShock" (though I personally didn't care for it). They are great FPS, and you don't feel the need to play "Capture the Flag" all the while you are progressing through it. I appreciate games like "MAG" because they wanted to be an online frag-fest and they accomplished what they set out to do... But I think devs need to be up-front about that from now on. "Call of Duty" should just go online-only; No one plays the bloody campaign on those games anyway (most of the people on my friends list haven't even gotten more than 10% of the trophies; Completing the story will get you 30% without trying)...

... but when a game like "Crysis 2" is released, and the first thing we see of the game is the stupid MP side and not the story, you know there's been a shift in what they want you to judge the game by, or that they FEEL the game will ultimately stand on, and be judged by.

And that's just wrong, on so many levels.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

I think we need to make a distinction here: What is being played is NOT the actual game "Crysis 2" - This is a MP beta and it doesn't reflect the GAME. It shows a part of the game used for a bastardized purpose of allowing players to shoot other players. In recent months, I feel like jumping into a time machine and visiting John Romero on that fateful first night when two computers were networked to play "DOOM" as a deathmatch in Texas, and tell him to knock it off.

The focus on multiplayer aspect of any given title these days is absurd, and the devs need to be sent a message that they're killing their own fields of creativity because of the attention given to a game's multiplayer side. "Halo" and "Call of Duty" have brought a blight on the gaming industry, where if you don't have a tremendously, over-blown, played 24/7 multiplayer community, your game is considered a failure.

Well, some of us don't game to be on leaderboards, join a clan, and interact with other human beings. Some of us play games to get AWAY from the racists and foul-mouthed yobs of the world. And we want CAMPAIGNS, STORIES, and ESCAPISM.

None of us know what "Crysis 2" is like, because we haven't been given the actual game to play yet. I agree that this MP demo is crappola, I agree with every criticism leveled in this thread... But it's not the game. It's a side-bar.

Let's hope the actual game is as good as the trailers make it look. "Singularity" was a good game, and you never hear anyone talk about the MP - Same with the first "BioShock" (though I personally didn't care for it). They are great FPS, and you don't feel the need to play "Capture the Flag" all the while you are progressing through it. I appreciate games like "MAG" because they wanted to be an online frag-fest and they accomplished what they set out to do... But I think devs need to be up-front about that from now on. "Call of Duty" should just go online-only; No one plays the bloody campaign on those games anyway (most of the people on my friends list haven't even gotten more than 10% of the trophies; Completing the story will get you 30% without trying)...

... but when a game like "Crysis 2" is released, and the first thing we see of the game is the stupid MP side and not the story, you know there's been a shift in what they want you to judge the game by, or that they FEEL the game will ultimately stand on, and be judged by.

MonkeySpot

I agree with most of your points. However, like it or not, the multiplayer demo IS practically what the final game with be like. The problem is that most shooter campaigns are very short, usually around 10 hours tops, and then the game pretty much entirely relies upon the multiplayer for replay value. Of all the genres, FPS is easily the most multiplayer centric, and having a weak MP is definitely a detriment to the game. Granted, I'll probably be picking up the game anyway as I'm still interested in the singleplayer, but I doubt many will do the same after this demo. I agree with you it's a shame that a lot of people feel every game has to have some kind of multiplayer component - because, quite frankly, they don't need one. A good campaign with a compelling story and interesting characters will stand out on its own. Having to throw in the "tacked-on" multiplayer just ruins the experience.

GTR12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 GTR12
Member since 2006 • 13490 Posts

has anyone had the problem of not being able to throw a grenade? because i have been killed by them several times, but i have tried everything and i cant throw a single grenade? like wtf? crashndash

lol, you dont "throw" a grenade, you select it, then you press fire before theres a warning on your screen.

F1ame_Shie1d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 F1ame_Shie1d
Member since 2010 • 1389 Posts

I tried to get into a match for about 30 mins yesterday and just gave up. My NAT type is 2 and I've NEVER had a problem with any other games. In fact I'm usually the guy saying "everything works for me, must be a problem with your connection. " whatever, I was never really excited about this game anyways. I'm going for Infamous 2 as my next purchase.

Alter_Echo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Alter_Echo
Member since 2003 • 10724 Posts

For those with the "why does everything have to have multiplayer" questions. It is really really really simple. They throw MP in with the 4 hour long SP they are trying to sell for $60 so it feels less like you are being mugged by a criminal when you go to buy the game.

The fact that the MP is most of the time broken or simply not fun at all makes no nevermind.

Since MP is usually made of 99% things that are in the SP they can create it with little overhead and added dev time in comparison to what the SP required. What incentive do they have to make the SP longer or closer to worth $60 for 100% more effort when they can just add usually crappy MP for 1% more effort?

TLDR : MP = A slight of hand illusion intended to make what they are selling look like its worth the asking price when it usually still isnt.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 deactivated-59b71619573a1

I just tried the demo again today and the same problems exust. The frame rate almost hurts my eyes in some occasions. I throw grenades next to guys and they don't die but I can die from a grenade several metres away. I have been killed by a few bullets and other times it takes a lot to kill me (not counting armor mode). The list just keeps getting bigger. I really hope they fix these problems for the final version. right now I will be buying for the single player

ultraking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 ultraking
Member since 2004 • 6904 Posts

yea the MP is awful , but im not buying crysis2 for its MP anyway

redskins2156

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 redskins2156
Member since 2007 • 2553 Posts

Yeah same here.

[QUOTE="email2003"]Playing the demo felt like playing Killzone's multiplayer.Bow-T_88
Like the KZ3 beta, I cant get into a damn match in CRYSIS 2. This game will SUCK !

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#24 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

MonkeySpot

Well said Monkey....MP seems to be killing thefocus of devs to deliver a top quality SP experience. I still "most likely" will pick up Crysis 2....

risako9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 risako9
Member since 2011 • 840 Posts

I think it's horrible. The graphics are massively toned down in MP, no AA shadows are ugly.

Honestly, as a PS3 fanboy i felt insulted.

Guess i'll stick with my exclusives.

Peanutbutterz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Peanutbutterz
Member since 2011 • 219 Posts

Oh snap Wow! I thought I was the only one who didn't like it. It felt like a COD-Clone. I was afraid if i said I didn't like it I'd get flamed. Guess that'll only happen on the PC boards......but yea I was really looking forward to Crysis since I've never played part one and since it was one of the best known PC game titles of all time. Now im left with a "meh" impression.

cdragon_88
If anything, you'd get flamed for saying it's a CoD clone because the game is like a welfare version of CoD. I played the 360 demo version, and the demo just sucks. I'm sure there will be people who buy the game based off the hype of the original crysis.
Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

Couldn't agree more. MP still has its place and is usually a lot of fun with a group of friends, but it sucks that its becoming the main focus these days. I want a long and involving campaign that is worthy of my $60, but anyone wanting such an experience out of a military shooter these days is getting shafted.
psx_warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 psx_warrior
Member since 2006 • 1757 Posts
I've seen video running on a ps3 at gamestop of the single player campaign, and the graphics looked really nice. In fact, it looked like a total blast to play with all the enemies on screen and the big monstrosity you have to blow up. I think we need to take a few steps back and realise that if the single player compared to multiplayer of the original Crysis is any indication, the single player will be just as good compared to multiplayer of Crysis 2. Don't loose faith people. Most people didn't play the original Crysis on pc for the multiplayer.
an16_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 an16_8
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i'm buying this game for single player not multiplayer i don't care for multiplayer i hope in singplayer there are no lags,bugs,low framerate etc.....

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 crashndash
if anyone bothered to check the crytec site they would of found that the demo was never intended for the ps3, so they released an old test version and ported it over to the ps3. i must admit thats a bit unfair :cry: but the old test version had problems on the ps3 so they just announced they are closing it so they can fix the last few bugs in the servers. so @risako9 you may want to wait and see because that was just an old 360 port from a while back when they were doing beta testing. to be honest that was my first time playing a crysis game and i felt insulted, i wondered how the hell could that be the game series thats been known for the most amazing graphics, i could just lol at anyone who says crysis 2 has the best graphics after playing the online multiplayer demo. anyways i hope it all gets fixed before release im still looking forward to it :)
Avatar image for deactivated-5dc1155346926
deactivated-5dc1155346926

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#31 deactivated-5dc1155346926
Member since 2007 • 912 Posts

if anyone bothered to check the crytec site they would of found that the demo was never intended for the ps3, so they released an old test version and ported it over to the ps3. i must admit thats a bit unfair :cry: but the old test version had problems on the ps3 so they just announced they are closing it so they can fix the last few bugs in the servers. so @risako9 you may want to wait and see because that was just an old 360 port from a while back when they were doing beta testing. to be honest that was my first time playing a crysis game and i felt insulted, i wondered how the hell could that be the game series thats been known for the most amazing graphics, i could just lol at anyone who says crysis 2 has the best graphics after playing the online multiplayer demo. anyways i hope it all gets fixed before release im still looking forward to it :)crashndash

FALSE. Crytek said themselves that the demo is from a build right before submission. Which means FINAL. The 360 demo was on old code and it still looks miles better. The PS3 demo is a patched version of that on newer code that's why the controls for killstreaks are different and the victory/lose screen is different. I'm sad to say this is pretty much what the retail version will look like. Those of you planning on buying Crysis 2 for the single player.... what are you going to say if you buy this game and it has a 5-6 hour single player?

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 crashndash

[QUOTE="crashndash"]if anyone bothered to check the crytec site they would of found that the demo was never intended for the ps3, so they released an old test version and ported it over to the ps3. i must admit thats a bit unfair :cry: but the old test version had problems on the ps3 so they just announced they are closing it so they can fix the last few bugs in the servers. so @risako9 you may want to wait and see because that was just an old 360 port from a while back when they were doing beta testing. to be honest that was my first time playing a crysis game and i felt insulted, i wondered how the hell could that be the game series thats been known for the most amazing graphics, i could just lol at anyone who says crysis 2 has the best graphics after playing the online multiplayer demo. anyways i hope it all gets fixed before release im still looking forward to it :)kenken2g

FALSE. Crytek said themselves that the demo is from a build right before submission. Which means FINAL. The 360 demo was on old code and it still looks miles better. The PS3 demo is a patched version of that on newer code that's why the controls for killstreaks are different and the victory/lose screen is different. I'm sad to say this is pretty much what the retail version will look like. Those of you planning on buying Crysis 2 for the single player.... what are you going to say if you buy this game and it has a 5-6 hour single player?

really? O.O cos i saw it on the mycrysis site, well if what youre saying is true that really blows

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Those of you planning on buying Crysis 2 for the single player.... what are you going to say if you buy this game and it has a 5-6 hour single player?

kenken2g

According to the leaked beta of the game on PC the SP is 10-12 hours long.

crashndash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 crashndash
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kenken2g"]

Those of you planning on buying Crysis 2 for the single player.... what are you going to say if you buy this game and it has a 5-6 hour single player?

HOLY .............. (well yeah you get the idea) ............ thats gotta be a record for a fps game comming to a console right??? O.O
an16_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 an16_8
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

i'm buying it for singleplayer not for the multiplayer cause i'm banned from psn if i had psn i'd like to try the online

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
MrSelf-Destruct

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 MrSelf-Destruct
Member since 2010 • 13400 Posts
[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kenken2g"]

Dang, I hope that's true. I was pretty worried for a minute there.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 deactivated-59b71619573a1

[QUOTE="seanmcloughlin"]

[QUOTE="kenken2g"]

MrSelf-Destruct

Dang, I hope that's true. I was pretty worried for a minute there.

People who played the leaked beta showed screenshots of the finished game and the final time statistics and it was 10+ hours. So yeah its pretty good., Its the only reason im buying it

Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#38 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
[QUOTE="MonkeySpot"]

in regards to your comments on MP in general, well said and i agree.
lightleggy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 65

#39 lightleggy
Member since 2008 • 16090 Posts

[QUOTE="risako9"]Maybe your just experiencing a bad lag. seanmcloughlin

This stuff happens in every single round. I have no problems with any other games at all.

but its something which depends of the game...for example I dont get any lag at cod, but I do get lag at RDR and I always get killed even when im behind a wall...the servers are different, if something is wrong with a certain server or if your connection has problems with that server, it will screw your gameplay on that game only

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 deactivated-59b71619573a1

Seems like everyone had these problems as the PS3 demo was taken down due to errors and connection problems. So the lag was for everyone. Hopefully it will be fixed for the final version but it seems now that Crytek are giving a huge middle finger to the PS3 community these days