Crisis Core Inconsistencies?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LingerieThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 LingerieThief
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

I just beat the game an hour ago.

Throughout the game, there were quite abit of inconsistencies. Other than some area changes in the maps (e.g shinra mansion basement), i noticed in the exhibit room of the Shinra building, a picture of Highwind was shown with the caption 'Airship Highwind' or something like that.

Isn't the airship only named Highwind after Cid Highwind took control of it? During the time in Crisis Core, Cid is a Shinra pilot and the future astronaut but i don't think he was THAT a big shot to have an airship named after him. What do you guys think?

Also any other inconsistencies you guys noticed?

MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts
I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure that was his airship that he built while he was working for Shinra, and it was his experience with that which led him to be picked for the astronaut program. I think I remember them saying something about taking his ship away in FFVII...
king_of_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 king_of_metal
Member since 2007 • 658 Posts
I think in Final Fantasy VII, Clouds condition was called "Mako Poisoning" not "Mako Addiction". It has been so long since I've played Final Fantasy VII, I don't remember. Guess I should break out the PlayStation 1 soon and play it again. I'm glad I kept it all these years.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 MAILER_DAEMON
I think in Final Fantasy VII, Clouds condition was called "Mako Poisoning" not "Mako Addiction". It has been so long since I've played Final Fantasy VII, I don't remember. Guess I should break out the PlayStation 1 soon and play it again. I'm glad I kept it all these years.king_of_metal
I take the terminology and semantics in FFVII with a grain of salt thanks to the glorious translation. :roll: Off course!
king_of_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 king_of_metal
I just remembered. In Final Fantasy VII, Tseng was all grown up when he went to Aeris's house when she was a kid, but in Crisis Core he looks like he's sixteen years old. How does that work? I thought I read about something stange like this happening in Final Fantasy VII itself.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 MAILER_DAEMON
I just remembered. In Final Fantasy VII, Tseng was all grown up when he went to Aeris's house when she was a kid, but in Crisis Core he looks like he's sixteen years old. How does that work? I thought I read about something stange like this happening in Final Fantasy VII itself.king_of_metal
His age isn't specified, but he's been in the Turks for 10 years by FFVII. He looked grown up simply because they didn't use a different character model, but he's in his early-to-mid 20's by Crisis Core. Hey, people asked me what high school I went to when I was 23...
Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Threesixtyci
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts

Well the girl Cesnee or however you spell it, I remember her saying something about being in the Turks since she was a child... they're were probably all like that in the Turks, until FF7. If you notice in FF7 the girl in that one was always being treated like a new member. What was her name? Elena, or something?

As for the Airship. Cid developed it, and he probably named it after himself from it's creation. The timeline of CC, Cid is still in good favor of the Shinra corporation.... he doesn't start hating on Shinra until later, when they canceled the rocket project due to all the turnovers that is happening in CC. Nah...I see no inconsitancies.

The only inconsistancy that I saw was within the orginal FF7, where Zack and Cloud being imprisoned in those testubes for over 2 years. And CC seems to iron that one out, by adding a detour.

Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

The airship was called Highwind from the get go, and if I remember it correctly, Cid helped in its design or something similar.

The only inconsistencies you may find are those regarding future events from Dirge of Cerberus, since one of the SOLDIERs who pick Genesis in the end is Weisz, leader of Underground. Which also explains why in the secret ending in Dirge of Cerberus, Genesis picks him up saying "you cant die yet".

As for inconsistencies, I couldnt find any regarding the original arc. A friend and I were suspicious about Cloud, but we read the booklet that comes with FF VII and it says he is 21 so its more understandable. As for Tseng age, we never really saw him in detail in VII to be able to figure out his age, unless you are some kind of block analyzer. Also, considering he has a more asian look, his body complexity should be more youngly than your average joe. he could have been 16 when he first visited Aerith.

ff7cloudking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 ff7cloudking
Member since 2005 • 3161 Posts
As far as inconsistencies go, there are the most between FFVII Last Order and FFVII CC. Most notably being sephiroths death and anything involving the Turks
davidiam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 davidiam
Member since 2005 • 383 Posts
Some of the illustrations of cloud in the FFVII strategy guide have his belt with the same logo as the deepground soldiers (Nero and Wiess) at the end of CC: FFVII.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura16
kenshinhimura16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 kenshinhimura16
Member since 2005 • 7009 Posts

As far as inconsistencies go, there are the most between FFVII Last Order and FFVII CC. Most notably being sephiroths death and anything involving the Turksff7cloudking

Yes, but it also comes into consideration that even in Japan, Last Order is not taken into account in the FFVII Compilation.

Crisis Core has Sephiroth death as in FF VII, done by Cloud, whereas Last Order adds an scene with Cloud talking to Tifa which actually never happened.

Shortbob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 Shortbob
Member since 2007 • 1004 Posts
All I can say is Crisis Core Rocks. Period
king_of_metal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 king_of_metal

All I can say is Crisis Core Rocks. Period Shortbob

And what does that have to do with this topic? We're looking for inconsistencies in Crisis Core and Final Fantasy VII, not discussing how much Crisis Core "rocks".

conzors

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 conzors
Member since 2007 • 87 Posts

The airship was called Highwind from the get go, and if I remember it correctly, Cid helped in its design or something similar.

The only inconsistencies you may find are those regarding future events from Dirge of Cerberus, since one of the SOLDIERs who pick Genesis in the end is Weisz, leader of Underground. Which also explains why in the secret ending in Dirge of Cerberus, Genesis picks him up saying "you cant die yet".

As for inconsistencies, I couldnt find any regarding the original arc. A friend and I were suspicious about Cloud, but we read the booklet that comes with FF VII and it says he is 21 so its more understandable. As for Tseng age, we never really saw him in detail in VII to be able to figure out his age, unless you are some kind of block analyzer. Also, considering he has a more asian look, his body complexity should be more youngly than your average joe. he could have been 16 when he first visited Aerith.

kenshinhimura16

can you explain the part with weiss and deepground a bit better?

Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
The Highwind was Cid's to begin with. Shinra took it from him. On FF7, when you are in Rocket Town and Rufus comes, Cid get's into and argument because Rufus wants to take the Tiny Bronco and IIRC he says something along the lines of "First you take my airship, now you want to take my plane" (I know I'm off). He even reiterates how Sinra took his ship when you first get the Highwind from Junon.
cabelas994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 cabelas994
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

conzors

I would appreciate that as well, but I'm sure that my problem is the fact that I haven't had a chance to break into DoC yet. I actually thought that the two soldiers that picked up Genesis in CC were Loz and Azoo from AC. If I'm mistaken, they sure as hell sound like the same voice actors...

Cloud310

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#17 Cloud310
Member since 2004 • 401 Posts

I gotta say that this game is so awesome that they can put whatever they what in it and it still be good. Sometimes its best to look past the flaws if you can even call them flaws.

staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts
[QUOTE="conzors"]

cabelas994

I would appreciate that as well, but I'm sure that my problem is the fact that I haven't had a chance to break into DoC yet. I actually thought that the two soldiers that picked up Genesis in CC were Loz and Azoo from AC. If I'm mistaken, they sure as hell sound like the same voice actors...

These voice actors are the same ones who did Weiss and Nero. W & N are Hojo's enhanced soldier project results as we saw to a degree in Nibbelheim's reactor, except as we see in Dirge, there was another massive facility of the same type below Midgar. Genesis on the other hand is Hollander's experiment, who is degrading. My guess is that Hojo saw G's potential, and decided to reverse his degrading and save him from death by having W & N retrieve him. We see that overall, this was a success, because in DoC's secret ending Genesis returns the favor of saving Weiss on the brink of death, and he is not degrading, he has a new uniform, and pretty much the most massive wing that we've seen yet, which Crisis Core suggests that the more the wing is developed, the stronger Genesis/G clones are.

Loz and Yazoo on the other hand we not even alive at the time. They were born as fragments of Sephiroth on his death. If you notice during Advent Children, each of the 3 of them act like children on several occasions. Loz calls someone "meanie", they're completely dependant on their "mother", they call Cloud "big brother", and Kadaj is kind of whiney whenever he asks where their mother is. Also, Loz considers fighting to be "playing", like a kid would. Long story short, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo did not exist in CC time.

LingerieThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 LingerieThief

Thanks for clarifying with the Highwind issue.

Also a pretty obvious one is how Cloud didnt kill Sephiroth in the Jenova chamber at Nibelheim, but only at the entrance of the reactor (in FFVII). I guess it was a deliberate mistake since they didnt want to redo the illogical entrance to a reactor in CC.

And it still bugs me that, in FFVII, Cloud wears a purple SOLDIER suit (shown in CC as SOLDIER 3rd Class if im not mistaken) but in CC, he wears a near-black suit. Wassup with that?

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Threesixtyci

yeah I noticed that too... But those two things could always be said to be memory discrepancy. For example... Square could set this all up like FFX. Where there is a group of people around some campfire recalling passed events or something around those lines. Neither of those things really effect the story.

Same goes for the scratches on the test tubes.... In FF7 if you go to the two test tubes on disk 2 there are messages about breaking out, when they get fed. (Although, I haven't finished FFCC yet, so I don't really know if this gets explained in the final cutscene or not, but I'm guessing that it doesn't. I could finish the game where I'm at now...but I chose to do the menu missions, before doing so. I'm only at 65% right now.... so, I still have a long ways to go.)

Then there is the small matter with the Shinra report of FF7....

"Escape report no. 2
Description at the time of capture.
A - Former member of SOLDIER/Number ( )
No effect could be detected from either Mako Radiation Therapy or Jenova on him
B - Regular/Number ( )
Reaction to Jenova detected."

"A" would be Zack, B is Cloud.... If Zack had no detection from either the mako radiation or Jenova.... why is it that he is not considered a pure sample and Cloud to be one? And also within FF7 and FF7CC, they constantly state that Mako radiation causes those blue eyes.... In FF7CC, Cloud is said to be Mako Poisoned/addict.... but according to the report, that's not the case. He's only effected by Jenova. Also, remember that Cloud was mistaken for a member of soldier by the president in the beginning of FF7, because of his blue eyes and there were other scenes related to his blue eyes. This is the only real plothole of FF7.... and now it complicates itself thru CC, as well, by stating that Cloud is a pure sample.

staley6565

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 staley6565
Member since 2003 • 418 Posts

Even if Cloud is wearing the Black Soldier uniform in Zack's death scene, he's wearing the right uniform in the secret ending/beginning of VII scene. Also, the reactor bombing takes place 5 years after Nibbelheim, and CC says that Zack and Cloud's breakout happened 4 years after Nibbelheim...so Cloud still has a year for his uniform to get ratty, go into disrepair etc. Another thought is that when Cloud witnesses Zack's death, he's aware of who Zack is, but when we see Tifa pick up Cloud in the train station, he seems to have relapsed a little bit back into his Mako Addiction state.

One detail that I was kind of waiting for that never happened was the explanation of the DMW. I read reviewers say that the DMW's existence was explained, but that they didn't want to spoil it. I guess I missed that detail somewhere. I was expecting some sort of scene or whatever where possibly Hojo, or Jenova working inside their bodies using cells, would copy Zack's DMW data onto Cloud, so that would explain why Cloud "didn't know things he should, and knew things he shouldn't" or however the quote from VII from Tifa went, and would also explain why Cloud was a great warrior, because he subconciously contained all of Zack's combat data as we see Hojo records several times in the lab.

Anyway, besides that, I think just the different issues with the changing area of Seph's death and stuff are minimal. I always thought that it'd be ridiculous for all the people that entered that reactor to climb down a chain and walk accross precariously placed boards.

Threesixtyci

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Threesixtyci

Actually, Jenova's mind reading and shapeshifting abilities are all explained in FF7.... in the Icicle Inn tapes of Iflana and Gast and also by Sephiroth's explaination of how Cloud was created, by Hojo.

Ifalna: "I'm all right... When the Cetra... were preparing to part with the
land they loved... That's when it appeared! It looked like... our... our dead
mothers... and our dead brothers. Showing us spectres of their past."

Gast: "Who is the person that appeared at the North Cave? I haven't any idea."

Ifalna: "That's when the one who injured the Planet... or the 'crisis from the
sky', as we call him, came. He first approached as a friend, deceived them,
and finally...... gave them the virus. The Cetra were attacked by the virus
and went mad... transforming into monsters. Then, just as he had at the
Knowlespole. He approached other Cetra clans...... infecting them with... the
virus..."

--------

Sephiroth: Five years ago you were... ...constructed by Hojo, piece by piece,
right after Nibelheim was burnt. A puppet made up of vibrant Jenova cells, her
knowledge, and the power of the Mako. An incomplete Sephiroth-clone. Not even
given a number. ...That is your reality. Ha, ha, ha......

Sephiroth: Cloud... Don't blame Tifa. The ability to change one's looks, voice,
and words, is the power of Jenova. Inside of you, Jenova has merged with Tifa's
memories, creating you. Out of Tifa's memory...... A boy named Cloud might've
just been a part of them.

Llangaly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Llangaly
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts

aye, the above explanation is very accurate.

Jenova has the ability to morph ones looks, thoughts and voice based on the memories of those around... is it just me or was Cloud extremely lucky that Tifa found him at the train station... Tifa's memories caused Jenova to morph Cloud into... well, Cloud... Think if Aerith had for some reason or another walked up, Jenova would have most certainly morphed Cloud into Zack. Just an interesting thought...

...it seems I haven't really helped the topic at all, so no, I have seen no inconsistencies in the FF7 world, but then again, I've taken to completely study everything about FF7 almost religiously so any inconsistencies I see I research and always end up finding an answer.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#25 C-Himura
Member since 2004 • 2160 Posts

I can explain the inconsistencies regarding the uniforms. Nomura stated in an interview that the original design for Soldier First Class was gonna be black and purple for Second. However, he decided to change this since they were similar, so purple was used for First and red for Second.

When Crisis Core came about, Nomura stated that he could not imagine Zack being in a red uniform, so he used the original idea, so purple went back to being the color for Second and Black went back to being the color of first.

As far as Cloud an the Soldier eyes, Cloud believed he was Zack, a member of Soldier. Jenova can modify looks, voice, memories as well as read other peoples minds. Hence, since Cloud became confused with Zack's background, Jenova modify the appearance accordingly.

Staley, as far as the DMW, remember the final battle against the soldiers, where the DMW begins to fail? That basically tells you that the DMW are Zack's memories and emotions towards these characters, that's why sometimes you see flashbacks and that's the reason why he makes the limit breaks, because he is thinking of them at the particular moment. The DMW is constantly spinning because Zack is constantly thinking about these people when he battles.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 C-Himura

Oh, about the timeline of Cloud's and Zack's escape. Originally they had escaped five years after Nibelheim.

It was changed for Before Crisis, the Japan only cell-phone game to four years. Basically, Zack's trip to Midgar takes roughly about a year, with all of the stops and such. It has never been explained exactly how far into the fourth year they escaped though, so it could mean they escaped at the begining and have been on the run for almost the entire year, or they could have also escaped by the middle or end of the fourth year.

Edit: Ok, I have re-checked my Ultimania Guide sources and it seems Zack and Cloud escaped Nibelheim towards the end of the of the fourth year, in December. Zack finally settles his fight with Genesis by Autumn of the fifth year and dies at the end of September. Cloud is found by Tifa in December and FFVII ends in the last third of January, so FFVII basically expands a timeline of roughly a month and some days.

LingerieThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LingerieThief

I just remembered. I think Cid said "First you took the space away from me, now you want to take the skies away too?"

I agree with the entrance to the reactor. That's stupid.

Thanks for clarifying the uniform issue haha.

C-Himura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 C-Himura

I just remembered. I think Cid said "First you took the space away from me, now you want to take the skies away too?"

I agree with the entrance to the reactor. That's stupid.

Thanks for clarifying the uniform issue haha.

LingerieThief

That's in reference to Rufus wanting to take the Tiny Bronco. Cid states in the game that he built the Highwind ship. I think he does as soon as they rescue Tifa from Junon, though I am not entirely positive if it happens at this exact same time. The fact that the crew responds to him probably means that this was the same people that participated in the construction and/or running of the Highwind while Cid was still involved.

And you're welcome:)

cabelas994

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#29 cabelas994
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

Loz and Yazoo on the other hand we not even alive at the time. They were born as fragments of Sephiroth on his death. If you notice during Advent Children, each of the 3 of them act like children on several occasions. Loz calls someone "meanie", they're completely dependant on their "mother", they call Cloud "big brother", and Kadaj is kind of whiney whenever he asks where their mother is. Also, Loz considers fighting to be "playing", like a kid would. Long story short, Kadaj, Loz, and Yazoo did not exist in CC time.

staley6565

Thank you for the explanation on W and N. Again, yes I know I need to play DoC. When I first watched AC, I put together all the things you said about Loz/Azoo/Khadaj, Which was why I was so confused as to why they were in CC, or so I thought they were. The voices teamed up w/ the whole "brother" comment threw me for a serious loop. Thank you, I will now log off and play DoC, because I'm a little disgusted w/ myself already for not playing it yet...

CoreoVII

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#30 CoreoVII
Member since 2007 • 1838 Posts

I can explain the inconsistencies regarding the uniforms. Nomura stated in an interview that the original design for Soldier First Class was gonna be black and purple for Second. However, he decided to change this since they were similar, so purple was used for First and red for Second.

When Crisis Core came about, Nomura stated that he could not imagine Zack being in a red uniform, so he used the original idea, so purple went back to being the color for Second and Black went back to being the color of first.

As far as Cloud an the Soldier eyes, Cloud believed he was Zack, a member of Soldier. Jenova can modify looks, voice, memories as well as read other peoples minds. Hence, since Cloud became confused with Zack's background, Jenova modify the appearance accordingly.

Staley, as far as the DMW, remember the final battle against the soldiers, where the DMW begins to fail? That basically tells you that the DMW are Zack's memories and emotions towards these characters, that's why sometimes you see flashbacks and that's the reason why he makes the limit breaks, because he is thinking of them at the particular moment. The DMW is constantly spinning because Zack is constantly thinking about these people when he battles.

C-Himura

screw the topic, you have said a mouth full here, Ive learned a ton from this even being a huge fan myself. thank you.