Cool new NGP feature idea ( litterly bring the game into your living room )

This topic is locked from further discussion.

thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

I was thinking the other day about NGP and what els they could have thrown inside it, that wouldn't cost alot but could enhance the experience greatly.

Place strong light leds on the back of the NGP, that can project all kinds of colors.

This will only work in a darker environment or dark room. but you can put it on and off whenever you want.

But it would enhance the experience for example horror games or other stuff greatly.

here are my 2 examples:

You walk on a road, in the dark. you only see a light at the end of the road shining. You walk towards it and hear noises but you cannot see much around you. So you keep walking. Then suddenly BOOM a huge lighting bolt hits a tree and the whole area gets lighted up in the game for 1 second. you see a massive amount of monsters around you at that time.

Now let those lights at the back trigger a blue/white color and let it flash at the same time that the lighting hitted that tree for example. You would see in your room / wall around your screen a flash of light. which would make it even more creepier. as the light projects itself out of the screen towards the reallife world.

You get the feeling your are really inside that story in your room.

Another example.

police:

You are driving around in a game, and a police car starts to chase you. the blue and red light from the police car gets sharper and sharper as he gets closer ( evening, so its dark in the game ) the leds on the back starts to glow more bright and bright and flikker on the same way as a police car.

You will see the light getting absorbed by your hands and reflected a bit. and you do see on your wall our outside of your device the police colors flash just like a real police car would do that.

sunshine on a large enviroment:

a rising sun rises up from the horrizon and dissapears again at the other side which makes everything dark again.

you could emmite a more stronger light and decrease it just like the son fades in your living room.

Cars:

Car races towards you, the lights become sharper and sharper, and at the end you jump to the side. ( light can be projected at the back sharper and sharper and dissapears ). Or a train or whatever.

Tunnel that got lights at the roof. that light your car up once its close towards your window and then suddently dissapear behind your car. which happens with every light as a realistic tunnel.

Now the light at the back projects the exact same thing. which makes it look like you really are driving through the tunnel. Even around you.

Shooters:

When a flash grenade got thrown right in your face the leds will flash a white color fast and strong at the back. to get the feeling that the flash actually exploded in your room.

etc etc etc.

Why wouldn't i place the leds upfront? because lights upfront is plain annoying. you will shut it up as it distracts you from your screen. But on the back it actually enhances the world to inside your living room. with relative easy stuff.

What do you think?

Its purely for home usage, when you are playing in the evening in a what darker room. So the accu doesn't get effected onto it on the go.

Coolyfett

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#2 Coolyfett
Member since 2008 • 6276 Posts
Seems like it would used battery power for this effect. There are some TV sets that use that sort of feature. Honestly the only effects Coolyfett wants to see as a gamer are the effects on the 5inch. Sony says they can pull off PS3 visuals on the new NGP, so Coolyfett would rather enjoy that look. Glad Sony is not using the 3D gimmick.
thehunter1900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 thehunter1900
Member since 2010 • 309 Posts

Seems like it would used battery power for this effect. There are some TV sets that use that sort of feature. Honestly the only effects Coolyfett wants to see as a gamer are the effects on the 5inch. Sony says they can pull off PS3 visuals on the new NGP, so Coolyfett would rather enjoy that look. Glad Sony is not using the 3D gimmick.Coolyfett

aha didn't know that. Still it will be a suck up for light rooms / battery life.

But could be a great feature to be added tho.

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts
Yeah there were TV's that had the exact same feature, never looked like it would add much to a TV to me. In some ways I think it would break the immersion, "Oh God there could be monsters anywhere, this is creeeepy *flash of light* Oh look I can see my legs under my NGP...how immersive" Plus where would you put the LED's? I suppose they could go in the top like the camera attachment on the PSP as an optional add on sort of thing.