Conan demo was TERRIBLE!

• 84 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts

- looked like a ps2 game

- graphics were really bad, didnt look nex gen at all, everything was just bland and had no colour

- gameply wasn't smooth and fluid. felt really slow and sluggish

- yes, it is a GOW wannabe

- anything else? oh yah DONT DOWNLOAD IT!

i cant believe this game, really poorly made. i didnt even hear about it till last week, and then ifind outthat the gameis almost out, it looked like it was gonna flop, however, i gave it a chance but i totally regret it.....

i actually read somewhere that some people really liked it. they either must really love conan, or they are just easily pleased....hah

Avatar image for kingtahktahkhuk
kingtahktahkhuk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 kingtahktahkhuk
Member since 2004 • 2142 Posts
yeah just finished it, it was crap, its so easy, just block and perform instant kills
mobius1979

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mobius1979
Member since 2005 • 690 Posts

yeh it sucked very badly, i still dont understand how IGN tated this game 1 full point higher than Heavenly Sword

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
wow i can't believe how much this game SUCKED! i got bored when i rescued the first idiot in the cage and i noticed how cheesy the convos were. also while i was playing i said to myself "this game is a god of war rip off". anyways this game sucks, good thing i' not planning on buying it
sa10kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 sa10kun
Member since 2007 • 4290 Posts
I think it was the premise of the game was so cool to people. An mmo based in the Conan universe with real time battling. I guess its just another case of the product not living up to the hype of the premise.
tsr__

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tsr__
Member since 2006 • 522 Posts

yeh it sucked very badly, i still dont understand how IGN tated this game 1 full point higher than Heavenly Sword

mobius1979

wth! are u serious...wow

NutZBouTChoC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 NutZBouTChoC
Member since 2006 • 76 Posts
ign'ers are giant douches i dont read there rubbish anymore GS all the waY !!! and mab some kotaku 2 :p
RabbiRambo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 RabbiRambo
Member since 2007 • 108 Posts
This is really a peace of .... something bad.
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
lol, from the first eyes-on interview i knew this game was trash i don't get why IGN would say its better than HS though, thats just madness! THIS IS MADNESS!! (lol, easy setup for next poster :P)
castlevaniaX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 castlevaniaX
Member since 2004 • 547 Posts
I downloaded it.. it really sucked.
MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#12 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts
I could only release on onf the people captured before I said "HECK NO..THIS GAME IS WACK". I wasn't even a min in.
mazdero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 mazdero
Member since 2002 • 1754 Posts
yeah, it was pretty bad. I guess the only high point is cows can try and claim ownage for a multiplat being better on the PS3 lol. Its not much, but its something lol. I compared the two, and the PS3 version is smoother.
Schumi7WDC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Schumi7WDC
Member since 2004 • 1689 Posts
I think it was the premise of the game was so cool to people. An mmo based in the Conan universe with real time battling. I guess its just another case of the product not living up to the hype of the premise.sa10kun
ken12012

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ken12012
Member since 2004 • 309 Posts
Heh, so it's good i didn't bother downlading the demo, huh?
danjammer69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#16 danjammer69
Member since 2004 • 4331 Posts

Yea, I found this game rather lame for 2007.

It looked like a PS2 game that was upscaled. The melee was worthless and unsatisfying. No thanks.

tryfe_lyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 41

#17 tryfe_lyn
Member since 2005 • 4122 Posts
Haven't played the demo yet, but it seemed like a good button mashy type of game...I'll check it out later tonight...
XxICExX2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 XxICExX2
Member since 2007 • 66 Posts

It wasn't that bad I mean it was ok. Good Combo system, I don't know about the graphics because I play on a standard tv. Not an HD tv they did look a little weak I really noticed it in the firstcutscene the chick in it looked really plain.

Did anyone else feel that the first guy you save looks like Kratos. He has that ash skin color and Red paint on his head. Just throwing that out there.

So yeah just enjoy the demo they are not making you buy it.

JKnaperek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 JKnaperek
Member since 2006 • 2023 Posts
Yup. The game sucked...horribly. As soon as you start the voices don't even match up with the mouth movements. Garbage. The graphics are subpar for characters, the waterfall in the background looked like crap. The gameplay was boring. The enemy AI was horrible. They would walk circles around you if you don't attack them, kinda stupid. Rescuing the same exact person 4 times from a crate was stupid. On a side note......Ratchet and Clank demo kicked ass!!! Poor Conan.
Large_Soda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#20 Large_Soda
Member since 2003 • 8658 Posts

I think it was the premise of the game was so cool to people. An mmo based in the Conan universe with real time battling. I guess its just another case of the product not living up to the hype of the premise.sa10kun

Dude, you're confusing Conan with Age of Conan: Hyborian Adventures. That is the MMO.

AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 AlienOverlord
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts
The opening cut scene was really bad, I thought they must be trying to capture some sort of feeling from the ealier work of conan but I didn't like it at all, especially after seeing the faces in HS. However, I thought the combat was fun, you can pick up a second sword and chop peoples arms off, that was fun. I might even play it again to see if i can find new ways to dismember people.
finalfantasy94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 finalfantasy94
Member since 2004 • 27442 Posts
WOW I guess I was the only one who liked it. I found it fun. Proboly not buy worty, but still a really fun game.
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
to the people complaining about the graphics i thought they were cool because i now when i played the game was done hand drawn. there is spot that the hand drawn to give it a book picture feel. i thought it was a 7 game so far which is good but not great. i think everyone didn't now it was most of the game was hand drawn on purpose. i think playing the full game will be better. i will rent this game not buy it until maybe it is greatest hits.
razzkazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 razzkazz
Member since 2004 • 730 Posts
Whoa, I am really surprised to see everyone bashthis game so much, I really enjoyed the demo. I didn't expect the crazy amount of gore, the first time I chopped a guy's arms off I was blown away. Then after that I had a blastrunning around dismembering everyone,when it ended Ireally wanted more.I don't like hack and slash games at all, but I definitely enjoyed this demo more than the demo for Heavenly Sword. I don't know if I'll buy the game but I'm definitely gonna rent it and play through it. Did anyone else have fun with this demo??
VONFREYER

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 VONFREYER
Member since 2002 • 25 Posts
It's defiantly old school Conan art style from the 60's and 70's. As a hard core fan of the Conan universe. (- the movies ) I really liked it. it's no GOW but it's going to be fun in it's own since. i was just trying to figure out if it's better on the PS3 or the 360. i have both systems and demos but with a 1080I TV so i can't tell really (ps3 drops to 480P). it seams like the PS3 loads faster and also has a little more detail. both run smooth though.
raystorm87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 raystorm87
Member since 2006 • 165 Posts

totally agree with you guys this game is so crappy and cheap

connan + jericho = %$@%^!%*&

Nerissa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Nerissa
Member since 2003 • 930 Posts
I can't believe this game demo was even on the same page as Ratchet & Clank :P
davedouble16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 davedouble16
Member since 2005 • 724 Posts
Its pretty bad...the voice acting it terrible!
Ablasio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Ablasio
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

Me I liked it, ok the graphics are not the best I've seen but the gameplay is very cool and violent. Yes the color were dull but this the Hyborian Age, not Alice in Wonderland. Negative point: the story seem average, far from the quality of Robert E. Howard stories. But I prefered this game to Heavenly Sword.

Avatar image for johnnythegamer2
johnnythegamer2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 johnnythegamer2
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts

lol, from the first eyes-on interview i knew this game was trash i don't get why IGN would say its better than HS though, thats just madness! THIS IS MADNESS!! (lol, easy setup for next poster :P)americahellyeah

Madness? THIS IS SPARTA ~ Nariko

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#32 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts
I always thought the game was going to be crap, and man when I played that demo...I sure as hell was right...It was awful.
merkyman2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 merkyman2005
Member since 2005 • 62 Posts

Haven't played it yet, downloaded it and will try it later tonite, but if the reports are correct then I won't expect much from this demo, and will be deleted soon, to make space for future demos.

AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts

yeah just finished it, it was crap, its so easy, just block and perform instant killskingtahktahkhuk

that game was so trashy. No one but the clueless causual gamer will get it. Idk wat THQ was thinking when they made it.

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#35 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
It took 6 hours to download and then I tried to install it and it said error and I was pissed. I guess it was a blessing!
Truvietplaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Truvietplaya
Member since 2003 • 659 Posts
I thought it was.....ok. I have a reserve on it just in case I heard something good come out of it. But hearing all the comments on here I might as well push it on another title thats worth $60.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
preeach brother. my thoughts exactly
brandeni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 brandeni
Member since 2003 • 368 Posts

Yeah I played it too it sucked big time. The combat is very sucky, one of those games where you are bashing your controller trying to escape the un-escapable as you watch a guy perform combo's on you with no way to counter. It seriously is a HUGE step backwards for the genre, no way near next-gen.

My guess is this was started for the PS2 or something then switched to PS3.

DirtyRotten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 DirtyRotten
Member since 2002 • 814 Posts
Can't say I was too impressed either, I'm sure theres more fun to be had than the crap level that was chosen for the demo. Way too linear and that layer of grey on the screen that would sometimes vanish made the already muddy textures look worse. I can look past subpar graphics as long as theres some fun gameplay but even with the all the moves and styles you can use it felt too sloppy and the audio seemed to still need some tweaking, plus whats the deal with objects,weapons,and even bodies getting stuck in mid-air? I'll rent it or pick it up some day when it's cheaper but with the amount of other games coming out I'm not really interested as I was when I first heard about the game.
zidura

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 zidura
Member since 2003 • 341 Posts

This is a different Conan game -- you're confusing it with Conan: Age of Hyboria. The MMO Conan won't be out for a while yet. This Conan is just your basic action hack n slash game.

coldkill19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 coldkill19
Member since 2007 • 1658 Posts
a HS and GOW ripoff.
KrazyC18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 KrazyC18
Member since 2006 • 1535 Posts
i agree...didnt read ur reasons, but i just didnt like it at ALL!!
Liquid-Prince

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 Liquid-Prince
Member since 2007 • 2277 Posts
DEFINITLY IS NOT A PURCHASE BUT: if you press bloack right before they attack you, you do a crazy ass counter and they look really violent and are entertaining.
henry4th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#44 henry4th
Member since 2003 • 1180 Posts

mobius1979

What? IGN did that? That's furious! The Conan game's animation sucked so bad! If you have Conan running a circle and suddenly stops him, you will see animation skipping as if the character just magically appeared from one position to another.

If you run toward the camera when you just come into the playable area during the demo, the camera will shake so bad that your head will become dizzy.

And the graphics is worse than ps2 games...

And the combat is so bad, the combo is super limited and once you get chopped, you can't counter. And there's no enemy AI whatsoever.

good lord, if this game is 1 point higher than heavenly sword, then IGN has lost its mind.

Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts
one of the worst demo ever. I'll play HS anyday.
Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#46 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts
The first thing I noticed was how poor some of the animations and graphics were. But the game itself is a definate rental...at best. I might just avoid it all together because I'm saving my money for a ton of better games this holiday season. The fact that Ign thinks this is better than Hs is sinful.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#47 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

lol, from the first eyes-on interview i knew this game was trash i don't get why IGN would say its better than HS though, thats just madness! THIS IS MADNESS!! (lol, easy setup for next poster :P)americahellyeah

THIS IS SPARTA! *Kick*

But yeah, this game sucked more than mold being gagged down your mouth. I find it funny that they went for the Heavenly Sword route by doing a fatal counter....

e_stone001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 e_stone001
Member since 2007 • 1769 Posts

The demo was easy and I really didn't like it and felt that it was a waste of time downloading this demo.

justin_06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 justin_06
Member since 2006 • 782 Posts
This demo is a joke. From the looks of it, this game will be very repetative. The whole time i was playing i kept asking myself..."why would a company release a demo that was this bad?" i was more interested in this game before i played the demo, which is the oppisite of what a demo should do.
excelR83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 excelR83
Member since 2003 • 2932 Posts
Super cheesy game, but to be honest I was expecting worse. The graphics are crap, the voice acting is terrible, and the gameplay is a total GOW clone, down to the last button, but the "300" elements when you kill a guy are awesome. It's a demo I will have fun with but not a game I'd ever pay more than 3-4 dollars for.