Cloverfield and Resistance: FoM, *SPOILERS*

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nears_puzzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 0

#1 Nears_puzzle
Member since 2006 • 133 Posts

THIS TOPIC CONTAINS SPOILERS FROM THE NEW MOVIE "CLOVERFIELD".

**SPOILERS**

Hey,

I, being someone who is soon to buy PS3, know a ton about the PS3 and its' games and I was just wondering if anyone else who saw the movie "Cloverfield" felt as if the monsters came straight out of Resistance: Fall of Man. As soon as you saw the creature, I pictured the movie like the video game, due to its' sleek movements and long, skinny legs as well as the shape of its mouth.

Thoughts?

**END SPOILERS**

P.S. If you haven't seen this movie yet, please do so.

The_Waffler14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 The_Waffler14
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts
Hole crap yes! That's exactly what I tought to. The monster looked exactly like a giant Chimera.
the_randomhero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 the_randomhero
Member since 2006 • 47 Posts
Totally! I was about to create a post like this, but you beat me to it. Anyways, yeah first thing I thought of when I saw the monster was Resistance.
shroom76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 shroom76
Member since 2007 • 1764 Posts

threads have already been made on this.

mayb the monster is that huge giant worm that digs in front of you randomly in the tunnels level and you never see what it is.

that bothered me about resistance, mainly because it scared the crap out of me

Avatar image for Ratchetbuddy101
Ratchetbuddy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#5 Ratchetbuddy101
Member since 2006 • 6098 Posts

Nears_puzzle

I agree with you on the similarity between the Monster in Cloverfield and a Chimera in Resistance, but no offense, did you really enjoy Cloverfield? I thought it was horrible. Especially the so-called "ending".

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
anyone want to post a picture of this lookalike
Avatar image for bob_the_can_man
bob_the_can_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 bob_the_can_man
Member since 2007 • 605 Posts
It was obviously stolen straight from SIN in FFX.
mountain_duwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 mountain_duwe
Member since 2007 • 1636 Posts

First of all, I loved the movie--wrote a review on my blog if you're wondering why...

...and yeah, the monster did look like a Chimera. I could see 'Clover' being a boss in Resistance 2 :P j/k...

Nears_puzzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nears_puzzle
I actually thought the ending was much better than them resolving the story such as War of the Worlds, of something like that. I feel as if they made a reasonable and realistic ending, and I thought it was a thrill ride the entire way through. I'm glad there were more people who saw a resemblance between the movie and R:FoM.
hellknight8619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 hellknight8619
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
i thought the exact same thing, especially at the end!! the head of the monster looked so much like a chimera head!!
Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#11 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

It was obviously stolen straight from SIN in FFX.bob_the_can_man

That's what my friend and I were saying at work :lol: Complete ripoff.

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts
lol. While we were watching the movie, my friend whispered to me, "They took that right from Resistance." :P So true.
lorenzojr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 lorenzojr78
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

Chimera resistance

Chimera from resistance

Hububalub2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Hububalub2
Member since 2007 • 1922 Posts
I really wanna see what the Cloverfield monster looks like, I can't find a pic or vid anywhere!

P.S. I refuse to watch the movie :p
giancarlo_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 giancarlo_11
Member since 2006 • 1300 Posts

******SPOILERS ABOUt THE MOVIE*******

For the people who saw it, yes it did remind me of the aliens from Resistance, especially the little the smaller creatures. One thing i dont understand is the reason why the monster thing is there. Some of the viral stuff i saw said it was caused by us or has been on earth for a long time. BUT, at the end of the movie where Rob and Beth are on the ferris wheel, u see something splash in the water from the sky. Is it an alien or what???? And after the credits u hear some talking, if played backwards it says something like "It's still alive." so hopefully theres another movie. And did u think there were more then one monster attcking the city? Cause the one at the end wasnt as big as the first one u see.

***End Spoilers***

By the way, i LOVED this movie. I loved the camera work and it made it feel like u were there and made the movie more intence. Loved it and everyone should go see it.

______

Nears_puzzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Nears_puzzle

**SPOILERS**

Holy crap, I noticed the splash in the water too!! I was looking for something because they hung the camera at that angle and I thought I saw something, but I totally forgot about it. If you go to ign.com, you can see their interpretation with all the other mini-sites that may describe what is going on. And I was wondering if there was more than one as well, but I don't think there was. Just the little crawlers and one big monster, the mini-sites suggest that the company Rob was supposed to go to may have dropped off the alien or some how created it. I definitely have to see it again now, sweet.

**END SPOILERS**

giancarlo_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 giancarlo_11

**SPOILERS**

And did u no at the endafter the credits u hear some talking. U dont understand it but if u search around on the internet the people are saying "Its still alive." I actually didnt see the water thing i mentioned but i no about it.

End spoilers*

lorenzojr78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 lorenzojr78
Member since 2006 • 189 Posts

Cloverfield Monster

is this what the Cloverfield Monster looks like?

ANUBIS209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 ANUBIS209
Member since 2005 • 258 Posts
I gotta see that movie again its such a great movie and i will be owning it fosho and about the ferris wheel i didnt notice anything dropped in the ocean from the sky mustve missed it but other than that, the monster did look alot like a chimera especially those little ones they look alike like the ones that has the laser pointers that crawl on the walls
giancarlo_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 giancarlo_11
^^Oopps, i already mentioned that lol:P
giancarlo_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 giancarlo_11

I really want to watch this movie again. Man its soooo good. I love how intence it is and how u know as much as the character knows. This is the first movie i have seen that made my heart beat and actually made me tence up.

giancarlo_11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 giancarlo_11
and to whoever posted the pic of that creature. The cloverfield monster looks nothing like that.
SpYkMo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 SpYkMo
Member since 2006 • 393 Posts

i saw it tonight and it was really good. the ending deffinately leaves the possibility for a sequel, and if they dont do 1 i'd be dissapointed. just dont do it all blair witch'ish. when the dude was running around at times, it was killing my eye and giving me a headache, so i hope they don't do it as a video camera perspective again.

i didnt think of the resistance similarities till after the movie , as it ended i thought "that'd be a kick ass video game" then on the drive home, i was thinking that WAS a kick ass video game

dewmandew7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#24 dewmandew7
Member since 2005 • 4152 Posts

******SPOILERS ABOUt THE MOVIE*******

For the people who saw it, yes it did remind me of the aliens from Resistance, especially the little the smaller creatures. One thing i dont understand is the reason why the monster thing is there. Some of the viral stuff i saw said it was caused by us or has been on earth for a long time. BUT, at the end of the movie where Rob and Beth are on the ferris wheel, u see something splash in the water from the sky. Is it an alien or what???? And after the credits u hear some talking, if played backwards it says something like "It's still alive." so hopefully theres another movie. And did u think there were more then one monster attcking the city? Cause the one at the end wasnt as big as the first one u see.

***End Spoilers***

By the way, i LOVED this movie. I loved the camera work and it made it feel like u were there and made the movie more intence. Loved it and everyone should go see it.

______

giancarlo_11

Oh really? My friends and I waited until the end of the credits to see if anything happened, and all we heard was a an incoherent voice and static... I will have to tell them this!

Nears_puzzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Nears_puzzle

**MEGA SPOILERS**

That picture looks nothing like the Cloverfield monster. The monster is a massive creature, who ports smaller creatures almost spider-chimera like all over its' body, and walks on all four legs. The legs are very skinny, and slant into a elongated back, in which two smaller arms hang. For the head, the most interesting part, the creature has huge, once again chimera-like teeth and have, from what I can see, some form of oxygen intake through/next to its' eyes. Now, you must imagine this creature is massive, but its' not Godzilla like at all because Godzilla is a very "big" monster, and basically looks like a humanoid lizard. The designer of the creature definitely took some time in making an awesome, and some-what unique creature.

**END MEGA SPOILERS**

lionelb22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 lionelb22
Member since 2003 • 387 Posts
Hole crap yes! That's exactly what I tought to. The monster looked exactly like a giant Chimera.The_Waffler14
ReV2ReD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ReV2ReD
Member since 2006 • 95 Posts

Yeah I saw that movie tonight...thought it was awesome. A lot better than I thought it would be, anyway (I actually didn't want to see it, but some friends were going and persuaded me to come along).

**SPOILER WARNING**

The thing that is bugging me about the movie is the part when that one chick (the one that Hud is crushing on) gets bit. They go to that military hospital and some doctor screams "She's been bitten!" and they take here into a plastic room and the chick explodes or something. Are those things like Aliens (you know, the Sigourney Weaver films). Do they use other organisms to incubate their young and then their offspring bursts out of the host organism? Or maybe it just some sort of crazy reaction to the bite, I don't know. I just would have liked them to explain that one.

I thought the ending was great. I mean you pretty much knew from the beginning that everyone would die when it said that the camera was recovered from Central Park. As far as explanation; I don't think the movie really needed one. Big monsters don't need any motive for destroying New York, it's just what they do. I enjoyed how it did the whole "home video" thing. It was like Blair Witch meets Godzilla. Personally I felt that the approach was really engrossing and intense. The special effects were pretty impressive compared to the B movie grade effects that I was expecting.

YoungGun333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 YoungGun333
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts

This is probably just some coincidence but look at the bottom of this page. Look at the address for the tournament producer.

http://tourney.myresistance.net/

ANUBIS209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 ANUBIS209

SUPER MEGA SPOILER

The Whole Story from the movie

The film consists of segments of video, presented as events recorded on a handheld video camera by characters in the story. Scenes taken prior to the main sequence appear as if they were segments left from a previous use of the tape. Text displayed at the beginning of the film identifies it as classified material recovered from a site which was once Central Park (now referred to as "Incident Site U.S. 447"), designated "Cloverfield". Additionally, a DHARMA Initiative logo appears in the corner of the screen for a moment.

In the opening sequence, Rob (Michael Stahl-David) playfully records Beth (Odette Yustman), apparently after a happy night spent together. The video then cuts to a month later; Rob's younger brother Jason (Mike Vogel) and his girlfriend Lily (Jessica Lucas), are planning a surprise going-away party for Rob, who has accepted a business position in Japan. Jason gives the camera to Rob's best friend Hudson "Hud" (T. J. Miller), to document Rob's last night in America. Beth comes to the party as well, but she brings a date with her, much to the surprise of Rob. At the party, Hud spends most of the time recording messages from party guests to Rob wishing him luck in Japan, while spending the rest of the time trying to grab the attention of a new acquaintance Marlena (Lizzy Caplan). It's revealed that Rob recently slept with Beth, despite being only friends, which complicates their relationship just before he leaves the country. After a confrontation between the two, she leaves the party with her date.

Rob is talking with Jason and Hud out on the balcony about how much he loves Beth when suddenly, the building shakes, a loud noise is heard, and the power temporarily fails. From the roof, the party-goers see a huge explosion in the distance, with debris striking the building. The main characters flee to the street, where the head of the Statue of Liberty lands, as further explosions and a gigantic creature are glimpsed in the distance. Rob, Jason, Lily, Hud, and Marlena try to leave Manhattan via the Brooklyn Bridge, but suddenly stop when Rob gets a call from Beth, injured and trapped in her Midtown apartment. Jason is killed when the creature destroys the bridge.

US Military ground forces arrive on the scene, battling the huge menace and the dog-sized spider-like creatures it is dropping. Rob resolves to rescue Beth, and the three others reluctantly join him as the situation becomes chaotic. They are attacked by the smaller creatures in a subway tunnel and Marlena is badly bitten. They stumble upon a military field hospital, where Marlena's body rapidly bleeds and causes her to explode. With information about how they can evacuate by helicopter in advance of the planned bombing of Manhattan, the surviving friends continue their effort to reach Beth.

They climb to Beth's apartment in her nearly-toppled high-rise, where they find her badly injured but still alive. Together they make their way to the evacuation site, where Lily is placed in the last seat of a departing helicopter. Rob, Beth, and Hud board another helicopter, where they witness an air-to-ground assault on the monster, which lashes out and strikes their craft, causing it to crash in Central Park. The three survive the crash, but Hud is soon chewed up and killed by the monster. Rob and Beth quickly grab the camera and take shelter under a bridge, where they each briefly address anyone who might find the camera. Civil defense sirens begin to sound and an explosion collapses the bridge, partially covering the camera in rubble. Rob and Beth can be heard expressing their feelings for each other before a second explosion occurs that covers the camera completely in rubble. It is left unclear whether either the monster or the two remaining protagonists survive the final attack depicted.

The final scene returns to footage from the month before, in which Rob and Beth enjoy a date at Coney Island, happy and carefree, while in the distance something falls out of the sky and splashes into the water, unnoticed. The film ends with Beth stating with a smile, "I had a great day."

At the end of the movie's credits, a short audio clip is played. The exact words spoken are a topic of debate.

nippon_gamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#30 nippon_gamer
Member since 2005 • 928 Posts

This is probably just some coincidence but look at the bottom of this page. Look at the address for the tournament producer.

YoungGun333

or is it thun thun thaa

ANUBIS209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 ANUBIS209

i saw it tonight and it was really good. the ending deffinately leaves the possibility for a sequel, and if they dont do 1 i'd be dissapointed. just dont do it all blair witch'ish. when the dude was running around at times, it was killing my eye and giving me a headache, so i hope they don't do it as a video camera perspective again.

Look at what they did with Blair Witch 2 it flopped big time compare to the first one it made you felt you were there with them and thats exactly how i felt with this movie if you feel it you would like it

i didnt think of the resistance similarities till after the movie , as it ended i thought "that'd be a kick ass video game" then on the drive home, i was thinking that WAS a kick ass video game

SpYkMo
candid_llama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 candid_llama
Member since 2007 • 315 Posts
The larger one, didnt look anything like a chimera(i understand about the armor and poop), and the smaller ones reminded me more of the antlions in Hl2.
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#33 PeterTimpa
Member since 2005 • 2509 Posts
I saw it thursday night @ midnight with a group of friends great movie. JJ ABRAMS is a genuis. I thought that the little creatures falling off the big one was were likr the tiny chimera. But the big one was huge and as soon as the big one appeared I turned to my friend and we both said resistance together. Also people were getting infected just like in the game
mountain_duwe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#34 mountain_duwe
Member since 2007 • 1636 Posts

YoungGun333

That is a coincidence. The movie was codenamed 'Cloverfield' because JJ Abrams' "Bad Robot" studios is located on that same street, Cloverfield Boulevard in Santa Monica. 'Cloverfield' was an in-house codename for the movie but once it was leaked to the internet, the name stuck.

PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 PeterTimpa

on a side note I read some of yall's post talking about a sequel. I doubt JJ Abrams would do that. I think there could be an alternate ending or leave it like how it is and make you think. I mean he is the creator of LOST

spoiler

SPOILER

SPOILER

Real monster dont look

PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PeterTimpa
[QUOTE="YoungGun333"]

mountain_duwe

That is a coincidence. The movie was codenamed 'Cloverfield' because JJ Abrams' "Bad Robot" studios is located on that same street, Cloverfield Boulevard in Santa Monica. 'Cloverfield' was an in-house codename for the movie but once it was leaked to the internet, the name stuck.

Very intersting info thanks. Sounds like why Family Guy's Star Wars is called Blue Harvest. That was the code name for Retun of the Jedi on set so people wouldnt go on the set
Cornerstore

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cornerstore
Member since 2006 • 2137 Posts
Here is the real monster before CGI

http://www.horror-movies.ca/Forum/viewtopic.php?id=7878

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts

on a side note I read some of yall's post talking about a sequel. I doubt JJ Abrams would do that. I think there could be an alternate ending or leave it like how it is and make you think. I mean he is the creator of LOST

spoiler

SPOILER

SPOILER

Real monster dont look

PeterTimpa
that's it? Good thing i didn't go and watch the movie just to see that
PeterTimpa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 PeterTimpa
[QUOTE="PeterTimpa"]

spoiler

SPOILER

SPOILER

Real monster dont look

Sk8ter_213

that's it? Good thing i didn't go and watch the movie just to see that

Thats probably 1/4 the size of it. It really is giant and it has a huge tail

expanded

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 expanded
Member since 2003 • 8430 Posts

mm the drawings of the monster looks pretty different from chimera.. but the movie made it look like one

ANUBIS209

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 ANUBIS209
the scene where Hud dies and with the only better look of the monster he kinda looks like a praying mantis with the long arms and huge eyes only its not eyes its probably its gills to breath
Avatar image for TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
TOTAL_DEFENSE_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#42 TOTAL_DEFENSE_0
Member since 2007 • 1192 Posts
[QUOTE="Nears_puzzle"]

Ratchetbuddy101

I agree with you on the similarity between the Monster in Cloverfield and a Chimera in Resistance, but no offense, did you really enjoy Cloverfield? I thought it was horrible. Especially the so-called "ending".

agreed. it was pretty ok but the camera angle killed it badly
snipe2004

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 snipe2004
Member since 2007 • 1872 Posts
lol i had the exact same thought even the spider looking creatures had resemblance the only thing missing was nathan hale. the movie was really crappy imo
YoungGun333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 YoungGun333
Member since 2006 • 80 Posts
I thought that it looked more like those huge, monsters from Resistance, the ones that blow up when you kill them. Now that someone said that the studio and that sony rep are on the same street, maybe they used them as a guide to their monster.