• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Audi__R_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Audi__R_8
Member since 2009 • 135 Posts
what ever you do do not install linux its worthless and can damage your ps3 and if you do want to install linux make sure you get a professional to deal with it that way your ps3 and linux wil both be safe
DoomZaW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#2 DoomZaW
Member since 2007 • 6475 Posts

How does it damage the PS3 to make a partition of the HDD?

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 kiraburu
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts

tell us, how was your experience with it?? what did you do wrong?

thexphact0r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 thexphact0r
Member since 2004 • 458 Posts

Yes, I'm curious about this as well. I installed Ubuntu with no problems a couple years ago on my PS3 and while it was more of a fun thing to do while I was bored (sad I know), i didn't really run into anything.

kiraburu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kiraburu
Member since 2008 • 537 Posts

Yes, I'm curious about this as well. I installed Ubuntu with no problems a couple years ago on my PS3 and while it was more of a fun thing to do while I was bored (sad I know), i didn't really run into anything.

thexphact0r

but it was running smooth??or feel like and old pc running vista??i say cause the lack of RAM maybe. I have not tried to do this cos that, despite i wanted to run some emulator of old consoles and to install .mkv codecs but with the ps3mediaserver transcoding 720P well from my pc theres no need no more.-

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Furi-Kun
Member since 2007 • 10903 Posts

It would be nice if people also explained themselves when they make a post. It's pointless to make a thread and no one knows how to help or what you're talking about.

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
That's ridiculous. This guy doesn't know what he's saying.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts

It would be nice if people also explained themselves when they make a post. It's pointless to make a thread and no one knows how to help or what you're talking about.

Furi-Kun
This exactly. Guy: BEWARE!!! Stay out of that room. People: OMG Why? What's in there? Guy: Just stay out. Kthxbye. People: :|
robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 robertmac_33
Member since 2004 • 849 Posts

I notice that there is no response from the original poster...hmmm

Audi__R_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Audi__R_8
no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me
Rattlesnake_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

#11 Rattlesnake_8
Member since 2004 • 18452 Posts
[QUOTE="Furi-Kun"]

RotaryRX7
This exactly. Guy: BEWARE!!! Stay out of that room. People: OMG Why? What's in there? Guy: Just stay out. Kthxbye. People: :|

And of course people will then enter the room cause they are curious. Maybe he actually wants people to install Linux?
Wild_Card

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#12 Wild_Card
Member since 2005 • 4034 Posts
[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me

Hmmm after trying to read your post i think i may have found out what went wrong :/
Audi__R_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Audi__R_8

gwan den what du u think went wrong

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me Audi__R_8

My IQ just dropped 10 points ..

mrmusicman247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 mrmusicman247
Member since 2008 • 17601 Posts

[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me CanadianCR

My IQ just dropped 10 points ..

15 for mine..
Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Furi-Kun

gwan den what du u think went wrong

Audi__R_8

Are you speakingPatois?

1337h4xx0rz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 1337h4xx0rz
Member since 2008 • 314 Posts

no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me Audi__R_8

Ok...

I've read this post at least 8 times, and I cant understand a single thing this guy is saying.

Can someone please help?

Does anyone speak this ridiculous language he is speaking?

Furi-Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Furi-Kun

No, I did everything right but it's just that some guy I know did it and it ends up f**** up his PS3. I tried it myself and half way through it was working fine when it was turned on. I turned it off and when I came back home I tried to play on it when it ended up freezing like 3 or 4 times and it restarted itself. It's ok but for me there is no point. I think people have the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn't be confusing other people like me, but anyways it worked fine for me.

I tried my best to translate that.:lol:

stevencavagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 stevencavagan
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

I've just wasted three minutes of my life reading this thread and I am actually dumber for doing so.

Audi__R_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Audi__R_8

that is english language but the only thing is i am writing it in short to save me some time dont you people ever have mobiles fones where you

would write evrythink short where as now im am writing standerd english

jesus crist someone help me out:roll:

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 robertmac_33

I hate text speak, it takes me twice as long to decipher it than a normal written message does. I know its a forum and not an English class, but the word is Standard English... not Standerd! There is a spell check option you know ;)

kraken2109

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 kraken2109
Member since 2009 • 13271 Posts

[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me Furi-Kun

No, I did everything right but it's just that some guy I know did it and it ends up f**** up his PS3. I tried it myself and half way through it was working fine when it was turned on. I turned it off and when I came back home I tried to play on it when it ended up freezing like 3 or 4 times and it restarted itself. It's ok but for me there is no point. I think people have the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn't be confusing other people like me, but anyways it worked fine for me.

I tried my best to translate that.:lol:

Thank you so much! I couldn't have managed without you!
idk761

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#24 idk761
Member since 2008 • 3229 Posts
I think he is a 12 year old kid who has a 360 and is trolling.
touchyourtoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 touchyourtoes
Member since 2009 • 626 Posts

that is english language but the only thing is i am writing it in short to save me some time dont you people ever have mobiles fones where you

Audi__R_8
That's all well and good bud, but even with text style writing you can make things legible. To answer your question though, no Linux will not brick your PS3, why would Sony let you do something that could potentially cost them money (ie. still under warranty). The only thing that will brick your system is something that's going to brick it regardless of OS installed.
BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

I know nothing whatsoever about Linux and I managed to install it without any problems at all :?

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 robertmac_33

I know nothing whatsoever about Linux and I managed to install it without any problems at all :?

BZSIN

On a side note...sort of... What version of Linux did you install? Suse? Red Hat? Or can you only install a certain version that's PS3 specific?

BZSIN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 BZSIN
Member since 2005 • 7889 Posts

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

robertmac_33

On a side note...sort of... What version of Linux did you install? Suse? Red Hat? Or can you only install a certain version that's PS3 specific?

I installed YDL 5.0. There are other versions you can install but I'm not really the person to be able to tell you which ones. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be able to give you an answer :)

Nephilim83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#29 Nephilim83
Member since 2008 • 4378 Posts
[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]

Even here you aren't using standard English. You're not just making words shorter, either. Some of them you're just mispelling. There's nothing shorter about typing the fone instead of phone. It just makes whoever typed it look illiterate. I'm just saying this, becase if you want people too head your advise or help you out they need to be able to understand what you're trying to say. Obviously, a lot of us don't really understand a bunch of shortened or misspelled words. ;)
Turduckendear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 Turduckendear
Member since 2009 • 147 Posts
[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]what ever you do do not install linux its worthless and can damage your ps3 and if you do want to install linux make sure you get a professional to deal with it that way your ps3 and linux wil both be safe

I don't get how you go from this^ to this ~~> gwan den what du u think went wrong... to me that seems like two diff people are writing that. I would agree that this is definitely a troll with no real evidence to support his thread. Plz Mr. Audi, dont sprd Lnx roomrs, Thx.
robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 robertmac_33

[QUOTE="robertmac_33"]

[QUOTE="BZSIN"]

BZSIN

I installed YDL 5.0. There are other versions you can install but I'm not really the person to be able to tell you which ones. I'm sure someone with more knowledge than me will be able to give you an answer :)

Cool thanks man, next :) are there any real advantages to having it installed on your system? I've been toying with the idea of getting it installed for a while now. Just want to know if there are any major benefits of doing so? Cheers!

edge426723

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#32 edge426723
Member since 2008 • 208 Posts

how bought some comments on how it is harmful?

Audi__R_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Audi__R_8

for your information im 19 and ive gt an ps3 so keep your mouth shut

and im careless with my writing when it is not important becuase i do not want to be typing all day

and i have just installed linux so yeh it is pretty good so really i dont know what that guy was onabout becuase as far as i am aware my ps3 is working fine

and that guy was just chating a load of bull wich i should not of listend to that guy im using ydl 8.10

robertmac_33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 robertmac_33

How can you start a post stating that

...what ever you do do not install linux its worthless and can damage your ps3...Audi__R_8

then going on to say

...no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me...Audi__R_8

Then finish up with

...i have just installed linux so yeh it is pretty good so really i dont know what that guy was onabout becuase as far as i am aware my ps3 is working fine

and that guy was just chating a load of bull wich i should not of listend to that guy im using ydl 8.10...

Audi__R_8

Im not sure what point you are trying to get across?

Linux sucks and bricks your PS3?

Or someone else installed it on their PS3 which got bricked?

Or there is nothing wrong with installing it an in actual fact the other guy was talking out of the hole is his @$$?

I think you need to be more specific in future in order to get your point across properly

Audi__R_8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Audi__R_8

wel mi linux works fine i got told by a few people that they sed to me they did thier linux and it fuked thier ps3 up n dint kno how to get back to

playing games again

so i gt the information got evrything i neede n took a risk coz ive gt 2 year garuntee

i did it it wokred fine

so i went back to those few people n told n they did it poperly this time as last time they did it wrong thats why

t3rr18l3one

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 t3rr18l3one
Member since 2005 • 95 Posts

Are you some kind of idiot?? Why don't you type normally 100% of the time!! Ppl lyk u enfurry8 mei

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#37 Diddies
Member since 2007 • 2415 Posts

what ever you do do not install linux its worthless and can damage your ps3 and if you do want to install linux make sure you get a professional to deal with it that way your ps3 and linux wil both be safe Audi__R_8
Well...I am very knowledgable about computers and have worked with LINUX before so I am not scared if I wanted to do this. This is just you (someone not knowing what they are doing) trying to do this.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Diddies

And you writing like that is some times hard to understand. Please type English. lol Maybe I should just leave this pointless thread.

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Diddies

Audi__R_8

Well...no I don't even write short on my cell phone because I have an iPhone so I have a full keyboard. And another question...is this your mobile phone? If not...then don't type like it is.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 29121994
Member since 2008 • 1166 Posts

i think you must've done something wrong because i know people who installed ubuntu just fine onto their ps3 and it works just fine for them, so you and your friend must've done something very wrong

GANGSTASAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#42 GANGSTASAN
Member since 2006 • 2249 Posts

ya gna make me ya fuking idiot keep ya self to ur self yeh n keep out of other people busines ir your sum big timer wich ur clearly nt ya daft **** do1 get a life

Audi__R_8
Lol, any chance you from Birmingham?
hyperkass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 hyperkass
Member since 2009 • 938 Posts

i didnt even plan to do it to my ps3... whyd you even bother, like honestly, just use your computer your going on gamespot with, no ?

Diddies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Diddies

for your information im 19 and ive gt an ps3 so keep your mouth shut

and im careless with my writing when it is not important becuase i do not want to be typing all day

and i have just installed linux so yeh it is pretty good so really i dont know what that guy was onabout becuase as far as i am aware my ps3 is working fine

and that guy was just chating a load of bull wich i should not of listend to that guy im using ydl 8.10

Audi__R_8

Please writecorrect ENGLISH!! If you plan on staying around here and people respecting your opinion. Please write well.

sunsetcrakcer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#45 sunsetcrakcer
Member since 2007 • 198 Posts

[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]

ya gna make me ya fuking idiot keep ya self to ur self yeh n keep out of other people busines ir your sum big timer wich ur clearly nt ya daft **** do1 get a life

GANGSTASAN

ROFL.

Androvinus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#46 Androvinus
Member since 2008 • 5796 Posts
my friend has linux and his ps3 freezes a lot more
stevencavagan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 stevencavagan
Member since 2008 • 391 Posts

[QUOTE="GANGSTASAN"][QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]

sunsetcrakcer

ROFL.

Definitely agree

Avatar image for deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 deactivated-62b9a76fce1c1
Member since 2006 • 710 Posts
[QUOTE="Audi__R_8"]no i did evryfink ryt but its jus dat sum guy i know did it n he goes dat it fukd up his ps3 i did myne half way got there worked fine wen it was on turned it of went out kame back jhome played on it n it froze like 3 or 4 tymes n it restarted it linux is ok but 4 me there is no point i fink if people got the right instructions and know exactly what they are doing then they wouldn confuse other people like me but otherwise it worked fine for me

Obvious troll is obvious? His English becomes fine after "... no point I fink if people..." In other words he got tired of writing retardedly.
Avatar image for The_Uber_Diablo
The_Uber_Diablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 The_Uber_Diablo
Member since 2004 • 601 Posts
. . .

Audi__R_8
your post doesn't make any sense . . . you say that your trying to make it shorter for yourself, but the only thing your doing is switching out letters with other letters . . . for instance standerd is no way shorter than standard . . . or tyme for time . . . just admit it . . . you don't know how to spell
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

Is this english. If no, what dictionary I have to buy? It's not greek for sure...but what is it?