This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Apostle
Member since 2004 • 12197 Posts

Has anyone played it yet? I think it's fun.

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
amazing, it's the first game in about a year I can actually finish. I put 8 hours in it and it's amazing I want my Persona5 let it happen Atlus.
ShadowLaguna

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#3 ShadowLaguna
Member since 2006 • 897 Posts

I've only played the demo, as it isn't out here yet. Seems fun. I'll pick it up, when it comes out here, or maybe import it.

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

Any news for a PAL release? Or more importantly, will there ever be a PAL version?

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
[QUOTE="Fightingfan"]amazing, it's the first game in about a year I can actually finish. I put 8 hours in it and it's amazing I want my Persona5 let it happen Atlus.

They had said that after Catherine they're gonna make a new SMT games.. Person 5 would be awesome although I'd rather SMT4.. Its amazing OP, definitely get it, i just finished it myself and started it over again (there are like 8 or 9 endings) its really addictive and probably one of the best puzzle games this gen.. and the story and just overall presentation is awesome..
cosmicwave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 cosmicwave
Member since 2005 • 1237 Posts

Any news for a PAL release? Or more importantly, will there ever be a PAL version?

enz2

yes, there will be an european release later this year.

Catherine scores European release

Game to be published by Deep Silver later this year

European gamers eager to sample adult-themed action-adventure/puzzle game Catherine will be glad to hear that Deep Silver has signed a deal to publish it later this year.

The game, which is the first PS3 and Xbox 360 project from the Persona team, is already out in Japan and is scheduled for a US release on July 26.

Although Deep Silver hasn't provided a specific release date for the UK, it has said it will be this year. US gamers can play through the first hour of the game now thanks to a a demo on PSN and Xbox Live.

Click to view larger image "We are very proud to be able to publish Catherine in all PAL territories as a Deep Silver game", says Deep Silver president Klemens Kundratitz.

"Catherine is something new, fresh and exciting; unlike anything else in the gaming world - a unique mixture of genres. This agreement proves once again that games published under the Deep Silver label are not 'more of the same', 'run of the mill' productions."

source: cvg.com

enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

^^^

What I wanted to hear, thankyou :)

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts

^^^

What I wanted to hear, thankyou :)

enz2
PS3 games are region free.. just buy it off Playasia or ebay or something if you want to play it that badly..
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rawsavon
Member since 2004 • 40001 Posts

The-Apostle

...given your strong beliefs (shown on OT and in AtM), I don't think the game is 'for you'

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i'll finally get to pick up my copy today and i am excited
punisher1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 punisher1
Member since 2004 • 3290 Posts

The-Apostle
I know the gameplay videos for the game are on you tube. Think almost the whole game has been uploaded.
The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

rawsavon

...given your strong beliefs (shown on OT and in AtM), I don't think the game is 'for you'

Yeah, well, I'm able to separate fiction from reality. Unlike some Christians. In fact, I'm a big Harry Potter fan. And horror. So as long as they don't make Christians look crazy or look like fools (which is what Stephen King tends to do) then it really doesn't bother me.
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

The-Apostle

Yeah, well, I'm able to separate fiction from reality. Unlike some Christians. In fact, I'm a big Harry Potter fan. And horror. So as long as they don't make Christians look crazy or look like fools (which is what Stephen King tends to do) then it really doesn't bother me.

...hmmm...that answer was quite unexpected. Did not expect you to say that tbh

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"][QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...given your strong beliefs (shown on OT and in AtM), I don't think the game is 'for you'

rawsavon

Not quite the fundie you thought I was, huh? :P

rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"] Yeah, well, I'm able to separate fiction from reality. Unlike some Christians. In fact, I'm a big Harry Potter fan. And horror. So as long as they don't make Christians look crazy or look like fools (which is what Stephen King tends to do) then it really doesn't bother me.The-Apostle

...something like that I guess.
Your stance ITT just seems to be at odds with your posts in AtM is all

GamerChick2083

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 GamerChick2083
Member since 2010 • 481 Posts

I want to play Catherine but my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and it's on my birthday wishlist. I hear the game is extremely frustrating at some points.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 The-Apostle

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

[QUOTE="rawsavon"] ...hmmm...that answer was quite unexpected. Did not expect you to say that tbh

rawsavon

Not sure why you're talking about ATM (Ask the Mods). I only post there when I need to ask them something. So I'm not sure where my beliefs come in on that board. But I digress, we really should be keeping the discussion on topic.

The-Apostle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 The-Apostle

I want to play Catherine but my birthday is coming up in a few weeks and it's on my birthday wishlist. I hear the game is extremely frustrating at some points.

GamerChick2083
Yeah, same here. When I get more money, I'm getting this game and Madden. :D
rawsavon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rawsavon

[QUOTE="rawsavon"]

[QUOTE="The-Apostle"]

The-Apostle

Not sure why you're talking about ATM (Ask the Mods). I only post there when I need to ask them something. So I'm not sure where my beliefs come in on that board. But I digress, we really should be keeping the discussion on topic.

You are right.

It is just that in AtM (yes, Ask the Mods) you seem to have a very strong sense of right and wrong, what should be allowed here/what should not, etc.
-you post quite a bit about things needing to be locked/dealt with (even after you have reported or attempted to report them)

That is why (to get this back on topic) I made the comment I did in regards to this game (not being for you).
It does not seem to be the type of game (IMO) for someone that feels so strongly about (what I would call) mild/minor issues on a game site

tl;dr: if those small issues you report in AtM bother you/you have such a strong view on right and wrong (black and white), then I think this game might not be for you b/c of
1. the subject matter
2. how grey the whole thing is (antithesis of black and white)

...I wouldn't want you to disappointed

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts

I'm close to finishing this game, but def this is a great game! The story is awesome and the puzzle solving is really good and very challenging. I'm very happy that its being recieved very well here in the US.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts
The stangeness of this thread accurately represents the strangeness of the game. :O
DJChuy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#22 DJChuy
Member since 2010 • 1851 Posts

I beat it this past Saturday, and it was a good game. Loved the presentation including the visuals, art style, character models and music. The gameplay was alright for the most part, but I did get kind of bored with it near the end.

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

I beat it and I loved every minute of it! My only gripe is the length. The game does have multiple endings so you can beat it multiple times but even still the 15 hour long single player just seems too short.

BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#24 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts

It was pretty good until my PS3 broke yesterday.

[spoiler] I was at the chainsaw baby [/spoiler]

Story takes interesting and unexpected turns, although it bothers me that Vincent (and everyone else in the game) is so completely oblivious to very obvious things)