Cancelling my pre-order - the stats are already horrifying

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Mausingen
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts

/ed to avoid flame

marcheegsr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 marcheegsr
Member since 2004 • 3115 Posts

Why do you feel you have to tell this to a bunch of random people online?

You canceled? That's great. Get over it and move on than.

"Ps4 discontinued"?? LMAO

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

It's a mistake!

GrayF0X786

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 GrayF0X786
Member since 2012 • 4185 Posts

well we in the UK get it 2 weeks later hehehehe

Avatar image for deactivated-585ea4b128526
deactivated-585ea4b128526

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By deactivated-585ea4b128526
Member since 2007 • 612 Posts

Probably made a good decision, no way Sony survives a massive hardware failure like the 360.

RimacBugatti

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RimacBugatti
Member since 2013 • 1632 Posts

Let's hope there is no massive hardware failure. But yeah Microsoft definitely had the extra money and Sony not so much. Well they shouldn't outsource to China.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

A failure rate under 1.8% is horrifying?

lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

@marcheegsr said:

If the TC had more then 11 post I would take it seriously! He/she is obviously a troll...now I'm not in denial of the issues connected to the PS4, it's just that threads like this are pretty entertaining!

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By MarcRecon

@Mausingen said:

/ed to avoid flame

Nobody is gonna flame you, you profile picture(RAT) says it all!:)

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mausingen
/ed
dalger21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By dalger21
Member since 2002 • 2231 Posts

@Mausingen said:

Sony simply cannot afford a RROD style scenario, it would spell the end for the Playstation division.

An extreme over-exaggeration there. That statement is pretty much the definition of a person that has no clue. Congrats.

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mausingen

/ed

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MarcRecon

Of cour

@Mausingen said:
@MarcRecon said:

@marcheegsr said:

If the TC had more then 11 post I would take it seriously! He/she is obviously a troll...now I'm not in denial of the issues connected to the PS4, it's just that threads like this are pretty entertaining!

I'm not a 'troll'. I had originally meted out an informed and structured argument, which I 'slashed' later because I decided I would be fanning flames or provoking geniuses like you guys.

I am also a European, so thankfully I have the advantage of 2+ weeks of potential fallout to base my later decision on.

And whilst I have historically preferred the choice of Sony hardware over Microsoft hardware - Sony simply cannot afford a RROD style scenario, it would spell the end for the Playstation division.

lol...of course you're going to deny the fact! :) I just looked at your profile, it contradicts what you just said....now I might not be a genius, but if I was going to troll I would be smart enough to block my profile form public access. lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By MarcRecon

@dalger21 said:

@Mausingen said:

Sony simply cannot afford a RROD style scenario, it would spell the end for the Playstation division.

An extreme over-exaggeration there. That statement is pretty much the definition of a person that has no clue. Congrats.

lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 MarcRecon

@Mausingen said:

@MarcRecon:

Excuse me, you where trying to say something?? lol

danlevm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#17  Edited By danlevm
Member since 2013 • 289 Posts

I am still getting it.... who knows what happened with the taco bell ps4s, maybe the truck hit a major bump in the road breaking the ps4s? I mean anything could have happened.... I hope its not going to be major, we will know tomorrow...

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 MarcRecon

@danlevm said:

I am still getting it.... who knows what happened with the taco bell ps4s, maybe the truck hit a major bump in the road breaking the ps4s? I mean anything could have happened.... I hope its not going to be major, we will know tomorrow...

the TC is a troll bro...take a look at the comments in the thread.

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mausingen

/ed

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MarcRecon

@Mausingen said:

@MarcRecon said:

Of cour

@Mausingen said:
@MarcRecon said:

@marcheegsr said:

I'm not a 'troll'. I had originally meted out an informed and structured argument, which I 'slashed' later because I decided I would be fanning flames or provoking geniuses like you guys.

I am also a European, so thankfully I have the advantage of 2+ weeks of potential fallout to base my later decision on.

And whilst I have historically preferred the choice of Sony hardware over Microsoft hardware - Sony simply cannot afford a RROD style scenario, it would spell the end for the Playstation division.

lol...of course you're going to deny the fact! :) I just looked at your profile, it contradicts what you just said....now I might not be a genius, but if I was going to troll I would be smart enough to block my profile form public access. lol

@MarcRecon said:

@Mausingen said:

@MarcRecon:

Excuse me, you where trying to say something?? lol

Yes, I was 'trying to say something'. The comment bugged out. Just how does my profile contradict what I said....?

@dalger21 said:

@Mausingen said:

Huh? You have just written off what I said without providing your own argument. Perhaps you should do some research before writing off what everybody knows as fact. Yes, Sony cannot afford to have a hardware recall on the same scale as the Xbox 360.

The fact that you only got 15 post AND a suspicious looking profile says it all dude!!! Like I said before I'm no genius(as you like to remind me)but it wouldn't take one to figure "YOU" out! lol

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MarcRecon

@Mausingen said:

@MarcRecon said:

@Mausingen said:

/ed to avoid flame

Nobody is gonna flame you, you profile picture(RAT) says it all!:)

And from your picture what am I to infer? That you have your head eternally hung in shame for your stupidity? Hmm.

Ooooooh, the defensive insults...making it even MORE obvious!! lol....your stating to bore me, I'm gonna go make up a new profile and start trolling the forums...oh wait, you already done that!!!

MusashiSensi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 56

#22 MusashiSensi
Member since 2004 • 9584 Posts

Well, I am still grabbing mines at midnight. Don't feed these trolls.

BlackDiamond81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 BlackDiamond81
Member since 2005 • 1565 Posts

Sony cannot afford a RROD like Xbox?? First off where are you getting these so called facts from? Are we are just making up s*#@ as we go along??That's good that you cancelled your pre-order man. Now someone who is deserving can pick one up and enjoy.

Grieverr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Grieverr
Member since 2002 • 2835 Posts

I grabbed mine, powered it up, and no problems!! PSN is under maintenance, though :P I was able to update the system software but not log in to my PSN ID.

laobayu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 laobayu
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I cut in line got mine in 13mins LOL

jsmoke03

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 jsmoke03
Member since 2004 • 13717 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

A failure rate under 1.8% is horrifying?

lol

as long as im not apart from that, then im okay

SIN55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#27 SIN55
Member since 2003 • 248 Posts

You know, I don't have anything to add to this topic because I chose to wait a few months before getting a PS4, but I have to chime in and say that people accusing every one of being trolls on a discussion board is even more annoying than the trolls themselves. In fact, I wish the term "troll" could be dis-invented.

You "accusers" need to get some perspective in life and just move on if you see a "troll post". Every other post seems to turn into the TC defending himself against being called a troll instead of defending his topic or opinion.

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#28 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

@SIN55 said:

You know, I don't have anything to add to this topic because I chose to wait a few months before getting a PS4, but I have to chime in and say that people accusing every one of being trolls on a discussion board is even more annoying than the trolls themselves. In fact, I wish the term "troll" could be dis-invented.

You "accusers" need to get some perspective in life and just move on if you see a "troll post". Every other post seems to turn into the TC defending himself against being called a troll instead of defending his topic or opinion.

No, you're going to want to stop defending the topic creator right now.

This whole "OH THE PS4 IS FAULTY!" crap is nonsense and topics like this are useless.

Yes, the whole troll moniker for the creator should just be switched to buffoon. When the topic was made the reported failure rate meant that the PS4 was one of the most reliable pieces of technology ever made. All the topic creator wanted to do was cause problems.

SIN55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#29  Edited By SIN55
Member since 2003 • 248 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

@SIN55 said:

No, you're going to want to stop defending the topic creator right now.

This whole "OH THE PS4 IS FAULTY!" crap is nonsense and topics like this are useless.

Yes, the whole troll moniker for the creator should just be switched to buffoon. When the topic was made the reported failure rate meant that the PS4 was one of the most reliable pieces of technology ever made. All the topic creator wanted to do was cause problems.

Who said I was defending the TC? I'm actually trying to talk some sense into people accusing everyone of being a troll at every chance they get. Don't put words in my mouth. ;-)

I'm an advocate of making forums lighter and more enjoyable, and promote healthy discussions.

And I don't pick sides. I am my own side.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By MarcRecon

@SIN55 said:

Nobody has a problem when a legitimate problem or Idea is expressed, but in the case(and it's not rocket science)it is pretty clear that the TC is trolli....I'm sorry, as Jaysonguy has said "BUFFOONING" the forums!

If he/she where serious, then "YES" we would be wrong for flaming someone who had a differents of opinion, but this TC is sooo transparent....

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

I just got mine a few hours ago, from amazon. I still haven't opened. I'm thinking I should have cancelled. There's tons and tons of negative reviews that systems are arriving faulty.

agrippi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 agrippi
Member since 2003 • 1195 Posts

@Heirren said:

I just got mine a few hours ago, from amazon. I still haven't opened. I'm thinking I should have cancelled. There's tons and tons of negative reviews that systems are arriving faulty.

Got mine from Amazon....opened it up, plugged everything in.....and nada. Blue light never turned white. Nothing. Opened a game and put a disc in to see if that would wake it up. No luck. Spent over two hours waiting to talk to someone at Sony. Finally, I get an agent. They will repair the unit and I'll get it back in around 7-10 days he says. Frankly, why shouldn't I just get a new unit. I have a lemon. It doesn't work. Give me a new unit now and fix that lemon and sell it as a refurbished unit.

Amazon will give a full refund, even though it is opened. I just don't know how long I'll have to wait to find a PS4 in the wild.. Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
deactivated-57ad0e5285d73

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By deactivated-57ad0e5285d73
Member since 2009 • 21398 Posts

@agrippi:

Yes, all this news just doesn't sit well with me. Even if the console works, it gives off the feeling that it can shut down sooner rather than later. Surprising, as well. And, I still haven't even opened the console yet--not even the box containing the console. I'm really leaning towards simply calling amazon and seeing what the deal is. Not only with return process, etc, but also with the amount of returns. I'm seeing negative upon negative review over at amazon and there are so many negative reviews regarding the issue, but to be honest anybody can troll a review there.

So you say that they offer a full refund on an open console? I suppose that simplifies things, somewhat.

Mausingen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mausingen

/ed

blackace

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#35 blackace
Member since 2002 • 23576 Posts

I think this sums it up.

Loading Video...

BattleSpectre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 BattleSpectre
Member since 2009 • 7989 Posts

Don't cancel the pre-order mate just offer it someone for a premium price. If you don't want a PS4 there's nothing else we can say to convince you to keep it. No worries at all mate just buy an Xbox One and I'll still call you my friend :) Gaming is about all of us coming together as a community and having fun. I'm buying a PS4 first and an Xb1 later on in the years to come.

I used to be a fan boy and in the end I thought to myself what does it actually achieve? I miss out on awesome exclusives from the other party and what does staying loyal to one brand give me? Nothing (unless I was getting shares from it than I'd be one loyal mother f**** lol)

I love having the best of both worlds, I suggest those who can afford it to do the same, and just like the video above me I can laugh at it because it holds some truth behind it whereas fanboys will dismiss it and carry on forever calling it out. That's not what gaming is about. Now if you'll excuse me I think I'm finished with my rant and if you need me I'll be drooling over next-gen gameplay videos.