Can you change the difficulty in Ninja Gaiden Sigma?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Taladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Taladon
Member since 2007 • 74 Posts
Topic.
simulation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 simulation
Member since 2003 • 610 Posts
you could in the demo so yes?
casey7672

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 casey7672
Member since 2006 • 5348 Posts
I think the full game is harder than the demo.
Taladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Taladon
I couldn't find it in options so..any help?
Avatar image for Bluestorm-Kalas
Bluestorm-Kalas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bluestorm-Kalas
Member since 2006 • 13073 Posts

I couldn't find it in options so..any help?Taladon
I hate to break it to ya, but the difficulty in Ninja Gaiden is always hard. Ninja Gaiden (for the X-Box) was nearly impossible to beat, and damn was it HARD, then Ninja Gaiden Black came out, and it was a little bit easier, but still very difficult, and now Sigma is out, and it's a little bit easier, but still hard.

You've just got to tough it out I guess.

Taladon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Taladon

[QUOTE="Taladon"]I couldn't find it in options so..any help?Bluestorm-Kalas

I hate to break it to ya, but the difficulty in Ninja Gaiden is always hard. Ninja Gaiden (for the X-Box) was nearly impossible to beat, and damn was it HARD, then Ninja Gaiden Black came out, and it was a little bit easier, but still very difficult, and now Sigma is out, and it's a little bit easier, but still hard.

You've just got to tough it out I guess.

Yeahman,Ikindoffiguredduetothenotoriousreputationfordifficultythatthisgamewouldn't be a park walk. Thanks anyways guys.

crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
In Black for the xbox all you had to do was die a few times in a row really fast. Then they would give you the option to drop the difficulty to "ninja dog" level. Its probably true for Sigma as well.
kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
its easier than the old one, thats the difficulty setting 
Kevin-V

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9 Kevin-V
Member since 2006 • 5418 Posts

In Black for the xbox all you had to do was die a few times in a row really fast. Then they would give you the option to drop the difficulty to "ninja dog" level. Its probably true for Sigma as well.crck

It is true. Die three times in a row, and it will ask if you want to abandon the way of the ninja. If you choose yes, you will be able to restart in Ninja Dog difficulty.

donnygorgas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 donnygorgas
Member since 2005 • 2531 Posts

[QUOTE="crck"]In Black for the xbox all you had to do was die a few times in a row really fast. Then they would give you the option to drop the difficulty to "ninja dog" level. Its probably true for Sigma as well.Kevin-V

It is true. Die three times in a row, and it will ask if you want to abandon the way of the ninja. If you choose yes, you will be able to restart in Ninja Dog difficulty.

That's what I thought. Can you change it back once it's set on Ninja Dog?

Avatar image for anime_penguin69
anime_penguin69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 anime_penguin69
Member since 2004 • 105 Posts
The game is tough thats for sure. them spider clan ninjas really piss me off. :evil: Other than that, the game isn't too bad.
jacintos09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#12 jacintos09
Member since 2007 • 1466 Posts

i don't think there's any way to actually change it in the options, but like others have said, abandon the ways of the ninja, and it'll take you down to the ninja dog level

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 TelcharXI
Member since 2006 • 1189 Posts
Can someone tell me what those rock circles you find in chapter 2 that say they serve no purpose, and also how to open that cracked wall in chapter 2.
wiistation360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 wiistation360
Member since 2006 • 4209 Posts
ninja dog isnt that easy.i just wanted you to know,easier than hard,but still hard in some way
ocelotcougar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#15 ocelotcougar
Member since 2005 • 2099 Posts
Meh, I got all the way to the red dino thingies. They killed me nonstop so I switched over to Ninja Dog. The whole game is been VERY easy now.
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts
...So thats what that 'abandon the way of the ninja' did. I was wondering why i suddenly kicked that boss' behind
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?
Avatar image for Devils_Joker_22
Devils_Joker_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Devils_Joker_22
Member since 2005 • 5592 Posts

thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?americahellyeah

No checkpoints, savepoints are your checkpoints, and they are farily sparse, 2-3 in a stage

TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TelcharXI
I just finished that boss after the red dino things, i had a lot more problems with the guys on the motorcycles they always beat me and i find it annoying
Hulabaloza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Hulabaloza
Member since 2005 • 1322 Posts
Ninja Dog mode is harder than most games hard setting. This game is vicious. Rent it if you get frustrated easy, or you will be disappointed.
crck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 crck
Member since 2006 • 2559 Posts
thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?americahellyeah
Why would the option to get a lower difficulty setting stop you from getting it? They dont force it on you. They just ask if you die alot in sucession.
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TelcharXI

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?crck
Why would the option to get a lower difficulty setting stop you from getting it? They dont force it on you. They just ask if you die alot in sucession.

Then they rub it in your face :D

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?crck

heh heh, oops typo, what i meant to say was that "i'm now getting NG Sigma"

JoKeR_421

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JoKeR_421
Member since 2006 • 8920 Posts
i heard that once u beat the game ull get new difficutly options and easy, so why not try to beat the game and see, thats wat im tryin to do :)
da62087boi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 da62087boi
Member since 2005 • 2576 Posts

thats a shame,thisis prolly the best game on the ps3 right now aside from oblivion.

Phill119

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Phill119
Member since 2005 • 613 Posts

Ninja Dog mode is harder than most games hard setting. This game is vicious. Rent it if you get frustrated easy, or you will be disappointed.Hulabaloza

The game isn't that difficult in my opinion, I first played it on normal and never died once. I'm now playing it on hard and I died twice so far. Maybe it just me but ppl have always been saying that this game is frustrating, but it really isn't that much to me. I'm not trying to put anybody down but is the game really that hard to you guys?

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="crck"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"]thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?americahellyeah

heh heh, oops typo, what i meant to say was that "i'm now getting NG Sigma"

You missed this ^

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]thanks to you guys, i'm not getting NG Sigma, i didin't know you could get a lower difficulty if you died too often. How is the checkpoint system, are the few and far between or fairly frequent?da62087boi

thats a shame,thisis prolly the best game on the ps3 right now aside from oblivion.

And yes actually it is, the demo was awsome although a little tough.

Avatar image for spikeydude97323
spikeydude97323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 spikeydude97323
Member since 2003 • 1286 Posts

[QUOTE="Hulabaloza"]Ninja Dog mode is harder than most games hard setting. This game is vicious. Rent it if you get frustrated easy, or you will be disappointed.Phill119

The game isn't that difficult in my opinion, I first played it on normal and never died once. I'm now playing it on hard and I died twice so far. Maybe it just me but ppl have always been saying that this game is frustrating, but it really isn't that much to me. I'm not trying to put anybody down but is the game really that hard to you guys?

Yer i thought the game was goin to be solid but im finding it pretty easy but im only on chapter 9:D

ldksparda21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29 ldksparda21
Member since 2006 • 171 Posts
Actually there is a way to play on an easier mode. All you have to do is die i think 3 time and on the 3rd time there will be a cut scene with the little girl from the start talking to you as you lay on the ground. it is called ninja dog mode, and they give you a feminin ribbion on your arm for the shame of it. Actually funny if you think about it. My roomate just got that on my game. thankfully i just died once so far.
dmc_freak978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 dmc_freak978
Member since 2006 • 4451 Posts
Im definitely getting this,, i like hard challenging difficulties! but hopefully not insanely hard!
i finished every dmc in DMD mode! is this worse?
Foppe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Foppe
Member since 2004 • 5997 Posts
Ninja Gaiden games are supposed to be hard, that´s the great thing with them.
J_Swayze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 J_Swayze
Member since 2007 • 493 Posts

This Game Is Hard but Not EXTREMELY Hard...You Have To Think Defense First, Then Attack Second

kreestoph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kreestoph
Member since 2007 • 442 Posts
i checked today, i played the first levels on normal, then i started on ninja dog because i didnt follow the game over menus right. 
what a crap way to set up the difficulty, it was like, ninja gaiden or R6V for me, and doing this all over again because i accidently pressed the wrong button at game over lis laaaaaaame, r6 is my choice
Avatar image for untouchables111
untouchables111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 untouchables111
Member since 2005 • 1650 Posts
I just finished that boss after the red dino things, i had a lot more problems with the guys on the motorcycles they always beat me and i find it annoyingTelcharXI
for the motorcycles all i did was use the head slice move u just jump tord them and press the triangle button and he will kill them quickly an you wont get hit by the bike.
Miguel16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Miguel16
Member since 2004 • 6065 Posts
no u can not switch difficulties, watever u start the game with is what you gotta finish with
PS3OwnsYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 PS3OwnsYou
Member since 2005 • 3652 Posts
The game is hard, but not extremely hard, although it is harder then DMC3, which everybody seemed to think was hard, although i found it easy.
Cyphus07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Cyphus07
Member since 2007 • 189 Posts

I first played Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox some years ago. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is nearly identical in level design and difficulty. I beat the game a day ago after having picked it up on Tuesday this week. I think it took me around 10 hours. I remembered quickly how to beat the bosses and where to find items to advance through the story...

As i said this game is hard for the new comer. They have changed a few things - new weapons, a few new enemies, some new bosses - for the most part the bosses remain the same, with the same attacks and ways to beat them. A couple new weapons are around - Lunar (my favorite). You cannot change the difficulty level of the game until you have beaten it once. Then you unlock the Hard difficulty level as well as "Missions" which are essentially just being put into an arena with enemy after enemy thrown at you. You have no health potions, you have 1 ninpo attack and several weapons to choose from. Needless to say this is very difficult - take my word for it, much more difficult than any extended fight in the game.

I thought i might also include a few secrets for those who want to get a lot of essence early on in the game so as to buy all of the potions, braclets, weapons, upgrades to them and so on - anything from the store.

You know in Tairon where the main shop is where you purchase items (not the small ones you find here and there) - exit the shop and look to your right, a short distance ahead and to the left is a doorway with 3 flights of stairs leading to the next level (you will have been here before most likely) The 3 enemies you encounter in this stairway respawn - attack them, kill them, run back to the first flight of stairs - run down it half way and then back up...they will be right there again. Get the Lunar or the V. Flail and have some fun, try to use your ultimate techniques if a blue essence appears - you will rack up yellow essence like crazy.

There are a few other areas like this in the game that can get you a ton of essence in a short period of time - really helps to have tons of potions and rebirth scrolls if you run into a fight you have a lot of trouble with. One of which is under Tairon around the water spillways. There is a long hallway with 2 doors where fiends spawn - walk in, kill, go through a door and back in, kill...rinse and repeat. There is a shop nearby in a large room with a statue and water pooring out (forgetting the name of the area atm)

Very good game - its too much like the first one, but thats ok...because i very much enjoyed the first one.

patrickjw333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 patrickjw333
Member since 2004 • 809 Posts
[QUOTE="Cyphus07"]

I first played Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox some years ago. Ninja Gaiden Sigma is nearly identical in level design and difficulty. I beat the game a day ago after having picked it up on Tuesday this week. I think it took me around 10 hours. I remembered quickly how to beat the bosses and where to find items to advance through the story...

As i said this game is hard for the new comer. They have changed a few things - new weapons, a few new enemies, some new bosses - for the most part the bosses remain the same, with the same attacks and ways to beat them. A couple new weapons are around - Lunar (my favorite). You cannot change the difficulty level of the game until you have beaten it once. Then you unlock the Hard difficulty level as well as "Missions" which are essentially just being put into an arena with enemy after enemy thrown at you. You have no health potions, you have 1 ninpo attack and several weapons to choose from. Needless to say this is very difficult - take my word for it, much more difficult than any extended fight in the game.

I thought i might also include a few secrets for those who want to get a lot of essence early on in the game so as to buy all of the potions, braclets, weapons, upgrades to them and so on - anything from the store.

You know in Tairon where the main shop is where you purchase items (not the small ones you find here and there) - exit the shop and look to your right, a short distance ahead and to the left is a doorway with 3 flights of stairs leading to the next level (you will have been here before most likely) The 3 enemies you encounter in this stairway respawn - attack them, kill them, run back to the first flight of stairs - run down it half way and then back up...they will be right there again. Get the Lunar or the V. Flail and have some fun, try to use your ultimate techniques if a blue essence appears - you will rack up yellow essence like crazy.

There are a few other areas like this in the game that can get you a ton of essence in a short period of time - really helps to have tons of potions and rebirth scrolls if you run into a fight you have a lot of trouble with. One of which is under Tairon around the water spillways. There is a long hallway with 2 doors where fiends spawn - walk in, kill, go through a door and back in, kill...rinse and repeat. There is a shop nearby in a large room with a statue and water pooring out (forgetting the name of the area atm)

Very good game - its too much like the first one, but thats ok...because i very much enjoyed the first

you have too much time on your hands

Flame_Blade88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#39 Flame_Blade88
Member since 2005 • 39348 Posts

Cyphus07

I pretty much do the same thing, all my weapons are fully leveled up now, and I'm on Chapter 10.

CRUNK3050

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 CRUNK3050
Member since 2006 • 2449 Posts
You have to unlock theharder difficulty by beating the game, or if you manage to beat Doku the first time you meet him you will unlonck it right then.
TelcharXI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 TelcharXI

You have to unlock theharder difficulty by beating the game, or if you manage to beat Doku the first time you meet him you will unlonck it right then.CRUNK3050

I got him down to about 80% of his health, I was proud of myself :D

Kyrielen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Kyrielen
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Thanks so much for this...It seems I wasn't the only one having trouble with the red dinosaur wanna-be things. They'd be perfectly fine if they weren't in sequence after the bikers.

StevenHoog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StevenHoog
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey stupid...He is asking if and where he can change the difficulty at. NOT whether the game is difficult. Yes the game is tough and I guess that is why he is asking How to lower the difficulty and you reply that it is a hard game. DUHHHH

1uP_OnYou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 1uP_OnYou
Member since 2008 • 3183 Posts

Hey stupid...He is asking if and where he can change the difficulty at. NOT whether the game is difficult. Yes the game is tough and I guess that is why he is asking How to lower the difficulty and you reply that it is a hard game. DUHHHH

StevenHoog

Congratulations! You brought back a topic that started in the year 2007!