buying ps 3 question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tiger_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tiger_99
Member since 2006 • 68 Posts
what is the different between 20 gb and 60 gb version ?.i`m going to buy the 20 gb version.is it as good as the 60 gb version
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 psyum
Member since 2006 • 3268 Posts

the 20 gig version doesnt have wireless..doesnt have the card slots either

i think the 20 gig version is old history now...

bengilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bengilder
Member since 2004 • 505 Posts
i would go for 60gb...... bigger hard drive and wireless and the chrome lining thats all i got it for I personaly think the 20gb looks ugly due to no chrome lining
Jin_sonic0606

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 Jin_sonic0606
Member since 2007 • 2710 Posts
If you just want a PS3 for gaming then you should buy the 20 GB PS3.
Spartan8907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Spartan8907
Member since 2006 • 3731 Posts
Are stores even selling 20gb PS3s anymore? If they are, and you dont need the wireless or memory card readers, go with that. And then I suggest you find a bigger hard drive for less than the difference and just put that in place of the 20gb HDD.
andy8vien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 andy8vien
Member since 2003 • 112 Posts
Wah!! you're not waiting for SOCOM on PS3?? sob!! Anyways yeah don tbother getting 20-40g save up for the extra hundred bucks and get the 60g it'll pay for itself eventually as time goes by believe me
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 psyum
should i be ?
tiger_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 tiger_99
[QUOTE="bengilder"]i would go for 60gb...... bigger hard drive and wireless and the chrome lining thats all i got it for I personaly think the 20gb looks ugly due to no chrome lining

[QUOTE="bengilder"]i would go for 60gb...... bigger hard drive and wireless and the chrome lining thats all i got it for I personaly think the 20gb looks ugly due to no chrome lining

actually i live in india . i already got an xbox360 so my parents told me that they will buy me only the cheaper version and i have another question to ,as the ps 3 is not officially released in india (pal version).i have to get it from singapore (ntsc\ j version).so will there be any problem when sony officially released the ps 3 in india(pal version) or is it true that sony is going to support all the version using the br-disc
Hotwad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hotwad
Member since 2006 • 1146 Posts

i would go for 60gb...... bigger hard drive and wireless and the chrome lining thats all i got it for I personaly think the 20gb looks ugly due to no chrome liningbengilder

yup

Avatar image for theiceismelting
theiceismelting

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 theiceismelting
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
what is the difference?  first. please remove head from rear.  2nd. go to sony's website. 3rd. decide by your lonesome whether the extra c-note is worth the extra functionality.   your done now.  enjoy.
chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#11 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts
20g might not be enough space. 60g+wifi+card reader slots=$100 extra is a much better deal.
tiger_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tiger_99
what is that memory card readers and wireless used for ?
alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts
60gb is better.  more memory = more happiness.
psyum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 psyum

wireless if for ...guess what?? wireless internet :D

memory card slots are for memory cards :D if u have memory card on your digital camera u can plug it in and transfer all :D

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#15 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Forget about the 20GB one, they dont even have it out right now... but 60GB one is much a better choice anyway - it has all of what you'll need build-in.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 L1qu1dSword
Member since 2006 • 2835 Posts

Here is the best way for you to make the most of your money. Trade in your 360 for the new 360 elite. You'll end up spending around 200 bucks after trade in and youll have the most powerful system with twice the video memmory of PS3 (512mb) Twice the hard drives space ( 120 GB). Lets face it. All the good PS3 games are going to 360 and will look better on that system anyways. In this last week alone DMC4 was confirmed for 360 and some info also came out implying FF13 would do the same thing. there is really no practical reason to have ps3 at all unless you are infused with brand loyalty from owning ps2 or ps1. i had ps2 but lets be honest. ps3 won't rule the way ps2 did. this is a new gen.

360 has superior graphics, games, exclusives, price point, third party support....it costs less. seriously its a no brainer.

some awesome games that wont be on ps3:

bioshock

dead rising

lost planet

mass effect

lost odyssey

blue dragon

halo 3

fable 2

i could go on forever but i think i made my point. the only advantage the ps3 has is with blu ray is you wont have to get up 20 hrs into an rpg and switch the disc. big deal.

UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 UntoldDreams
Member since 2006 • 3238 Posts

Here is the best way for you to make the most of your money. Trade in your 360 for the new 360 elite. You'll end up spending around 200 bucks after trade in and youll have the most powerful system with twice the video memmory of PS3 (512mb) Twice the hard drives space ( 120 GB). Lets face it. All the good PS3 games are going to 360 and will look better on that system anyways. In this last week alone DMC4 was confirmed for 360 and some info also came out implying FF13 would do the same thing. there is really no practical reason to have ps3 at all unless you are infused with brand loyalty from owning ps2 or ps1. i had ps2 but lets be honest. ps3 won't rule the way ps2 did. this is a new gen.

360 has superior graphics, games, exclusives, price point, third party support....it costs less. seriously its a no brainer.

bioshock

dead rising

lost planet

mass effect

lost odyssey

blue dragon

halo 3

fable 2

i could go on forever but i think i made my point. the only advantage the ps3 has is with blu ray is you wont have to get up 20 hrs into an rpg and switch the disc. big deal.

L1qu1dSword

I think you clicked on the wrong forum.  See at the top where it says "Playstation 3"?

Yeah... You need the one with 360 in it.   (Just trying to help you out as you seem lost)

b11051973

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 b11051973
Member since 2002 • 7621 Posts
If you can afford it, get the $600 version. You never know what kinds of cool things you might be able to do some day with the WiFi and card slots. Plus, if you're nervous about upgrading the hard drive yourself, 60 GB is a lot of space. I personally don't care about the chrome trim thing.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 L1qu1dSword
[QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

Here is the best way for you to make the most of your money. Trade in your 360 for the new 360 elite. You'll end up spending around 200 bucks after trade in and youll have the most powerful system with twice the video memmory of PS3 (512mb) Twice the hard drives space ( 120 GB). Lets face it. All the good PS3 games are going to 360 and will look better on that system anyways. In this last week alone DMC4 was confirmed for 360 and some info also came out implying FF13 would do the same thing. there is really no practical reason to have ps3 at all unless you are infused with brand loyalty from owning ps2 or ps1. i had ps2 but lets be honest. ps3 won't rule the way ps2 did. this is a new gen.

bioshock

dead rising

lost planet

mass effect

lost odyssey

blue dragon

halo 3

fable 2

UntoldDreams

I think you clicked on the wrong forum.  See at the top where it says "Playstation 3"?

Yeah... You need the one with 360 in it.   (Just trying to help you out as you seem lost)

i think its a little selfish for you to imply that my good advice should only be reserved for a select group of people. i want to share the good news with everyone.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts
[QUOTE="tiger_99"][QUOTE="bengilder"]i would go for 60gb...... bigger hard drive and wireless and the chrome lining thats all i got it for I personaly think the 20gb looks ugly due to no chrome lining

actually i live in india . i already got an xbox360 so my parents told me that they will buy me only the cheaper version and i have another question to ,as the ps 3 is not officially released in india (pal version).i have to get it from singapore (ntsc\ j version).so will there be any problem when sony officially released the ps 3 in india(pal version) or is it true that sony is going to support all the version using the br-disc

All ps3 games are region free, though the developers could decide to but region locks on their games, but then just buy a ntsc game.
L1qu1dSword

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 L1qu1dSword

besides that. this guy is seriously asking for advice. ps3 fanboys are not going to try pointing him in the direction where he spends the least money to get the most in terms of performance and games. they will try to get as many people as possible to buy their system regardless of how good it is. after all you guys allready dropped the 500 or so bucks and would really like to not see it become dreamcast.

point is with all this brand loyalty going around i think he at least deserves a single alternate viewpoint.

"Pay Beyond"

UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 UntoldDreams
[QUOTE="UntoldDreams"][QUOTE="L1qu1dSword"]

bioshock

dead rising

lost planet

mass effect

lost odyssey

blue dragon

halo 3

fable 2

L1qu1dSword

I think you clicked on the wrong forum. See at the top where it says "Playstation 3"?

Yeah... You need the one with 360 in it. (Just trying to help you out as you seem lost)

i think its a little selfish for you to imply that my good advice should only be reserved for a select group of people. i want to share the good news with everyone.

Surely you don't need me to re-iterate the whole "Clearly posted forum rules" again?

You know the whole thing with "getting banned"?

Let your anger and frustrations out on System Wars.  This is not the place.

Krigon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Krigon
Member since 2005 • 5591 Posts

besides that. this guy is seriously asking for advice. ps3 fanboys are not going to try pointing him in the direction where he spends the least money to get the most in terms of performance and games. they will try to get as many people as possible to buy their system regardless of how good it is. after all you guys allready dropped the 500 or so bucks and would really like to not see it become dreamcast.

point is with all this brand loyalty going around i think he at least deserves a single alternate viewpoint.

"Pay Beyond"

L1qu1dSword

Yes your alternate viewpoint is great! You are telling him to sell his xbox 360 to upgrade it for the "elite" that only offers 120gb and hdmi. When he could just buy the ps3 (20gb) and get a BLU-RAY PLAYER (the next gen "DVD" player)and Wifi aswell for almost the same price. Lets not forget that you can swap out your HDD on the ps3 or just link it with an external hdd.

comparison on the 1up. (they are comparing it to the 60gb and not 20gb) http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3158279

Quotes

"No built-in HD-DVD? No built-in Wi-Fi? This new Xbox 360 SKU hardly seems 'Elite' to me. I'm all for a higher-end model, but the lack of those key features makes this one feel half-baked. And actually, this announcement serves as just another reminder that the PlayStation 3 -- at least in terms of hardware -- still offers more." -- Bryan Intihar, Previews Editor, Electronic Gaming Monthly"

UntoldDreams

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UntoldDreams

"Pay Beyond"

L1qu1dSword

What part of violating forum rules escapes you?

#1)  If he wanted advice from PS3 people where is he supposed to go?  Are you going to follow him around and SPAM him with your personal beliefs?   What for?  You have more purpose in life than this I'm sure.

#2)  If you do this then you are inviting PS3 Fanboy idiots to go to the 360 forum and stir crap up

#3)  Did I mention its against the forum rules?  Remember getting banned?

soundthealarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#25 soundthealarm
Member since 2007 • 316 Posts
I don't know if they even make the 20gb ones still. if you're going to spend the money do yourself the favor and spend the extra 100 bucks. you'll thank yourself
JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#26 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

Here is the best way for you to make the most of your money. Trade in your 360 for the new 360 elite. You'll end up spending around 200 bucks after trade in and youll have the most powerful system with twice the video memmory of PS3 (512mb) Twice the hard drives space ( 120 GB). Lets face it. All the good PS3 games are going to 360 and will look better on that system anyways. In this last week alone DMC4 was confirmed for 360 and some info also came out implying FF13 would do the same thing. there is really no practical reason to have ps3 at all unless you are infused with brand loyalty from owning ps2 or ps1. i had ps2 but lets be honest. ps3 won't rule the way ps2 did. this is a new gen.

bioshock

dead rising

lost planet

mass effect

lost odyssey

blue dragon

halo 3

fable 2

L1qu1dSword

360 superior LMAO!

Thats funny, you should really talk out of your ass more often.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#27 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

"Pay Beyond"

L1qu1dSword

Talk about brand loyalty, it seems you have your head up Micro$ofts ass, but thats just me.

USSJ4GohanJay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 USSJ4GohanJay
Member since 2006 • 108 Posts
i have a question, can you tell me if they have them in stores currently?
chatri10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#29 chatri10
Member since 2002 • 752 Posts

i have a question, can you tell me if they have them in stores currently?USSJ4GohanJay

It's very easy to find a 60g PS3 now. Every where I go I see a lot of PS3. 

alkaline_DnB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 alkaline_DnB
Member since 2006 • 1816 Posts

"Pay Beyond"

L1qu1dSword
fanboy or troll...you decide.
Alucard62889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Alucard62889
Member since 2005 • 40 Posts

bioshock

dead rising

lost planet

mass effect

lost odyssey

blue dragon

halo 3

fable 2

L1qu1dSword

Dude, the 360 has 512 MB of SHARED memory, the Ps3 has 256 MB DEVOTED to graphics. But that's not really the point. I'm just here to help out my fellow Indian!

I own a 60GB PS3 and I think I made the right decision. I almost bought the 20GB version, but the wireless internet access drew me in, and I think it paid for itself. I now play online a lot.

So... If you don't mind shelling out the extra $100 dollars, I would highly recommend getting the 60GB version.