Bugs/Glitches That Have Been Found In Bad Company 2 Demo. What Have You Noticed?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 BoozDigi
Member since 2009 • 279 Posts

After playing the demo for Battlefield Bad Compnay 2 for a while, I Thought Id share some bugs/glitches that I have noticed, and maybe others could post some that they have bumped into also.

- "Killcam" graphical glitches. camera Would zoom in too much into 'Your Killer'. Killer would also be shown running/crouching through walls, objects etc.

- When you are looking at 'your killer', his guns appearance would seem to flash, as to show no detail, Then detail a second after (for example his Camouflage on the sniper rifle). The Gun would go from solid grey, to the 'snow camou..

- When killed, right befor your killer is revealed, you would see one of your arms sort of 'chopped off', floating in mid air. Another graphical glitch.

- Running over enemies with vehicles doesnt seem to do any damage. When an ememy would run me over, he would go right through me, and not cause any type of damage.

- At the 'Unlocks Screen' When you are viewing you stats, (after you have won/lost the match) the sound of your weapons upgrade progress would continue even after the progress bar is done.

These are just some of the Bugs/glitches that I have noticed. Most of which are Graphical. Overall the demo still rocks, and is such a pleasure to play after endulging in other shooters, like MW2. Im just wondering, if this 'Demo' reflects the final product, or if there still working on it. Did anyone else notice any thing else out of the ordinary in the Demo?

Floppy_Jim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Floppy_Jim
Member since 2007 • 25931 Posts
It's not so much of a bug/glitch but the rock textures (!) are terrible- of far lower quality than the ones in the original Bad Company. It sounds nitpicky but in this kind of game where you're taking cover a lot, it stands out. So it should be fixed in the final product. That's about all I noticed.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 YoungSinatra25
Member since 2009 • 4314 Posts
Frame tearing... I hate frame tearing. I'll wait to purchase unless the final product is tear free. (which it wont be)
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 YoungSinatra25
Also the black levels and shading seem to heavy...
Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
Okay, I'm gonna say that nothing mentioned has happened in the beta or demo for me, on any platform. Not saying its not happening, but I haven't seen it so it may be cirumstantial.
silentmobius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 silentmobius
Member since 2003 • 1034 Posts
The first, and most jarring, glitch I noticed was that I would inexplicably warp from side of the map to another whilst running to disarm a planted charge. This happened about 3 times in a row. Another noticeable glitch happened once when I tried to disarm a charge, and the progression bar went to full and disappeared letting me know that the charge had been disarmed, yet the alarm kept sounding so I had to do it again.
First_Descent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#7 First_Descent
Member since 2006 • 845 Posts

Don't forget though, it's just the demo!

M0wen10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#8 M0wen10
Member since 2009 • 7555 Posts

I noticed how boring the multiplayer is

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 BoozDigi

First_Descent

I always thought that a Demo, was always a preview of the Final product. I hope this is not the case with Bad Company 2. I hope there still working on fixing these issues.

amsfm6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 amsfm6
Member since 2009 • 2777 Posts

[QUOTE="First_Descent"]

BoozDigi

I always thought that a Demo, was always a preview of the Final product. I hope this is not the case with Bad Company 2. I hope there still working on fixing these issues.

There's fine print saying it's still in development and it doesn't represent the quality of the final product.

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BoozDigi

[QUOTE="BoozDigi"]

[QUOTE="First_Descent"]

amsfm6

There's fine print saying it's still in development and it doesn't represent the quality of the final product.

Well that's good to know. Still, the demo is amazing.
AsadMahdi59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 AsadMahdi59
Member since 2005 • 7226 Posts

is the demo the same as the beta? or is it a new level?

MassMayham57_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MassMayham57_
Member since 2009 • 465 Posts

good thing its just a demo

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BoozDigi

is the demo the same as the beta? or is it a new level?

AsadMahdi59
Its a different level. Now there is Snow! :)
Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I knifed like 2 guys in the face and nothing happened. One guy I might have just missed, but he was also knifing at me so you'd think one of us would've hit each other. I shot him in the face afterwards so no big deal. Then 5 seconds later I knifed through another guy's head and into the wall directly behind him...I know this because there was a giant bullet-hole in the wall right were his head was :|

Ironically enough I was killed by somebody else knifing me about 10 seconds later.

BoozDigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 BoozDigi

I knifed like 2 guys in the face and nothing happened. One guy I might have just missed, but he was also knifing at me so you'd think one of us would've hit each other. I shot him in the face afterwards so no big deal. Then 5 seconds later I knifed through another guy's head and into the wall directly behind him...I know this because there was a giant bullet-hole in the wall right were his head was :|

Ironically enough I was killed by somebody else knifing me about 10 seconds later.

Ospov
Yeah I also had some issues with knifing, were i kept missing, even though the guys were right in front of me.
YoungSinatra25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 YoungSinatra25
The PS3 demo has half the frame tearing of the 360 demo, odd...
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
The only thing that stood out to me were some clipping issues
Ninja_Zombie83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#19 Ninja_Zombie83
Member since 2009 • 1893 Posts
IMO its kinda weak to pick on a demo, I mean...its a demo. It says at the very beginning that it is not a finished product, so are we expecting perfection from something incomplete? Heck you can find inperfections and glitches in finished products *cough*MW2*cough* so even if you find them in a demo and it makes its way to the final product, its probably not that big of a deal anyways. Just people being picky.
krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I noticed how boring the multiplayer is

M0wen10

THIS!

2Chalupas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 2Chalupas
Member since 2009 • 7284 Posts

The PS3 demo has half the frame tearing of the 360 demo, odd... YoungSinatra25

First game was like that too. For whatever reason this engine seems to run better on PS3 than XBOX, with less framrate issues and screen tearing (it's still there though)..

Still I think this is a game that the console versions will not be able to compete with the PC version. Not just in the detail and resolution, but in the actual functionality with the way the game plays. On PC it will support 64 players which completely changes the dynamics on the game with the scale of the maps.

I'm tempted to upgrade my PC for this and Mass Effect 2. It's been awhile since I've been able to play PC games.

gugler990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 gugler990
Member since 2010 • 2009 Posts

- "Killcam" graphical glitches. camera Would zoom in too much into 'Your Killer'. Killer would also be shown running/crouching through walls, objects etc.

- Running over enemies with vehicles doesnt seem to do any damage. When an ememy would run me over, he would go right through me, and not cause any type of damage.

BoozDigi

the beta was fun found nothing but this