Blown away by Modern Warfare 2 teaser trailer!

• 72 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Gamereviews2008
Gamereviews2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Gamereviews2008
Member since 2008 • 277 Posts

http://modernwarfare2.infinityward.com/

Wow, how amazing does this look. Yes, it does not show much but it is a teaser trailer. I cannot wait until some gameplay footage and graphic footage is released. :)

longhorn7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#2 longhorn7
Member since 2007 • 4637 Posts
Looks like more of the same to me. I'm prepared for COD 4.75. Not that most of the core COD players will care.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
Wait wtf? You were "blown away" by that teaser trailer? I think "utter garbage" would be the way to describe that trailer. Yes, it's a teaser, but it didn't show ****. I can't possibly understand how anyone can be hyped for the game by seeing a green squiggly line.... :|
Gamereviews2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Gamereviews2008
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]Wait wtf? You were "blown away" by that teaser trailer? I think "utter garbage" would be the way to describe that trailer. Yes, it's a teaser, but it didn't show ****. I can't possibly understand how anyone can be hyped for the game by seeing a green squiggly line.... :|

Right...
Infinite-Zr0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Infinite-Zr0
Member since 2003 • 13284 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]Wait wtf? You were "blown away" by that teaser trailer? I think "utter garbage" would be the way to describe that trailer. Yes, it's a teaser, but it didn't show ****. I can't possibly understand how anyone can be hyped for the game by seeing a green squiggly line.... :|

I'm guessing he was "blown away" because he never knew that MW2 was confirmed a while ago. So this could be his first confirmation of release. I agree with your statement though, that the teaser is pretty much a waste of space and time.
RotaryRX7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 RotaryRX7
Member since 2003 • 7184 Posts
[QUOTE="RotaryRX7"]Wait wtf? You were "blown away" by that teaser trailer? I think "utter garbage" would be the way to describe that trailer. Yes, it's a teaser, but it didn't show ****. I can't possibly understand how anyone can be hyped for the game by seeing a green squiggly line.... :|Infinite-Zr0
I'm guessing he was "blown away" because he never knew that MW2 was confirmed a while ago. So this could be his first confirmation of release. I agree with your statement though, that the teaser is pretty much a waste of space and time.

Well, when he stated "how amazing does this look" it made me boggled to think someone got a good grasp of the game from that trailer. I understand what you're saying though. I hope you're right. The best part of the trailer was when it ended and showed the release date.
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

How can you be blwon away by....that? It didn't show anything.

Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

Wait wtf? You were "blown away" by that teaser trailer? I think "utter garbage" would be the way to describe that trailer. Yes, it's a teaser, but it didn't show ****. I can't possibly understand how anyone can be hyped for the game by seeing a green squiggly line.... :|RotaryRX7
I definitely agree with you. They could have showed a dump with a broom sticking out of it and put "Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2" on top of it and people would've gotten all worked up about it. The game isn't even out and yet, it already sold a million copies.

bsman00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 bsman00
Member since 2008 • 6038 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamereviews2008"]

Wow, how amazing does this look. Yes, it does not show much but it is a teaser trailer. I cannot wait until some gameplay footage and graphic footage is released. :)

What blew you away the most the greens squiggly line.. or the squiggly line
muller39

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 muller39
Member since 2008 • 14953 Posts

that was the most ridiculous trailer i have seen in a long time. I am so excited for a green line and people screaming. not!!! wait for a real trailer to say u are blown away

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Perception1
Member since 2006 • 1010 Posts
Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-
The_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 The_Solid
Member since 2008 • 1500 Posts
Didn't anyone understand the concept of the teaser?
Gamereviews2008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Gamereviews2008
Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-Perception1
YES, thank you, :D
Avatar image for b3yondstupidity
b3yondstupidity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#15 b3yondstupidity
Member since 2007 • 12500 Posts
...Well there wasn't to much to get happy about.
BenderUnit22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#16 BenderUnit22
Member since 2006 • 9597 Posts
Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-Perception1
Still, "blown away" is either a poor choice of words or some are easily excited.
sumdumsim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 sumdumsim
Member since 2004 • 217 Posts

Maybe he is just a huge fan on oscilloscopes. I think they are kind of neat myself haha.

LP4EVA2005

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 LP4EVA2005
Member since 2004 • 8585 Posts
[QUOTE="Perception1"]Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-Gamereviews2008

well you can thank that 1 person thats backing you up all you want, but that teaser trailer along with this topic.. fails..
Trick933

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Trick933
Member since 2005 • 808 Posts

Hurry everyone go buy more of the same cant go wrong with yet another FPS clone! Im not doubting the fact that this game will be fun but if anyone is expecting to see anything new as far as gameplay....laff.

Sk8ter_213

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sk8ter_213
Member since 2003 • 4573 Posts
hhmm kind of a pointless trailer. I was hoping to see some ingame footage.
SikKwuN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 SikKwuN
Member since 2007 • 1442 Posts
[QUOTE="Gamereviews2008"][QUOTE="Perception1"]Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-LP4EVA2005

well you can thank that 1 person thats backing you up all you want, but that teaser trailer along with this topic.. fails..

i liked the teaser a lot too :( it definately teased me.
Silent-Hal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#22 Silent-Hal
Member since 2007 • 9795 Posts
If that's all you're going to show, don't bother releasing a trailer in the first place. It's just a waste of time.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30688 Posts
How could you be blown away by nothing? The trailer showed some green images. When they actually showed some gameplay or one of those set pieces then I will get excited.
dylan417

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#24 dylan417
Member since 2008 • 5195 Posts

its like the original dark knight movie trailer, its not much, but at least you know its coming, it is enough to get a real Call of Duty fan pumped (like me) :D

I am doubting however that it will be like the other COD games, something just dont feal right about it, but ill get it day it comes out FO' SHO'!!!!!

Anti-Madness

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Anti-Madness
Member since 2008 • 46 Posts

this teaser sucks... as some said ... doesn't show ****!

It's the Release-date set in a graphic video... thats it...

we need footage, thats all :)

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#26 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts
Uh, does the trailer show any gameplay that even has a remote chance of making it on to a console? No. Does the trailer showcase any graphics that might be in the console version? No. Does the trailer introduce any characters that might make it into the final game? No. It is a green squiggly line. Followed by shots. Followed by people screaming. People attempting to say it is anything but that are giving you nothing more than opinions. Their opinions mean nothing. The "trailer" was a waste of time.
G-Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#27 G-Legend
Member since 2005 • 7387 Posts

COD purists are amazed by anything COD related wow...The teaser was a teaser, not much to get excited for you could hardly make out what's happening except for elevators, explosions and fights and you can't even really see them. I'll wait for a trailer before I get excited on what this game entails. I hope it's really different, same formula but tweaked. And I guess I can't really call them COD purists anymore considering this game is just MW2.

Timmeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Timmeus
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts

If the teaser was for something new, a game that hadn't been announced, then it might of been good but for another CoD (which is a sure thing), that had already been announced and most likely will be CoD4.5, it's pretty weak. I like CoD4 but I don't want to support a slightly improved sequel and the trailer showed nothing.

BrideInDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#29 BrideInDream
Member since 2006 • 2262 Posts
hmmmm.. wth is this ???
byrdcjb100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#30 byrdcjb100
Member since 2008 • 383 Posts

it blowed

happysock12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 happysock12
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I don't get it anyone that cant find anything in that trailer is obviously not looking for the right things it takes 2 even 3 looks through to see what this game is going to involve, when the people come out of the elevator 4 of the perks are shown at the top for a few seconds before they disappear again, the game looks as if it is set in rio de janiro as it has the statue in rio de jinero appear at least twice also by the looks of things rather than the british SAS the SBS will be in it as there are scubba divers in the trailer. If you go on the infinity ward website and look at the trailer on there you can slow it down and cycle through the different parts. Pretty sad i know but please don't just say this teaser trailer shows nothing as first it is a teaser and i don't really expect it to show game content yet and secondly it showws plenty if your looking for it.
thepinkzee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 thepinkzee
Member since 2007 • 206 Posts

I don't get it anyone that cant find anything in that trailer is obviously not looking for the right things it takes 2 even 3 looks through to see what this game is going to involve, when the people come out of the elevator 4 of the perks are shown at the top for a few seconds before they disappear again, the game looks as if it is set in rio de janiro as it has the statue in rio de jinero appear at least twice also by the looks of things rather than the british SAS the SBS will be in it as there are scubba divers in the trailer. If you go on the infinity ward website and look at the trailer on there you can slow it down and cycle through the different parts. Pretty sad i know but please don't just say this teaser trailer shows nothing as first it is a teaser and i don't really expect it to show game content yet and secondly it showws plenty if your looking for it.happysock12

Thank you that is what i was exactly going to say

rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts

Eh...whatever works for you.

In my opinion the teaser sucked.

Yes, I know it was a little teaser, and it is only a very small glimpse

But it sucked.

Come IW you can do better then that, the material in it sounded like crap.

TheSystemLord1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#35 TheSystemLord1
Member since 2006 • 7786 Posts

[QUOTE="thepinkzee"]

[QUOTE="happysock12"]I don't get it anyone that cant find anything in that trailer is obviously not looking for the right things it takes 2 even 3 looks through to see what this game is going to involve, when the people come out of the elevator 4 of the perks are shown at the top for a few seconds before they disappear again, the game looks as if it is set in rio de janiro as it has the statue in rio de jinero appear at least twice also by the looks of things rather than the british SAS the SBS will be in it as there are scubba divers in the trailer. If you go on the infinity ward website and look at the trailer on there you can slow it down and cycle through the different parts. Pretty sad i know but please don't just say this teaser trailer shows nothing as first it is a teaser and i don't really expect it to show game content yet and secondly it showws plenty if your looking for it.happysock12

Thank you that is what i was exactly going to say

Well i'm not sure if that was supposed to be sarcastic but if it wasn't then well done your not as thick as the reest of these people

Us "thick" people are saying that there was no reason to be blown away by that trailer.

If perks, a possible location, and the presence of SAS and SBS are enough to blow you away then you are the reason we will see Call of Duty 15 before 2015. The rest of us do not automatically assume a game with the Call of Duty name on it will be any good.

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Perception1

[QUOTE="Perception1"]Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-TheSystemLord1
Uh, does the trailer show any gameplay that even has a remote chance of making it on to a console? No. Does the trailer showcase any graphics that might be in the console version? No. Does the trailer introduce any characters that might make it into the final game? No. It is a green squiggly line. Followed by shots. Followed by people screaming. People attempting to say it is anything but that are giving you nothing more than opinions. Their opinions mean nothing. The "trailer" was a waste of time.

It's a teaser not a full blown trailer, if you could read properly you'd know that's what I wrote. As I already mentioned, a site already analyzed the teaser and there's things in the teaser that give some hints. New perks, possible locations, and proof that it's going to be a trilogy. Leaves people guessing and wanting more...which is what a TEASER does.

Edit: And yes "blown away" is a little extreme, but for the people saying the teaser sucked, it doesn't.

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 CanadianCR
Member since 2008 • 3824 Posts

Didn't care for the trailer .. I already know what too expect out of Modern Warefare 2 ..

Ever play the first? Expect that for the second ..

SoulReaperSam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 SoulReaperSam
Member since 2009 • 62 Posts
wil prob be same gameplay just different levels
CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 CanadianCR

[QUOTE="TheSystemLord1"][QUOTE="Perception1"]Lol people don't understand that it's just a teaser. That was a great teaser. Some people watched it expecting a whole bunch of gameplay and what not. And if you read some of the articles of people analyzing it, you'd see it's much more than just a green squiggly line -_-Perception1

It's a teaser not a full blown trailer, if you could read properly you'd know that's what I wrote. As I already mentioned, a site already analyzed the teaser and there's things in the teaser that give some hints. New perks, possible locations, and proof that it's going to be a trilogy. Leaves people guessing and wanting more...which is what a TEASER does.

Edit: And yes "blown away" is a little extreme, but for the people saying the teaser sucked, it doesn't.

So what they analyzed .. has it been proved to be right?

It didn't tease me .. because it didn't really show me much .. you should have to sit there and watch it over and over to break it down .. that's not a good teaser trailer ..

-WHATTHEDUECE-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#40 -WHATTHEDUECE-
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts

Oh yes COD 4.5 is going to be a completely awesome game! ... seriously this series lost it's appeal and credibility with me when Infinity Ward and Activision decided to release a new game every year, EA sports like... the only difference is that it's an FPS and oh god do we ever need more of those lol.

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts

Really? I thought it was one of the worst teaser trailers I have ever seen

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 Perception1

We'll know if the people who analyzed were right when we see an actual trailer and know more about the plot. Is it seriously that hard to understand what a teaser is? It's the same for most big name titles. As an example, the last trailer for GTA IV before it came out. You had to slow the video down to see the images that went across the screen. You want a full blown trailer with MONTHS left of development so that people can say the game looks like crap when in fact it's no where close to done?

CanadianCR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 CanadianCR

We'll know if the people who analyzed were right when we see an actual trailer and know more about the plot. Is it seriously that hard to understand what a teaser is? It's the same for most big name titles. As an example, the last trailer for GTA IV before it came out. You had to slow the video down to see the images that went across the screen. You want a full blown trailer with MONTHS left of development so that people can say the game looks like crap when in fact it's no where close to done?

Perception1

No where close to be done .. :lol: .. all they are going to do is slap Moder Warfare with some new skins, couple new gun, maps and presto, Modern Warfare 2 .. if you can even call it that ..

Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Perception1

[QUOTE="Perception1"]

CanadianCR

No where close to be done .. :lol: .. all they are going to do is slap Moder Warfare with some new skins, couple new gun, maps and presto, Modern Warfare 2 .. if you can even call it that ..

Haha, yeah I can't say your wrong there. But this is Infinity Ward, not Treyarch so you never know.

happysock12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 happysock12

I don't think you understand the amount of work that goes into developing a game despite them probably going to use the same engine they still have to map all of the levels and storyline which takes in excess of a year on a game the size it is proably going to be.
clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

What has me excited about the teaser trailer is the fact that the game seems that it will not involve some large scale war. That is at least what I got from it. I am honestly expecting a more Rainbox Six-esque type scenario with Modern Warfare 2.

Would anyone mind telling me where to find one of the teaser trailer analysis?

happysock12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 happysock12
Perception1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Perception1

What has me excited about the teaser trailer is the fact that the game seems that it will not involve some large scale war. That is at least what I got from it. I am honestly expecting a more Rainbox Six-esque type scenario with Modern Warfare 2.

clayron

Here is the site http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/a-comprehensive-look-at-the-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-teaser/

And here is a video showing it http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/312024.html

clayron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 clayron
Member since 2003 • 10121 Posts

[QUOTE="clayron"]

Perception1

Here is the site http://www.bingegamer.net/2009/a-comprehensive-look-at-the-call-of-duty-modern-warfare-2-teaser/

And here is a video showing it http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/312024.html

Appreciate that.