Black Ops Server Problems PS3 continue...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

magrurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 magrurry
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Come on, this game cost $65. and all the while you're waitin to get back with your online friends from MW2. but alas, Treyarch strikes again. the game's sound is tinny. it's graphics are about the same as World At War, an abomination. And to top it all off, the servers rarely get you into a game with your friends in under 8 minutes. A lifetime if you're sittin there watchin the screen. My Mic is highlighted, but i can hear other people in the room who's mic's are NOT highlighted or NOT there at all. In the lobby i can hear everyone talking. when the game starts, an eerie silence, then back in the lobby everybody's talkin again. And so many games end either abruptly in the middle of playing with a Lonnnnnnng pause before you find out whats happened, or after the games over, the room suddenly closes, and you have to go get your team together again. and from the "if it aint broke, don't fix it " dept. the game invites are cumbersome. while you can see what your buddies are playing in the PS3's overview mode, you can no longer join games from there, you have to be in the game and press triangle. which might be easier or not, my jury's out there., but it was always nice to know that a guy was playing this or that, and if he was playing what you were, you could invite or join from there. If you are in a party and the match is over, you can no longer "back out" and rejoin your buddies lobby room as a team. why change that? gameplay and mechanics are pretty much the same, but i wonder why Treyarch made this game so reminiscent of world At War, a failed game for the overall part, my community bemoans. As with World at War, when after a while, most of us came back to play COD MW and MW2 (save for all the holdouts that bought all the Zombie maps) This game had better be careful 'cause it's NOT all that.(If i see more than ONE of my friends playing COD MW2, i throw THAT in)
Black Ops has an easy learning curve where you buy weapons and their attachments rather than earn them, and the maps are fun and learnable, but it just doesn't feel....right...i dunno. at ANY rate they need to get the servers in order 'cause i think we're ALL tired of getting kicked after only two games

Sagem28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2 Sagem28
Member since 2010 • 10498 Posts

U Mad Bro ?

Sloan360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 Sloan360
Member since 2009 • 1449 Posts

Every COD game has had problems, now tone down the font size and try to stay calm.

fastgamer01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 fastgamer01
Member since 2003 • 692 Posts

The funny thing is even with all them problems for you. I don't have much trouble with joining friends but i usually do join in session instead of making a party. Still its a more fun (at least to me) no over powered noob tubes, knifing is not as easy to get away with, no quick scoping wannabe's and bigger map's multiplayer.

No one mentions the good parts of this game claymore's back to there full strength if you feel overpowered using a hacker class. chopper gunner got your team beat have a ghost/stella class (wish more people would use the stella instead of giving free kills away) and best fun of all wager matches. to me this is the 3rd best COD game MW1 at number one, COD 2 and number two and now this as number three

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts
Sell, it's what I did. I plan on re-buying it when it hits the 19.99 rack.
MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#6 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

Come on, this game cost $65. and all the while you're waitin to get back with your online friends from MW2. but alas, Treyarch strikes again. the game's sound is tinny. it's graphics are about the same as World At War, an abomination. And to top it all off, the servers rarely get you into a game with your friends in under 8 minutes. A lifetime if you're sittin there watchin the screen. My Mic is highlighted, but i can hear other people in the room who's mic's are NOT highlighted or NOT there at all. In the lobby i can hear everyone talking. when the game starts, an eerie silence, then back in the lobby everybody's talkin again. And so many games end either abruptly in the middle of playing with a Lonnnnnnng pause before you find out whats happened, or after the games over, the room suddenly closes, and you have to go get your team together again. and from the "if it aint broke, don't fix it " dept. the game invites are cumbersome. while you can see what your buddies are playing in the PS3's overview mode, you can no longer join games from there, you have to be in the game and press triangle. which might be easier or not, my jury's out there., but it was always nice to know that a guy was playing this or that, and if he was playing what you were, you could invite or join from there. If you are in a party and the match is over, you can no longer "back out" and rejoin your buddies lobby room as a team. why change that? gameplay and mechanics are pretty much the same, but i wonder why Treyarch made this game so reminiscent of world At War, a failed game for the overall part, my community bemoans. As with World at War, when after a while, most of us came back to play COD MW and MW2 (save for all the holdouts that bought all the Zombie maps) This game had better be careful 'cause it's NOT all that.(If i see more than ONE of my friends playing COD MW2, i throw THAT in)
Black Ops has an easy learning curve where you buy weapons and their attachments rather than earn them, and the maps are fun and learnable, but it just doesn't feel....right...i dunno. at ANY rate they need to get the servers in order 'cause i think we're ALL tired of getting kicked after only two games

magrurry

Wow...

KamuiFei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#7 KamuiFei
Member since 2003 • 4334 Posts

Two things:

1. Paragraphs are your friends

2. Blog about it

jer_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 jer_1
Member since 2003 • 7451 Posts

Send the game back to the bargain bin where it belongs...

anime_gamer007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#9 anime_gamer007
Member since 2007 • 6142 Posts

Wow, talk about wall of text.:roll:

Anyways, yeah. Treyarch really screwed the pooch when it comes to the PS3 version. I don't why we got shafted so hard, they never had any other problems with the PS3 before hand. Despite being a crap game, MW2 runs perfectly on PS3 and I never lag around or feel like the hit detection was off. And the framerate most certainly didn't dip as low as 20 fps when an airstrike happened. If all the tech issues were sorted out, Black Ops would a great game but right now, it's not.

bblundell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 bblundell
Member since 2006 • 1086 Posts
I haven't had all these mentioned issues like you are having. Have had some minor to medium framerate issues when the explosives are going off all at once. I love the game. To each their own I suppose.
magrurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 magrurry
allright, maybe i was a little pissed off, but the game for me is basically the same. getting into friends matches are still hit and miss, with some players audio turned off for me only, and then in the lobby, i can hear them again. that just goes to show that Treyarch isn't addressing problems even now. im not as mad as i was so i withdraw a lot of that and will say good things about Ops, until they start charging me 14.99 for new gigantic (camper heaven) maps. but as soon as Infinity Ward makes MW3 we will ALL be out of here. dont even try and deny that
magrurry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 magrurry

Truth

MonkeySpot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MonkeySpot
Member since 2010 • 6070 Posts

I've never experienced any of what you list, and anything that made me so mad would be out the door. Buy a different game. FAST. BTW - The game will continue without you, and make millions and millions more next month with a new map pack, no matter how large you print your grief.

Let it go, man... Let it go. We've heard all of this before, and it's just not healthy.

Peace.

patrickphan2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 patrickphan2
Member since 2006 • 1888 Posts

Sell, it's what I did. I plan on re-buying it when it hits the 19.99 rack.Fightingfan

lol by the time that happens 2 new COD games will come out

shadow13702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#15 shadow13702
Member since 2008 • 1791 Posts

Your a bit late.. theres been problems for a long time now

DMAN3431

Forum Posts