best replay value

This topic is locked from further discussion.

mcgrady1hou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 mcgrady1hou
Member since 2007 • 170 Posts

trying to decide which fighting game to buy and has the best replay value super street fighter 4 or Mortal kombat

Fightingfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Fightingfan
Member since 2010 • 38011 Posts

I just couldn't get into MK the weight feel I don't care for.

I also don't know if MK has "one frame links" something that's hard to master with every character and that can provide tones of replay value if you try to master them in SSFIVAE.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

I would go with Mortal Kombat. People always call it causual, but I disagree wholeheartedly. The combos can be a bit hard to master, but a lot of the characters some button combinations in common with each other. Mortal Kombat has more content in the game. Street Fighter 4 just has game types such as arcade mode, training mode, and online mode. Mortal Kombat has a all of what Street Fighter has plus more. Mortal Kombat also has a tag match mode, a story mode, and a mission mode. The mission mode is good because it tests your abilities with all the fighters. It will give you crazy objectives. For example, one challenge might ask you to fight a player with combos being disabled. Another challenge might tell you that you can only damage a boss character when he changes a certain color. Street Fighter does not give you a mode to real fighting in. Yes, it gives you a tuturial of each character's special moves and combos, but it does not pit you in any real fights so that you know for certain how things work.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

trying to decide which fighting game to buy and has the best replay value super street fighter 4 or Mortal kombat

mcgrady1hou

If you can, go and rent yourself a copy. But if you can't, go with what franchise you like the most. If you're going to love it, you'll play the hell out of it regardless.

Koi-Neon-X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#5 Koi-Neon-X
Member since 2009 • 2148 Posts

[QUOTE="mcgrady1hou"]

Denji

If you can, go and rent yourself a copy. But if you can't, go with what franchise you like the most. If you're going to love it, you'll play the hell out of it regardless.

THIS. It's a surefire way to figure out what you'll like. Redbox rents games for about $2.00 I believe. Also, if you buy used (I don't) at Gamestop you have a couple of days to return it if you don't like it. I recommend Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition because it's a really competent fighter and this version includes some extra characters.