Ben Judd: 'Kojima needs to put the clamps on himself'

• 106 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 AgentH
Member since 2004 • 4636 Posts

Bionic Commando producer says Metal Gear legend needs to 'give himself only 30 minutes' for storytelling.

No WAY!! I have to disagree with this guy! wth??? This will be killing the franchise!

I smell jealousy. Don't have the means to create mind blowing cutscenes Mr. Produver? Lazy enough? Giving us 30 mins cinematics in total is LAZINESS for me and especially when it comes to MGS!

Source: What was he thinking?

nobodylive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 nobodylive
Member since 2005 • 1880 Posts
Haha like someone can tell someone how to direct their own game. He doesnt know how Grade A MGS's story is.
3000s

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 3000s
Member since 2005 • 1284 Posts

Bionic Commando producer says Metal Gear legend needs to 'give himself only 30 minutes' for storytelling.

No WAY!! I have to disagree with this guy! wth??? This will be killing the franchise!

I smell jealousy. Don't have the means to create mind blowing cutscenes Mr. Produver? Lazy enough? Giving us 30 mins cinematics in total is LAZINESS for me and especially when it comes to MGS!

Source: What was he thinking?

AgentH

This guy should just really STFU. Some devs think a paragraph of dialogue and multiple hours of mindless shooting is the way to go and expect high praise for it. Hideo Kojima makes quality games and thats solid facts. The nerve of some devs is really alarming.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 AgentH

Haha like someone can tell someone how to direct their own game. He doesnt know how Grade A MGS's story is.nobodylive

And a Bionic Commando producer? meh.

emitsu97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 emitsu97
Member since 2003 • 10720 Posts
I'm not reading too much into it as he's a producer from CAPCOM. He also made some remarks about Bioshock receiving what he felt were unjustified acclaims.
Avatar image for kenshinhimura10
kenshinhimura10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 kenshinhimura10
Member since 2008 • 555 Posts
If DMC 4 has around 2 hours of cinematics, why cant MGS 4 have 4 times that? That producer is just stuck in the cavern days when games were simple and nothing else. If he wants to make games like that, then go to the cellphone business.
Avatar image for TheLegendKnight
TheLegendKnight

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 TheLegendKnight
Member since 2007 • 1853 Posts

ahh i dont care what he says but this actually was more surprising in the site ;

Metal Gear Solid 4
Platform:PlayStation 3
Also On:Xbox 360
Publisher:Konami
Developer:Konami
Genre:Stealth
UK Release:Out Now!

steel_0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 steel_0
Member since 2008 • 121 Posts

Bring him to me I will kick his ass,MGS4 was awe,awe,awe,awe,awe,awe,awe,awe,awe,awe,awe.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 AgentH

ahh i dont care what he says but this actually was more surprising in the site ;

Metal Gear Solid 4
Platform:PlayStation 3
Also On:Xbox 360
Publisher:Konami
Developer:Konami
Genre:Stealth
UK Release:Out Now!

TheLegendKnight

LOL nice.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

First off all Ben Judd is such a well-known person in the gaming industry....I agree with him just because of his reputation.

It's sarcasm for the ones that don't know.

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AgentH

First off all Ben Judd is such a well-known person in the gaming industry....I agree with him just because of his reputation.

rogerjak

I stopped reading at "First off all Ben Judd is such a well-known person in the gaming industry" are you kidding me?? :P

xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
Ben Judd is a joke.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
The MGS series would have sucked if it was in that time, it will be like any other soldier game.
Scarletred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Scarletred
Member since 2006 • 3199 Posts
*Grabs his L96 AW* OOOOOHHH NO THIS FOOL DIDN"T!!!!
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 rogerjak
[QUOTE="rogerjak"]

AgentH

I stopped reading at "First off all Ben Judd is such a well-known person in the gaming industry" are you kidding me?? :P

That better be the way of you joking or I will backhand slap you.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

rogerjak

the ":P" explains it man.

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 rogerjak
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

AgentH

You were supposed to laugh at me backslapping you :P
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

rogerjak

nah

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 rogerjak
[QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="rogerjak"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="rogerjak"]

AgentH

nah

damn...:P
Mcortijo01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Mcortijo01
Member since 2003 • 2589 Posts

That's pretty bold of him to tell someone what to do in their own game.

RazMaTaz-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 RazMaTaz-1
Member since 2007 • 2097 Posts
lol, Ben Judd. Hes the fool taht was giving information on Devil May Cry 3 Forum back in the days when DMC3 was in early development and got caught, leading him to be transferred to another department :lol:
Avatar image for americahellyeah
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#22 americahellyeah
Member since 2006 • 16548 Posts
LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 AgentH

LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.americahellyeah

exactly. Kojima should be teaching him and not the opposite. Seriously, what was he thinking?

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 americahellyeah

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.AgentH

exactly. Kojima should be teaching him and not the opposite. Seriously, what was he thinking?

We should all go over to his house and heckle him!
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 jt4mtb
Member since 2003 • 2352 Posts
[QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.americahellyeah

I'm in. How about I bring my own bionic arm and use that to keep prodding him? *prod*

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.jt4mtb

I'm in. How about I bring my own bionic arm and use that to keep prodding him? *prod*

and then lets tie weights around his legs so he can't jump and then make him play through all the MG games in order!
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 AgentH
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.jt4mtb

Yes, there's the spirit. We must teach that sucker what is to waste other people's lives with BS commentaries like that. He needs to pay every second he wasted of our lives with his garbage. I'm out though.

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.AgentH

Yes, there's the spirit. We must teach that sucker what is to waste other people's lives with BS commentaries like that. He needs to pay every second he wasted of our lives with his garbage. I'm out though.

Its okay, i'll bring along a couple Pvt Prinnies, the'll do our dirty work :evil:
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.americahellyeah

Its okay, i'll bring along a couple Pvt Prinnies, the'll do our dirty work :evil:

Alright, commencing operation "Judd Eater".

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 rogerjak

Your weapons are no match for my ultimate power!

The Purple Power!

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

"Naked Judd Eater" ...... O_o!?!
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rogerjak
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

Ok, now I don't want to have nothing do to with this.
americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 americahellyeah
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]LOL! so the guy who made "bionic commando" thinks he can tell the guy who made "MG1,2 and MGS1,2,3,4, and ZOE 1, 2" how to tell a story... lol who the ef does he think he is!? if he thnks a story should obviously only last 30 minutes he clearly doesn't know how to tell a story.rogerjak

Ok, now I don't want to have nothing do to with this.

okay what about "Judds of Liberty."
jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 jt4mtb

okay what about "Judds of Liberty."americahellyeah

"Portable Judds"?

AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 AgentH

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]okay what about "Judds of Liberty."jt4mtb

"Portable Judds"?

or Judds of the Patriots? In any case, we should eliminate him, ASSASSINATE him, TERMINATE him, and destroy the system, before it's too late. If he gets his hands on his father's DNA, we're finished.

jt4mtb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 jt4mtb
[QUOTE="jt4mtb"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]okay what about "Judds of Liberty."AgentH

"Portable Judds"?

or Judds of the Patriots? In any case, we should eliminate him, ASSASSINATE him, TERMINATE him, and destroy the system, before it's too late. If he gets his hands on his father's DNA, we're finished.

But what if he has a Metal Gear JUDD? Hmmm, I can only imagine what that could be like...

rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 rogerjak
[QUOTE="jt4mtb"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]okay what about "Judds of Liberty."AgentH

"Portable Judds"?

No more MGS4 for you mister!
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 AgentH
[QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jt4mtb"]

[QUOTE="americahellyeah"]okay what about "Judds of Liberty."rogerjak

"Portable Judds"?

No more MGS4 for you mister!

I'm playing it as I'm posting. MOUAAHAHAHA. :P Now get the job done already. Judd must DIE!

Dark-Pain

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Dark-Pain
Member since 2008 • 481 Posts
There are barely games like mGS4 out there. He should shut up.
theking85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 theking85
Member since 2008 • 74 Posts
Ben who? hmmmm.......never heard of him.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 AgentH

who the f@** he thinks he is !

Guys you just find a way to make him come here to Bolivia i'll do the rest nobody will ever think of Bolivia

and stop putting his g@* name on MGS games please.

dantesergei

true statement.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#43 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Who cares what this fool says. His game most likely won't even be good.
Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
that is blasphemy omg if mgs did not have the perfect epic storyline i wouldnt love it as much even though it has the perfect gameplay that is unrivaled and i suspect will be for a long time but these days i very much so enjoy a great story! thank you hideo kojima or making the mg saga all it could be and then some i truly canot contemplate a developer that can out do kijimas briliance! here is to your new saga kojima san! YATA!
Avatar image for Meko_Gear_Solid
Meko_Gear_Solid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Meko_Gear_Solid
Member since 2008 • 583 Posts
[QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"][QUOTE="jt4mtb"][QUOTE="americahellyeah"][QUOTE="AgentH"]

lol hahaha thats freakin briliant agent h! haha commencing operation unvirtous judd mission... *lights cigar* NOW! talk about a time paradox ^,>;;

americahellyeah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 americahellyeah

lol hahaha thats freakin briliant agent h! haha commencing operation unvirtous judd mission... *lights cigar* NOW! talk about a time paradox ^,>;;

Meko_Gear_Solid
Thats what we're here for 8)
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 AgentH

that is blasphemy omg if mgs did not have the perfect epic storyline i wouldnt love it as much even though it has the perfect gameplay that is unrivaled and i suspect will be for a long time but these days i very much so enjoy a great story! thank you hideo kojima or making the mg saga all it could be and then some i truly canot contemplate a developer that can out do kijimas briliance! here is to your new saga kojima san! YATA!Meko_Gear_Solid

YATA!

LightThief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 LightThief
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
You guys suck... hard... You're ripping on a guy for ripping on another guy, wow, so he has an opinion just like you do and for the same reason you hate him others hate you.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
I can't help but thinking that the MGS story would have been better if it had been told in a more streamlined way.
AgentH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 AgentH

You guys suck... hard... You're ripping on a guy for ripping on another guy, wow, so he has an opinion just like you do and for the same reason you hate him others hate you.LightThief

*ALERT BEEPS*
*HQ! HQ!*
*ENEMY SIGHTED!*