Battlefield 3 online question.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts

I bought Battlefield 3 for the PS3, and I don't have my PS3 hooked up to internet yet. But anyways, The game came with an online pass code, or something like that. I bought it used from Gamestop, so would that pass code still work? Do I have to have it to play online?

Sorry for the noob question, but thanks in advance.

Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts

Well if you bought it used the code probably won't work anyway. You need the online pass to play online. Say you get internet on your PS3 and the code doesn't work, you can always buy one from the in game store or the Playstation store for 10 bucks.

ShadowsDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#3 ShadowsDemon
Member since 2012 • 10059 Posts
If it's used it's likely it won't work. However, it's still possible. My copy of Uncharted 3 was preowned and the online code still worked. :)
moej88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#4 moej88
Member since 2007 • 799 Posts

Well if you bought it used the code probably won't work anyway. You need the online pass to play online. Say you get internet on your PS3 and the code doesn't work, you can always buy one from the in game store or the Playstation store for 10 bucks.

Killzonage

Exactly, once you hook it up, go online and try to see if it works, if not then you need to buy the online pass code (10$) to be able to play online. Amazing game though, expecially the multiplayer.

Killzonage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 Killzonage
Member since 2012 • 397 Posts
Yeah the SP is garbage and really doesn't make much sense. The online is where it is at.
RodWelst777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 RodWelst777
Member since 2012 • 25 Posts
Thanks... Much appreciated.
codymcclain14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 codymcclain14
Member since 2010 • 6017 Posts
Thanks for the replies. I think I'm going to return it, and spend $5 more to get it new. The only reason I bought that game was to play online.