Assassin's Creed 2 Question

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xXreaperXx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xXreaperXx101
Member since 2004 • 619 Posts

Is Assassin's Creed 2 being made on the PS3 disc first and then transferred over to the 360 disc? Does anyone know? I heard that it is but I'm not sure if that's true. Can someone bring some light on the topic for me please?

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 nero_rules
Member since 2008 • 738 Posts
...what?
Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#3 Mutt523
Member since 2008 • 3805 Posts
...what?nero_rules
I think he is asking if AC 2 is going to be on the 360.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#4 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
[QUOTE="nero_rules"]...what?Mutt523

Ummm yeah. The first one was on both the 360 and PS3. Why wouldn't it be on the 360?
nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nero_rules
[QUOTE="nero_rules"]...what?Mutt523

Well that's a pretty bizarre way of asking.
T-Machine99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 T-Machine99
Member since 2007 • 1848 Posts

Errr....what do you mean??:?

Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mutt523
[QUOTE="Mutt523"][QUOTE="nero_rules"]...what?nero_rules

I know but you got a better idea what this guy is saying?
nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nero_rules
[QUOTE="nero_rules"][QUOTE="Mutt523"] I think he is asking if AC 2 is going to be on the 360.Mutt523

I know but you got a better idea what this guy is saying?

Nope.
xXreaperXx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 xXreaperXx101

I know that Assassin's Creed 2 is for the 360 and the PS3 but the original AC was made on the 360 disc first and then it was transferred over onto the PS3 disc which made the PS3 version a little too bright for the eyes and a little glitchy in the fighting scenes. What I'm asking is if Assassin's Creed 2 is being made on the PS3 disc first and then transferred over to the 360 disc which would result in way better graphics for the PS3 version than the 360 version would.

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 nero_rules

I know that Assassin's Creed 2 is for the 360 and the PS3 but the original AC was made on the 360 disc first and then it was transferred over onto the PS3 disc which made the PS3 version a little too bright for the eyes and a little glitchy in the fighting scenes. What I'm asking is if Assassin's Creed 2 is being made on the PS3 disc first and then transferred over to the 360 disc which would result in way better graphics for the PS3 version than the 360 version would.

xXreaperXx101
Um, games don't get transferred from one system's disc to another like that. But if you're asking which is the lead platform for development, I don't think there is one. The two versions are probably being developed simultaneously.
Meemtyke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Meemtyke
Member since 2006 • 73 Posts
Doesn't sound possible...
Mutt523

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Mutt523

[QUOTE="xXreaperXx101"]

nero_rules

Um, games don't get transferred from one system's disc to another like that. But if you're asking which is the lead platform for development, I don't think there is one. The two versions are probably being developed simultaneously.

I agree.

xXreaperXx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 xXreaperXx101

[QUOTE="xXreaperXx101"]

nero_rules

That's what I thought too but I started to question myself when I went into GameStop to reserve it the other day and they said that it was being transferred over from the PS3 disc to the 360 disc which would result in much better graphics for the PS3 version. Just wanted to make sure that I was thinking right. I guess the GameStop employee that told me this was a car salesman in on point in his life. He just told me that to switch my reserve from the 360 to the PS3. I will switch it back then.

nero_rules

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nero_rules

[QUOTE="nero_rules"][QUOTE="xXreaperXx101"]

xXreaperXx101

That's what I thought too but I started to question myself when I went into GameStop to reserve it the other day and they said that it was being transferred over from the PS3 discto the 360 disc which would result in much better graphics for the PS3 version. Just wanted to make sure that I was thinking right. I guess the GameStop employee that told me this was a car salesman in on point in his life. He just told me that to switch my reserve from the 360 to the PS3. I will switch it back then.

Moral of the story: don't believe everything (or anything) a Gamestop employee tells you.
xXreaperXx101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xXreaperXx101

[QUOTE="xXreaperXx101"]

[QUOTE="nero_rules"] Um, games don't get transferred from one system's disc to another like that. But if you're asking which is the lead platform for development, I don't think there is one. The two versions are probably being developed simultaneously.nero_rules

That's what I thought too but I started to question myself when I went into GameStop to reserve it the other day and they said that it was being transferred over from the PS3 discto the 360 disc which would result in much better graphics for the PS3 version. Just wanted to make sure that I was thinking right. I guess the GameStop employee that told me this was a car salesman in on point in his life. He just told me that to switch my reserve from the 360 to the PS3. I will switch it back then.

Moral of the story: don't believe everything (or anything) a Gamestop employee tells you.

Yeah I won't listen to what they tell me again.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
He's asking if the PS3 is the lead platform, when a game is developed on multiple consoles, one console serves as the lead platform and then the game is optomized for other consoles. Typically the way it works is the 360 is the lead platform and I wouldn't envision this being any different.
Warriorboy1990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

#17 Warriorboy1990
Member since 2008 • 3813 Posts
He's asking if the PS3 is the lead platform, when a game is developed on multiple consoles, one console serves as the lead platform and then the game is optomized for other consoles. Typically the way it works is the 360 is the lead platform and I wouldn't envision this being any different.Sepewrath
Actually the first one was originally announced for the PS3, then Ubisoft ported it to the 360, then later to the PC.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts
[QUOTE="Sepewrath"]He's asking if the PS3 is the lead platform, when a game is developed on multiple consoles, one console serves as the lead platform and then the game is optomized for other consoles. Typically the way it works is the 360 is the lead platform and I wouldn't envision this being any different.Warriorboy1990
Actually the first one was originally announced for the PS3, then Ubisoft ported it to the 360, then later to the PC.

I'm talking multiplat titles in general not Assassins Creed, yeah I know that one just like FFXIII has PS3 as the lead platform because the 360 version came later, but in this case both versions came about at the same time and typically when that happens the 360 is the lead platform.
x8VXU6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#19 x8VXU6
Member since 2008 • 3411 Posts

Is Assassin's Creed 2 being made on the PS3 disc first and then transferred over to the 360 disc? Does anyone know? I heard that it is but I'm not sure if that's true. Can someone bring some light on the topic for me please?

xXreaperXx101

WAT???? do u mean will it be a port no it will be on both systems at the sametime

josh494

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 61

#20 josh494
Member since 2008 • 841 Posts
He's asking if they're gonna make the game on the pS3 then port it to the 360 before relaease. Which is the base console/
hot_shot_9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 hot_shot_9
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

If ur asking is it multiplat, yes...

But if ur asking is it going 2 be made for ps3 first and then converted for the 360 version i dont know ae.... Would be better if they did it like that but i dont think so, or it may not fit in a 360 disc