Are you planning on getting SSX? Come here!

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 MethodManFTW
Member since 2009 • 26516 Posts

Hi everyone!

So, as you may or may not know... I am excited for SSX.

I've been watching all the footage I can about this game and it looks incredible..

Anyhow, I didn't make this thread just to pimp the game..

If you seen a decent amount of footage you have probably saw it is taking and improving the speed wall for Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit..

So SSX is best played with AS MANY people as possible on there friends list with SSX... Therefor I want my friends to be packed with SSX duders..

If you are planning on getting SSX, post up your PSN and I will send you an invite (or just feel free to add me, MethodMan008 on PSN).

Watch this if you haven't already.

http://www.giantbomb.com/quick-look-road-show-ssx/17-5580/

^A decently long demo of all the great features, and some absolutely sick runs too, featuring one of the producers of the game with Ryan Davis and Coonce.

SGTDucks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SGTDucks
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

SSX FTW my most anticipated game!!!!!!!!!

PSN ID McDangles-5

Can't wait to go shredding. I snowboard all the time in real life and their has never been a good snowboarding video game. Can't wait!!! Lets hit the slopes its going to be a rad time. Anybody picking up SSX add me. I want to have a lot of PSN friends with this game. It will be GOTY!

JokerCB7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 JokerCB7
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
Definitely the ONLY day 1 purchase for me this year ... unless NCAA Football changes something (doubt it) or GTA 5 comes out.
Kojo222

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Kojo222
Member since 2005 • 1301 Posts
Sounds like a good idea. PSN ID: Kojo220
blaze_adeel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#5 blaze_adeel
Member since 2008 • 933 Posts
"raises hand" i am ! PSN below
187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 187umKILLAH
Member since 2010 • 1414 Posts

It has Online pass so not interested

Avatar image for PoisoN_Facecam0
PoisoN_Facecam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 PoisoN_Facecam0
Member since 2009 • 3734 Posts
Hell yes.. I've been looking forward to a new SSX since this gen started. finally we get one (Blur doesn't count)
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#9 nightshade869
Member since 2007 • 3457 Posts

187umKILLAH
lol really?? You have got to be kidding me. Do you have something against the people who make and publish this game making money? That's like me going to your work and thinking about buying something until I realized I had to pay you for your services.
187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 187umKILLAH

[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

nightshade869

lol really?? You have got to be kidding me. Do you have something against the people who make and publish this game making money? That's like me going to your work and thinking about buying something until I realized I had to pay you for your services.

Thats the stupidest comparsion I've ever seen. They made their money on the initial sale, they have NO reason to double dip and recieve a second payment off a second hand copy its pure greed and you supporting it is pure stupidity. Do you really think people that rent games want to pay an extra fee just to play that rented game online? Get real. Besides no one asked you to share my beliefs and views on this topic so get over it

nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 nightshade869
Methodman, I don't have enough time right now to watch the video, but plan to in the near future so I was hoping if you knew if this game has local split-screen play? I am assuming 2 player?
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 nightshade869

[QUOTE="nightshade869"][QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

187umKILLAH

Thats the stupidest comparsion I've ever seen. They made their money on the initial sale, they have NO reason to double dip and recieve a second payment off a second hand copy its pure greed and you supporting it is pure stupidity. Do you really think people that rent games want to pay an extra fee just to play that rented game online? Get real. Besides no one asked you to share my beliefs and views on this topic so get over it

lol you need to spend more time in system wars if that is the most stupid comment you have ever seen. I also don't know what no one asked you to share my beliefs...what? Anyways, I still feel my point is valid. It is a well known fact that used game sales are killing the industry which is why we see so many sequels and not a lot of original IP's lately. The reason a lot of developers are having to close shop. Why should gamestop get all the profit off a game they didn't spend millions of dollars making? I see nothing wrong with an online pass if you want to play the game and that is just my opinion which I am entitled to post on a public forum by the way. I know I am in the minority with this view, but when I buy a game I make sure to research it well enough to know it is worth my money and I always support the developer by buying new because I want them to make more games in the future.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="nightshade869"]Methodman, I don't have enough time right now to watch the video, but plan to in the near future so I was hoping if you knew if this game has local split-screen play? I am assuming 2 player?

No split screen at launch, they've said they might add it in a future update...
nightshade869

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 nightshade869
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"][QUOTE="nightshade869"]Methodman, I don't have enough time right now to watch the video, but plan to in the near future so I was hoping if you knew if this game has local split-screen play? I am assuming 2 player?

No split screen at launch, they've said they might added it in a future update...

Thanks for the reply!! Toys R Us has it on sale for 45 dollars so I was on the fence about ordering it. I will make up my mind tomorrow lol.
187umKILLAH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 187umKILLAH

lol really?? You have got to be kidding me. Do you have something against the people who make and publish this game making money? That's like me going to your work and thinking about buying something until I realized I had to pay you for your services.nightshade869

lol you need to spend more time in system wars if that is the most stupid comment you have ever seen. I also don't know what no one asked you to share my beliefs...what? Anyways, I still feel my point is valid. It is a well known fact that used game sales are killing the industry which is why we see so many sequels and not a lot of original IP's lately. The reason a lot of developers are having to close shop. Why should gamestop get all the profit off a game they didn't spend millions of dollars making? I see nothing wrong with an online pass if you want to play the game and that is just my opinion which I am entitled to post on a public forum by the way. I know I am in the minority with this view, but when I buy a game I make sure to research it well enough to know it is worth my money and I always support the developer by buying new because I want them to make more games in the future.

Good for you, now tell someone who cares...
-Grieves-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 -Grieves-
Member since 2007 • 1708 Posts

Yeah I'm gonna get it.

PSN: Grieves1

If anyone sends me a friends request, let me know you are from Gamespot / GameFAQ and you are adding me for SSX.

Orpheus_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Orpheus_Evo
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

Hey, MethodManFTW.

What happened to "Saint's Row: The Third"?

You change Avatar & Sig everytime you're "on" a new game? o_O

ryrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#18 ryrulez
Member since 2008 • 11605 Posts
Coonce wrote a thing about it if you haven't seen it - http://www.giantbomb.com/ssx/61-33393/my-time-on-the-slopes-with-ssx/35-533702/. I'll probably get it eventually, there's just too many god-damn videogames.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#19 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
sure am. Looking forward to it just like the original and tricky
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 MethodManFTW
[QUOTE="ryrulez"]Coonce wrote a thing about it if you haven't seen it - http://www.giantbomb.com/ssx/61-33393/my-time-on-the-slopes-with-ssx/35-533702/. I'll probably get it eventually, there's just too many god-damn videogames.

Yeah man, I can't wait for the spring rush.. I'm just filling time with video games I missed from last year now. And yeah, I checked that out. Sounds pretty sweet, and Coonce should write stuff more often.. :P
LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts

im getting it just payed it off today. PSN: NJLurch87

just put ssx in request

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MethodManFTW

Hey, MethodManFTW.

What happened to "Saint's Row: The Third"?

You change Avatar & Sig everytime you're "on" a new game? o_O

Orpheus_Evo
Nothing happened to Saints Row.. Still an awesome game. But, nah... I just randomly change my set up every now and then.
Orpheus_Evo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Orpheus_Evo
Member since 2004 • 178 Posts

Nothing happened to Saints Row.. Still an awesome game. But, nah... I just randomly change my set up every now and then.MethodManFTW

Heh... Ok... Cool. I couldnever do that... it's a lot of work for my laziness. :P

BoxingTheStars

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 BoxingTheStars
Member since 2007 • 1241 Posts

I will be playing SSX so feel free to add me! PSN= BoxingTheStars. But if you add me send a messages saying you are from gamespot (i tend to deny random invites from people that i have no idea who they are)

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 MethodManFTW

[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]Nothing happened to Saints Row.. Still an awesome game. But, nah... I just randomly change my set up every now and then.Orpheus_Evo

Heh... Ok... Cool. I couldnever do that... it's a lot of work for my laziness. :P

It takes like five seconds.. But yeah, its definitely superfluous.. I've got a photobucket account full of different sigs and avatars. :O
Avatar image for Console_Gamer93
Console_Gamer93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Console_Gamer93
Member since 2007 • 2712 Posts

Most anticipated game for me this year and I'm getting it new (probably not day 1 though). I've been craving a great snowboarding game for a long time.

LURCH87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 LURCH87
Member since 2008 • 1375 Posts

i have gotten a few requests already and i plan on adding the rest of the people in this thread later on today. more friends on this game equals more chances for money.

tjricardo089

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 tjricardo089
Member since 2010 • 7429 Posts

I don't know if I should, I need to try it first.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 MethodManFTW
SSX demo hitting PSN next Tuesday, February 21st! Also, if there is anyone else planning on getting SSX for PS3, post up your PSN or send me a friend request.. My friends list is almost full, got about 70 peeps for SSX. :D
hkymike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 hkymike
Member since 2003 • 2425 Posts
I'll definitely be getting it from gamefly! I am looking forward to it
JokerCB7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 JokerCB7
Member since 2011 • 74 Posts
I WAS going to get it on Day 1, but then I took a snowball in the knee ... but honestly, my wife said NO ... and I have no marbles
Avatar image for Dark_Metamorphosis
Dark_Metamorphosis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#33 Dark_Metamorphosis
Member since 2003 • 13353 Posts

[QUOTE="nightshade869"]Methodman, I don't have enough time right now to watch the video, but plan to in the near future so I was hoping if you knew if this game has local split-screen play? I am assuming 2 player?MethodManFTW
No split screen at launch, they've said they might add it in a future update...

That's really weak

madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 madzero4
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts
[QUOTE="ryrulez"]Coonce wrote a thing about it if you haven't seen it - http://www.giantbomb.com/ssx/61-33393/my-time-on-the-slopes-with-ssx/35-533702/. I'll probably get it eventually, there's just too many god-damn videogames.

i no right lol
madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 madzero4
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]SSX demo hitting PSN next Tuesday, February 21st! Also, if there is anyone else planning on getting SSX for PS3, post up your PSN or send me a friend request.. My friends list is almost full, got about 70 peeps for SSX. :D

thanx for the information regarding the demo
madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 madzero4
PSN MadZero4 only add if your getting ssx
gamerguy845

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#37 gamerguy845
Member since 2007 • 2074 Posts
[QUOTE="187umKILLAH"]

nightshade869

You both are at other ends of the extremes. While I usually won't refuse to buy a game because of an online pass, it really is the developer's greed and hassle for honest gamers.
madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 madzero4
[QUOTE="MethodManFTW"]SSX demo hitting PSN next Tuesday, February 21st! Also, if there is anyone else planning on getting SSX for PS3, post up your PSN or send me a friend request.. My friends list is almost full, got about 70 peeps for SSX. :D

is this ssx app only 4 the iphone?
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 MethodManFTW
@madzero4 They haven't commented on it... On the SSX uber cast the director (Todd Battey) was acting like the app doesn't even exist... So I think it might be getting delayed.
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MethodManFTW

gamerguy845

You both are at other ends of the extremes. While I usually won't refuse to buy a game because of an online pass, it really is the developer's greed and hassle for honest gamers.

It's not up to developers, it's the publishers decision.
madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 madzero4
when does the ssx demo come out !!!! like what time midnight noon iwant to play B4 i go to class in the morning lol
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 MethodManFTW
when does the ssx demo come out !!!! like what time midnight noon iwant to play B4 i go to class in the morning lolmadzero4
It'll be up when the psn store updates.. usually around 6pm ct, but it's totally random for the most part.
madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 madzero4
from what ive the demo is amazing PSN needs to get it up already lol
madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 madzero4
from what ive the demo is amazing PSN needs to get it up already lolmadzero4
*heard*
enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I've never played an SSX game before, but what's so great about this game? I don't think I've ever seen such hype for an extreme sports game. I must be missing something. I'm intruiged by this game as I enjoyed 1080 but that was ages ago :| Maybe it's time to try out a snowboarding game again.

MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MethodManFTW

I've never played an SSX game before, but what's so great about this game? I don't think I've ever seen such hype for an extreme sports game. I must be missing something. I'm intruiged by this game as I enjoyed 1080 but that was ages ago :| Maybe it's time to try out a snowboarding game again.

enz2
Fast game play, awesome tricks, tons of different drops, beautiful colors. Demo is coming up tonight, try it out man! :D
enz2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 enz2
Member since 2007 • 1689 Posts

I might just have to ;)

madzero4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 madzero4

enz2
ive tried a few other snowboarding games B4 but ssx is the only 1 i really like
Anthony204

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Anthony204
Member since 2011 • 25 Posts
yea i plan on getting it. cant promise a day 1 purchase but definately on my games to buy list. my psn is werehog202
MethodManFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 MethodManFTW
Ssx demo is finally up. Until they update the storefront you gotta go to view all titles, s, then ssx.