Are there any games you bought and did not finish?

• 85 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSdual_wielder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#51 PSdual_wielder
Member since 2003 • 10646 Posts

bioshock, ut3(crappy singleplayer), far cry 2.

I'm trying to get through bioshock on hard before the feb games releases, and I don't think I'll ever bring myself to play far cry 2, one of the worst buys I've ever made.

Jayvan_JJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#52 Jayvan_JJ
Member since 2006 • 1044 Posts
i have two games for ps3 and i still havent beaten any of those twofunsohng
I have two games I haven't finished, they're great games...but..well here they are: FALLOUT 3 & Resistance 2...I'm always playing CoD4 online with my friends and clan, we have soo much fun, nothing compared to anything...well if they would all have R2 then yes that'll beat it, o yea and Ki||zone 2...maybe, but I'm not going to buy that game until I'm sure of it's success by reviews...it is not that I'm disappointed in the games...I just want to play something for three hours not more than that, everytime I decide to play FALLOUT 3 or Resistance 2 I get so hooked, like for about 4 hours...they're so great I need to make them last...:D
taplok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#53 taplok
Member since 2005 • 4473 Posts

i do and i still have plans to finish them, it's just because i have little time to play...

1. Assassin's Creed
  2. Grand Theft Auto IV
  3. Valkyria Chronicles
  4. Dead Space

thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
Assassins Creed
weaponx178

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55 weaponx178
Member since 2006 • 72 Posts
Assassins creed, its a beautiful looking game but after the 1st 2 or 3 hours it got real repetitive so i stopped playing, i also got bioshock at the same time and i was starting to get into it but at times i feel all freaked out and it does become scary specially when your all by yourself in the dark, but i do want to get back to it i just started the 3rd lvl. i just recently finished GTA4 which i picked up when it came out and didnt finish till yesterday now im just trying to get the rest of the trophies. im probably going to get uncharted, LBP and dead space this week but i dont know yet as for dead space i really liked the demo and i thought it was hugely underrated but i dont want to be creeped out like with bioshock.
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56 freham2001
Member since 2004 • 2719 Posts
Definitely. GTA4 comes to mind first. Total i started two stories; one before the trophy patch and one after. I finished neither of them. I just wasnt that into it, which is a shame...ive always loved gta.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#57 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Not on PS3, but the only game I bought and didn't finish was Sonic Heros on GC. That game frustrated me so much I didn't care anymore and I'm the type of person that prefers to finish it first before I ever consider selling it.

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Definitely. GTA4 comes to mind first. Total i started two stories; one before the trophy patch and one after. I finished neither of them. I just wasnt that into it, which is a shame...ive always loved gta.freham2001

To be honest, GTA4 was the first GTA game I've ever finished. I've been playing GTA since the first one. I've always thought of GTA as a "run around and raise hell" type of game I never took seriously enough to go through the story.

burock76

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#59 burock76
Member since 2008 • 1220 Posts
Oblivion game of the year edition.I got sick of the game and it's crappy quest.Shivering Isle was so boring.K1LLR3175
Same here
beekayjay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#60 beekayjay
Member since 2008 • 1732 Posts
Never finished GTA4...got bored of it. It plays like a normal linear game, you just need to drive between levels. True sandbox games are dead. Never finished Resistance: FoM...also boring. Over-rated, mediocre shooter. No thrills, nothing at stake, no sense of urgency. Never finished Dead Space...I love the game, but I'm at the very last boss and I upgraded my equipment poorly. To have a fighting chance, i need to replay the last few stages and power up better. But since I kinda know I'm at the end, and I know I'll beat it eventually, and I know I simply have to replay parts over again, I don't have much incentive to really do it. Bad Company...great game, esp. multiplayer, but the single player is boring and pointless; not as bad as Resistance but close.
armorbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61 armorbreaker
Member since 2008 • 489 Posts
Heavenly Sword and Ninja Gaiden Sigma, someday I'll come back and beat these games.
brown_flame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62 brown_flame
Member since 2005 • 598 Posts
Orange Box ....MOST GARBAGE AND STUPID GAME IV EVER COME A ACROSS.... it was so bad i didnt even bother to finish it !!!! but then again i respect the opinions of ppl who actually enjoyed it :|
MrGanny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63 MrGanny
Member since 2009 • 2911 Posts
Ninja Gaiden Sigma, too annoying and frustrating, but for some reason is still is awesome.
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
None. I finish all of my games.
trav_have

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 1

#65 trav_have
Member since 2004 • 5712 Posts
I havent beaten lots of my games. Its not that I dont like them, I just always end up going back to NHL 09. Last year, 08, and next year, 2010. Still havent beaten Resistance 2, GTAIV, Fallout 3, Ratchet and Clank Future, R6V, Skate, Motorstorm 1, ....and I dont remember which other ones. I beat MGS4, but thats because it's such an epic series that I had to. That game kept me away from NHL, which is difficult to do.
Sedg87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#66 Sedg87
Member since 2004 • 314 Posts

I need to finish-

Dead Space - Owned since release and I'm only on chapter 3.

Far Cry 2 - Played for around 20 minutes since I bought it.

Heavenly Sword - Played about an hour.

Doubt I'll finish them all before KZ2 and Resi5 come out :p

bigd575

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 185

#67 bigd575
Member since 2008 • 6192 Posts
The last game I bought and didn't finish was True Crime:New York City for Xbox.
SOedipus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68 SOedipus
Member since 2006 • 14822 Posts
I did not finish Far Cry 2, Grand Theft Auto IV, LittleBigPlanet, Resistance 2, Halo 3, Mass Effect, Oblivion, Fallout 3, and all of the Final Fantasy games.
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
Umm the Orange Box, Haven't finished anything on it(got about 3/4 done with Portal but quit cause i like the flash version better lol). Half-life was just too buggy to even get through. The OJ Box is probably the only game i bought that haven't finished but there is Ninja Gaiden Sigma which i rented and couldn't even finish the first level. Just the camera angles got on my nerves and having to constantly mash the buttons is just not fun to me.
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70 freham2001
Umm the Orange Box, Haven't finished anything on it(got about 3/4 done with Portal but quit cause i like the flash version better lol). Half-life was just too buggy to even get through. The OJ Box is probably the only game i bought that haven't finished but there is Ninja Gaiden Sigma which i rented and couldn't even finish the first level. Just the camera angles got on my nerves and having to constantly mash the buttons is just not fun to me. FF6fan
i dont get all these people that say the orange box was way too glitchy to play. I played through every game on it and i never encountered one problem.............Maybe yall just dont like half life? :|
--Rob--

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71 --Rob--
Member since 2009 • 376 Posts

Heavenly Sword is one of the best games on the ps3....Dernholm

That is a great game, story is so-so, but damn is it a fun game. Not too long of a game either (never understood those "too short" complaints).

Assassins Creed - great concept, gameplay and graphics but hot dam there is waaaaay too much extraneous side quests/run arounds. Ive come back to this game 4 times in a year and a half and still cant stay with it enough to finish. Will probably try again though cuz Im close.

Ninja Gaiden - Just too damn hard, horrible save spots (or lack thereof). I will come back to this one though.

GTA4 - Never been a fan of these games, got sucked in to the hype. Probably try it again though.

CoD5 - Is there actually a story going on in that campaign? Back to Cod4 for me.

The Simpsons - :lol: Really just got this one to play with the kids anyways

grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#72 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
Unreal Tournament 3, Formula 1 Championship Edition The 2 lamest games Ive ever bought
grand17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#73 grand17
Member since 2007 • 2079 Posts
The last game I bought and didn't finish was True Crime:New York City for Xbox. bigd575
haha ya i bought that game and played for 5 minutes, probably the only game I didnt finish on ps2
BostonDieNasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74 BostonDieNasty
Member since 2008 • 742 Posts
umm well gta i havent finished yet i think thats the only one but i still have socom and fallout 3 that i havent even opened yet!!
Hulk965

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75 Hulk965
Member since 2008 • 241 Posts
Iron Man OMG What were i thinking :shock:
FF6fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76 FF6fan
Member since 2007 • 1637 Posts
[QUOTE="FF6fan"]Umm the Orange Box, Haven't finished anything on it(got about 3/4 done with Portal but quit cause i like the flash version better lol). Half-life was just too buggy to even get through. The OJ Box is probably the only game i bought that haven't finished but there is Ninja Gaiden Sigma which i rented and couldn't even finish the first level. Just the camera angles got on my nerves and having to constantly mash the buttons is just not fun to me. freham2001
i dont get all these people that say the orange box was way too glitchy to play. I played through every game on it and i never encountered one problem.............Maybe yall just dont like half life? :|

Thats the thing i loved Half-life one but never got a chance to play Half-life 2. I got the OJ box for half-life 2 and it's a shame that the framerate dips so low that it looks like it's almost frozen. There were also the bugs during swamp-boat level on jumps. My boat would continiously get stuck on the ramp. So after about the 10 time of it happening i quit. I still have it but just haven't gotten around to finishing it.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
[QUOTE="K1LLR3175"]Oblivion game of the year edition.I got sick of the game and it's crappy quest.Shivering Isle was so boring.Canvas_Of_Flesh
I couldn't agree more. I honestly tried like 5 times to get into this game and I just couldn't. It bored me to tears.

Thank you! I bought it on xbox and it was pure crap! then with all the hype bought it again for PS2 and I really tried hard to like it... but it sucks donkey b***!
romainsimoni

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78 romainsimoni
Member since 2002 • 1955 Posts
Most of the games I bought out of hype or poor insight, like Oblivion, Devil May Cry 4, GTA IV and The Eye of Judgement.
RJLateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79 RJLateralus
Member since 2007 • 969 Posts
Dead Space .! its to scary 1357
What???? it I found that game an adventure game not an horror game... never scared me (only the end, but you r not even playing that part)
scotthulluk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#80 scotthulluk
Member since 2008 • 186 Posts
FAR CRY 2 and Haavenly Sword they didnt engage me at all but Uncharted and MGS4 i could put them down awsome games!
solidsnakemoon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81 solidsnakemoon
Member since 2006 • 320 Posts

Little Big Planet :(

rodney130

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82 rodney130
Member since 2004 • 1139 Posts
Motorstorm. Got really far in the game, and then it got too frustrating.
pooka216

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83 pooka216
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts
UT3, like someone said, just a terrible version of multiplayer Uncharted, amazing game, i kind of just got it though Resistance 2, got it for christmas, but got hooked on WAW, i will eventually finish GTA4, just messed around with cheats and stuff, the story didnt interest me...
freham2001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84 freham2001
[QUOTE="freham2001"][QUOTE="FF6fan"]Umm the Orange Box, Haven't finished anything on it(got about 3/4 done with Portal but quit cause i like the flash version better lol). Half-life was just too buggy to even get through. The OJ Box is probably the only game i bought that haven't finished but there is Ninja Gaiden Sigma which i rented and couldn't even finish the first level. Just the camera angles got on my nerves and having to constantly mash the buttons is just not fun to me. FF6fan

Thats the thing i loved Half-life one but never got a chance to play Half-life 2. I got the OJ box for half-life 2 and it's a shame that the framerate dips so low that it looks like it's almost frozen. There were also the bugs during swamp-boat level on jumps. My boat would continiously get stuck on the ramp. So after about the 10 time of it happening i quit. I still have it but just haven't gotten around to finishing it.

Thats a shame. You should definitely continue it on the PC if you can :)
leovieyra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85 leovieyra
Member since 2007 • 111 Posts
Grand Theft Auto 4 and Assassins creed both dissapointed me. Boriiing!! I wonder why is that? Boring sand box games? Because San andreas was the sh..t I was addicted to it.