Anyone else unimpressed by GOW III demo?

• 51 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mega_Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Mega_Mustaine
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

Maybe it's my SD tv....but the gameplay feels the exact same as ps2 releases. I loved those releases....but if I wanted to play that again, I would put in the GOW collectio, not buy a new game.

I know the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" concept...but I would have liked to see maybe some more evolution in the combat or at least a little bit of evolution. It literally feels and plays the exact same as GOW 1 and 2. I hope the final release doesn't play this way, otherwise I don't see how it will justify a $60 purchase. What do you guys think?

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts

Maybe it's my SD tv....but the gameplay feels the exact same as ps2 releases. I loved those releases....but if I wanted to play that again, I would put in the GOW collectio, not buy a new game.

I know the "don't fix it if it ain't broke" concept...but I would have liked to see maybe some more evolution in the combat or at least a little bit of evolution. It literally feels and plays the exact same as GOW 1 and 2. I hope the final release doesn't play this way, otherwise I don't see how it will justify a $60 purchase. What do you guys think?

Mega_Mustaine
I thought it was epic... and it felt a lot better than the other games. To be honest, what did you expect, a point and click adventure?
tommyas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 tommyas
Member since 2007 • 2594 Posts
Watch the new Gametrailers TV. If that doesnt impress you, then i dont what else would. Im now hyped much more after watching it.
nitsud_19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 nitsud_19
Member since 2004 • 2519 Posts

Nope. I went in expecting something and I got it. Also from the previews the demo doesnt come close to the epicness of the actual game. Don't fix what isnt broken, I dont know what you were expecting... maybe to click a button and go to 3rd person/1st person view or something. This series is about solid gameplay and thats exactly what i got.

haze_blaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 haze_blaze
Member since 2003 • 3907 Posts
The demo itself already showed that this game is going to be much more epic than the previous games! Plus, after seeing the GTTV special on it, I HAVE to own this game... it's going to be truly amazing.
GrandJury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 GrandJury
Member since 2009 • 15396 Posts
I loved it.
Doomtime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Doomtime
Member since 2004 • 4282 Posts
I've read that the demo is a very early build. Doesn't hold much weight for me.
gregbmil

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 gregbmil
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

Maybe it is your SDTV:P I for one can't wait for this game, and I loved the demo even though it is basicly the same as the others with updated graphics. I love the GoW's so that's fine with me.

beet0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 beet0
Member since 2004 • 134 Posts

i thought it was wack..

Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts
[QUOTE="Mega_Mustaine"]

thetruespin
I thought it was epic... and it felt a lot better than the other games. To be honest, what did you expect, a point and click adventure?

Maybe a Kratos Kart, or Kratos Tennis. Now that would be awesome right? Right?!
spanky3584

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 spanky3584
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

great demo cant wait for the game

thetruespin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 thetruespin
Member since 2008 • 3256 Posts
[QUOTE="thetruespin"][QUOTE="Mega_Mustaine"]

DragoonKain1687

exactly... it is the final part of the GoW series... OF COURSE it is similar to the other 2 games... it would be like having the final part of Star Wars set based on the Juarasic Park island
redskins26rocs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 redskins26rocs
Member since 2009 • 2674 Posts

i think the game looks amazin

krsvbg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 krsvbg
Member since 2008 • 626 Posts

I loved it.GrandJury

Pelon208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Pelon208
Member since 2005 • 3375 Posts

I totally totally totally totally LOVE IT!!!

mlbslugger86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#16 mlbslugger86
Member since 2004 • 12867 Posts

i was very impressed. if that was an early build of the game imagine the completed game

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
LOL. SDTV?
ks1990steelman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ks1990steelman
Member since 2009 • 1418 Posts

I loved it. New awesome graphics, maybe best on PS3 (I have an LCD HDTV), new moves, new enemies (that Centaurus fight was awesome), new weapons... What exactly did you expect?

Twister_69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Twister_69
Member since 2006 • 141 Posts

the demo is great 8)

Adziboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#20 Adziboy
Member since 2007 • 10187 Posts
""Maybe it's my SD tv....but the gameplay feels the exact same as ps2 releases"" Your SDTV makes the gameplay feel the same?
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts

I loved it. New awesome graphics, maybe best on PS3 (I have an LCD HDTV), new moves, new enemies (that Centaurus fight was awesome), new weapons... What exactly did you expect?

ks1990steelman
imho the graphics arent that good, kz2 and u2 has better. gow3 is nowhere near the best either... the only thing that stood out graphically in the demo was the main menu lol.. and thats with his but anyways i thought this was the first time i ever played gow3 and i was expecting ALOT more than a basic annoying hack and slash... im so not buying this game.. waste of 60 dollars, i dont like hack and slashers like that. ninja gaiden is better.
Avatar image for DragoonKain1687
DragoonKain1687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 DragoonKain1687
Member since 2009 • 256 Posts

[QUOTE="DragoonKain1687"][QUOTE="thetruespin"] I thought it was epic... and it felt a lot better than the other games. To be honest, what did you expect, a point and click adventure?thetruespin

exactly... it is the final part of the GoW series... OF COURSE it is similar to the other 2 games... it would be like having the final part of Star Wars set based on the Juarasic Park island

Now why would I not see that. I mean, its like the Rancor Pit, but for the whole movie xD

naaros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 naaros
Member since 2009 • 330 Posts

I loved the demo - very fun. I got frustrated at one part, though. The stupid flying harpies, lol. Like the first time you have to use them to cross to the other side, I kept falling off, and I wasn't sure why. I was jumping at the right time to get onto the 2nd one, but it just wouldn't take. Took me like 5 minutes to get across XD. The next time you have to cross a gap, I did it the first time, so no idea what was up, lol.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts
i thought it was really good, but that was before i played 1 and 2. i need to play it again and see if i still like it.
Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Furanko_Kun
Member since 2007 • 1103 Posts
After playing the demo... I figure I need to get an LCD TV for my PS3 >_> At the moment my 360 is using my HDTV while the PS3 is in the corner with the SDTV v_v But also it was an early build :D
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="Furanko_Kun"]After playing the demo... I figure I need to get an LCD TV for my PS3 >_> At the moment my 360 is using my HDTV while the PS3 is in the corner with the SDTV v_v But also it was an early build :D

should be the other way around ;)
hiccup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#27 hiccup
Member since 2006 • 3856 Posts

Mega_Mustaine

The demo they released is an old build the actual game looks way better trust me. I just saw the Gametrailers coverage of some gameplay it looks nothing like the demo it looks way better and it runs smoother approximately like 10x better. So far the reviews say thats its just like GOW 1 and 2 they are saying it's too similiar and that they really changed anything to the formula except graphics and scale..sooo yes upgrade to a better tv.

NemeSyS-1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 NemeSyS-1
Member since 2009 • 464 Posts

Mega_Mustaine

What exactly is it that you were disappointed in? The graphics are some of if not the best ever seen in an action game. The gameplay is smooth and as great as it always was. I dont know how to respond to you TC. What were you expecting? God of War FPA(First Person Adventure)? GoW is and always will be a hack-n-slash action game!!

Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Furanko_Kun
[QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Furanko_Kun"]After playing the demo... I figure I need to get an LCD TV for my PS3 >_> At the moment my 360 is using my HDTV while the PS3 is in the corner with the SDTV v_v But also it was an early build :D

Nah I've had my 360 for longer, and just got my PS3 like a week ago. I'd figure the veteran should get the HD privileges. Man Cave rule #1 XD
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 starwarsjunky
[QUOTE="Furanko_Kun"][QUOTE="starwarsjunky"][QUOTE="Furanko_Kun"]After playing the demo... I figure I need to get an LCD TV for my PS3 >_> At the moment my 360 is using my HDTV while the PS3 is in the corner with the SDTV v_v But also it was an early build :D

Nah I've had my 360 for longer, and just got my PS3 like a week ago. I'd figure the veteran should get the HD privileges. Man Cave rule #1 XD

or hook them both up to the HDTV lol
Furanko_Kun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Furanko_Kun

Forgot to mention: It is a shared man cave xD Figured it settles future quarrels, which it has :D
starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 starwarsjunky
Furanko_Kun

Forgot to mention: It is a shared man cave xD Figured it settles future quarrels, which it has :D

just buy another tv then haha
Mega_Mustaine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 Mega_Mustaine
Member since 2005 • 674 Posts

I guess I'm the minority here, hahah. No, it's definitely fine that people disagree, good to hear other's perspectives.

I guess I wish the gameplay had evolved a little more. Like i said, I know this is a demo so I'm not judging it too harshly. But when a variety of moves/combos are the exact same (square, square, triangle) and everything feels JUST like it did on GOW 1 with minimal changes, I donno...I kind of was hoping the series would evolve a bit more.

gamer082009

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 gamer082009
Member since 2007 • 6679 Posts

Yeah, I thought I was the only one that felt like the gameplay was somewhat boring. I didn't like the fact that I couldn't control the camera..every time my first mind would tell me to navigate the camera with the right thumbstick and he'd roll (I'm like wtf)..The game looks good, but the gameplay is just too lacking. I hope the final product doesn't feel like this because it's a let down if that is the case. I'll be renting this one instead

mf1986

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35 mf1986
Member since 2005 • 706 Posts

to be honest i have never played a demo that blow my mind, cuz it is just the demo. it is the entire package that impress or disappoint.

but from the demo i know that they are going in the right direction.

Bobzfamily

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#36 Bobzfamily
Member since 2008 • 1514 Posts

I was pretty much enthralled by it. The graphics are great (people who say they aren't clearly don't know what they're talking about) and the combat is so smooth and handles well. The demo contaiend some awesome moments, with great QTE's. It seems similar to the last game, but the Helios part and then flying up through the mountain afterwards just seemed really damn epic. This is my most anticpated game of the year.

zey2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 zey2k
Member since 2004 • 266 Posts

it's a the same demo from E3...it's 8 months old, 8...months. you know how much work they can put in a game in that time?

anyways, pants here shat when i played the demo

frielock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 frielock
Member since 2004 • 104 Posts
I liked the demo we got a day one here. Seems like alot is going on onscreen ( more enemies, titans in the background and more weapons). I like forward to the developers creativity with the battles and plot.
parvie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 parvie
Member since 2008 • 2168 Posts

The demo is an OLD build of the final game. I you want proof, go to Gametrailers and watch the new footage. I still think that releasing the demo now was a bad idea-- with the old build and all.

bootsgame

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 bootsgame
Member since 2009 • 297 Posts

havent downloaded it yet.

Takuzi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#41 Takuzi
Member since 2009 • 251 Posts

Maybe I was expecting too much from this game...I was slightly disappointed after playing the demo.

JudgementEden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 30

#42 JudgementEden
Member since 2004 • 2832 Posts

I wasn't disappointed at all. I went in expecting a lame game that plays exactly the same as the first two games, and that's exactly what I got. Deleted the demo after playing for about 20 minutes. GoW is very boring in my opinion. I hate Kratos too, so that doesn't help things.

Of course, everyone is saying "HUH, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, A PUZZLE GAME!!?! HAHA"

Of course those who didn't like it didn't expect it to transform into a different genre. What a stupid reply those types are. Devil May Cry 4, a very good game that was blasted by some because it was too similar to DMC3. Why are games such as that looked upon badly and GoW get's a pass, for exactly the same thing?

kkevguy47k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 kkevguy47k
Member since 2008 • 900 Posts

I expected it to be an "good, but not worth my time game", and what I got was a "great, I might borrow it or something". I have pretty high standards for games because I have limited time to play them

Hyde006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 Hyde006
Member since 2007 • 99 Posts

Well you get everything from the last game plus they are going to add onto it with new abilities..well hopefully unless they do something lame and take them away like the second one...

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts
Right now the demo is just more God Of War in HD. But the new footage does looks good. but sticking to what we have now i dont like Herpy ride pressing right on the d pad to access new weapon which those wolf gloves suck(they do damage though) i hope you dont have to keep doing that icarus ride
Avatar image for Ultrabeatdown55
Ultrabeatdown55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Ultrabeatdown55
Member since 2008 • 15314 Posts

Nope. When I played back in October, I loved every second off it. When it reached the end with the flings and flying up, my jaw was literally on the floor. Game is going to be EPIC!

PSP107

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 PSP107
Member since 2007 • 18825 Posts

I wasn't disappointed at all. I went in expecting a lame game that plays exactly the same as the first two games, and that's exactly what I got. Deleted the demo after playing for about 20 minutes. GoW is very boring in my opinion. I hate Kratos too, so that doesn't help things.

Of course, everyone is saying "HUH, WHAT DID YOU EXPECT, A PUZZLE GAME!!?! HAHA"

Of course those who didn't like it didn't expect it to transform into a different genre. What a stupid reply those types are. Devil May Cry 4, a very good game that was blasted by some because it was too similar to DMC3. Why are games such as that looked upon badly and GoW get's a pass, for exactly the same thing?

JudgementEden

did you justsay DMC4 was avery goodgame? *laughs*

shafrox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#48 shafrox
Member since 2005 • 349 Posts

I think its your SDTV that let you down. I know this because i used a SDTV myself. The graphics are really not that great for SDTV because i am 100% certain MGS4 looks way better than Gow3 demo on my 21" SDTV.

As for the gameplay mechanics i dont think there is anything to complain about. There are some really cool new moves that im dying to try out.

Hope they have already optimized the graphics a tad bit for SDTV on the final version.

bizzy420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 bizzy420
Member since 2005 • 2730 Posts
After playing the demo... I figure I need to get an LCD TV for my PS3 >_> At the moment my 360 is using my HDTV while the PS3 is in the corner with the SDTV v_v But also it was an early build :DFuranko_Kun
doesnt your tv have multiple hd inputs? i cant imagine playing my ps360 on sdtv.
shani_boy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 shani_boy101
Member since 2006 • 5423 Posts

[QUOTE="Mega_Mustaine"]

NemeSyS-1

What exactly is it that you were disappointed in? The graphics are some of if not the best ever seen in an action game. The gameplay is smooth and as great as it always was. I dont know how to respond to you TC. What were you expecting? God of War FPA(First Person Adventure)? GoW is and always will be a hack-n-slash action game!!

speaking of first person god of war, the gametrailers TV special (which was AMAZING) has a scene where you get to see first-hand, what it's like to be killed by Kratos in first-person. it was brutal.