Anyone else not interested in Little Big Planet?

• 67 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

User Lists: 0

#1 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I'm not even the slightest bit interested in this game. I've seen the gameplay videos and it does nothing for me. I'm not really into making stuff in games anyway. Even choosing the look, race and attributes of my character in an RPG pisses me off. I just want to play the game!

I don't like the look of the sackboy things either and really not interested in paying full price for a 2D platformer.

Anyone else not bothered about LBP?

StealthKnife

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 StealthKnife
Member since 2008 • 2104 Posts
i know it seems kidish, but give it a try and rent it, i was talking to a guy that got the beta and he said its fun, i still dont know if i will bujy it or not, but 60$ is aliitle to much for me
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
Interested, but not buying into the whole "revolution in gaming" hype.
medhopeful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 medhopeful
Member since 2006 • 351 Posts
It's not that I'm not interested, but I just don't understand why it's become such a phenomenon.
ANUBISZER0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#5 ANUBISZER0
Member since 2005 • 841 Posts
I'm not interested in it either nor do I see the grand appeal.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts
I have no interest in the game.
TOOLFRENZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 TOOLFRENZY
Member since 2004 • 571 Posts
It's normal for a lot of people to not be interested in this game. People are attracted to different genres, which is what makes the video game community so diverse. For those who love to create something great out of nothing, and to find creative solutions to different problems, like me, I think this game is really going to be something. Me personally, not a huge fan of FPS games, the last one I played was F.E.A.R., but I gotta admit, that game falls into my top 10 PC games, it was great. I'm more attracted to Adventure/Action/RPG games.
nc_soldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nc_soldier
Member since 2004 • 789 Posts
I'm in the beta, and after playing it I've decided not to buy it. Imo it's fun, but it's just a game where you mess around for 30min or an hour now and then, it's not a type of game I see myself sitting down and playing for weeks, so I'll rather buy something like far cry 2 and fallout 3. Just my opinion though, and it might change if user created content turns the game in a totally different direction at some point, but all user created content I've seen so far is again just stuff you'll mess around with for an hour or something and then get tired.
daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
I think it looks ok, but i'm still curious on what all the hypes about because it does'nt look that good to be honest.
anesthesie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 anesthesie
Member since 2007 • 336 Posts

I can't agree. I am ridiculously excited for it.

I haven't played a full game in months and I'm going to piss my pants waiting for this. (And the PS3 version of Bioshock.... Then I'll probably resign my game-playing ways for six months and buy Mirror's Edge long past its release date.....)

sm3llyd3c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 sm3llyd3c
Member since 2008 • 172 Posts
I got the Beta, hoping it would be great but It's ruined my thoughts for it. I was gonna buy on release day, all of the hype just made it seem better but I didnt find it all that great.
pyromaniac223

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 pyromaniac223
Member since 2008 • 5896 Posts
I got the Beta, hoping it would be great but It's ruined my thoughts for it. I was gonna buy on release day, all of the hype just made it seem better but I didnt find it all that great.sm3llyd3c
I personally think hype is going to kill this game for a lot of people
Shinedown220

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Shinedown220
Member since 2007 • 1181 Posts

I'm in the Beta and I love it, its really awesome playing all the different levels people make, and alot of them, are good.

Plus, I want to play all of the Media Molecule levels.

And try to create that one masterpiece.

sanpreet8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 sanpreet8
Member since 2008 • 2111 Posts
LBP just doesn't interest me
x-2tha-z

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#15 x-2tha-z
Member since 2003 • 8994 Posts

I'm in the Beta and I love it, its really awesome playing all the different levels people make, and alot of them, are good.

Plus, I want to play all of the Media Molecule levels.

And try to create that one masterpiece.

Shinedown220

How long does it take to make a good level that would take at least 10 minutes to play?

daveversion1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 daveversion1
Member since 2007 • 1005 Posts
It does seem to be VERY over hyped, like stupidly over hyped.
EvilShark94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 EvilShark94
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts
i thought it was going to be stupid at first but theni dont how (i guess from alot of the hype) i want it this may be one of the only good games for the ps3
tOtalPWNaAe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 tOtalPWNaAe
Member since 2008 • 3375 Posts
i had high high hopes for the game but when i played the beta it took every chance of me buying it
TOOLFRENZY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TOOLFRENZY
Member since 2004 • 571 Posts

It does seem to be VERY over hyped, like stupidly over hyped.daveversion1

I know what you mean, It's a harsh reality that too much hype can kill a potentially great game. I hope LBP doesn't suffer this fate. Maybe if we "DeHyped" the games we are looking forward to from now on, they will seem better upon release.

bdhoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 bdhoff
Member since 2003 • 4104 Posts
I wasn't interested at first. The really early talk of the game made it sound like just another cutesy platformer. Later came the talk of having a level editor, which I thought would be generic. Then the beta hit and I saw what people were capable of making and now I want to try it for myself.
ENIXMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ENIXMAN
Member since 2003 • 710 Posts
Do not want.
xYamatox

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xYamatox
Member since 2005 • 5180 Posts

I want it. LBP looks like one of those games that people will only like if they are creative enough to make interesting maps. Also, it looks like a good game that both me and my girlfriend could enjoy together, since she isn't too interested in most FPS games (she's excited for Killzone 2 though. I'm also trying to get her to play Fable 2 when it comes out.)

xialon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#23 xialon
Member since 2007 • 593 Posts

At first I thought it was going to be amazing, but now I have second thoughts about it.

It has so many options that it is to the point of overwhelming. Creating your own maps will take a helluva long time.

The idea is nice, however it is not that revolutionary.

I will pass.

diablo2602

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 diablo2602
Member since 2006 • 192 Posts
are you kidding me? this game is Insane! well i guess if your just all about shooters than your probably not going to like it. im currently in the beta and the beta is an unfinished type of demo basically.... and with that limited version alone i played the game for 8 hours straight for two days! this game will be insane mark my words... if you dont want to play thats fine... missing out on a great game though!
ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts
this is only the 30th topic on the same exact question. and not all of them were made by you. so if i were to make an educated guess, i'd say there are ppl not interested.
ronniepage588

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#26 ronniepage588
Member since 2003 • 4188 Posts

dude, you haven't played it. when you do, come back, and then tell me your opinion on it.

i've been playing the lbp beta, i even posted a youtube video i made last week when i first got it called "Sackbride!" i did a half decent job on it i think, it was only my first try.

but heres the thing, the creation mode is SUPER addictive. and then you post it, and you keep checkin if people played and what they think. and then you go and play them, and they all have leaderboards so everyone battles on the good levels to get the best scores.

but i have to say, the levels MM made on their own make a very good platformer and theres tons of unlockables secrets and really intuitive platforming. but then you go online and you see something like Little Big Computer and it blows your mind. so im totally confident that it will exceed MM's expectations as far as user creativity goes. its going to be a joy for them and for us as well.

ChiSoxBombers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 ChiSoxBombers
Member since 2006 • 3700 Posts

dude, you haven't played it. when you do, come back, and then tell me your opinion on it.

i've been playing the lbp beta, i even posted a youtube video i made last week when i first got it called "Sackbride!" i did a half decent job on it i think, it was only my first try.

but heres the thing, the creation mode is SUPER addictive. and then you post it, and you keep checkin if people played and what they think. and then you go and play them, and they all have leaderboards so everyone battles on the good levels to get the best scores.

but i have to say, the levels MM made on their own make a very good platformer and theres tons of unlockables secrets and really intuitive platforming. but then you go online and you see something like Little Big Computer and it blows your mind. so im totally confident that it will exceed MM's expectations as far as user creativity goes. its going to be a joy for them and for us as well.

ronniepage588

congrats on ur level i just watched it a minute ago. pretty sweet for a level in reverse.

how long did it take you to make?

Wii60Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Wii60Joe
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

i know it seems kidish, but give it a try and rent it, i was talking to a guy that got the beta and he said its fun, i still dont know if i will bujy it or not, but 60$ is aliitle to much for meStealthKnife

I have the beta and its better than i thought it was going to be :)

WR_Platinum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 WR_Platinum
Member since 2003 • 4685 Posts
What I find interesting is when people make threads about a game they are not interested... It almost makes me think that the TC is actually interested in the game after all.
kar008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 kar008
Member since 2004 • 526 Posts
hehe i am also not interested but lets see
Wii60Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Wii60Joe
[QUOTE="ronniepage588"]

ChiSoxBombers

congrats on ur level i just watched it a minute ago. pretty sweet for a level in reverse.

how long did it take you to make?

yea LBP is addicting ill make sure to add you in a bit..
kingdre

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 kingdre
Member since 2005 • 9456 Posts
If the single player sucks or is absent altogether, then I'm probably gonna sit this game out. I doubt I'll have the patience to customize a whole level anyway.
Wii60Joe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Wii60Joe
If the single player sucks or is absent altogether, then I'm probably gonna sit this game out. I doubt I'll have the patience to customize a whole level anyway.kingdre
The levels that are in the beta are fun but its better with 4 players online or on one tv
proximo642

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#35 proximo642
Member since 2003 • 991 Posts

Sorry. When a game gives the players that much creative ability and they build the game on a Community platform where you can get noticed or become a star based on your level designs. I don't see would not be excited about it.

The side scroll Platformer is deep in the roots of all gamers and you now basically get to design your own.

Why not be excited.

hxcpride

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 hxcpride
Member since 2008 • 1135 Posts
this game has too much hype.
gryphonfeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 gryphonfeather
Member since 2008 • 63 Posts

Alright... I now actually have time to comment... now that the beta is all but over.

The simple truth is this game does rock. It rocks because there is so much you can do. The single-player is just as solid as the multi-player (although, nothing beats a slap-fest or dragging someone off the edge to their death, or stickering the hell out of someone, etc, etc, etc in multi-player). The levels that come with the game are top-notch. Very enjoyable, diverse, with an easy path through... and usually a harder path with more reward. You will also play a level several times, just because, damn-it-all, you only got 70% of all the available rewards... and you know that other 30% is SOMEWHERE!

Creating a level takes all of a few minutes... creating a GOOD level a few hours. But you could make something and have a blast in about 20 minutes. I spent over 2 hours just pulling up random objects I had won as rewards from other people's levels and attaching either rockets or explosives to them... and rolling on the floor with my friends at the results. A large plushy Bunny that keeps saying "love me" is hIlArIoUs if you attach rockets to its feet and a large explosive to its head that detonates on impact. Not to mention a duckrolled-mobile flying down an obscenely huge ramp into a landmine field.

As to the player-made levels themselves... there are platformer levels... but they are actually not a majority. I have seen everything from a Smash-Brother's Brawl type arena(4-player on this one was some of the most fun I have had in a LONG time), to a Wipeout race track. I have seen a Tower defense stage, and a ton of Shadow of the Colossus inspired ones (a bit overdone, really). Space invaders, pin-ball, calculators, beautiful music machines, one interestingly-designed RTS style level, and stages meant to be comedy skits that were genuinely, side-splittingly funny.

And many of them ran the spectrum from nail-bitingly hardcore difficult, to easily accessable and laid-back. There is tension and excitement... if the creator wants it... or laughter and hilarity. There are edge-of-your-seat moments and fall-off-your-seat moments. The constant battle to get your name on top of the scoring lists is also a thrill, just for those bragging rights. {Grin} Getting to the top of a stage, taking a screen shot of the score board, and then randomly joining other peoples games just so you can plaster said screenshot all over their pod as a form of "bragging tagging" is priceless.

On top of that, nothing... and I do mean nothing... beats working on that visionary stage, that masterpiece; placing it up, and watching the people who have played it start racking up. The feedback system is rewarding and engaging... and hella addictive. I would play a level, check on my level's scores, play a level, check on my level's scores, play a level.... on and on and on.

Alright... for a post labled "Not interested in LBP", I think I have hijacked it for long enough. The simple truth is... play it, before you judge it. If you go into it expecting the right things, then it is NOT NEARLY HYPED ENOUGH. It blows away the current hype, and makes you wonder why it is not being raved about more. Then again, if you expect something entirely different than the things I posted above from your games... then LittleBigPlanet is not for you. No harm in that... nothing wrong with it... but neither is enjoying a game that is just GENUINELY fun.

truenextgen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#38 truenextgen
Member since 2007 • 3911 Posts

It's not that I'm not interested, but I just don't understand why it's become such a phenomenon.medhopeful

User create. And simple stuff. Things work, just because they work. Its something Micro and other bizz's have never really ever figured out, and tried to force.

FatChuwawa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 FatChuwawa
Member since 2007 • 736 Posts
not interested at all. not my type of game. although i do give respect to the level editor and how much planning goes into making a level. Its not just slap a level together in 5 mins, you have to go about it logically
Roushrsh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Roushrsh
Member since 2005 • 3351 Posts
At first the game didn't interest me, but I played the beta and it was awesome, still not going to going to make me put up 60 bucks though...
thelastguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 thelastguy
Member since 2007 • 12030 Posts
I need to play it before I can make a decsion on whether to buy it or not.
yeaaboii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 yeaaboii
Member since 2008 • 451 Posts
i played the beta... its a good idea but for me it would eventually get really boring... im sticking to shooters.
DataDream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#43 DataDream
Member since 2004 • 3195 Posts

The only thing that interests me in the slightest about this game is that it's SciFi - everything - and I do mean EVERYTHING else about this game seems lackluster and just plain blah to me.

Put me down for the "will not buy" list - I'm glad people like it and it is being released for them. Just not for me.

samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 samourai_v87
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts

[QUOTE="sm3llyd3c"]I got the Beta, hoping it would be great but It's ruined my thoughts for it. I was gonna buy on release day, all of the hype just made it seem better but I didnt find it all that great.pyromaniac223

I for once agree with you. Though it's a new game with interesting features but it's no where near "ZOMG" or "BEST PS3 exclusive".

hellshemi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 hellshemi
Member since 2006 • 908 Posts

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="sm3llyd3c"]I got the Beta, hoping it would be great but It's ruined my thoughts for it. I was gonna buy on release day, all of the hype just made it seem better but I didnt find it all that great.samourai_v87

I for once agree with you. Though it's a new game with interesting features but it's no where near "ZOMG" or "BEST PS3 exclusive".

I was debating and leaning toward picking this up until I played the beta. Good game but just seems like it won't last that long for me.
Mavlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Mavlow
Member since 2007 • 223 Posts

i was in beta and i feel that it is a good game just not the game for me. i wish sackboy had a few more moves at his disposal than just jumping and pull/pushing. But this is a good game and will do really well...just not the game for me

Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts

Interested, but not buying into the whole "revolution in gaming" hype.pyromaniac223

Same.

samourai_v87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 samourai_v87
Member since 2007 • 209 Posts
[QUOTE="samourai_v87"]

[QUOTE="pyromaniac223"][QUOTE="sm3llyd3c"]I got the Beta, hoping it would be great but It's ruined my thoughts for it. I was gonna buy on release day, all of the hype just made it seem better but I didnt find it all that great.hellshemi

I was debating and leaning toward picking this up until I played the beta. Good game but just seems like it won't last that long for me.

The think is, the replayability in this game is based on creating levels which I myself find boring cause I tried doing it and really wasn't interested not to mention the gameplay is so basic and not much going on if you think about it. This game isn't for anyone. Not saying it's a bad game but definitely not for everyone and not for me at least.

shadystxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#49 shadystxxx
Member since 2005 • 2158 Posts

Yeah i lost my interest after playing the beta.

I was super hyped for LBP and have had the game pre-ordered online for nearly a year.

At first i enjoyed the creating part of the game but after awhile the novelty wore, it was like Wii sports at first it was amazing then several days later i never played it again.

I may still buy it, im stupid like that i buy stuff because i want to like it then it sits in my collection untouched for months, my problem is i buy too many games, anyway after messing around in the creater for a good 10 hours over 2 days i realized that to make a good and enjoyable level will take literally days.

Sony and MM have said how easy it is too make cool levels but in reality i find that not too be true, 95% of all the users created levels are simply no fun to play(sorry lbp users jusy my opinion and im one of those users) the other 5% that can make something decent well IMO they are not much fun to play either.

5-10 mins is all you will get out of a good level and if it is fun its only fun once, playing the games online does little to add to the fun factor because IMO the platforming is just so simple.

Playing a LBP level is nowhere as fun as playing a Mario level, even mario 1, if sackboy could do more than jump and grab then the possibilty of making cool levels and then a full game of levels would be amazing, if there was attacks and special powers.

But every level basically plays the same, jump over this/ grab this/run/jump/grab/take a ride on something rocket powered/jump off/run/jump over this/grab that and swing/run to the score zone and your done.

I can see why people would enjoy it, the users who love the creating side of it will get more fun than anyone else, but in my expierence that wears off, my friend spent over 30 hours building a level that can be finished in 10 mins and he loved it while building it, once he finished he played some other levels and told me he was sick of it, i said create something new and he just said he didnt want to as the novelty had worn off, which was very similar to my expierence.

This is just my opinion and i know its a minority opinion, i know its a very good game and will review and sell well, i really wanted to like it and still do but i am debating whether to cancell my pre-order and buy it some time next year.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I'm sure it will be cool as hell .. but not my type of game ..

Wonder how many of these pointless threads we'll get before the game is released .. and how many we'll get after its release .. oh the flooding ..