Anyone Else Not Give a Flying Rat About Madden?

• 100 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

jeffbase33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 jeffbase33
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

I'm so sick of hearing about Madden. Why do people get so excited about this title? My Walmart even set up a special booth for it. It's a freaking sports game. In 6 months, it will be worthless. That is not good money investment, IMO.

Sad that the only game to get excited about in the last 3 months is sports game. WHERE ARE THE RPGS??????????? I'm fed up with Sony and this PS3 delay crap.

inthered2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 inthered2
Member since 2004 • 1156 Posts
I agree with you. I wish they would stop realeasing these types of sports games every year. I hope some people realize that they are spending $40 on an upgraded game.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16666 Posts
I dont really care, I refuse to buy anything from EA as long as they own the rights to the NFL. There has to be equal compotition for things to get better which Madden is not.
bradly_2795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bradly_2795
Member since 2004 • 948 Posts
Well I agree with you on getting over excited about the Madden games, however I don't agree with you in saying that there hasn't been any games in the last 6 months worth getting excited about. Also it's not the PS3 delay, it's the summer months and those are always dry in the gaming department.
lamplan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 lamplan
Member since 2006 • 1135 Posts

It is a big seller, so, that's why they set up the booth. 20 years kinda speaks for itself.

I haven't bought in a couple years, cause I'm like you, get not much out of sports games anymore.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 420Token420
Member since 2007 • 5173 Posts

I'm so sick of hearing about Madden. Why do people get so excited about this title? My Walmart even set up a special booth for it. It's a freaking sports game. In 6 months, it will be worthless. That is not good money investment, IMO.

Sad that the only game to get excited about in the last 3 months is sports game. WHERE ARE THE RPGS??????????? I'm fed up with Sony and this PS3 delay crap.

jeffbase33

Need a Kleenex? I mean anymore crying and you may flood the earth ..

Seriously Football is the biggest sport here in North America .. what do you expect? Especially with football season right around the corner it is a huge seller.

Deal with it .. because nobody cares ..

unhollykilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 unhollykilla
Member since 2008 • 165 Posts
i never did give a flying rat about madden. im not an american football fan.
Avatar image for deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
deactivated-6075a5c511e8b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 deactivated-6075a5c511e8b
Member since 2005 • 7222 Posts
But, bu... I like teh Madden :cry:!!!!11111
rocket9434

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 rocket9434
Member since 2006 • 2665 Posts
I dont care about Madden. I am a casual football fan and I have Madden 07 which will last me for this gen.
hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#11 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
im not a fan of football and Madden games. FIFA are real sport games.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

unhollykilla

Seriously Football is the biggest sport here in North America .. what do you expect? Especially with football season right around the corner it is a huge seller.

dude american football is one of the world's stupidest sports. it's played by a bunch of brainless dumbasses who aparently didnt have a good education. wut exactly is the point of the game.

golf is even better and golf is for 80 year old farts who are lazy to play an actual sport.

Why aren't you playing it? Stupidest isn't a word, so does that make you brainless?

You are clearly six years old because honestly that is the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards .. seriously this one truly is.

Take your jealousy somewhere else kid ..

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts
[QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

420Token420

Agreed. Nobody is forcing any of you to buy it or cramming it down your throats. BTW 6 months is pretty good for $60 imo, although in actuality it last all year until the next installment. To wish it didn't come out anymore is stupid and biased. Just because you don't like sports games nobody else should get the opportunity to play one. I think not. Also I could I wish they didn't release anymore RPGs because once you beat them that's it. It's stupid logic to go by. Millions of people enjoy it so get over it.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts
I don't care about Madden because I'm not into Footbal but I can see how other people are getting excited.
cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

unhollykilla

dude american football is one of the world's stupidest sports. it's played by a bunch of brainless dumbasses who aparently didnt have a good education. wut exactly is the point of the game.

golf is even better and golf is for 80 year old farts who are lazy to play an actual sport.

This is an assumption, but I bet more than 90% of NFL players can type properly with good grammar unlike you. Also to play in the NFL, you have to be 3 yrs. removed from highschool in which players play in the NCAA. If I'm not mistaken, collegiate is a part of that acronym. With a bit of logic you can conclude that players attend college, which means they probably are better educated than yourself.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 420Token420
[QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

cmpepper23

This is an assumption, but I bet more than 90% of NFL players can type properly with good grammar unlike you. Also to play in the NFL, you have to be 3 yrs. removed from highschool in which players play in the NCAA. If I'm not mistaken, collegiate is a part of that acronym. With a bit of logic you can conclude that players attend college, which means they probably are better educated than yourself.

Thank you ..

LZ71

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LZ71
Member since 2008 • 10524 Posts

I don't really care about the Madden games, for some reason I just can't get into them, even though I like the sport.

After I buy a sports game, like MLB 08, I usually don't buy a another one till a couple years later, so that improvements can be made over time and the rosters can change up more, instead of every year, where the newest thing is usually just a couple of roster changes.

doesntcare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 doesntcare
Member since 2007 • 1219 Posts

not a madden fan, nor a nfl fan

white_jaguar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#19 white_jaguar
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

I personally love madden, and I am not to cool with criticism on American football. I actually moved to America and I love it. I dont think football players are dum, cuz the game requires alot of understanding and memorization of where u have to be, what play is running, and requires alot of mental capacity. So I dont think football players should be called dumb.

I do agree that madden does need competition to keep improving. and yes sports games are not a good investment, but they usually sell well with the casual gamer who wants to play with their friends.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#20 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

unhollykilla

So let me get this straight. They are the brainless dumbasses, yet you can't figure out the object of the game? Brilliant.

Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts
[QUOTE="cmpepper23"][QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

420Token420

Thank you ..

There's a lot of bias in the views of American football. They're many intricacies about the sport that many people are absolutely clueless on, especially from people in Europe. But a little of that may be due to the fact that you can't really watch it and understand every facet. However, we all have our own taste, it's just that some critical people are absolute clueless on the fine details of the sport.

Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#22 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts
I don't buy ultimate rehashes which past titles treat PS3 owners like dirt and admit it. Oh, that was Madden. I don't give a flying flip about this title or franchise.
Symphonycometh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#24 Symphonycometh
Member since 2006 • 9592 Posts

unhollykilla

You silly noob. :lol: I like how you called them brainless and lacked education....with your post lacking both insight, spelling, AND grammar. =3
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 realistic44
Member since 2008 • 8458 Posts

Symphonycometh

You silly noob. :lol: I like how you called them brainless and lacked education....with your post lacking both insight, spelling, AND grammar. =3

Golf is better than football :shock: :o

thats like me saying vampire rain is a cop off of splinter cell/mgs, oh wait it is too much of it :cry :P

wait until you have more post before you make posts like that :lol:

voxxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 voxxes
Member since 2004 • 89 Posts
Madden is a over-hyped under utilized game.Like for example any retard can play this game,except for people who need to use 89 and up teams it takes so many skills to play them teams :NOT: I don't need a new game to tell me my IQ if i want to know that ill take a real IQ test.
Silverdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Silverdragon17
Member since 2005 • 664 Posts

Madden is a over-hyped under utilized game.Like for example any retard can play this game,except for people who need to use 89 and up teams it takes so many skills to play them teams :NOT: I don't need a new game to tell me my IQ if i want to know that ill take a real IQ test.voxxes

It also utilizes ai that adjust specifically to the player.

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
eh, its madden. I wouldnt mind if it was a gift, but I wouldn't go out and actually pay $60 for a game that nobody will play in another year.
bubbleboyii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#29 bubbleboyii
Member since 2005 • 550 Posts
I'm not a fan of any type of sports game. The sport is already a game in itself, and it's just redundant to play a game of a game. Plus, I think it's much more enjoyable to throw the darn ball around with a few friends than to push a few buttons to tell the game to throw the ball for you.
420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 420Token420

Madden is a over-hyped under utilized game.Like for example any retard can play this game,except for people who need to use 89 and up teams it takes so many skills to play them teams :NOT: I don't need a new game to tell me my IQ if i want to know that ill take a real IQ test.voxxes

Are you saying I'm mentally challenged?

Wiiingssbb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Wiiingssbb
Member since 2007 • 1136 Posts
Yea it seems to me that every year it seems the same. They just add new players and maybe a new mode but not much else
Sno0p3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 Sno0p3
Member since 2008 • 304 Posts
What's there to not get exicited about ?
voxxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 voxxes

[QUOTE="voxxes"]Madden is a over-hyped under utilized game.Like for example any retard can play this game,except for people who need to use 89 and up teams it takes so many skills to play them teams :NOT: I don't need a new game to tell me my IQ if i want to know that ill take a real IQ test.420Token420

I dont know are you?
dark_jak248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 dark_jak248
Member since 2006 • 873 Posts

420Token420

Why aren't you playing it? Stupidest isn't a word, so does that make you brainless?

You are clearly six years old because honestly that is the dumbest thing I've ever read on these boards .. seriously this one truly is.

Good God, you're an idiot.

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"]

[QUOTE="voxxes"]Madden is a over-hyped under utilized game.Like for example any retard can play this game,except for people who need to use 89 and up teams it takes so many skills to play them teams :NOT: I don't need a new game to tell me my IQ if i want to know that ill take a real IQ test.voxxes

I dont know are you?

Well .. no ..

420Token420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 420Token420
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

dark_jak248

:lol: This made me laugh ..

alchemist42147

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 alchemist42147
Member since 2003 • 36 Posts

cmpepper23

man i love football, but you can't assume that these players have a real education just because they attended college. did you know that one of the players from ohio state studied golf for his major? you can take puff piece courses like basket weaving and history of rock and roll. if you listen to half of these "educated" athletes speak, you would notice that they never got a real education.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 realistic44
[QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

dark_jak248

Its not the fact that he called football stupid thats the least of my concerns really

its just the fact that he insulted them with his grammer errors :lol:. that is epic :P

Xepheon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#39 Xepheon
Member since 2006 • 401 Posts

jeffbase33

I've never cared for Madden, but then again, I'm an oddball who has no interest in football whatsoever. I can understand how others would be excited about the game, however, you have a valid point concerning the RPGs. We always seem to get smothered with sports titles (maybe because they require less effort and imagination to produce). It's clear that anyone who did a little research would discover the PS3 fanbase is starving for some great RPGs. And you'd think they would take advantage of that, huh?

So, did you play Oblivion? I wrote a review on it. I finished it on my PC, although it lagged so much I could barely make it past certain parts, lol. Now I have the GOTY version on PS3 and it's awesome-- but I've barely touched it. We've got a exclusive RPG comng soon... should be fun! In the meanwhile, you guys feel free to add Laiphius to your PS3 friend list. I have COD4, MGO and GTA4 for online play.

Marked_Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Marked_Man
Member since 2003 • 236 Posts

unhollykilla

Shut your stinking trap! Football is a great sport.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

420Token, don't even bother.

This is just another Madden bashing topic, with posters who have nothing to say except for insults about the game, EA, anybody who likes Madden or Pro Football.

Best to not waste your breath on these people because nothing you, I, or anyone else says matters.

Best to just move on to a better topic.

(Not all posters here have been bad, but most)

voxxes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 voxxes
[QUOTE="dark_jak248"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

realistic44

Its not the fact that he called football stupid thats the least of my concerns really

its just the fact that he insulted them with his grammer errors :lol:. that is epic :P

Maybe he's drunk or perhaps he doesn't care.This isn't a grade school spelling bee is it.
rockguy92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 rockguy92
Member since 2007 • 21559 Posts
I love Madden. I can't wait to get it tomorrow. My cousin is going at midnight and he took tomorrow off.
jeffbase33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 jeffbase33
Member since 2007 • 317 Posts

cmpepper23

Agreed. Nobody is forcing any of you to buy it or cramming it down your throats. BTW 6 months is pretty good for $60 imo, although in actuality it last all year until the next installment. To wish it didn't come out anymore is stupid and biased. Just because you don't like sports games nobody else should get the opportunity to play one. I think not. Also I could I wish they didn't release anymore RPGs because once you beat them that's it. It's stupid logic to go by. Millions of people enjoy it so get over it.

Obviously, you missed the point of my post. I don't care about the game. It just frustrates me that Madden is the only thing to get excited about right now.

Madden is a lousy investment because you are essentially playing the same game again! And sports titles have the WORST resell value. Yet, I could make a fortune right now if I still owned my PS1 RPGS. RPGS are timeless works of art. NOT MADDEN CRAP.

realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 realistic44
[QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="dark_jak248"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

voxxes

Maybe he's drunk or perhaps he doesn't care.This isn't a grade school spelling bee is it.

Well its not that he just called football as a whole a bunch of "brainless dumb a-holes"

Thats like me saying everybody who plays sports doesnt go to college, and that is highly untrue just another person trying to bash the game as most as possible :P , thats what you should be doing to vampire rain not madden :lol:

MrClean44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 MrClean44
Member since 2006 • 188 Posts
I used to love madden but there "new gimmicks" just get lamer and lamer each year. Why dont they just put their time into the gameplay because it seems to have somthin wrong with it every year.
realistic44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 realistic44

I used to love madden but there "new gimmicks" just get lamer and lamer each year. Why dont they just put their time into the gameplay because it seems to have somthin wrong with it every year.MrClean44

They did do that actually, they put alot of time in the graphics and gameplay

now its way more realistic if you ask me. just play the demo to check it out for yourself :)

Yng-ePIc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 Yng-ePIc
Member since 2005 • 804 Posts
[QUOTE="realistic44"][QUOTE="dark_jak248"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="unhollykilla"][QUOTE="420Token420"][QUOTE="jeffbase33"]

voxxes

No it's not a Spelling Bee, no one said it was. But to put down a whole league, calling them brainless dumb asses with bad education while having misspelled words will give you some backlash.

Oh yeah, I love Madden! I'll be picking it up tomorrow, and I can't wait for the regular season to start.

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#49 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts
hahahaha. this thread really brought out the crazies