Anyone else done purchasing PS3 games due to lack of B/C on PS4?

• 88 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 dewc1
Member since 2005 • 725 Posts

I just recently purchased my PS3 (holiday bundle for $200=great deal) and I quickly picked up several games and a couple of extra controllers on the cheap. I am now regretting my purchase due to not being able to play PS3 games on PS4. I know everyone will be all over the, "just keep your ps3...blah, blah, blah, but I have no space for another game system. I have O.C.D really bad (medically diagnosed) and I cannot handle multiple game systems and especially cords everywhere. I was planning to buy The Last of Us, Battlefield 3 or 4, and several other games, but have now cancelled all of my preorders and will not be buying any more games for it. I was even considering some movies on PSN, but apparently those will not work on PS4 either. I do understand they needed to drop the B/C due to the X86 architecture of the new system, but it sucks for many of us with game collections.

Since PSN will not be a part of PS4, how long until they pull the plug on it alltogether? How long will the Last of US online last? $60 for a 12 hour game and a few months of online is not worth it IMHO. Once PSN goes, there goes my Bad Company, Netflix, and most every other game I have (since there is no split screen on most games). Seriously considering selling the whole lot and being done with it. Extremely frustrated.

SNESMaster420

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SNESMaster420
Member since 2006 • 1358 Posts

I just recently purchased my PS3 (holiday bundle for $200=great deal) and I quickly picked up several games and a couple of extra controllers on the cheap. I am now regretting my purchase due to not being able to play PS3 games on PS4. I know everyone will be all over the, "just keep your ps3...blah, blah, blah, but I have no space for another game system. I have O.C.D really bad (medically diagnosed) and I cannot handle multiple game systems and especially cords everywhere. I was planning to buy The Last of Us, Battlefield 3 or 4, and several other games, but have now cancelled all of my preorders and will not be buying any more games for it. I was even considering some movies on PSN, but apparently those will not work on PS4 either. I do understand they needed to drop the B/C due to the X86 architecture of the new system, but it sucks for many of us with game collections.

Since PSN will not be a part of PS4, how long until they pull the plug on it alltogether? How long will the Last of US online last? $60 for a 12 hour game and a few months of online is not worth it IMHO. Once PSN goes, there goes my Bad Company, Netflix, and most every other game I have (since there is no split screen on most games). Seriously considering selling the whole lot and being done with it. Extremely frustrated.

dewc1
Well, by waiting so long to pick up the PS3, about 6 years, I'd say it is safe to say that you can enjoy the PS3 for awhile. Then, when you are done you can box it all up and either a.) sell it and buy a PS4 or b.) put it in storage since you don't want two consoles on your entertainment center and buy a PS4. Anyway, there is no reason to stop playing the PS3 since your PSN account and trophies should carry over to the PS4 even though you can't play PS3 games on it. You are overreacting on not buying any more games and missing out on the pinnacle and twilight year or two of the PS3. If you don't want to buy more games, simply join a subscription rental company like Gamefly so you at least don't miss out on what you want to play. Also, they are not just going to drop online play from PS3 titles right when the PS4 comes out. That will take a long while. Gaming is entertainment, enjoyment, and most importantly fun. If you do not feel this way I would seek another hobby. No need to stress on these types of matters. The real world stresses me out enough. I am sure you feel the same.
Senor_Kami

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Senor_Kami
Member since 2008 • 8529 Posts
I'm done buying PS3 games, but that's because I have PS+ and I already get more games than I can play/beat to be honest.
Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
thats stupid. I will keep buying PS3 games to play on my PS3 and I will buy PS4 games to play on my PS4.
AmazonTreeBoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AmazonTreeBoa
Member since 2011 • 16745 Posts
No I am not done. The PS4 not having BC isn't an issue for me because I have a PS3 to play my PS3 games.
jcopp72

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#6 jcopp72
Member since 2007 • 5375 Posts
wasn't planning on playing PS3 games on PS4 before I heard about the no B/C so no I am not buying more than I would normally. I never played PS2 games on my PS3 that had B/C either.
Avatar image for The_Golden_Age-
The_Golden_Age-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The_Golden_Age-
Member since 2012 • 172 Posts

There is a ton of amazing PS3 games that have yet to come out. I usually pick up new systems on the day that they launch but I won't be this time. I see myself playing PS3 games for a very long time still.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Only 4 more games on my list. Last Of US and Beyond Two Souls for sure. Dead Island Riptide highly likely and Remember Me is a wait and see.

Nengo_Flow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Nengo_Flow
Member since 2011 • 10644 Posts
No I am not done. The PS4 not having BC isn't an issue for me because I have a PS3 to play my PS3 games.AmazonTreeBoa
this.
Mrmedia01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Mrmedia01
Member since 2007 • 1917 Posts

If there is a good PS3 game I think thats worth buying I will buy it on PS3. I will buy the best PS4 games also. So I guess the PS3 and PS4 will be hooked up together on seperate HDMI ports.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

Still working through a PS3 backlog with more to come out (Last of Us, Beyond, Tales of Xillia). My PS3 won't disappear upon purchasing a PS4 so I see no reason to stop gaming on it.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 dewc1

You are so right. I shouldn't be stressing about this. time to Ebay the PS3 and games. Too bad, since I only had it for less than 3 months. Too bad for Sony as well, as I usually purchase alot of games (purchased 15 games in the 3 months I have had it).

Soilworkcob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#13 Soilworkcob
Member since 2003 • 626 Posts

I have some pretty serious OCD myself. However, I can tell you: as much as I dislike cords I enjoy having many, many consoles (the more the merrier) and a ton of games. So, you're OCD is definatly different than mine.

BTW: Do you take medication for your OCD? That helped me a lot.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dewc1

The meds do help some, but not enough. I have sold a huge portion of my possessions because I cannot handle the clutter. Really sucks.

campzor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 campzor
Member since 2004 • 34932 Posts
Why would u stop buying ps3 games though? ALL those ps3 games wont be able to be played on the ps4, so you will have a crapload of games to play for upcoming years
Naylord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Naylord
Member since 2006 • 1126 Posts

I'm purchasing games like a mofo; this is just probably the end of me purchasing Playstations.

whiskeystrike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 whiskeystrike
Member since 2011 • 12213 Posts

If it bothers you enough can't you just put stuff in boxes and store it for a bit? Then swap them out when you feel the mood.

Spartan_N7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Spartan_N7
Member since 2013 • 581 Posts
Doesnt bother me. Im not going to have the extra money for a new console for a while (I just bought my Playstation 3 aswell 3 weeks ago), so I'll be gaming for a while on the Playstation 3. I plan on keeping both my Playstation and Xbox, even when next gen consoles are released.
SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#19 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
Doesn't make sense to me... might hold back on games that are definitely coming to the PS4 alongside the PS3 such as Watch Dogs, but to completely abandon PS3 purchases is, to me, absurd. I'm not just going to abandon my PS3, I'm going to play if for another solid year or so after the PS4 launches, even if I do get a PS4 within that time frame. The PSN isn't going to go offline anytime soon either, so I don't have a problem with continuing purchases on the PS Store, because I won't be getting rid of my PS3. I am a bit disappointed that purchases won't transfer, but again, just keeping my PS3 solves that problem.
hiryu3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 hiryu3
Member since 2003 • 7313 Posts
thats stupid. I will keep buying PS3 games to play on my PS3 and I will buy PS4 games to play on my PS4.Nengo_Flow
This
Jak-25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Jak-25
Member since 2007 • 2475 Posts

Honestly, I want to wait and see. Sony said that they might allow us to transfer our PSN downloads to the PS4 to play through Gaikai. I wish they can let us play our discs through Gaikai or something, I am keeping my PS3 so I don't need to hear "keep your PS3". I heard this countless times. The real issue is that consoles break. There is the whole issue with the YOLD. I am on my second PS3 and I don't want to have to buy another one years later just to play my PS3 games. Sony patented an add-on that can enable backwards compatibility. I wish they can just release that.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dewc1

How soon until they take PSN down alltogether though? I assume their new service will be like XBOX live and will charge a fee to play. I don't see them keeping the PSN service up for more than 12 months tops. Unlike PC, all of your online games will become single player games overnight!! I guess there may be a few with dedicated servers, but I am not sure if you would still need PSN to log in. The way I understand it, you have to go through PSN to even use netflix, untlike my Wii. And what happens to all of those who purchased movies through PSN?

I hope you don't think I am SONY bashing, because I believe they will win this next generation, and win big. I think they made mistakes with the PS3 and have learned from those mistakes.

Vari3ty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Vari3ty
Member since 2009 • 11111 Posts

Why do people have this attitude that as soon as the PS4 comes out they have to stop playing on their PS3? Just hold onto your PS3, it's not like you need to throw it away. 

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Just like with the end of the PS2 we're getting a ton of awesome games to send off the PS3: Tomb Raider, Bioshock: Infinite, The Last of Us, Beyond, Remember Me (still a maybe), and GTA V to name a few.

I couldn't imagine not playing these games just because a new system is coming out later this year.  And I would have no problem paying $60 for The Last of Us, as I currently don't intend to play the MP and will likely play the SP at least twice (played Uncharted 2 three times so far).  As far as I'm concerned, online games have done nothing to interest me in a while.  These days a solid story is what I'm looking for, and with the exception of the awful supporting characters in TR, this seems to be a promising year for SP experiences.

blueboxdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 blueboxdoctor
Member since 2010 • 2549 Posts

Honestly, I want to wait and see. Sony said that they might allow us to transfer our PSN downloads to the PS4 to play through Gaikai. I wish they can let us play our discs through Gaikai or something, I am keeping my PS3 so I don't need to hear "keep your PS3". I heard this countless times. The real issue is that consoles break. There is the whole issue with the YOLD. I am on my second PS3 and I don't want to have to buy another one years later just to play my PS3 games. Sony patented an add-on that can enable backwards compatibility. I wish they can just release that.

Jak-25

Very good point.  I ended up getting an extra PS2 as the first one I have started acting up some.  I'll probably do the same with the PS3 once there's a big sale as stores try to get rid of them (probably sometime in 2014), as it seems to be louder than it used to be, at least when watching a DVD/Blu-Ray, games don't seem to make it act any differently.

Jackc8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 20

#27 Jackc8
Member since 2007 • 8515 Posts

I love it when a guy who waited 6 years to buy a PS3 talks like he's going to buy a PS4 on launch day.  Yeah, riiiiiight.

Anyhow, if your OCD is bothered by a bunch of messy wires, you can get some zip ties (I think I paid $3 for a pack of 100) and use them to arrange your wires in a neat and orderly fashion.  Or get some wire channels which are little tubes that you run your wires through and then stick to the wall, to organize your wiring.  Etc.

Personally I'm very proud of my entertainment center which has a TV, cable box, PS3, DVD player, stereo receiver, etc. and not a single wire to be seen lol.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

How soon until they take PSN down alltogether though? I assume their new service will be like XBOX live and will charge a fee to play. I don't see them keeping the PSN service up for more than 12 months tops. Unlike PC, all of your online games will become single player games overnight!! I guess there may be a few with dedicated servers, but I am not sure if you would still need PSN to log in. The way I understand it, you have to go through PSN to even use netflix, untlike my Wii. And what happens to all of those who purchased movies through PSN?

I hope you don't think I am SONY bashing, because I believe they will win this next generation, and win big. I think they made mistakes with the PS3 and have learned from those mistakes.

dewc1

Assumptions are fun. I assume that nothing will change in that online play and store availability will still be free for everyone while there will be a service similar to PS+ that costs some money and that PSN won't go anywhere. Before we all get caught up in assumptions, let's see what Sony says on the issue over the next few months.

Also, you do NOT need to be logged in to PSN to use Netflix. It will tell you to sign in, but as soon as you hit ok it opens the Netflix app and let's you use it as if you were signed in.

JimmiCottam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 JimmiCottam
Member since 2012 • 105 Posts
Keep the PS3; play it a later time when you want a trip down nostalgia avenue. I'm going to keep buying PS3 games way after the I own a PS4. Hell, I'm still buying PlayStation games. In fact the backwards computability 'issue' lets me hold onto my 3 rather than selling it to get a 4. More consoles = better even if there aren't enough sockets to go around
Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#30 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I keep all my systems and games.

You sound like you are done with videogames. So it may be time for you to quit.

nyc05

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 nyc05
Member since 2005 • 10190 Posts

Extremely silly reaction to me but, hey, we're all different.

In no way would I miss out on the remaining awesome-looking games still to come for the PS3.  When PS4 comes out, my PS3 will be sitting proudly next to it, ready to play whatever awesome games get released for it.

LazySloth718

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 LazySloth718
Member since 2011 • 2345 Posts

I buy PS3 games to enjoy them NOW, not next year.

When PS4 comes out, I will prolly get it and sell all my PS3 stuff.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#33 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

No I am not done. The PS4 not having BC isn't an issue for me because I have a PS3 to play my PS3 games.AmazonTreeBoa

Agreed...and I might also add the fact that Sony has a GOOD track record with STRONG support of it's previous-gen consoles!! So knowing that fact, it would be a little harsh as a comsumer to just abandon the PS3. I will say that I wouldn't be in a rush to buy the games at full retail price, UNLESS it's a game I really really want.

MarcRecon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 4

#34 MarcRecon
Member since 2009 • 8191 Posts

dewc1

And where did you here that the PS4 won't be part of the PSN? @dewc1

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 gamenerd15
Member since 2007 • 4529 Posts

Where did it say anything about PS4 require a fee to play online?  So basically, you are going to sell your PS3 and games because you cannot play them on PS4.  We know next to nothing about PS4, but yet you are done with all of PlayStation.  What a smart move.  Games will be in development until at least 2014. 

There is a rather huge list of games coming to PS3. 

The Last of Us

Beyond: Two Souls

Tales of Xillia

Puppeteer

Rayman Legends

Dark Souls 2

Diablo 3

Destiny

Sniper Elite 3

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Dragon's Crown

Guacamelee

Fuse

Gran Turimso 6

If you only had your PS3 for 3 months I doubt you have played all the system has to offer such as

The Uncharted Trilogy

The Resistance Trilogy

The Ratchet and Clank games

The God of War games

The Killzone Trilogy

The Infamous games

Ni No Kuni

Sly Cooper Thieves in time

The Motorstorm games

The Souls games

3D Dot game Heroes

The Little Big Planet games

The Hawk series

Twisted Metal

PlayStation All Stars

Little Big Planet Karting

Modnation Racers

Heavy Rain

MAG

Socom 4

The Disgaea games

Valkyria Chronicles

Gran Turismo 5

Metal Gear Solid 4

Hot Shots Golf 5

Folklore

Shatter

Journey

Flower

The Unfinished Swan

Rochard

Sideway: New York

Closure

Tales of Graces F

I hghly doubt that you have played all of the franchises to form a solid opinion on them. 

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 dewc1

There is a rather huge list of games coming to PS3.

The Last of Us

Beyond: Two Souls

Tales of Xillia

Puppeteer

Rayman Legends

Dark Souls 2

Diablo 3

Destiny

Sniper Elite 3

Splinter Cell Blacklist

Dragon's Crown

Guacamelee

Fuse

Gran Turimso 6

Out of that list, there are only 1 or 2 games I would play.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 dewc1

Engadget has confirmed with Shuhei Yoshida, President of SCE Worldwide Studios, that the PS3s PSN games will not be compatible with the PS4, just like full PS3 games, as revealed at the show. This means disc based backwards compatibility, downloadable PSN titles and game saves will not work on PS4.

I am assuming by this, that they will be changing their online service as well. If nothing on PSN is compatible with PS4, then why would they use it for the online service on the new system.

As for keeping a PS3 or buying an extra for when it breaks, that may be problematic as well. With the transition from PS2 to PS3, there were no hard drives (well most didn't have them) nor patches and updates for nearly every single game. When PSN goes down, and your hard drive fails, you have lost all psn games and movies. you will also be stuck with games that may be unplayable due to bugs that were ironed out in patches (Skyrim, MOH, etc.) that you no longer have access to. I purchased LEGO LOTR and it froze nearly every time I played it (over a dozen times), until the update. Now it never freezes. But I cannot imagine going back to the original release and trying to deal with all of the issues.

I have been gaming for many years (over 30), and I have been through many transitions before. I used to be a manager for the local Gamestop (used to be EB back then) back in the old PS1/N64 days. From that experience, I can tell you that disc based consoles will not hold up over time. So yeah, I will not be paying $60 for another game to last for a few months. I tend to go back years later and play games (SNES, N64, etc) and I know I will not be able to with these.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

I am assuming by this, that they will be changing their online service as well. If nothing on PSN is compatible with PS4, then why would they use it for the online service on the new system.

dewc1

That's a big assumption to make. Personally, I see no reason not to continue to use the infrastructure they have spent so much time into making. They finally just got the PS Store online with web access. It would be silly (not to mention expensive) to throw that all away and create a new network for a new console. Of course, that's not to say that things won't be taken off PSN after some time so I can kind of see where you are coming from. 

elchiquilin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#39 elchiquilin
Member since 2005 • 1318 Posts
No, though I do buy less and less. Saving up for next gen, which will be for me a multiple system affair once again. Tough this Gen Sony was my go to brand for almost all my gaming needs, and thanks to ps plus I have more games to beat on my backlog
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 gamenerd15

Engadget has confirmed with Shuhei Yoshida, President of SCE Worldwide Studios, that the PS3s PSN games will not be compatible with the PS4, just like full PS3 games, as revealed at the show. This means disc based backwards compatibility, downloadable PSN titles and game saves will not work on PS4.

As for keeping a PS3 or buying an extra for when it breaks, that may be problematic as well. With the transition from PS2 to PS3, there were no hard drives (well most didn't have them) nor patches and updates for nearly every single game. When PSN goes down, and your hard drive fails, you have lost all psn games and movies. you will also be stuck with games that may be unplayable due to bugs that were ironed out in patches (Skyrim, MOH, etc.) that you no longer have access to. I purchased LEGO LOTR and it froze nearly every time I played it (over a dozen times), until the update. Now it never freezes. But I cannot imagine going back to the original release and trying to deal with all of the issues.

I have been gaming for many years (over 30), and I have been through many transitions before. I used to be a manager for the local Gamestop (used to be EB back then) back in the old PS1/N64 days. From that experience, I can tell you that disc based consoles will not hold up over time. So yeah, I will not be paying $60 for another game to last for a few months. I tend to go back years later and play games (SNES, N64, etc) and I know I will not be able to with these.

dewc1

In other words, you are going to become an old school gamer then.  Every system besides handhelds has been disc based since N64.  If there is very little you would play out of the 55+ game list I made up, then why are complaining about BC.  You do not like any of the games, I listed, so why did you make this thread.  I listed most of the games you can find on PS3.  If you are not interested in those, then you have no business saying hardly anything at.  Go buy one of the other consoles,  Since those are also discs based as well as the newer systems, how about doing everyone a favor and quit gaming as a whole?  All you are about is complaining about everything, so nothing anyone says is going to satisfy you at all.  If you already made up your mind, why are you wasting on the Internet talking to people who still enjoy games?  Go ahead, get rid the PS3, but this system has the majority of the games coming out on the market right now except for other conole maker's first party games.  If you do not like the PS3, you will not find a whole lot of different titles elsewhere except maybe PC.  Then again, PC is also disk based as well as digital. 

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#41 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would be little upset if I would not be able to play my digital bought PS3 games on the PS4. After all, they are running on the hard-drive, there is no code or disk required from hardware perspective. It's similar to playing a PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3 (digitally bought).

We will find out but on the topic, recently I had been purchasing more PSN full games then disk format and I will probably wait and see how things work out with the PS4 before I get rid of the PS3. This year alone, there are few great games I wish to play so the end of the year PS4 release will be interesting. 

I have no plans purchasing PS4 on the release date, too many unanswered questions and not to mention, companies always make promises. I waited half a year before purchasing PS3 and will probably wait the same on the PS4. By that time, I will have the full picture of what the next system is and capable.

idunnodude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 idunnodude
Member since 2007 • 2287 Posts

no. although i admit there are barely any ps3 games that i'm looking forward to anymore, i will still be buying ps3 games. it will be a while before i buy a ps4 cuz the best games always come much later into the generation. launch titles aren't ever really that good and the ps4 presentation wasn't exactly too impressive.

Avatar image for StrongBlackVine
StrongBlackVine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 StrongBlackVine
Member since 2012 • 13262 Posts

Doesnt bother me. Im not going to have the extra money for a new console for a while (I just bought my Playstation 3 aswell 3 weeks ago), so I'll be gaming for a while on the Playstation 3. I plan on keeping both my Playstation and Xbox, even when next gen consoles are released. Spartan_N7

You should have saved that $250 towards the PS4.

fighter91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#44 fighter91
Member since 2005 • 1293 Posts
Why does everyone make such a big deal about a console not having BC? If you already have the console that you want to play the game on, is it such a big hassle to have both of the consoles hooked up to the TV and put the disc into the other console?
gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 gamenerd15

I would be little upset if I would not be able to play my digital bought PS3 games on the PS4. After all, they are running on the hard-drive, there is no code or disk required from hardware perspective. It's similar to playing a PS1 or PS2 games on the PS3 (digitally bought).

We will find out but on the topic, recently I had been purchasing more PSN full games then disk format and I will probably wait and see how things work out with the PS4 before I get rid of the PS3. This year alone, there are few great games I wish to play so the end of the year PS4 release will be interesting. 

I have no plans purchasing PS4 on the release date, too many unanswered questions and not to mention, companies always make promises. I waited half a year before purchasing PS3 and will probably wait the same on the PS4. By that time, I will have the full picture of what the next system is and capable.

Sokol4ever

Games need architecture to run them.  Just because a game is on hard drive does not mean anything.  A hard drive is just used for storage.  PS3 uses the cell processor, and PS4 does not.  The reason PS1 and PS2 games run on PS3 is due to emulation.  You cannot just put a PS3 game on a PS4 hard drive and expect it to work because the PS4 processor does not understand the language so to speak of a PS3 game.  What you are suggesting would be like saying all humans should be able to communicate with one another effectively.  This is not always possible because not all human beings speak the same language.  I do not know Italian and cannot speak to Italian people. 

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 dewc1

In other words, you are going to become an old school gamer then. Every system besides handhelds has been disc based since N64. If there is very little you would play out of the 55+ game list I made up, then why are complaining about BC. You do not like any of the games, I listed, so why did you make this thread. I listed most of the games you can find on PS3. If you are not interested in those, then you have no business saying hardly anything at. Go buy one of the other consoles, Since those are also discs based as well as the newer systems, how about doing everyone a favor and quit gaming as a whole? All you are about is complaining about everything, so nothing anyone says is going to satisfy you at all. If you already made up your mind, why are you wasting on the Internet talking to people who still enjoy games? Go ahead, get rid the PS3, but this system has the majority of the games coming out on the market right now except for other conole maker's first party games. If you do not like the PS3, you will not find a whole lot of different titles elsewhere except maybe PC. Then again, PC is also disk based as well as digital.

I very well may quit gaming all together. I have rented or played many of the games on the list, and many of them I just could not get into. I do like the Uncharted games, Twisted Metal, and some of the sports games, but I already own all of those. Not really interested in God of War, DMC, Final Fantasy, Infamous, or most of those others mentioned. Not a big fan of Japanese games at all (except some Mario or the old Final Fantasy games). I never really cared for Metal Gear even. I did enjoy Sly Cooper, but I already have that one as well.

Sorry if I have angered anyone. I thought I would not be in the minority with my opinion on the B/C.

dewc1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 dewc1

Confirmed that you cannot play PSN games downloaded on PS4. Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

gamenerd15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48 gamenerd15

In other words, you are going to become an old school gamer then. Every system besides handhelds has been disc based since N64. If there is very little you would play out of the 55+ game list I made up, then why are complaining about BC. You do not like any of the games, I listed, so why did you make this thread. I listed most of the games you can find on PS3. If you are not interested in those, then you have no business saying hardly anything at. Go buy one of the other consoles, Since those are also disc based as well as the newer systems, how about doing everyone a favor and quit gaming as a whole? All you are about is complaining about everything, so nothing anyone says is going to satisfy you at all. If you already made up your mind, why are you wasting on the Internet talking to people who still enjoy games? Go ahead, get rid the PS3, but this system has the majority of the games coming out on the market right now except for other console maker's first party games. If you do not like the PS3, you will not find a whole lot of different titles elsewhere except maybe PC. Then again, PC is also disk based as well as digital.

I very well may quit gaming all together. I have rented or played many of the games on the list, and many of them I just could not get into. I do like the Uncharted games, Twisted Metal, and some of the sports games, but I already own all of those. Not really interested in God of War, DMC, Final Fantasy, Infamous, or most of those others mentioned. Not a big fan of Japanese games at all (except some Mario or the old Final Fantasy games). I never really cared for Metal Gear even. I did enjoy Sly Cooper, but I already have that one as well.

Sorry if I have angered anyone. I thought I would not be in the minority with my opinion on the B/C.

dewc1

I was not trying to be an A-hole.  It is just that everybody seems to complain about the world of games more than ever before.  The whole BC issues has been brought up again and again ever since Sony announced the 40 GB model back in November of 2007.  People complain about the lack of X genre on the platform and so on.  Then you come in and say that you are going to sell your PS3 and games because PS4 does not have backwards compatibility.  Then you claim that most games you have played are not worth full price and software on disc does not hold as well as cartridge.  After I point multiple games in several different categories, you claim not to be interested in 95% of them.  If you are not into any of the software that PS3 offers, then why are you complaining about the lack of BC for PS4?  Why did you even bother getting the system last year?  Do you see how what you have said contradicts itself in some way?  Why cannot people just enjoy the games that are out and stop complaining about ever minor thing that does not go their way?  I have a huge backlog, and I wish I could play as many games as people have time to complain about.  Sorry for the attitude.   It just does not sound like you are into gaming anymore.  If this is true, then sell your things and find a new hobby. 

Johacamigames

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 Johacamigames
Member since 2011 • 56 Posts
I've been buying more actually, I don't care about BC. I'm keeping my PS3 and I don't mind switching back and forth.
Raidenwins0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 Raidenwins0
Member since 2008 • 67 Posts

dewc1

Uhh, I really don't understand people who get so vexed over this whole backwards compatibility issue. Just keep your PS3. If it bothers you that much to have it outside, just box it up and put it in your closet. Problem solved.