Another wasted Xmas?

• 50 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 stuarthanley
Member since 2003 • 902 Posts

Now, before you fan boys start, I own a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and a kick-ass PC so I am not biased.

I am a UK gamer so this MIGHT not apply to anyone outside the UK.

So, i'll start:

Yet again, Sony has missed the boat again this Xmas. GT5, MGS, HAZE... to name a few. Where are they? Where are all the PS3 exclusive games? What are Sony and their partner companies doing?

I am trying so hard to enjoy the £300 console that I purchased but so far its sitting under my TV playing the part of an upscaling DVD player. I have 4 games for the machine that I purchased with it and THAT IS IT. Nothing else has arrived on the system since that has interested me. Everything else that I have purchased has been for either the Xbox 360 (either 360 exclusives or they are the same games as the PS3 except that they are cheaper on the 360 and you get acheivements for playing them) or the Wii (ingenious use of the controller and a system that is putting the FUN back into gaming)

Unfortunately, the expiry date on the PS3 receipt has passed so I cannot return the system to the store. This is something that I would never have considered in the past with any other console I have owned (and I have owned most of them)

Come on Sony, play the game.

DirtySkidMarcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DirtySkidMarcs
Member since 2007 • 338 Posts

I like to drink on X-mas too

GUI is coming, be forewarned

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 The_Rick_14
Member since 2006 • 9945 Posts

The only one of those that had any chance was Haze and more than likely its not ready yet. Would you rather them rush it out and have it get a 6/10? Didn't think so.

UT3 will be the big seller this Christmas and even though its only timed exclusive, the PS3 version is still the only console you can play it on on Christmas day. Not to mention that Uncharted, R&C, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword are still out there.

DontTazeMeBro1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 DontTazeMeBro1
Member since 2007 • 582 Posts

DirtySkidMarcs

Did I hear my name?

joehan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 joehan86
Member since 2005 • 310 Posts

DirtySkidMarcs

Nothing can stop GUI. It's good times to be had by all.

addish

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 addish
Member since 2004 • 214 Posts

You should try out Uncharted (awesome)and Ratchet and Clank (getting this for christmas).

Dont forget the old games from launch. Resistance is great, must have IMO. Its fairly cheap now too.

Motorstorm also, great fun, although gets hard towards the end. Looks amazing too.

Folklore is there too, if you want some Action/Adventure with RPG elements. Has a great story and art design. (Might buy this one after christmas)

Also try some of the PSN downloadable titles, that Superstardust HD is meant to be good. Fl0W is quiet fun and relaxing. there is also Tekken 5. Calling All Cars is great fun with mates. They are worth the few quid.

And there is Warhawk which has a large learning curve, but is great if you stick at it, Heavenly Sword also is a great single-player(worth renting).

I am going to rent LAIR to see how it fairs.

There is that Eye Of Judgement (im not sure on this one, bit expensive, but you get the PSEye thing.)

There is also SINGSTAR if that is your thing (not my thing personally.)

Unreal Tournement 3 comes out tomorrow in the US. Maybe you could import a copy, like I am going to.

Also you should buy some Blu-Rays. I use my PS3 as much for games as I do Blu-Rays. They are great.

There are 5-6 games that are must plays (Uncharted, Heavenly Sword, R&C, Warhawk, Folkloreand UT3)

It is also your own fault for buying the games on 360 instead. I know sometimes they are £5 cheaper, but if they are the same price, and have no apparent problems, get the on PS3. There is no point to achievements really, although they are nice, some PS3 games have them now (Uncharted).

And dont listen to the reviews all the time, get some of the community opinions.

Some of the low rated PS3 games are actually great. IGN seem to hit the nail on the head 8 times out of 10with their reviews. Uncharted, Ratchet, Folklore, Warhawk, Motorstorm, Resistance are all great. Heavenly Sword was about a 8/10 for me, not a 7, worth playing, but it is short.

Basiclly. There are a lot of exclusives. The PS3 is more about hitting wider audiences. Where as 360 is more about FPS and Action. And Wii is more about party/adventure games.

So just keep your mind open to some of the games. I never thought Folklore looked good, but I enjoyed the demo.

dstryr13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 dstryr13
Member since 2007 • 6521 Posts

The only one of those that had any chance was Haze and more than likely its not ready yet. Would you rather them rush it out and have it get a 6/10? Didn't think so.

UT3 will be the big seller this Christmas and even though its only timed exclusive, the PS3 version is still the only console you can play it on on Christmas day. Not to mention that Uncharted, R&C, Warhawk, and Heavenly Sword are still out there.

The_Rick_14

with this said, I smell troll meat

oh yeah and, GUI WILL WASTE YOU, oh wait NO, GUI WILL BEWASTED :lol:

DirtySkidMarcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 DirtySkidMarcs
[QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

dstryr13

To waste or be wasted that is the question.

Told ya GUI was coming

joehan86

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 joehan86
Member since 2005 • 310 Posts
[QUOTE="dstryr13"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

DirtySkidMarcs

Told ya GUI was coming

And nothing can stop us

stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 stuarthanley

Got Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm and Formua One.

R&C not my cup of tea, neither is Singstar.

I cannot see the reasons behind the arguement "Dont buy the games on 360 cuz they are £5 cheaper". The games are identical on the 360 and the PS3. The 360 has a fully established online community and acheivements. What is there to tempt me to buy it for the PS3?

I don't think games should be rushed out for xmas but, i'm sure i'll get corrected here if i'm wrong, isn't this the 2nd Xmas for the PS3? And there are 4 games out for it that interest me?

Like I said, i'm not here to slate the machine as I'm sure it will eventually kick in but lets hope they get it sorted before Microsoft launch Xbox 720 (or whatever they choose to call it). The average lifespan of a console is only 6 years I believe (before the manufacturer decides to launch there next console) so it won't be too many more Xmas's before we are being lured away from next(current?) gen consoles into purchasing the next, next gen console!

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 The_Rick_14

I cannot see the reasons behind the arguement "Dont buy the games on 360 cuz they are £5 cheaper". The games are identical on the 360 and the PS3. The 360 has a fully established online community and acheivements. What is there to tempt me to buy it for the PS3?

I don't think games should be rushed out for xmas but, i'm sure i'll get corrected here if i'm wrong, isn't this the 2nd Xmas for the PS3? And there are 4 games out for it that interest me?

Like I said, i'm not here to slate the machine as I'm sure it will eventually kick in but lets hope they get it sorted before Microsoft launch Xbox 720 (or whatever they choose to call it). The average lifespan of a console is only 6 years I believe (before the manufacturer decides to launch there next console) so it won't be too many more Xmas's before we are being lured away from next(current?) gen consoles into purchasing the next, next gen console!

stuarthanley

What I noticed in that response is that you're only considering one focal group here. Yourself. Most people aren't lucky enough to have both a 360 and a PS3. And not everyone has the same taste as you. I'd say that vast majority at this time have neither a 360 or a PS3 since the majority probably still have PS2s.

I guess my point is not everyone is you or has the same opinions as you. Any gamer who really wants MGS or Haze or GT5 will probably either use Christmas money to pay off a pre-order anyway to they don't have to worry about coming up with the money down the road. But that's just my opinion.

jackle2071

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12 jackle2071
Member since 2004 • 5477 Posts

DirtySkidMarcs
Drinking on x-mas FTW!
RoganSarine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#13 RoganSarine
Member since 2005 • 1490 Posts

Now, before you fan boys start, I own a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and a kick-ass PC so I am not biased.stuarthanley

Since when did owning all 3 consoles prove you not to be a fanboy? A fanboy is just someone who vocalizes his preference without a logical arguement.

louis77

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 louis77
Member since 2006 • 99 Posts
man. ps3 is the newest gen stystem out there..they are growing one step at a time. give them some time.. they are doing alot. give it time and ps3 will own every system out there (even though i think it already is)
poomonger613

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 poomonger613
Member since 2006 • 1331 Posts
im mising something whats gui? (please dont let it eat me ,crosses fingers,)
davez82

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 davez82
Member since 2003 • 1864 Posts

stuarthanley

You just described the type of games you prefer, i think its fairly easy to make a console decision based on this, but if you like half of what sony has to offer then i think it was worth it. IMO pick up call of duty 4 , there are plenty of games coming, all the consoles have something to offer and unless you buy them all you will be missing on good games, including ps3. 2007 wasn't sony's comeback year, that is 2008.

Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 Xternal
Member since 2005 • 530 Posts

stuarthanley

You sure will get corrected, this is like the first xmas, or i would have had it last year :)

Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Xternal

im mising something whats gui? (please dont let it eat me ,crosses fingers,)poomonger613

Same, what on earth is GUI

Steel_Rain777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 Steel_Rain777
Member since 2007 • 1776 Posts

[QUOTE="poomonger613"]im mising something whats gui? (please dont let it eat me ,crosses fingers,)Xternal

Same...what is Gui??? i musta missed out I was out getting drunk for the past 2 weeks....I'm so baked...and toasted, I'm like fresh bread

Simba_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Simba_Dude
Member since 2005 • 662 Posts

I own all 3 systems as well and right now I am actually trying to sell my wii on the street so I can make some profit off the machine then buy another wii in a few months xP I also have really no use for the PS3 and I know sony sucked bawlz with the first year of the PS3 terriably but when I purchased it off my friend I knew one thing right away. I would have to wait for the good stuff to come out. And I knew it would be 2008 where the stuff I wanted would be released.

So what if you bought all the "next gen" systems and can't enjoy them. I bought them all as well. Its just a matter of waiting for the good stuff to come out so why consider selling a system unless your doing what I am and trying to make a profit off it since its always out of stock.

So for now I have been just playing on my N64 and PS2 till feburary next year when the wait is over.

Avatar image for 2headedhawaiian
2headedhawaiian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#21 2headedhawaiian
Member since 2005 • 1531 Posts
[QUOTE="Xternal"]

[QUOTE="poomonger613"]im mising something whats gui? (please dont let it eat me ,crosses fingers,)Steel_Rain777

Same...what is Gui??? i musta missed out I was out getting drunk for the past 2 weeks....I'm so baked...and toasted, I'm like fresh bread

I think it's their clan's tag.No offense, guys, but just filling threads with comments about how you "can't be stopped" is a little obnoxious.

The_Rick_14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 The_Rick_14
[QUOTE="Steel_Rain777"][QUOTE="Xternal"]

[QUOTE="poomonger613"]im mising something whats gui? (please dont let it eat me ,crosses fingers,)2headedhawaiian

I think it's their clan's tag.No offense, guys, but just filling threads with comments about how you "can't be stopped" is a little obnoxious.

It's a more than a little obnoxious. Put it in your sig if you want it to show up a lot, but don't spam boards just to brag about yoruselves.

bigLLL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bigLLL
Member since 2005 • 3688 Posts
im sorry but I own a ps3, 360 and great pc and I still consider myself a fanboy for sony first, just because you have all consoles doesnt mean a thing you can still be a huge fanboy and europe doesnt really agree with you since the ps3 is selling great there, Uncharted just got released in europe december 6th and that is a great AAA Average exclusive game for x-mas.

Now, before you fan boys start, I own a PS3, Xbox 360, Wii and a kick-ass PC so I am not biased.

So, i'll start:

Yet again, Sony has missed the boat again this Xmas. GT5, MGS, HAZE... to name a few. Where are they? Where are all the PS3 exclusive games? What are Sony and their partner companies doing?

I am trying so hard to enjoy the £300 console that I purchased but so far its sitting under my TV playing the part of an upscaling DVD player. I have 4 games for the machine that I purchased with it and THAT IS IT. Nothing else has arrived on the system since that has interested me. Everything else that I have purchased has been for either the Xbox 360 (either 360 exclusives or they are the same games as the PS3 except that they are cheaper on the 360 and you get acheivements for playing them) or the Wii (ingenious use of the controller and a system that is putting the FUN back into gaming)

Unfortunately, the expiry date on the PS3 receipt has passed so I cannot return the system to the store. This is something that I would never have considered in the past with any other console I have owned (and I have owned most of them)

stuarthanley
thinkForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 thinkForever
Member since 2007 • 29 Posts

2008 is PS3s year for games so shut up. and the PSN is perfect, I prefer Xbox Live but PSN is the same stuff. and plus PS3 games are on Blu-ray discs compared to 360's on DVD. So in 2009+ the games will look 20x better on the PS3 than the 360. Its just that technology right now isnt ready for blu-ray technology. I own a 360 and a PS3.

Just to name a few games and things planned in 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Haze, Motorstorm 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Story, Eight Days, inFamous, Battlefield: Bad Company, Lost Planet (port from 360), Dual Shock 3 (controller with rumble and sixaxis). Playstation Home is going to be amazing! and change online gaming and talking forever. Xbox Live only has achievements...Home has trophies and a movie theatre. Plus its all FREE! and also Grand Theft Auto 4..but thats multiplat.

and Blu-ray is better than HD DVD...obviously. Sony is the future. Blu-ray is the future. PS3. IS. THE. FUTURE.

hashimgillani1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

#25 hashimgillani1
Member since 2004 • 1495 Posts
Yeh, Sony made there mistakes with the PS3, but things are becoming smooth now. If you decide to discard ur PS3 at this moment it will be as bad as throwing ur wii and 360 of the balcony cause some serious games are comin out or are already out (UT3, Uncharted, Ratchet etc.) and more will arrive. Month from now we get DMC4, Dark Sector etc. 3 months we'll see HOME and other titles will be annouced, maybe MGS4 will be comin bak to its orginal date. So yeh, wait is wat u hav to do, but after all u hav bought a 600$ system not so that u can play for a couple of months of online games and be done with it, no so that u play shooters all the time, not cause u can be losing weight on the wii fit or gettin cramps with the wii mote but cause your to play some of the best franchises ever. So stick with it, its up to u.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts
I don't know, mine's just fine as far as PS3 goes. Got COD4 at the end of Nov, getting Assassin's Creed for Christmas, got Shivering Isles. I'll be fine till MGS4 lol
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Denji
[QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"][QUOTE="dstryr13"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

joehan86

Told ya GUI was coming

And nothing can stop us

You're a bunch of kids playing an online game. Stop what?? The only thing that can "stop you" are your parents, grounding you from your PS3s. Please..

Quit spamming the boards

hazuki

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#28 hazuki
Member since 2003 • 3959 Posts
[QUOTE="stuarthanley"]

The_Rick_14

What I noticed in that response is that you're only considering one focal group here. Yourself. Most people aren't lucky enough to have both a 360 and a PS3. And not everyone has the same taste as you. I'd say that vast majority at this time have neither a 360 or a PS3 since the majority probably still have PS2s.

I guess my point is not everyone is you or has the same opinions as you. Any gamer who really wants MGS or Haze or GT5 will probably either use Christmas money to pay off a pre-order anyway to they don't have to worry about coming up with the money down the road. But that's just my opinion.

But no, go back and read his post and think about it for a minute. If a consumer is out to buy a true current gen console, and he or she looks at all the games. Sees the 4-5 worth playing exclusives, and sees that all the multiplatform games are on the 360 as well. Well if this consumer has done his or her homework, 8 times out of 10, the game is typically better on 360 FOR NOW. So why spend the extra money on a console, if the 3rd party game is better on something cheaper? And I don't care if fanboys admit it or not, the exclusives haven't been the greatest things in the world like in the ps2/ps1 days.

I was hoping resistance would be the end all be all game for the ps3, but I ended up hating it for its poor level design and bad sound effects *even if its in uncompressed 7.1, the guns sounded low quality. Weird thing is, that was my problem with rachet and clank future, with its weapons being low quality sounding*.

Motorstorm was good for what it is, but nothing ground breaking.

Heavenly sword, now that game is either a love it or hate it experience. I hated it, because it felt like the game couldn't stay running at 1 certain speed. During combat, either your weapons are going faster than normal, or the game is doing a slo-mo effect. Makes it very annoying. Movies like the matrix used slo-mo sparringly. Not after every other footstep. If the game was more like god of war, and had the solid feeling of it, I believe this game could've been better. Then nariko as a character, pretty, just couldn't seem likeable. Its like you are supposed to like her from the begining, then build on her. But what if you didn't like her at the start?

Uncharted, I honestly believed from the demo, was it. That sony had finally done everything they planned to do. Then I go out and rent the entire game. Oh boy, was I wrong. Sure, the graphics are probably some of the best on consoles, but the gameplay is broken. Sometimes the jumping mechanism doesn't trigger right. Camera gets in the way. Can't crouch in cover like in other games like this *mgs2, mgs3, gears of war, kill.switch all let you crouch in cover* And it has the most unneccessary plot twist at 85% of the game.

So I will say, this christmas, sony still hasn't made its grand come back yet. Though, they nearly nailed it. Next year, possibly could be it. With burnout paradise, devil may cry 4, and unreal tournament 3 being better on ps3, that could reach out to people. Then finally, we'll start getting true heavy hitters like mgs4 and killzone 2 that will sell the system. Sonys big and grand mistake, was taking out backwards compatibility in the 40gig. That, made them lose many sells. I'm all the time hearing about people who can't afford the 80gig, but don't want the 40gig because of its lack of features. Now, ps2/ps1 games do look somewhat better on the ps3, so missing out on all of that, is bigger than you think. I'd even reccomend the 20gig over the 40gig, as you can swap out the hard drive. You can't simply add on backwards compatibility.

njean777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 njean777
Member since 2007 • 3807 Posts

stuarthanley

i just have to say yeah the ps3 has been out 2 decembers and one of them it came out a month before christmas what do you expect and also i had the 360 at launch and it sucked both christmas and it still does i only have like three games on it and the only one im impressed with is gears of war so quit crying and wait you had to do it for the 360 so now since you jumped ship early for a ps3 you get to do it again

sainraja

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 sainraja
Member since 2006 • 1956 Posts

I don't think this guy is trying to enjoy the system. He's trying NOT to enjoy it. I mean, there is Uncharted, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Assassins Creed, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Folklore available on it.......and if he hasn't found one game that he likes from that list.........all I have to say is.....the PS3 probably won't ever please him. If, somehow, all those titles were on the other system, they would all of a sudden be good to him...seriously.

EDIT: He's already playing down half of the titles available on it......as I noticed by checking other posts.......no need to convince him guys.....he's not going to be convinced.....stop wasting your time. He can wait.....or just move on to his other systems that he seems to enjoy so much that he has to come here and post about how he is not enjoying the PS3.

Just sell it.....you are not doing us a favor by holding on to it. Do what you want with whatever it is you have.......no need to tell us your life story.

TheTenth10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 TheTenth10
Member since 2006 • 3087 Posts

Enchanted arms, Oblivion, Tiger Woods 07, Marvel ultimate alliance were far better on PS3 so it's not new that some games are better on PS3, only thing is reviewers are 892% biased for the other 2 consoles.

They're even thrashing some games for no reason (Clive Barker's Jericho is fresh and full of good ideas, character design is perfect).

To OP : if you haven't strated using the PS3 as a Blu-ray player, it would be time now, there are regularly "buy one get one free" in online shops, and great "exclusives too : Spider man, Pirates of the Caribbean ...

And you should have known from teh start Sony has a different point than others (as some already said) : they're not specialised in FPS/Racers or child's games, they can offer amazing games for any genre (FPS : UT3, Racers : Motorstorm, A-RPG : Folklore, strategy : Eye of judgment, action/adventure : Uncharted Drake's fortune, platform : Ratchet and Clank ...) so just ask yourself why you bought it?

tkemory

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 tkemory
Member since 2002 • 2191 Posts
[QUOTE="stuarthanley"]

njean777

i just have to say yeah the ps3 has been out 2 decembers and one of them it came out a month before christmas what do you expect and also i had the 360 at launch and it sucked both christmas and it still does i only have like three games on it and the only one im impressed with is gears of war so quit crying and wait you had to do it for the 360 so now since you jumped ship early for a ps3 you get to do it again

You are smoking something, this has been one of the best Christmases for 360. I went broke buying all the current games, good thing I recovered in time to get my PS3.

The OP is basically saying he is speaking from experience because he owns 3 different systems. Some (Most) fan bois talk about other systems and have never touched the systems they are ripping on.

I think the PS3 has some good games, but very few great games right now. I tried the Resistance demo and thought it wasn't very good. Graphics seemed poor (granted I didn't play very far into it). Uncharted looks great, I have it coming on Gamefly, 12 hours isn't enough for a purchase imo.

I rented Heavenly Sword, which is suprisingly good and looks beautiful, Lair I haven't played it yet, been playing GH III and Heavenly Sword. I have 2 more rentals coming.

Yes it could have been better but its not bleak and as someone mentioned not everyone has the same taste as you, so there is probably some people out there thinking wow great Christmas Sony, thank you.

DSPX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 DSPX
Member since 2004 • 585 Posts

The problem is that it seems like the PS3 is only going to get sloppy, atrocious 360 ports for all cross platform games from now on. I might have to start using my 360 for all cross platform games, and my PS3 just for exclusives. Also, I don't like the fact that PS3 games in general have a darker contrast and darker color schemes than the 360. I'm worried that developers are never going to actually take the time to learn how to use the PS3 to it's fullest. On top of that, Microsoft has paid Rockstar tons of money to have exclusivecontentin the 360 version of GTA4. That might sway people toward getting a 360 instead of a PS3.

Also, I have2 questions. How much bigger is the new rumble sixaxis controller? The standard sixaxis feels too small for my hands.Which console is selling better in the US now, the PS3 or the 360? I'd kind of like to get an idea nowas towhich one is going to lose the console warso I waste too much money on games.

stuarthanley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 stuarthanley
[QUOTE="stuarthanley"]

Xternal

You sure will get corrected, this is like the first xmas, or i would have had it last year :)

Friday November 11th 2006

2 Christmas's

The_Tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 The_Tron
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts

So, i'll start:

stuarthanley

Alright first off, just because you own every console(rich spoiled Bastard) doesn't automatically make you nonpartisan. Second sony doesn't have many exclusive rights cause they don't pay companies out the ass for exlusive rights on a game, they develope their own games and only have a few loyal third party developers like insomniac games producing games for them, speaking of insomniac games ever played a little game called Ratchet and clank Future, or how about Uncharted Drakes fortune, Warhawk?

The_Tron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 The_Tron
Member since 2007 • 287 Posts
[QUOTE="Xternal"][QUOTE="stuarthanley"]

stuarthanley

Friday November 11th 2006

2 Christmas's

sure it came out a month before last christmas. Yah one month is a ton of time to put out 30+ games that all meet your particular tastes in a game. Bloody tool if you wanna whine about your ps3 so much you can sell it so someone else can appreciate it more and you can go back to being a player hater, a Playstation Player-hater

Big_Dane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 Big_Dane
Member since 2006 • 120 Posts

2008 is PS3s year for games so shut up. and the PSN is perfect, I prefer Xbox Live but PSN is the same stuff. and plus PS3 games are on Blu-ray discs compared to 360's on DVD. So in 2009+ the games will look 20x better on the PS3 than the 360. Its just that technology right now isnt ready for blu-ray technology. I own a 360 and a PS3.

Just to name a few games and things planned in 2008

Metal Gear Solid 4, Killzone 2, Haze, Motorstorm 2, Gran Turismo 5, God of War 3, Final Fantasy XIII, White Knight Story, Eight Days, inFamous, Battlefield: Bad Company, Lost Planet (port from 360), Dual Shock 3 (controller with rumble and sixaxis). Playstation Home is going to be amazing! and change online gaming and talking forever. Xbox Live only has achievements...Home has trophies and a movie theatre. Plus its all FREE! and also Grand Theft Auto 4..but thats multiplat.

and Blu-ray is better than HD DVD...obviously. Sony is the future. Blu-ray is the future. PS3. IS. THE. FUTURE.

thinkForever

thas a pretty gud list but u forgot Army of 2 tht game seems lyk a real interesting take on co-op

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#40 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

So, i'll start:

stuarthanley

People like you...always trying to troll.

You can have every system in the world, that doesn't change one thing. Your post is still biased and hateful on PS3. That's a fact. Sad..

System Wars that way ------>

DirtySkidMarcs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 DirtySkidMarcs
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="joehan86"][QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"][QUOTE="dstryr13"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

DirtySkidMarcs

Told ya GUI was coming

And nothing can stop us

You're a bunch of kids playing an online game. Stop what?? The only thing that can "stop you" are your parents, grounding you from your PS3s. Please..

Quit spamming the boards

Actually we are all adults who only fear sobriety. You wish we were kids, we are not.

Look out Denji it's GUI

Name the date and game Benji.Watch this kid own you. Man enough for the challenge?
Roman_Irishman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#43 Roman_Irishman
Member since 2007 • 29493 Posts
I agree that Sony needed to come out with some more good exclusives for Christmas, but Ratchet and Clank is good and Uncharted is great. I never really expected MGS to be out by Christmas and still wonder if it could be another year. Metal Gear games always come out at Christmas. The only comfort is that all of the good games X Box has out for Christmas besides Halo are PS3 games too. But I also think some of the other guys were right on when they said who wants a game to be rushed for Christmas only to be bad. So all in all Sony has some good games out this Christmas but they could have done a little better.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Denji
[QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="joehan86"][QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"][QUOTE="dstryr13"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

DirtySkidMarcs

Told ya GUI was coming

And nothing can stop us

Quit spamming the boards

Actually we are all adults who only fear sobriety. You wish we were kids, we are not.

Look out Denji it's GUI

Look out for what? You're still playing a game, nothing more. Not like you're a rebel group about to take down a government complex IN REAL LIFE. Again, stop what? LOL

Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 Denji
[QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"][QUOTE="Denji"][QUOTE="joehan86"][QUOTE="DirtySkidMarcs"][QUOTE="dstryr13"][QUOTE="The_Rick_14"]

DirtySkidMarcs

Told ya GUI was coming

And nothing can stop us

Quit spamming the boards

Look out Denji it's GUI

Name the date and game Benji.Watch this kid own you. Man enough for the challenge?

Sorry, I don't speak "l33t talk" I'm a real adult. I play for fun, I don't go out of my way to take it too seriously. I don't care if I win or lose, I get on with my life.

Xternal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Xternal

I don't think this guy is trying to enjoy the system. He's trying NOT to enjoy it. I mean, there is Uncharted, Warhawk, Resistance, Motorstorm, Ratchet and Clank, Heavenly Sword, Assassins Creed, Ninja Gaiden Sigma and Folklore available on it.......and if he hasn't found one game that he likes from that list.........all I have to say is.....the PS3 probably won't ever please him. If, somehow, all those titles were on the other system, they would all of a sudden be good to him...seriously.

EDIT: He's already playing down half of the titles available on it......as I noticed by checking other posts.......no need to convince him guys.....he's not going to be convinced.....stop wasting your time. He can wait.....or just move on to his other systems that he seems to enjoy so much that he has to come here and post about how he is not enjoying the PS3.

Just sell it.....you are not doing us a favor by holding on to it. Do what you want with whatever it is you have.......no need to tell us your life story.

sainraja

I agree, he is just looking for faults and trying not to enjoy it, assassins creed, call of duty 4, resistance, motorstorm, jeesh dude he needs to get his head checked

dEtHsLaYeR

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#48 dEtHsLaYeR
Member since 2007 • 681 Posts

So, i'll start:

stuarthanley

Yeah, you are right, you can't argue with the fact that Sony is a little sluggish for the holidays.

Well, I have heard that most of these games are very detailed and probably arent easy to complete, so maybe they are finishing them up? I dont know. But 2008 and 2009 will definitely be golden years for the ps3, so be patient.

hawk5377

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 hawk5377
Member since 2006 • 131 Posts

Have to say i am in the same position as the original poster of having all three consoles fro launch day and a good PC and have felt the same for most of the year, in fact I have felt little reason to turn the PS3 on for most of the year.

But the last month I have really started to enjoy my PS3, i imported a Dualshock and got a Playstaion Eye and got Ratchet and Clank and Uncharted and have really started to enjoy playing it.

I do really like the diferent feel of the system over the 360, I love the fact i can sit in bed and use my PSP to control it and watch movies and surf through it, that just so cool.

It does not need exclusives for me as I have all the consoles it just needs the time for the games to be equal quailty or the PS3 game be that little bit better than the 360 version and it will be my main console.

I just want t play the best version of whatever game comes out, its that simple.

It is suffering on two fronts that the games come out a few months later than the Xbox version and seem to be worse or the get exclusivity for a few months like VF5 only to get the 360 version to come out and be better.

ButI think that will all change by the end of 2008.

It seems to me people seem to think just because the 360 has its nose out in front it is better and will always remain so, its like Ferrari winning the first three races in the F1 season and then everyone deciding its all over.

But I am glad I have a PS3 now and look forward to 2008, it should be a great year.

Oh and just for the record, the Wii is just a kids toy and a novelty item, I hate the damn thing, Wii fanboys quote sales figures to show how good their system is, but there are probably a million more Nisssan Micra's on the road than Aston Martins but it does not make it a better car.

DaddyLongCaddy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50 DaddyLongCaddy
Member since 2007 • 844 Posts

So, i'll start:

stuarthanley

Yeah Sony, rush out all those good games we've been waiting on. We don't care if they are half-assed, unfinished garbage. Do it NOW, so the TC can enjoy his system.

/sarcasm