Am i the only person not sick of FPS's

• 59 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Sokol4ever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

User Lists: 0

#51 Sokol4ever
Member since 2007 • 6717 Posts

I would get a bit bored of them If I spent long period of time only playing FPS titles.

However, I like the genre and any good FPS is welcome.

heaven_in_hell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#52 heaven_in_hell
Member since 2007 • 312 Posts
im sick of FPS and i mean literally getting sick because everytime i play FPS i get real dizzy thats why i dont play it for a long period
GARRYTH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#53 GARRYTH
Member since 2005 • 6870 Posts
see i think killzone will blow me away because it has a covering system. i hate fps latly because they don't do anything differant. im sorry for saying this but it so mindless it is unreal. run in circles or backwards and shoot. that is all you can do in these games. killzone covering system is going to be awesome because lets face it in real life if your getting shot at would take cover or run in circles lol. there motionless games. i want third person because you can do more with the caracter at least roll out off the way anyways. why on earth have they not made a covering systems in the new fps latly or at least one or two of them.
AgentZero225

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54 AgentZero225
Member since 2007 • 1718 Posts
Its the easies type of game to make plus its the newest fad.
Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#55 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

i'm not sick of FPS, lol. that's ridiculous, if some one doesn't like them, they shouldn't buy them. Me personally, i like fps games, but i can't play all of them there are those i like and those i hate. basically if i can run and gun it's for me if it's camp galore, then take that s**t elsewhere. However what i don't likeabout FPS game is thatthey get too much hype but in the end are all very similar, wait let me rephrase that, i don't like when PEOPLE take FPS games too seriously. look at the halo nataion for example, it's sad. the game is very solid, but the people on the other hand...(once again this doesn'tapplyto everyone, but it's hard gettingpoint across withoutoffending someone)I just don't see his kind of a thing for other genres. well that's my beef with the FPS hardcore fans, no beef with the actual genre.

Looking forward to: KZ2, UT3, HAZE

Not looking forward to: Army of 2, COD4, among many others

Rakuho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#56 Rakuho
Member since 2007 • 7008 Posts

see i think killzone will blow me away because it has a covering system. i hate fps latly because they don't do anything differant. im sorry for saying this but it so mindless it is unreal. run in circles or backwards and shoot. that is all you can do in these games. killzone covering system is going to be awesome because lets face it in real life if your getting shot at would take cover or run in circles lol. there motionless games. i want third person because you can do more with the caracter at least roll out off the way anyways. why on earth have they not made a covering systems in the new fps latly or at least one or two of them. GARRYTH

i agree on the mindlessness, but hey i like to play R:FOM, all u do is run around and shoot.

Idon't consider myself mindless, but i do enjoy simple concepts. there's absolutely nothing wrong with that. simplicity is the true genious. if you mustmake something complicated to make it enjoyable then the concept behind your idea was never solid to begin with.

I like RPGs, that's my favorite genre, but i also love some FPS on the side

oh and btw, the downside to cover, it justallows campersto sit aroundand snipe u or p***y around. run n gun, that's my style. notcreative, not inteligent, but very fun.

Blitz_Nemesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57 Blitz_Nemesis
Member since 2005 • 8042 Posts
ive only gotten into FPS since Resistance, so no i aint tired of them.
spade357

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58 spade357
Member since 2006 • 35 Posts
I'm sick of it as in i get motion sickness and i get a nasty headache after playing for 5 mins. I have no problem with 3rd person games. I would play Resident Evil games anyday than playing Halo. The problem i think with FPS games are: the game is fast pace and you can't really enjoy the game's environment (my opinion) 'cause if you stop, you will get shot. It gets repetitive after a while. It's got no strategy; all you do is shoot, shoot, shoot, and stay alive. I went to my friend's house to check out the Halo 3 and after playing for 5 mins or so, i got bored already. IMO, i think 3rd person is better 'cause you actually see who's behind/left/right of you unlike FPS. This is why i can't see myself buying an Xbox.
Tokyo90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59 Tokyo90
Member since 2007 • 2024 Posts

I'm not sick of FPS