Am i the only one that is getting bored of games?

• 71 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

0diablo0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 0diablo0
Member since 2004 • 670 Posts

Lately ive been playing games less and less, and im not sure why. Its just harder to pickup the controller nowdays? Im not a lazy person by any means, but i find myself watching tonnes of movies and tv shows i have aquired from, say... select sources is making up most of my free time instead of some gaming.

I mean after beating fallout 3, i havent had the want to try far cry 2 which i just borrowed, i played it for a bit, got kinda stuck, and gave up. Usually i will play for a while, but it hard to pick it up in the first place, but once i do i seem to enjoy it.

Anybody else have the same feeling nowdays?

koolaidWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 koolaidWTF
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
Yeah I'm getting to that point. I would rather do other stuff than sit down and play games, now that I'm getting older. I'll sure sit down and play games at a friends house or another place, but to go out and spend 400 dollars on another console and buy games just isn't appealing to me as it was before. I would rather go out and do other stuff than just beat a game. Don't get me wrong I still like games very much, but it's just getting harder and harder to play them now a days.
Avatar image for mistergamer2006
mistergamer2006

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mistergamer2006
Member since 2006 • 988 Posts

same here bro!

i hate a topic earlier about what MGS4 did to me :P

haha but yah my gaming interest are being revived now after a couple of good online matches on R2 :D

koolaidWTF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 koolaidWTF
Member since 2008 • 362 Posts
Yeah there ARE very good games out now and that are coming out soon, but once you beat them or play them for a long time what's the use for them? To just sit around and collect dust, while your not playing your 400 dollar console. There's a lot of better things to do than play games, and I guess this is the time that some people are actually figuring that out.
Avatar image for UnknownElement4
UnknownElement4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UnknownElement4
Member since 2008 • 2603 Posts
I've been like that for a while. But, there is always a game thats tends to just get me back into gaming.
ViewtifulScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 ViewtifulScott
Member since 2005 • 878 Posts
Yeah there ARE very good games out now and that are coming out soon, but once you beat them or play them for a long time what's the use for them? To just sit around and collect dust, while your not playing your 400 dollar console. There's a lot of better things to do than play games, and I guess this is the time that some people are actually figuring that out.koolaidWTF
So instead of wasting time playing games, you're wasting time talking about them? I find more games are harder for me to get into the more complicated they are. Trial and error player punishing games especially. I like a challenge, DMC4 is one of my favorite games of the year, but too many games go into cheap territory in the name of creating challenge. Any games that stresses me out is doing something wrong, because after or before a long day of work, the last thing I need from my hobby, which is supposed to help me relax and unwind, is more stress.
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#7 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts
I'm 32 years old and I'm getting bored with games. Now I just play the good ones and even then I have to force myself to finish one. I'm just sick of all the same old stuff it seems like every game has to have a gun in it. Developers dont use any creativity they just stick to the same old stuff. I recently bought a Wii and I'm having a blast with Mario Galaxy. I probobly won't buy another game until Resident evil 5 comes out. The last game I bought on my PS3 was SOCOM.
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#8 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I'm 32 years old and I'm getting bored with games. Now I just play the good ones and even then I have to force myself to finish one. I'm just sick of all the same old stuff it seems like every game has to have a gun in it. Developers dont use any creativity they just stick to the same old stuff. I recently bought a Wii and I'm having a blast with Mario Galaxy. I probobly won't buy another game until Resident evil 5 comes out. The last game I bought on my PS3 was SOCOM. jdc6305

You complain about all Games having guns while only buying those who have? o_O Why don't you play Games like LBP, Oblibion, Heavenly Swords, Dynasty Warriors 6, any racer/sports Game or anything that hasn't any guns? There are tons of them out there o_O

@topic: same here, I actually force myself to play Games nowadays, turned more to a collector than a Gamer :S I don't know if it's my age, my experience or the quality of the Games

krylon36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 krylon36
Member since 2008 • 318 Posts
for me it comes and goes. i can be playing daily for months then not pick up a controller for the same amount of time.
jdc6305

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#10 jdc6305
Member since 2005 • 5058 Posts

[QUOTE="jdc6305"]I'm 32 years old and I'm getting bored with games. Now I just play the good ones and even then I have to force myself to finish one. I'm just sick of all the same old stuff it seems like every game has to have a gun in it. Developers dont use any creativity they just stick to the same old stuff. I recently bought a Wii and I'm having a blast with Mario Galaxy. I probobly won't buy another game until Resident evil 5 comes out. The last game I bought on my PS3 was SOCOM. ArchoNils2

You complain about all Games having guns while only buying those who have? o_O Why don't you play Games like LBP, Oblibion, Heavenly Swords, Dynasty Warriors 6, any racer/sports Game or anything that hasn't any guns? There are tons of them out there o_O

@topic: same here, I actually force myself to play Games nowadays, turned more to a collector than a Gamer :S I don't know if it's my age, my experience or the quality of the Games

I didn't say I don't like all games with guns I was just stating theres an over ubundance of them. I did play LBP and Heavenly Sword the only problem with those game is I rented them and finished them in two days.
xmitchconnorx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xmitchconnorx
Member since 2007 • 2649 Posts
I got like that like 2 years ago but now I'm mad excited about alot of games.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Well, how old are you? Either you're losing interest or you're realizing you're not a kid anymore and can't play video games 24/7 without a care in the world. It happens.

I'm still a gamer and buy games. I'm still excited for games I'm interested in. But I don't "do nothing but play video games" and I do like to take breaks. Sometimes I won't touch a game for a week. It depends what I have to do at the time. If I've got nothing going on and it's a game I really like, sure I'll do a long playing session. But I don't think I'll ever lose interest in games. I may play less from time to time, but the feeling's still there at 29 years old.

nikolai37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 nikolai37
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
Maybe it is your age or a period in your life. I played game's all the time when in school into my early teen years then once I got into my late teens and my early 20's I played a lot less while doing other things like partying, college, and other hobbie's like going to the gym etc. Sometimes I wouldnt play at all for month's. Now that I am in my late 20's I have started playing more and it is my #1 hobby again.
AlienOverlord

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#14 AlienOverlord
Member since 2003 • 790 Posts

My enjoyment of games started to ebb after Diablo II. I played that game a lot and came back to it several times, but when I realized all my time put into the game was essentially only changing some bits (binary) within the game it seemed like such a waste. It just feels kinda empty since then.. Online gaming is a little better because at least the bits are stored where you can't cheat them and you are competing with others. I try to avoid MMORPG games though because they are addictiing to me and I often get a PSN network error so haven't really enjoyed online with the PS3, though I think if my online was more dependable I'd enjoy my gaming much more.

So, I guess to me it comes down to having competition making it more interesting and playing by myself feeling more and more shallow.

Wuflungdung

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#15 Wuflungdung
Member since 2007 • 634 Posts
Yeah I'm getting to that point. I would rather do other stuff than sit down and play games, now that I'm getting older. I'll sure sit down and play games at a friends house or another place, but to go out and spend 400 dollars on another console and buy games just isn't appealing to me as it was before. I would rather go out and do other stuff than just beat a game. Don't get me wrong I still like games very much, but it's just getting harder and harder to play them now a days.koolaidWTF
I had that period, but then you work out you need that special something to relax you and you get back into it, just not hardcore anymore. Just casual fun to relax after a hard day of work.
Scianix-Black

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 Scianix-Black
Member since 2008 • 19297 Posts

Man, I hate getting old.

I realize I can't play games without a care in the world but I do it anyway.

That would make gaming an escape, right?

Not really. It just relieves stress.

xX_-X-_Xx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 xX_-X-_Xx
Member since 2008 • 307 Posts

yeah i am getting pretty fed up of games...

back in the day, playing atari, nes, snes, sega's, n64 and that - 24 hour sessions were my short gaming sessions.. now when i am not working and have a free day to do nothing, i tend to put in a game, play for 15 to 30 mins and then take a hour or so break, I dont know what it is, resistance i played kind of religiously..

sad to say but i think online gaming ruined it for me, not the game but the people i play against, and now it carried over to single player campaigns.. i use the ps3 more to socialize with the people then play games... i figured it was just me, i do like to play co-op but not competitive modes, and single player has no social interaction that i have become to love... i think in-game voice chat would get me back into games... but right now i just wait for online co-op games

nikolai37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 nikolai37
Member since 2005 • 630 Posts
[QUOTE="Scianix-Black"]

Man, I hate getting old.

Yes and it is good for boredom as well. I'm not a big TV or movie person so I can get bored easily and video games are a nice cure for that.
Avatar image for deactivated-5bb196d4ab501
deactivated-5bb196d4ab501

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 deactivated-5bb196d4ab501
Member since 2006 • 181 Posts
it has nothing to do with the games or the times, its you growing up. Maybe you have some more responsibilities other than movies than you did in years past.
WutTimeIsIt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 WutTimeIsIt
Member since 2008 • 785 Posts
Dont Do Drugs....Stick To Gaming ;) and to the one guy who said their last game was socom....theres your problem right there buddy, socom, theres your problem right there
Fyrmest

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Fyrmest
Member since 2008 • 280 Posts

Lately ive been playing games less and less, and im not sure why. Its just harder to pickup the controller nowdays? Im not a lazy person by any means, but i find myself watching tonnes of movies and tv shows i have aquired from, say... select sources is making up most of my free time instead of some gaming.

I mean after beating fallout 3, i havent had the want to try far cry 2 which i just borrowed, i played it for a bit, got kinda stuck, and gave up. Usually i will play for a while, but it hard to pick it up in the first place, but once i do i seem to enjoy it.

0diablo0
I've experienced it so, yet, there is no explaination due to many reasons - everyone is different, everything is taken into account.
Denji

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Denji
Member since 2003 • 12757 Posts

Man, I hate getting old.

Scianix-Black

Completely agree. I actually some what rely on them sometimes depending on my emotional/mental situation at the time. Bad day and pissed off, I go play some GTA and kill people lol Can't do it in real life, so I'll do it in a game lol

bryankei

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bryankei
Member since 2006 • 222 Posts

0diablo0
Naah, Far Cry 2 is just a boring game. Play something else.
ViewtifulScott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 ViewtifulScott
Member since 2005 • 878 Posts
I didn't say I don't like all games with guns I was just stating theres an over ubundance of them. I did play LBP and Heavenly Sword the only problem with those game is I rented them and finished them in two days. jdc6305
You said their is an overabundance of games with guns, so you're losing interest in games, and the only next game you want to buy is a game which... prominently features guns, which adds more sales to "yet another gun game", which encourages more developers to make games with shooting as the basic premise. You're undermining yourself, in other words. You didn't "finish" LBP btw, the online modes and create a level grant it infinite replay value.
Dante_May_Die

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Dante_May_Die
Member since 2008 • 1505 Posts

i get bored of games when i beat them...they just get boring..but games that are acrobatic like Assassin's Creed or prince of persia are cool i like the acrobatics..im planning to get Mirror's Edge soon too :) if i pass the exams :'(

Clipperstown

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 Clipperstown
Member since 2008 • 145 Posts
not really cause this happened to me in the summer. i just took a break from gaming, but i got back into it the last couple of months. it's just that sometimes your body gets bored of the same old things, so you gotto take a break for like a month or 2.
dmc333

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 dmc333
Member since 2002 • 766 Posts
Modern Games..........All flashy, no substance. And they are so easy. I blame that on the children. What is funny is that sonic the hedgehog is more difficult than mgs4 on the most difficult level. And sonic was a game made for children....
sasapac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 sasapac
Member since 2008 • 1056 Posts

sometimes i have the same feeling

just pick up a new game that interest you (like resistance 2)

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts

I'm sort of having the opposite feeling at 25. I watch less TV and play more games (relative to each other). Ever since the Sopranos ended I haven't really had the urge to follow a show.

The only show I watch is Colbert Report and everything else is just sports. I scan through all of my 250+ channels and can never find anything remotely interesting. I've kept all of my favorite games from PS1-3, so I always have something to play. I can complete a game over and over again; RE2 and Driver have about 500,000 miles on them.

I have less time for couch-bound entertainment in these adult times, but games seem to take in a larger percentage now.

wstfld

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 wstfld
Member since 2008 • 6375 Posts
BTW, collections of old games are awesome. I was too young to work when I had NES and Genesis, so I sold them to get the next generation of systems. The Sonic Mega Collection is a blast. The Mega Man Anniversary collection is also fun. I also think that Sega is releasing a new Genesis collection with about 40 games on it. Maybe a shot of nostalgia will re-spark your interest
deon99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 deon99
Member since 2007 • 677 Posts

0diablo0
it feels like that cause every game is a fps it all feels the same
sizzlingdviper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 sizzlingdviper
Member since 2004 • 1818 Posts
Getting Old Dude,getting Old!
hardcore_nate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#34 hardcore_nate
Member since 2007 • 389 Posts

I agree totally. Im more into my gf and I now more than I'm into games :P

I just think Sony isn't doing anything about the lack of games. Yes, I have all the new release, and yes, they got old after a hour. So, maybe I just need to get out of gaming :(

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

I had the same issue about a year ago. I just felt like all the games I played were much too similar (Halo, GoW, Mario). I decided to ask around and find some really different or epic 'outside the box' (Killer 7, Mother 3, Snatcher) type games and it really helped re-spark my interest in games in general.

Avatar image for Nocturnal_Speed
Nocturnal_Speed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Nocturnal_Speed
Member since 2008 • 1663 Posts

yeah lately all ive been playing is Madden 09. I just can't get into stories like I used too... I feel like I'm wasting my time, but then again it's better then being on the streets spending money...If you know what I mean. I too feel like I collect games more then I play them just to have them because maybe it'll interest me in the future. I don't know really, but it'll always be my #1 hobby for sure.

doc18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#37 doc18
Member since 2005 • 242 Posts

i'm disgusted that people would even get bored of games in the first place!!! only joking :D

erm yer sometimes i do feel like i'm getting a little bored of games if i'mk hoenest but usually thats because i've completed both the singleplayer and most of the multiplayer, however a new release or addition to my collection starts up my passion for gaming again :) and if i do'nt have the money, i simply restart on a game that i completed, like oblivion or MGS4 :D

Dan

Chaos_Bladez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Chaos_Bladez
Member since 2007 • 5801 Posts
Doing more things that aren't games makes games more enjoyable to play. That's my thinking anyway. Maybe taking a break and doing something else maybe outside would help.
Avatar image for deactivated-58319077a6477
deactivated-58319077a6477

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 deactivated-58319077a6477
Member since 2007 • 4954 Posts

I think I'm starting to feel that. Sometimes I turn my PS3 on and start a game but then decide not to play after just a few minutes. It is a lot different from when I was younger 10- 15 years ago, I used to play for hours none stop. I guess because I have a ot of responsibilities now.

Maybe it is also from the pressure from family and friends who keeps telling you "aren't you to old to play video game in your 20s".Where I'm from people find it strange to see you play where you are a grown up.

Still I don't think I will give up on gaming.

MGSFan92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 MGSFan92
Member since 2008 • 1525 Posts
Yeah, I just can't play them anymore. I barely got any games for Christmas either, I just opted for clothes this year.
Darth_Sibbs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

#41 Darth_Sibbs
Member since 2004 • 4234 Posts
for me it comes and goes. i can be playing daily for months then not pick up a controller for the same amount of time.krylon36
This is very much me, recently I have been gaming a lot with a lot of cool and fun games coming out :)
rogerjak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 rogerjak
Member since 2004 • 14950 Posts

I love gaming, but like a normal person, sometimes I get tired, especially if my mind is in something I can't do in the moment, gaming seems boring compared to that thing.

It comes and goes. Sometimes I NEED gaming, other times I just feel...meh.

But don't worry it's just a phase, everyone gets by it more than once.

gutag

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 gutag
Member since 2008 • 31 Posts
True sometimes i find myself playin old games that i liked that gets me into it. Like right now im playin my Final Fantasy 9 again
Zidaneski

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 Zidaneski
Member since 2003 • 9266 Posts

Most games just do the same thing over and over thats why. I only take a break from games if there is something else reall really important going on like work, school, or trying to get a girl to like me. When I play games that have heart in the story its so awesome. Well, Mirror's Edge story wasn't that great but the gameplay is a new experience. Prince of Persia did something amazing and look amazing. Disgaea 3 has the most hilarious story ever! LittleBigPlanet is practically the next best thing compared to Super Smash Brothers. Valkyria Chronicles took things to a new level with gameplay and graphics.

Notice how none of those games were FPS. You need to widen out in your taste in videogames if you want to able to appreciate them and have fun. Playing the same type of game would be scary for me.

Dogswithguns

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#46 Dogswithguns
Member since 2007 • 11359 Posts
Dudes, stop being so mello yello!! .....not me, i wish i had all day to play games, better than some losers out there doing drugs.... personally, i just cant get enough games!!!!
Persaiyez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 Persaiyez
Member since 2006 • 107 Posts
don't worry bro...when you get the age to just watch shows..and you have tht new game out next to the ps3..you want to play it..but you just know tht you can spend your time doing something completely irrelevant to gaming.Sometimes we jsut need a break from things to really get out minds straight...its only human nature.To explore other things tht might catch our interest.If its not a movie..then its a show..even a friend or girlfriend for tht matter.You'll come right back to games in no time..it'll take a while ..just continue to explore your options of the world around you.You'll come back to it!! we always do!!
odin2019

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#48 odin2019
Member since 2006 • 4677 Posts

Sometimes I do get bored of gaming an example is cod4 is the same thing every time I go online pretty much. With SF2HD remix it is quite linear and I doubt I will buy SF4 right away upon release because of that. However, there tons and tons of past games out there that are all available if you can find a good way to get them which I have.

I like watching movies but there are very few tv shows that I like.

cs45F

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49 cs45F
Member since 2008 • 1147 Posts
I know what ya mean ive been playing a ton of COD4 and im almost 2nd prestige and im bored to heck i don't know how people bear it all the way to 10th prestige.
brickdoctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 156

#50 brickdoctor
Member since 2008 • 9746 Posts

Every day I pick up a newe game, and every day I get tired of it. I have played them for too long and i 2 get bored. Guess its time to get a new game...